Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Mei gives you time to consider your flaws and all the mistakes you've made.

McCree just ends you.

I know which death I'd take.

I mean, I'd also appreciate an extra 10 years to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Verranicus posted:

As I get higher rank I seem to be encountering more of the "LOL EZ" "GGNORE SCRUBS" type people. Not sure if I like the direction this is headed.

Yea, saw much more of that today as well. Rarely saw anything like that in closed beta, so it's disappointing to start seeing so much anger.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I gotta wonder: how effective would a set-up of 3 Torbs, a Junkrat, and whatever else work for defense on the Russia map?

What I'm thinking is like this: two of the Torbs set up their turrets on each side of the front entrance to Point B to shut that entry down, while the third places it on a floating platform to harass any attackers who try coming in that way, while the rest of the team turns the last entrance into a murder hallway.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Earlier today, I had a blast playing defense with some goons on Hanamura. Our team was 3 Torbjorn, 2 Bastion, and Symmetra. I got the carwash achievement and chainsawed down some guys--finally got to put one of my three legendary Symmetra skins to use. I barely play her, but I have both of the Kali looking skins and one of the Architect ones. Sheesh.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Aranan posted:

Earlier today, I had a blast playing defense with some goons on Hanamura. Our team was 3 Torbjorn, 2 Bastion, and Symmetra. I got the carwash achievement and chainsawed down some guys--finally got to put one of my three legendary Symmetra skins to use. I barely play her, but I have both of the Kali looking skins and one of the Architect ones. Sheesh.

Lol, the game really wants you to play her.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I like when I'm playing as Torb against an enemy Mei that puts up ice walls against my level 1 turret. Thank you for giving me a barrier to safely upgrade it to level 2 behind! :tipshat:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Mei really is equal opportunity when it comes to screwing over both teams.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
mei's freeze ray is a big pile of poo poo

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Never played Mei, does she not have ammo? I've never seen her stop to reload/recharge whatever.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Have fun going against this guy :negative:

https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/soulive-1406

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

FranktheBank posted:

Never played Mei, does she not have ammo? I've never seen her stop to reload/recharge whatever.

She has a ton of ammo and reloads super fast, but she does have to eventually. Her snowblower lasts basically forever if she's not shooting icicles though.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Mei really is equal opportunity when it comes to screwing over both teams.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Getting killed by mei is such a horrible feeling and it's hard to feel satisfied doing the same to others. Just kind of sorry there mate, this has to be done. But mei isn't sorry. She is a soulless devil.

I had this round on volskaya where our offense was getting shut down hard so everyone was hanging back being super defensive and then in the last 10s every player on both teams started popping ults at once and it was this madhouse.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
dont keep freezing them after they are frozen, shoot them in they face with your ice cannon

Shoot them right in the brain

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

I never really "got" why Mei had the sorry sorry I'm sorry sorry... emote until I spent some time playing her again recently and trapped a friend with the people I wanted to protect them from

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
She has it cuz she's tumblr incarnate

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I'm convinced Mei's freeze becomes 100% longer when used by the enemy team.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Mei is actually not sorry

for anything

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

verbal enema posted:

Same

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Mei isnt very tumblery at all

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

I'm convinced Mei's freeze becomes 100% longer when used by the enemy team.

Murphy's law of enemy abilities.

Zarya? Their shield lasts for ages instead of over near instantly.

Hog? Their chain feels twice as long as usual.

Junkrat's tire sure seems to pop in a slight breeze when you use it.

Phara has three times the fuel.

Etc.

Then you play them and wish they lived up to your imaginary expectations, whether or not you are doing well with them.

verbal enema posted:

Bastion is the tumblr user but it's just a boring birdwatcher's photo journal where the only text included are names of birds and locations where filmed.

Colt Cannon
Aug 11, 2000

verbal enema posted:

I loved the poo poo storm of hate that some artist got, because he drew a skinny Mei.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Tactical visor up, row of squishies infront of me. Here comes Mei to save the loving day, big blue wall out of nowhere loving up everything.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dias posted:

This game is astoundingly less fun in solo queue.

Your friends must be good because solo queue for me is "oh boy I get to win some games finally"

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i put an ice wall between my team and a high noon mccree and got a compliment for it and i'm still not sure it wasn't sarcastic

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
^^edit^^ I have icewalled off many ultimates and it's always super nice to get recognized for it. It makes up for the times I kill my allies with the wall. :v:

I was playing as someone squishy (I don't remember who) and was getting shot up pretty bad, and then Mei icewalled and saved me! I thanked our Mei in voice chat for saving my life, but our team didn't have Mei...

It's nice to be on the other end of that icewall shenanigans sometimes.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Most hilarious thing as mercy is turning an ambush against other players. I love killing mcrees and reapers as her. You can almost see the moment when they panic "oh god that pistol does way more damage than I expected"

So tip to mercys. Everyone topped up and things are safeish whip that pistol out.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

Most hilarious thing as mercy is turning an ambush against other players. I love killing mcrees and reapers as her. You can almost see the moment when they panic "oh god that pistol does way more damage than I expected"

So tip to mercys. Everyone topped up and things are safeish whip that pistol out.

:yeah:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
What mei does with walls is totally new to me and it's fun to learn.

I had a real lightbulb moment when we were on the initial KOTH midfight, my team had lucio so we were on point first and an enemy winston jumped in and started doing his thing. Then I see an enemy hog and 76 coming up one side, hog is gonna pull me and he and 76 will kill me in half a second then lay into my team while they are all busy shooting at winston. That was a really great wall. I blocked their path and they could either go around (by which time winston will be dead and they are running the main route into a full team,) or they can sit there and do nothing. They sat there then died ingloriously when my team noticed a few seconds later.

There's obvious uses like dropping a wall in front of a bastion, blocking a squishy enemy on our side of a choke, or that hamamura-something map where torg always builds in the same corner and you can just drop a wall and let him and his turret chill while your team pushes the 1st point. :byewhore:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I talk trash for exactly one occasion and it's when McCree flashbangs me and fails to finish me off, then falls to me. It gets good if you do it a couple times because then they start getting red mist any time you're around. Soldier 76 doesn't have time for your bullshit, Jesse.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Favorite Reinhardt moment today: A mercy was not healing and instead shooting me with her pistol, so I pressed shift.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

Favorite Reinhardt moment today: A mercy was not healing and instead shooting me with her pistol, so I pressed shift.

I've managed to help down a couple of reinhardts who tried that and missed.

It's safer to just tap M1 a few times.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I talk trash for exactly one occasion and it's when McCree flashbangs me and fails to finish me off, then falls to me. It gets good if you do it a couple times because then they start getting red mist any time you're around. Soldier 76 doesn't have time for your bullshit, Jesse.

Yeah, I comment on that too.

"My aimbot's better than yours, pal"

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Whenever I successfully 1v1 a McCree as Tracer it is the most satisfying thing.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
As a courtesy I always make sure to M1 headshot flashbanged Tracers. A gentleman doesn't keep a lady waiting.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I gotta stop foot-shotting when fighting on the ground with Pharah. It's free damage but it's just better to kill the bastards.

No worries. All I gotta do is break a habit built in me since loving 1999 in Tribes, right?

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Does anybody else feel like the armor drops from Torbjorn are a bit much? 75 damage reduction HP is a bit crazy when compared to Symmetra's 25 Shield bonus. I mean, so far it hasn't ever worked against me because i'm always the guy on the team with the Torbjorn smart enough to drop armor for people (and holy poo poo does 75 armor go well on Zenyatta/Tracer). idk, I feel like it's a bit overtuned atm.

e: Also I wish there was more counterplay involved with Mercy's ult. Like a brief second interval between triggering and team res that would allow you to interrupt it. Right now it's either "you kill her and she doesn't ult" or "she ults and you kick yourself for having bad aim/target priorities."

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Arrrthritis posted:

Does anybody else feel like the armor drops from Torbjorn are a bit much? 75 damage reduction HP is a bit crazy when compared to Symmetra's 25 Shield bonus. I mean, so far it hasn't ever worked against me because i'm always the guy on the team with the Torbjorn smart enough to drop armor for people (and holy poo poo does 75 armor go well on Zenyatta/Tracer). idk, I feel like it's a bit overtuned atm.

e: Also I wish there was more counterplay involved with Mercy's ult. Like a brief second interval between triggering and team res that would allow you to interrupt it. Right now it's either "you kill her and she doesn't ult" or "she ults and you kick yourself for having bad aim/target priorities."

Torbjorn's turret kind of sucks and there are better mid-close range fighters so without armor there is basically no reason to play Torbjorn. With the armor he owns and a good Torbjorn can both kill dudes and make his whole team harder to kill directly in proportion to how good he is.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Defending the final destination point in Hollywood after my team managed to gently caress around all game. 1.96m to destination and we somehow managed to hold them off the point for over 6 minutes and win it. This game is gonna be bad for my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

cock hero flux posted:

Torbjorn's turret kind of sucks and there are better mid-close range fighters so without armor there is basically no reason to play Torbjorn. With the armor he owns and a good Torbjorn can both kill dudes and make his whole team harder to kill directly in proportion to how good he is.

Torbjorn has the best gun in the game.