Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
like you'll get any sympathy, iron hands are the easiest army to loving paint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
MKII supremacy confirmed.
It's even cannon.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

like you'll get any sympathy, iron hands are the easiest army to loving paint

Yeah Bulbasaur. Your army is easy to paint quit bitching

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the joke is that he paints his iron hands like iron warriors, you see.

or plays his iron warriors as iron hands. whatever.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
IRON WITHIN IS WEAK

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Negative

Iron is FOREVER

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
You know, til it rusts and disintegrates

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Atrapos or Mageara? Halp.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Atrapos. Seriously that is the only answer.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Atrapos is limited to one per 1000 (or 2000?) points for a reason. It owns.

Also if they are part of a Knight Household, the Styrix is more useful than the Magaera since it can do anti-air duty.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

AA duty? You mean massed lightning guns?

Edit: Wait, which one of the short knights are the one with the volkite? Because it was either the volkite knight or the atrapos.

DJ Dizzy fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Jun 1, 2016

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Personally I really, really want to get my hands on a Castigator. S7AP3 Ordnance hellstorm template flamer and a giant fuckoff chainfist? Gief.

For actual content, I got poo poo done again!

I had a lot of fun putting this guy together.

Seriously an enormous chunk of resin.

Just as sexy from the other side. Yes, the lascannon sponsons move.

Top view!

Gunner detail view.

Invictus Lex - Undefeated Law

Hoc est inimicus in finem - this end towards the enemy

Painted the interior bay before slapping it together.

Praenuntius - Harbinger

Mortis Volubilis - Rolling Death

Ultio - Vengeance

Domitor - Conqueror

Pew intensifies.

I switched out the front casemate heavy bolters for heavy flamers - the kit didn't come with any so I stole a pair of heavy flamers from leftover Sentinel bits.

Hell of a view from the front.

Illud - Bring it!

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
That is a very very sexy Spartan. Loving the green on it. Great contrast.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

DJ Dizzy posted:

AA duty? You mean massed lightning guns?

Edit: Wait, which one of the short knights are the one with the volkite? Because it was either the volkite knight or the atrapos.

Styrix is the volkite one, Magaera is the blast lightning gun. In both cases still the Atrapos is a more terrifying choice for the enemy.

Reason why I mention AA duty is because in a Knight Household you can give it the Arbalester rank for Tank Hunter and, if you keep it still, Skyfire.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010

Lord Twisted posted:

That is a very very sexy Spartan. Loving the green on it. Great contrast.

Thank you! Warboss Green has poo poo all for coverage but on the other hand, the translucence makes it easy to get gradients with. Really makes them pop.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
RIP, the Iron Circle are delayed due to quality issues.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the dracosan transport was being sold for a while as a literally impossible to assemble model. as in, the bottom plate couldn't fit in the space allowed by the hull of the tank. over the course of a few weeks, FW sent me both a new bottom plate, and a new top hull, and no combination of them would fit. eventually i got an email from them saying 'oh we checked the master yeah these don't fit hahaha' and it went out of stock for a while as they, i assume, made a model that could actually be put together.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hencoe posted:

For ForgeWorld to notice quality issues they must literally turn to dust when removed from the moulds or something.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the dracosan transport was being sold for a while as a literally impossible to assemble model. as in, the bottom plate couldn't fit in the space allowed by the hull of the tank. over the course of a few weeks, FW sent me both a new bottom plate, and a new top hull, and no combination of them would fit. eventually i got an email from them saying 'oh we checked the master yeah these don't fit hahaha' and it went out of stock for a while as they, i assume, made a model that could actually be put together.

NO THEY MAKE THE BEST QUALITY MINIATURES ON THE MARKET AND YOU PAY FOR THAT QUALITY AND I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW, DO NOT SPEAK TO ME AGAIN. - A 40k thread poster.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TTerrible posted:

For ForgeWorld to notice quality issues they must literally turn to dust when removed from the moulds or something.

NO THEY MAKE THE BEST QUALITY MINIATURES ON THE MARKET AND YOU PAY FOR THAT QUALITY AND I AM LITERALLY SHAKING RIGHT NOW, DO NOT SPEAK TO ME AGAIN. - A 40k thread poster.

The initial Stormeagle and Spartan were huge fuckups too.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Yeah, I had the pleasure of rescuing a first generation Spartan that a friend was emotionally traumatised by. I ended up using power tools and two part epoxy.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

I think they are getting better, I've cursed at my fair share of FW models but the most "recent" model I got was the Ordinatus, and being a big rear end model I expected it to be a nightmare and it was flawless, might just be confirmation bias.
Will take note of how the robots look when I get them.

Hencoe fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jun 1, 2016

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Hencoe posted:

I think they are getting better, I've cursed at my fair share of FW models but the most "recent" model I got was the Ordinatus, and being a big rear end model I expected it to be a nightmare and it was flawless
Will take note of how the robots look when I get them.

They do seem to spend more time checking over the more expensive stuff. Friend picked up a Thunderhawk, that mould is ooollld and it was pretty much flawless aside from some heating. Very impressed.

My new Xiphon was a joke.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Mango Polo posted:

Styrix is the volkite one, Magaera is the blast lightning gun. In both cases still the Atrapos is a more terrifying choice for the enemy.

These two are AdMech aligned in the fluff, correct? (Not that it makes much difference.)

E: vvv Good to know, thanks!

moths fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 1, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

TTerrible posted:

They do seem to spend more time checking over the more expensive stuff. Friend picked up a Thunderhawk, that mould is ooollld and it was pretty much flawless aside from some heating. Very impressed.

I just started assembling my Deredeo and that one is pretty much perfect. The barrels are only a tiny bit bent, everything else is spotless.

moths posted:

These two are AdMech aligned in the fluff, correct? (Not that it makes much difference.)
That's their fluff yeah. It means they get a special "Flare Ionic Shield" which combines the flare shield (-1S to incoming shots, -2S for blasts) and Ion and Blessed Autosimulacra (6+ It Will Not Die), but otherwise they're regular choices for a Questoris Knight list. The Atrapos too is from the AdMech.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 1, 2016

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

TTerrible posted:

Yeah, I had the pleasure of rescuing a first generation Spartan that a friend was emotionally traumatised by. I ended up using power tools and two part epoxy.

Sounds like my adventure assembling a warhound. Except I also got cancer for inhaling buckets of toxic resin dust

Scowny
Jul 11, 2006

Nice guy, that Kharne

TTerrible posted:

I'm having the pleasure of struggling with that at the moment. Didn't think before sticking an engine block on the side, so spent last night with a tonne of green stuff filling all the gaps. Not looking forward to the Spartan.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
For how boxy most FW vehicles are, they are a bitch to put together. I've had a hell of a time working on land raiders, sicarans, and rhinos. The two part kits are the worst. If you look closely at all the deimos pattern tanks the side/top plates are never flush and float atop the plastic. Their anthropomorphic stuff is less finicky though. Contemptors, robots, and marines come together pretty well... after you spend hours cleaning them. Resin just sucks in general.

Hencoe posted:

Supposedly tyrants had the same thing happen. Must be FW slang for "straight into the rubbish bin"

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

Sounds like my adventure assembling a warhound. Except I also got cancer for inhaling buckets of toxic resin dust

Hope you enjoyed the sub minimum wage payment. I'm the new Blue Table Painting.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Supposedly tyrants had the same thing happen. Must be FW slang for "Iron Warriors are bad and dumb and we hate them"

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
X-post from the miniature painting thread.

The Sisko posted:

That's a beautiful tank right there. Speaking of the Horus Heresy I decided to revisit everyone's favorite primarch Lorgar. I was very happy with his armor or his face so I just decided to redo everything. Still have a few details rap up as well as reattaching his mace but Im really happy with the new and improved Lorgar. As always comments and criticism are welcome.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

For how boxy most FW vehicles are, they are a bitch to put together. I've had a hell of a time working on land raiders, sicarans, and rhinos. The two part kits are the worst. If you look closely at all the deimos pattern tanks the side/top plates are never flush and float atop the plastic. Their anthropomorphic stuff is less finicky though. Contemptors, robots, and marines come together pretty well... after you spend hours cleaning them. Resin just sucks in general.

Supposedly tyrants had the same thing happen. Must be FW slang for "straight into the rubbish bin"

Just thinking about my Sicaran makes me so loving angry.

The top/front combination part was warped in all three axes so it can fit flush with one of: The right side of the hull, the left side of the hull, the lower front of the hull. Never more than one. It's also too big and thick to heat properly.

I've put it in a box and not looked at it for a few months because I may as well have set fire to £80. This is entirely my fault because I'm well aware of FWs quality control issues but I got caught up in the moment with my debit card in Warhammer World.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

Nah, they said they should be sent by next week. Shame about the rules though, the models look so cool in pictures.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

BULBASAUR posted:

Perhaps it's better that way, because you know what was coming, don't you?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Perhaps it's better that way, because you know what was coming, don't you?

I really like this and am sad it's just the wrong size for my phones backround.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

I really like this and am sad it's just the wrong size for my phones backround.

Which size do you need? I still have the psd.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I hope they remove all the cool panels and replace them with random star shapes

IWs dark secret they're all Jewish

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007

The Sisko posted:

X-post from the miniature painting thread.

That's brilliant. I love the pallor against the deep red.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

Which size do you need? I still have the psd.

Google tells me 1136 x 640 for the I5. I'm unfortunately illiterate in phone and PS so that's all I can tell you.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

IWs dark secret they're all Jewish

It all makes sense now

panascope posted:

Hope you enjoyed the sub minimum wage payment.

I do this at my real job. Feels bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Hencoe posted:

Google tells me 1136 x 640 for the I5. I'm unfortunately illiterate in phone and PS so that's all I can tell you.

May you always be reminded of robbits when someone calls you.

Alternatively here's one without text.