Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike Cartwright
Oct 29, 2011

state of the art

Drythe posted:

rip boney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

Cap rats have nerfed AFK ratting though, and any ratting, even in carriers, isn't as good as WH or HS Incursion money

Carrier ratting can be far more lucrative than Incursions. On SiSi I've gotten 50m ticks on a basic setup, and supposedly people have squeezed out 80-90m in perfect conditions (blinged carrier without facing competition over sites). I've found Incursions to be a good source of income but I don't get where people say it's the end all be all. Between waiting to get a group going (or into a fleet) at best you'll make an extra 20m to 40m/hour, only counting when you're actually running, than a low skill VNI AFK ratting unless you really start blinging out your poo poo out and running with a dedicated crowd for that. But then you're literally spending at least 4-6b isk that will take you in the range of at least 20 hours, best case scenario, of dedicated incursion time to make it back. If you have fun doing Incursions and aren't doing it just to fund some other activity then you're doing great and enjoying the game, otherwise you've put in a whole lot of time, effort, and isk, into something that isn't paying back at a reasonable pace.

WH money is either not really all that great for the level of risk involved unless you can find a good C3/C4 with 3-4 characters or you're in a decent sized Corp with some infrastructure to support either living in a wormhole with good connections or day tripping into them.

BAE B BLUE
Mar 27, 2016

quote:

(19:44:32) directorbot: Ministers!

There was a killmail competition between Sjugar02 Logical Fallacy in may. It was heated and lasted all month. In the end, they tied each other with 110 killmails. But both fell short to Talon Calais, ganker extrodinaire, bane of miners, with 151 killmails.

It is unfortunate that they lost to Talon, considering he has left Eve Online this month.

I feel compelled to eulogize Talon: A USTZ legend in his own time, and a member from my early days, he was a quiet ganker, routinely topping pap clicks each month. He was modest, playing 2 DPS, flew anything you wanted. He ganked on his own, over 100 KMs every month. He never put his own ganks before a fleet or OP. He rarely shot early, never fell behind, rarely disconnected. He was prolific in ganking, and would often gank miners from on Saturdays from sun up to sun down. He fit ships. He was reliable in his activity and his contributions. He was the model line member.

We should all aspire to be like Talon Calais.

~~~ This was a web broadcast from BoneyTooth Thompkins ISK-Chip to ministry_of_love at 2016-06-01 17:44:33.571384 EVE ~~~

You will be missed frand.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

nessin posted:

Carrier ratting can be far more lucrative than Incursions. On SiSi I've gotten 50m ticks on a basic setup, and supposedly people have squeezed out 80-90m in perfect conditions (blinged carrier without facing competition over sites). I've found Incursions to be a good source of income but I don't get where people say it's the end all be all. Between waiting to get a group going (or into a fleet) at best you'll make an extra 20m to 40m/hour, only counting when you're actually running, than a low skill VNI AFK ratting unless you really start blinging out your poo poo out and running with a dedicated crowd for that. But then you're literally spending at least 4-6b isk that will take you in the range of at least 20 hours, best case scenario, of dedicated incursion time to make it back. If you have fun doing Incursions and aren't doing it just to fund some other activity then you're doing great and enjoying the game, otherwise you've put in a whole lot of time, effort, and isk, into something that isn't paying back at a reasonable pace.

WH money is either not really all that great for the level of risk involved unless you can find a good C3/C4 with 3-4 characters or you're in a decent sized Corp with some infrastructure to support either living in a wormhole with good connections or day tripping into them.

How much does that "blinged carrier" cost? Because that would take time to make back as well. Running incursions in HS with one of the HQ groups will get 200-300mil/hr, and you have a much smaller risk of loosing everything then getting dropped on in your carrier and blown up, simply due to the groups SRP. Not saying I would rather be doing HS incursions, because then you have to deal with their comms, but some details are being left out in your argument.

e: and yes, those HQ groups can sometimes take over 2hrs to get into.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

War Eagle posted:

such as only being able to place citadels in systems where you have sov

This kinda exists right now. Sov doesn't block others from deploying them, but it adds a day to the anchoring time for every level of strategic index in that system. They should probably have it do more than that though because extra waiting time is just an inconvenience.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

BAE B BLUE posted:

You will be missed frand.

RIP that highsec ganker, m8m8m8

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

ChickenWing posted:

Hey Video Games is the "no talking about Xenuria" rule still in force if he's posting in this thread?

Hello Chickenwing!

It is yes. Let us not talk about Xenuria. He is on probation now and will not be allowed to post in these eve threads. Especially not while they are my favourite on the forums.

The probation reason should be exceptionally clear to him and to everyone else. I hope no one is too affronted by it.

Also I am sorry Boney but I had to otherwise it would be unfair.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

drgnwr1 posted:

How much does that "blinged carrier" cost? Because that would take time to make back as well. Running incursions in HS with one of the HQ groups will get 200-300mil/hr, and you have a much smaller risk of loosing everything then getting dropped on in your carrier and blown up, simply due to the groups SRP. Not saying I would rather be doing HS incursions, because then you have to deal with their comms, but some details are being left out in your argument.

e: and yes, those HQ groups can sometimes take over 2hrs to get into.

I don't know about a expensive carrier fit, but a basic one that can hit that 50m with little effort is in the realm of 1.6-1.7b.

Since Carrier ratting has to be active now, it's kind of hard to lose your carrier. It will happen to a dedicated group that does a good/smart combat drop on you, but barring that any losses are probably going to be player problems rather than inevitable. You also lose some time to needing to dock up or safe up when people roam by, but how much time you lose to that is highly dependent upon your risk level and what space you occupy.

You can also lose Incursions ships without SRP to gankers looking for the blingy fits or by losing focus in a site and not broadcasting, broadcasting late, or other stupid stuff.

Plus implicit in everything is that you can log in and get started doing ratting at a moments notice. If you've got several hours to kill then wasting one or two doing random stuff while waiting for a queue to pop isn't that big of a deal, but if you're stuck in a small area waiting on a queue when you've got an average of 2-3 hours playtime... Even beyond that when you factor in time lose to someone clearing the Incursion early and thus needing to move (or wait for another Incursion) even blitzing Level 4 Missions (once you account for the fact that you're realistically only getting 100 to maybe 150/hour after LP turn around) starts to make up the difference just in ability to get up and go with it.

nessin fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Jun 1, 2016

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

Now, whenever and wherever PL goes to do a thing their first thought has to be: where are goons and what are they doing? Are they near? Can they get near? What wormholes are around, etc.

Sorry to tell you- this isn't a thing. The only thing you have working in your favor at the moment is massed hurricanes and even that's really only threatening on the planet 5 grid.

Smartbombing Rifter citadel defense fleets with a Titan has never been more fun though!

drgnwr1 posted:

How much does that "blinged carrier" cost?

About 4-5b depending on the market for new capital mods- things like Capital ASB's are stupid expensive (as seen on Baki's loving Dreadnought).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 1, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hows it going

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Sorry to tell you- this isn't a thing. The only thing you have working in your favor at the moment is massed hurricanes and even that's really only threatening on the planet 5 grid.

Smartbombing Rifter citadel defense fleets with a Titan has never been more fun though!

I remember a time and a people who once thought their titans made them unbeatable

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Xolve posted:

About 4-5b depending on the market for new capital mods- things like Capital ASB's are stupid expensive (as seen on Baki's loving Dreadnought).

only, eh? nevermind the strongest bond in the incest coalition is knowing you'd get rolled.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
That you've all joined together and still can't achieve consistent beatdowns should sort of strike you as a thing.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

I remember a time and a people who once thought their titans made them unbeatable

Please link any/all recently killed PL/NC Titans

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Xolve posted:

ok

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Please link any/all recently killed PL/NC Titans

exactly

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
are you trying your hardest to outhubris everyone else on the planet or are you actually andy kaufmanning the poo poo out of us right now xolve

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

hows it going

It's been better

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

Eonwe posted:

hows it going

Howdy, doing good and you were missed!

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
There is a dead CO2 Nomen for every Rifter that got Titan SBeed earlier today.

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=45310,1442&b=7057080,7057095&e=30,135&t=cIakc&o=1

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

frozenpussy posted:

There is a dead CO2 Nomen for every Rifter that got Titan SBeed earlier today.

http://evf-eve.com/services/brcat/?s=45310,1442&b=7057080,7057095&e=30,135&t=cIakc&o=1

Hot drat, still not trading efficiently yet

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I bet i wont see that battle report on leddit

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Orange Red Bull posted:

Hot drat, still not trading efficiently yet

before the BR went up I was scrolling through zkill page 1... nomens. page 2... more nomens. No way there's a page HO MY GOD there's a page 3 of nomens.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
wew Mittens, going out of your way to talk to my 5 man south african corp to force me out. Used to be cool to just shoot the poo poo, I guess this has become serious loving business. Whokay broseph, go crazy.

Anyhow please leave them out of this insane poo poo I didn't tell them anything, they're cool guys part of a cool coalition.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

bluegoon posted:

wew Mittens, going out of your way to talk to my 5 man south african corp to force me out. Used to be cool to just shoot the poo poo, I guess this has become serious loving business. Whokay broseph, go crazy.

:eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe: :eonwe:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

bluegoon posted:

Anyhow please leave them out of this insane poo poo I didn't tell them anything, they're cool guys part of a cool coalition.

Sell your main and use a different guy.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

bluegoon posted:

Things I'm sure mittens didn't do:

1) specifically go out of his way to talk about you to your CEO

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

jm20 posted:

Sell your main and use a different guy.

loving never, for the appreciation of some ego crazy retard in sweatpants? gently caress off. I'll just go on being a goon.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
edit just in case because I don't feel like getting banned and I can't recall what we're not supposed to talk about

Anagram of GINGER fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 1, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
wait, are we allowed to talk about that

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

frozenpussy posted:

wait, are we allowed to talk about that

NO you dumb poo poo what are you doing.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

are you trying your hardest to outhubris everyone else on the planet or are you actually andy kaufmanning the poo poo out of us right now xolve

:iiam:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

bluegoon posted:

loving never, for the appreciation of some ego crazy retard in sweatpants? gently caress off. I'll just go on being a goon.

Negative vibes will follow you so do what you feel is right. namaste

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica

jm20 posted:

Negative vibes will follow you so do what you feel is right. namaste

It's OK, I will let my heart guide me through these challenging trials en tribulations, senpai.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

good answer

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Just your friendly neighborhood song and dance man.

bluegoon
Mar 5, 2010

by Pragmatica
My wife calls this underwear politics.

Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
I quit playing EVE and started to fish a lot more. I then realized that fishing is the same as playing EVE. Roaming = Trolling, Fishing with the boat still = gate camping/hot dropping.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Uziduke posted:

I quit playing EVE and started to fish a lot more. I then realized that fishing is the same as playing EVE. Roaming = Trolling, Fishing with the boat still = gate camping/hot dropping.

Puttering down a river full of Asian Carp = Crossing Saranen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Please welp more canes, idiots are selling them on contract for like 5m profit and I really don't want to re list the stuff I have up for 15m more than that.

• Locked thread