Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
Ask me how much I care about bothering with hitting Scrakes in the head with rockets.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ImpassionedEntireChafer.webm

Literally not at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

crosshair in killing floor... smh

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I enjoy hitting Scrakes in the head with rockets.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I enjoy hitting Scrakes in the head

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy head.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Skoll posted:

I enjoy head.

LuciferMorningstar fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 30, 2016

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Kikas posted:

I mean I get the reasoning behind Siren Resistance - other then that, you might think that Siren is a no-problem. And it will become a no-problem once a demo gets his hands on a M79.

The thing is, you are WRONG. A Siren is always a problem unless it's taken care of fast. Screen shake, unavoidable AoE damage and grenade disable can make one Siren in the mix a matter of life and death for a team. So I see no problem with having someone on Siren watch duty, especially since Tripwire decided that this apparently isn't the job of the Commando with the bullshit bullet resistant steel cage on her body.

But it's all beside the point. The real point is that now, and after this fix a single Siren will completely negate a player for fourteen levels, and the very existance of Sirens in game invalidates the Area Of Effect perk because noone will pick it. This "fix" only solidifies the position of the Siren as the anti-fun equation for anyone who hasn't yet leveled Demo up to lvl 15. And it's not like playing Demo is fun anyway, unless the HX25 is fixed to actually detonate its pellets individually, getting good weapons is a chore. A less of a chore now that the M79 is T2 (making it potentially the most cost-effective weapon in the game), but still a chore.
Errr... Sirens don't 100% negate explosives though. There's a gap between each of their screams where they aren't disabling demo weapons so you can peg them with anM79 round.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Errr... Sirens don't 100% negate explosives though. There's a gap between each of their screams where they aren't disabling demo weapons so you can peg them with anM79 round.

What if there's two? What if you need to shoot something but the Siren is screaming? Like if a teammate is getting swarmed and needs help immediately? What if she's walking over some C4 you placed down? What if you missed your grenade and you're waiting on it to detonate based off of time? What if you're trying to kill a Scrake with a rocket launcher headshot, but there's a Siren behind him and now he's in attack range while you can do nothing? A brief gap doesn't change the fact that she severely gimps Demo, unless you're just saying that for the sake of semantics.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
You left out that the game likes to throw like 5 sirens at once at you as well.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I genuinely miss the days when Sirens caused explosives to detonate instead.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

ZearothK posted:

I genuinely miss the days when Sirens caused explosives to detonate instead.

When was this?

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Chachi posted:

When was this?

In the Unreal Tournament 2004 mod, back when they were first introduced, I think?

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
does anyone still play kf1? maybe we should just go back to that

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
I dunno man, even with KF1 people could play the game on hard mode or easy mode(medic/zerk). Every class wasn't equal.

Commando in KF1 was always a more advanced class. You had to be good to survive and take out the tougher zeds as it.

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 30, 2016

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ramsus posted:

I dunno man, even with KF1 people could play the game on hard mode or easy mode(medic/zerk). Every class wasn't equal.

Such as how on every difficulty except Hell on Earth, Sharpshooter is god tier and can kill literally everything except Fleshpounds in one or two crossbow bolts, so they gave Fleshpounds on HoE resistances specifically to crossbow bolts, which doesn't help because they still die to it really quickly anyways. Or how they decided to just give Berserker his own crossbow sans Fleshpound resistance.

Theta Zero fucked around with this message at 10:04 on May 30, 2016

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

She Bangs the Drums posted:

does anyone still play kf1? maybe we should just go back to that

Yeah, KF1 was really fun, but despite all its issues KF2 is already a superior product. It doesn't have the same amount of weapons and official maps, but plays a lot better and I'd even dare to say it is more balanced between the classes despite how grumpy we are about them.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I have tried KF1 several times and it just doesn't have the same appeal as this game. It's amateurish and clunky.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
about 6 or so months before KF2 became a thing there was a very obvious 'gently caress it' mentality in KF1 and all sorts of ridiculously overbalanced and weird poo poo kept coming up

it was kinda like 'whatever, we're about to make kf2 so let the people still playing this game have a blowout'

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
it'd be nice if they'd do that again 6 months before KF2 leaves EA

so late next year

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

I have tried KF1 several times and it just doesn't have the same appeal as this game. It's amateurish and clunky.

Yeah, it's why I still have my eyes on KF2. The actual game part is just so damned well done, it's the weird intransigence in addressing the biggest actual problems that's frustrating.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

did they ever say they have plans for new monsters? because im loving sick of kf1 monsters.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
http://nichegamer.com/2016/05/31/killing-floor-2-hits-retail-for-playstation-4-later-in-2016/

PS4 peeps getting the game at some point in 2016.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Junkie Disease posted:

did they ever say they have plans for new monsters? because im loving sick of kf1 monsters.

When the one new monster we've gotten is Hans I'm not sure I want any more.

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

Devlan Mud posted:

When the one new monster we've gotten is Hans I'm not sure I want any more.

We need little hanslings!

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Junkie Disease posted:

This website is pretty reliable for data mining dev secrets every patch. According to this, we're looking at Gorefasts with two blades, a Matriarch boss enemy, and Crawlers just being able to cling to walls.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I can't wait for headless double-gorefasts being able to do 120 damage before dying instead of just 60!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

That's some good news, was worried that it was not going to happen till 2017 or maybe even 2018

Junkie Disease posted:

That reminds me I have some ideas for new KF enemies(or at least variants of existing ones) that I have buried somewhere on my computer, should dig them up and share them

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

It's not a true co-op shooter thread until you have game-design fan fiction.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
meanwhile: at the legion of spergs

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

If payday 2 can stop the microtransaction fuckery Tripwire could.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Junkie Disease posted:

Just have to take into account Tripwire time to implement a reversal or better deal.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Junkie Disease posted:

Didn't Payday 2 microtransactions affect gameplay?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Elysiume posted:

Kind of, but in practice you could always mod your non-skinned guns to be better with a minimal effort.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
The last 4 or 5 times I've had a hankering to play this game I've joined in on a player or 5 kiting a 5000 health hans for 15 minutes only to ultimately die because they had the audacity to turn around and try to shoot him for a bit.

Hands bad.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

Crabtree posted:

Just have to take into account Tripwire time to implement a reversal or better deal.

so, 3 years then?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

iRend posted:

The last 4 or 5 times I've had a hankering to play this game I've joined in on a player or 5 kiting a 5000 health hans for 15 minutes only to ultimately die because they had the audacity to turn around and try to shoot him for a bit.

Hands bad.
that's pretty much how my first game during the early invite-only beta went

how far we've come in this year+

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

when update

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Elysiume posted:

effectively no. they introduced stat boost attachments you get from just playing the game which are actually better than using a statboost gun - you can get +4 accuracy from a skin or you can get +4 anything from a boost. And since the boost overrides any skin boost, it's actually more flexible to get the non-statboost version and just apply whatever boost you want.

and yet the marketplace still has stat-boost guns at a price premium, proving the marketplace are dumb :v:

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
honestly i just wish we had the ability to shoot Gorefast's sword arms off. if we can do it with their heads why not their arms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I wish headless monsters lost tracking and just started swinging. I'm not saying take the Dead Space route and make headshots a bad idea but just mke it so they can't perfectly track you anymore.