Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.
Oath Complete!

Claiming Where are my DRAGONS!: Technical Challenge and Monster MAY-HEM

I'm not proud of the job I did on these two, but considering that I finished both within 24 hours of starting (no proof pics, so no claim for Speed Painting), I guess I'll live.

Probably.

Trogdor is a man. A Dragon Man. Actually, just a Dragon. For the Technical Challenge.

For Mayhem, he's facing down Boiler, from the Butchers' Guild. Good luck, little kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

4.5 hours left, good luck people. :ohdear:

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Oath Complete

Sorry for the poor photo, my lighting setup is in another Castle.

Claiming Where are my Dragons for snooty-flyers

edit: Also claiming Squad Goals

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath Complete!

First, the Bone Dragon:

Next, the Orsund Cavalier. Unfortunately lost my front shot somehow, but it's in the may-hem photo at least.

Finally, my tabletop Steel Warriors:

Theme is the dragon, of course.

Also claiming Montster Mayhem, with Two of Them and the battle shots:

The Pharoah sets up a trap for the Ghouls

An Orsund Cavalier engages a group of Ravenscar

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER

Taft Punk posted:

Trogdor is a man. A Dragon Man. Actually, just a Dragon. For the Technical Challenge.

This rules.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: ABOUT ONE AND A HALF HOURS LEFT, PEOPLE! :siren:

So...I better get my Oath in!

I, krushgroove, do OATH that I will paint these 5 28mm scale zombies from Zombicide by Cool Mini or Not!

they are zenithal primed and ready to eat some flesh!

and hey! I've painted them already! They took me a few minutes each, just a simple base and wash job because hey, they're zombies!

claiming:
#squadgoals
Speed Painting

sorry Zark, I just didn't have time to do any flyers or dragons this month

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry guys and gals, had a very busy, long weekend and am still recovering at home! I should have nabbed all the Oaths and all the questions that I missed in the meantime!

Seamoose posted:

oath update!
I, Seamoose, will be adding this REAPER Bones dragon

I'd like to speed paint this bad boy
it will most def be the where are my dragons challenge

jodai posted:

I, jodai, oath these models: Lucas McCabe dismounted; McCabe Mounted; Guard Captain; Monk of Low River and Luna. All Malifaux(Wyrd Miniatures, 32 mm).
Mounted McCabe was a little too close to the paint area during my frantic rush to get some paint on some Infinity guys and caught a dab of misty grey. I won't count him if it's a problem but he is getting painted!

Lethemonster posted:

I lethemonster, do hereby oath one necron scythe consisting of the main body and two of its tum-tum guns.

Gah I just realized one of the guns is primed black >.<

Scowny posted:

Finished these guys so I'm gonna add to the Oath!
I, Scowny, oath in addition the 28mm GW Gamesday 2009 Exalted Hero. I figure this guy will count for the Theme challenge?

CommissarRed posted:

Waiting until nearly the end of the month, but I, Commissar Red, oath this archer dude from a range i'm not sure of. (Click for huge)

Edit: Found out it's a Khamsin Ranger from Reaper.

Shachi posted:

Ok so I've really wanted to do this for a long time and oathed something a few months ago and never even started it and because of life haven't painted in months. Sooo I have an absolutely huge lot of figs to paint for a friend and am overwhelmed so in the spirit of eating elephants I figured I'll try to add some incentive. I know it's at the very end of the month but maybe this will put some pressure on me to get poo poo done. Without further adieu:

I Shachi hereby oath not one but TWO full units of Convergence of Cyriss Obstructors (20 models Warmachine)

I'm really probably biting off more than I can chew but I've got a 4 day weekend coming up and waddaya know I got like 4 days to do it. The colored bits on the bases are cut up credit cards as basing props. Otherwise they are totally unprimed.

Luebbi posted:

Oath addition!

I will add this Privateer Press Legion of Everblight Nephilim Soldier to my oath - now that's a mouthful. Depending on when he gets approved, I might go for the speedpainting achievement with him.

Red Shoe posted:

One more oath: Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
From Privateer Press

Taft Punk posted:

I, Taft Punk, hereby oath one "Boiler" from Guild Ball to be completed by the deadline of June 1st.

He is 28mm scale, more or less, and I will be shooting for the 24-hour Speed Painting deadline.

(edit:)

Oops, I missed the theme. DAGRONS AHOY (I, Taft Punk, hereby add an Angelius warbeast from Privateer Press's Hordes game, Legion of Everblight faction to be precise)

Ledgem posted:

I, Ledgem, oath to paint for May these 6 baby dragons from Soda Pop Miniatures' Super Dungeon Explore!

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, oath to paint in May, the GW Dark Elf Dragon

grassy gnoll posted:

I, grassy gnoll, oath four Infinity 28mm minis - one Nomad Hellcat, one Nomad Zondcat, and two PanO Akalis.

Gonna try and claim the May Theme Challenge, as these are all drop troop models

krushgroove posted:

:siren: ABOUT ONE AND A HALF HOURS LEFT, PEOPLE! :siren:

So...I better get my Oath in!

I, krushgroove, do OATH that I will paint these 5 28mm scale zombies from Zombicide by Cool Mini or Not!

they are zenithal primed and ready to eat some flesh!
:blush:

Oaths Accepted!

CommissarRed posted:

Am I allowed to claim Oath Complete before it's approved?
Indeed!

Grey Hunter posted:

Is there going to be a repeat of this competition this year?
I'm going to work on it, so hopefully!

Nichol posted:

Uhoh-- I got carried away finishing the bases on some old models and accidentally put down a base layer on some models I meant to oath next month... does this disqualify then? Or does it not matter since the rules on bases are so vague?
As someone said in reply to your question, the basing rules are purposefully vague because there are a few games now that use clear bases, plus flying bases for games like X-Wing, Dropzone and Dropfleet Commander, etc., confuse the issue. So in the last couple of Oath Seasons you can literally just ignore basing completely, even to the point of a plain black plastic base if you want. It won't earn you any kudos from the Judges, but for the purposes of keeping track of what game everyone is painting for it's much simpler for our purposes.

GoodBee posted:

Can we post our half finished crap along with our oaths? Not for points but so we can feel shame when we don't finish? We can use Not an Oath.
Someone replied to this already - for your own motivation or whatever please feel free to post pictures of any of your models at any stage in the painting thread, but just to keep things clear for the purposes of judging, etc., try to keep just models that are being Oathed and Completed Oath models in this thread.

Shachi posted:

It's basically points per oath, not model, correct? And that's one oath per month?

The reason I'm asking is I hope to get a lot done next month. I've had approx 30 models additionally sitting around that I promised a friend I would paint and I've been sitting on them for almost two months so I plan to get them knocked out by the end of June. I guess I should oath the whole lot I plan to do then or do it in chunks?
It's points per Oath, and one Oath can be anything from 1 model to infinity models. If you're purely going for the satisfaction of painting your models, feel free to Oath in chunks, doing a handful of models at a time. This is a little more work for Zark, as he'll have to edit your entry for the month each time you do an Oath Addition, but if it makes it easier for you that's OK. Just be aware that your earned Oath points are 'reset' each time you do an Oath Addition! You can go whole hog and Oath all 30 or so models you have to make it more of a challenge, so you have the option of Oathing however you like, there are advantages and disadvantages for either way.

chutche2 posted:

Too bad, I would've painted up my Archidon if I knew about this before. Going to try to participate in the June oath, whatever that will be.
June's Challenge is already in the OP - in fact ALL the challenges are listed well ahead of time, to allow you to get the model, paint, materials, etc., you might want for any particular month.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Jun 1, 2016

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

Oath Failed. I am the worst.

Question regarding It's A Rescue! and Save Da Whales. If I failed to complete the Rescue model, I assume I can't apply that to a later oath? just wanted to check because a lot of my stuff is half-done, meaning it's not eligible to be oathed, and this month's stuff will be whales at a later date.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:shroom:OATH COMPLETE:shroom:

Claiming Monster May-hem and WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS? with this Dragon Turtle, all painted up to breath fire. Apologies for the shinyness, but it's not yet varnished as I'm having issues with varnish drying and then un-drying on Bones at the moment. Also keeping his white plastic shoes until I figure out the basing scheme for his army, which won't be soon.

Also claiming #SquadGoals for these Goblins, busy cooking dinner - a selection of green or red - and feeding their Gores. They go with these guys from last month:

*Not an oath image

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10
Sliding in under 3 mins (and the wash is still drying in the dragon's mouth!)

Could use a few more layers and some grass on the base, AND a better pic, but I'm calling Oath Complete
Also claiming Monster May-hem and WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Fuegan posted:

Oath Failed. I am the worst.

Question regarding It's A Rescue! and Save Da Whales. If I failed to complete the Rescue model, I assume I can't apply that to a later oath? just wanted to check because a lot of my stuff is half-done, meaning it's not eligible to be oathed, and this month's stuff will be whales at a later date.

Well you claim an Achievement when it's achieved, like Speed Painting or whatever, so on that basis you can claim a Rescue on a future model that you rescue. I hadn't thought about applying both It's a Rescue! and Save Da Whales to the same Oath, but I suppose it can be done. The intent of It's a Rescue, though, is to rescue a model that was half-painted and completely forgotten, but we're not mind-readers here so you can apply it to whatever you like, as long as it fits the criteria of a rescue.

:siren: 1 minute, people! 1 minute. :siren:

I'm working on the last couple of photo albums for Season 6 and will start collecting the May photos right after! Unless I go to Five Guys. I'm about to go to my first Five Guys. I didn't know they had so many locations in the UK.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
...aaannnd...BRUSHES DOWN!

Your time is up for posting your May Oath Complete pictures!

And here is your Challenge for JUNE!
Summer’s here! Time to relax...
technical challenge: paint a model that is mostly skin - any color skin you like! The model (not counting weapon or base) should be at least 50-60% skin, so for example a Conan-style barbarian with tall boots, loincloth and bracers will probably count as at least 50% skin

theme challenge: paint a model that is relaxing in some way - either in a 'weapons down' sort of pose, not armed, actually relaxing, drinking, whatever, as long as it's not in a 'readied' stance!

This month's Mr. Green comic, using the themes of relaxing as well as showing some skin!

Here's how much time you have for Oathing this month: https://oath-countdown.appspot.com/

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jun 1, 2016

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

krushgroove posted:

Well you claim an Achievement when it's achieved, like Speed Painting or whatever, so on that basis you can claim a Rescue on a future model that you rescue. I hadn't thought about applying both It's a Rescue! and Save Da Whales to the same Oath, but I suppose it can be done. The intent of It's a Rescue, though, is to rescue a model that was half-painted and completely forgotten, but we're not mind-readers here so you can apply it to whatever you like, as long as it fits the criteria of a rescue.

Oh no, I wasn't intending to add It's a Rescue to a Save Da Whales. I wanted to check I hadn't wasted my It's a Rescue on a model I didn't finish is all. Then again, it feels a bit cheeky to enter a model I tried to rescue into Save Da Whales and then use It's a Rescue on a new oath, you know?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
So while everyone's attention is coming back to the thread, a few things!

1. CONGRATULATIONS for taking part, and especially to those of you that finished your first Oaths for Season 7!

2. Are there any takers on OATHKEEPER avatars from anyone in the thread? I'm looking at you, SRM, PierretheMime, grassy gnoll, moths and thousandcranes? Post about this a while back, basically the idea is to give a avatar to one person every month who completes their Oath, so I only need 12 avatars.

3. Are there any takers for a FORFEIT if I fail to complete an Oath every month this season? I posted about this a while back as well but no one replied.

Fuegan posted:

Oh no, I wasn't intending to add It's a Rescue to a Save Da Whales. I wanted to check I hadn't wasted my It's a Rescue on a model I didn't finish is all. Then again, it feels a bit cheeky to enter a model I tried to rescue into Save Da Whales and then use It's a Rescue on a new oath, you know?

Yeah, like I said RAI (Rules As Intended) It's a Rescue! is supposed to be for forgotten minis, not failed Oaths. I'll amend the rules for that actually so no one can double-dip and make it a bit clearer.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 12:15 on Jun 1, 2016

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Might as well kick off the train of fat men on a palanquin for the month's theme challenge.

I, darnon, Oath to paint Dominar Rasheth (with agonizers), Lord Carver BMMD Esq. III, and one unit of 6 slaughterhousers for Privateer Press' WarmaHordes

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oops double post.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I, Flipswitch, Oath 6x Legionnaires & 3x Rapiers for Dropzone Comander.

Pawl
Sep 9, 2006

I'm seeing this from an AoS perspective.

white primer uber alles

krushgroove posted:

And here is your Challenge for JUNE!
Summer’s here! Time to relax...
technical challenge: paint a model that is mostly skin - any color skin you like! The model (not counting weapon or base) should be at least 50-60% skin, so for example a Conan-style barbarian with tall boots, loincloth and bracers will probably count as at least 50% skin

theme challenge: paint a model that is relaxing in some way - either in a 'weapons down' sort of pose, not armed, actually relaxing, drinking, whatever, as long as it's not in a 'readied' stance!

Do scales/hide count as skin?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I have a couple of quick questions.

Would this count as a relaxed pose?

Second would a ball for guild ball count for I rolled a 6? I suppose a goal would if I get around to making one...

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Now that I've painted a few random models, I feel confident enough in my ability to get started on some stuff that will see table time.

I, CommissarRed, oath the following unit of Scibor Cthulu mini's and their bases, along with a Bathalian Exarch from Reaper, to be used as my summoner wizard and warband for Frostgrave.

Also, that's pretty awesome I managed to snag the 0 turning into a 1. SPACE MAGIC.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Pash posted:

Second would a ball for guild ball count for I rolled a 6? I suppose a goal would if I get around to making one...

Since her weapon is behind her back, I'd say it's relaxed. (I hope so anyway. I plan on adding a barbarian resting on his warhammer later this month for the challenge!)

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pash posted:

Its funny, I was looking at my masons yesterday and thought "dang Chisel would've been great for the relaxed challenge." And I already did Tower, un-oathed, who might've been muscley enough to count for the skin challenge. :( Guess I'll have to find some other mini to paint for the Theme/Technical challenge(s).

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

krushgroove posted:

2. Are there any takers on OATHKEEPER avatars from anyone in the thread? I'm looking at you, SRM, PierretheMime, grassy gnoll, moths and thousandcranes? Post about this a while back, basically the idea is to give a avatar to one person every month who completes their Oath, so I only need 12 avatars.

I am still down to draw square dwarf buttocks for the champions of this thread.

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Their flashing tongues, spitting out blood and poison.
Fun Shoe
Was there some sort of terrain-based theme for this month, or was it a fever dream?

Also I'm at a loss for relaxing models. I don't wanna go obvious (SM on the shitter, sisters of battle playing poker, that sort of thing) but I wanna really put some effort into it. Any ideas?

Also can the months achievements be combined? (A pool scene with a night goblin catching some moonlight, robes in a heap?)

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

malal posted:

Was there some sort of terrain-based theme for this month, or was it a fever dream?
Germ has a contest next month with an additional prize by liljonas. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

malal posted:

Also can the months achievements be combined? (A pool scene with a night goblin catching some moonlight, robes in a heap?)
Yes they can, but you only get one point for doing the challenge.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I, The Sisko, do hereby oath these 5 Gal Vorbak from GW's Horus Heresy range for the month of June

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Electric Hobo posted:

Germ has a contest next month with an additional prize by liljonas. Maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Oh, so doing both challenges doesn't matter? You only get points for doing a model that's 50% flesh OR a model relaxing?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

malal posted:

Oh, so doing both challenges doesn't matter? You only get points for doing a model that's 50% flesh OR a model relaxing?

Right, you get two options for doing the monthly challenge and can technically only qualify for one option. Even if you have a seductive barbarian spread out on a hide-covered chaise lounge.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

malal posted:

Yes, it's just two ways of doing one challenge. It's an engineering OR.

Nichol
May 18, 2004

Sly Dog
I, Nichol, do hereby oath this (clockwise from upper left) homemade meiotic spore, metal tau sniper team, tyranid prime with ridiculous miasma cannon, two other tyranid warriors, tyranid swarmlord, three stealth suits, and three crisis suits, one of which is clearly sitting on his fat rear end for the theme...

Very convenient that he matches the theme, cuz I just modeled him that was last month just for kicks, without even realizing the theme. Leapy guy probably also could count?

edit: some dudes have a very poor attempt at zenithal priming visible, and there may be some greenstuff visible through some primer, basically priming didn't go as planned but blah.

Nichol fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 1, 2016

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

First time oather!

I, Geisladisk, solemnly swear to paint this unit of 10 Idrian Skirmishers, along with Chieftain and Guide, and assemble, gap-fill, and paint Intercessor Kreoss (still in blister) for the month of June (Privateer Press, 30mm).

Claiming the technical challenge because two of the Idrians are barechested barbarian dudes. I guess I could technically claim the theme challenge for the guide, but I won't because it wasn't on purpose.

Four of the Idrians are not technically eligible for a oath because they're in various stages of completion, but I'm including them there because they're part of the unit.

Geisladisk fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jun 1, 2016

Reubenesque Sandwich
Aug 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Electric Hobo posted:

Ok, so no reason to do both technical challenges, points are awarded the same either way.

And is the Germ oath an official part of the oath thread, as in additional points are rewarded for completing the challenge, or is it just its own stand-alone thing?

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

malal posted:

Ok, so no reason to do both technical challenges, points are awarded the same either way.
Yes. BUT! There are also the judge awarded points. There's an extra point on the line for best challenge paint job from each judge. They might love you if you do both. Or they might hate you! Who knows? Paint what you feel like :)

malal posted:

And is the Germ oath an official part of the oath thread, as in additional points are rewarded for completing the challenge, or is it just its own stand-alone thing?

Germ and liljonas are just a good guys:

Germ posted:

I was planning on sponsoring such a thing already, so....

Would July-ke to paint some terrain, my Lord?

For the month of July, include some terrain in your oath to get entered into a special prize drawing. Any scale will do, but it should be suitable terrain, not just a scenic objective marker, unit filler, or the like. You can gain multiple entries in the drawing (up to 4 including the original entry) by:

Epic: Painting a "sufficiently epic" amount of terrain. This could be a single large, complicated piece, or a number of smaller pieces that go together. One huge castle. A village. A table's worth of terrain. If you think what you did was epic, say so. If I agree, you'll get a bonus entry.

Picture Time: Take a photo of your terrain being used in a game, or as part of a scene with other miniatures you have painted for another bonus entry.

Rules Lawyer: Write a short set of rules for a terrain feature you oathed. The rules can be for any system, but should allow you to use a piece of terrain you painted in a unique way during a game. Toxic sludge that emits poisonous fumes? Tavern that can distract nearby troops with promises of ale?

The winner of the prize draw will get a selection of resin terrain from Worldsmith Industries. I'll work out with the winner the specifics of what they want, but expect something in the range of $75 worth of terrain. Anything on the we store would be fair game, as would anything I've prototyped but is not yet available for public sale.

lilljonas posted:

Now, I'm all about paying it forward. So, I'll be throwing my hat in for Garm's awesome terrain month:

My hobby side-project, Mura Miniatures, will also add prize support to the July terrain bonanza. If you don't win Garm's prize, you'll get a chance at a runner-up prize:

A gift voucher for your online hobby store of choice, at the value of 20 USD

or

A custom made piece of terrain, made by myself, in whatever scale and theme you want

Note that I'm not really a sci-fi gamer, so I have limited experience with making sci-fi stuff, but I'll give it a shot if you want. :) The rules for qualifying are exactly the same, except that the first prize winner is not eligible for the runner-up draw.
It's an extra mini contest like Zark's Monster Mayhem last month. No extra points. Don't know how official anything is in here, you'd probably have to wait for Krushgroove or Zark to answer that.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Shachi posted:

Note:
I went back and edited my original oath pic to have my username stamped on it to it would count for points, I hope that is ok.

It's fine, but note you don't need to put your name on the Oath pics, just completion.

malal posted:

The only reason to do both challenges in a month is the feeling of smug superiority you feel over all of those one and none challenger doers :)

And yeah, much like Monster May-Hem, Germ's competition is an extra thing, it doesn't affect points. Though since it's in July, and the theme for that month is water, you could paint up a pond or similar and kill two birds with one stone!

Spreadsheet should be up to date, I will be back in a bit with more details.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Zark the Damned posted:

The only reason to do both challenges in a month is the feeling of smug superiority you feel over all of those one and none challenger doers :)

Or to be like Season 5 Zark the Damned, and win all of the regular and extra random draw prizes :doom:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Season 6 update, finally!

March album is here!
Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/8XyYi
Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/uSeiwJ6wMVMY5HBN9

April album:
Imgur: https://imgur.com/a/JiSxC
Google Photos: https://goo.gl/photos/Rk4JPrwjYPU5Lpt89

I will post these links in both the Season 6 and Season 7 threads so there's ample opportunity to let me know if I missed anyone's Oath Complete photos. I'll send the links to the Judges by this weekend, so check for your COMPLETED Oaths for these months!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

darnon posted:

Might as well kick off the train of fat men on a palanquin for the month's theme challenge.

I, darnon, Oath to paint Dominar Rasheth (with agonizers), Lord Carver BMMD Esq. III, and one unit of 6 slaughterhousers for Privateer Press' WarmaHordes

Flipswitch posted:

I, Flipswitch, Oath 6x Legionnaires & 3x Rapiers for Dropzone Comander.

CommissarRed posted:

Now that I've painted a few random models, I feel confident enough in my ability to get started on some stuff that will see table time.

I, CommissarRed, oath the following unit of Scibor Cthulu mini's and their bases, along with a Bathalian Exarch from Reaper, to be used as my summoner wizard and warband for Frostgrave.

Also, that's pretty awesome I managed to snag the 0 turning into a 1. SPACE MAGIC.

The Sisko posted:

I, The Sisko, do hereby oath these 5 Gal Vorbak from GW's Horus Heresy range for the month of June

Nichol posted:

I, Nichol, do hereby oath this (clockwise from upper left) homemade meiotic spore, metal tau sniper team, tyranid prime with ridiculous miasma cannon, two other tyranid warriors, tyranid swarmlord, three stealth suits, and three crisis suits, one of which is clearly sitting on his fat rear end for the theme...
Very convenient that he matches the theme, cuz I just modeled him that was last month just for kicks, without even realizing the theme. Leapy guy probably also could count?

edit: some dudes have a very poor attempt at zenithal priming visible, and there may be some greenstuff visible through some primer, basically priming didn't go as planned but blah.

Geisladisk posted:

First time oather!

I, Geisladisk, solemnly swear to paint this unit of 10 Idrian Skirmishers, along with Chieftain and Guide, and assemble, gap-fill, and paint Intercessor Kreoss (still in blister) for the month of June (Privateer Press, 30mm).

Claiming the technical challenge because two of the Idrians are barechested barbarian dudes. I guess I could technically claim the theme challenge for the guide, but I won't because it wasn't on purpose.

Four of the Idrians are not technically eligible for a oath because they're in various stages of completion, but I'm including them there because they're part of the unit.
Welcome! :)

Oaths Accepted!

grassy gnoll posted:

I am still down to draw square dwarf buttocks for the champions of this thread.

Excellent!

Pawl posted:

Do scales/hide count as skin?
Yes - it would be impossible to exclude all aliens, monsters, animals or whatever, so go for it with your alligator/whatever dudes!

Pash posted:

Sure!

quote:

Yup!

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I got my months mixed up and thought this month had the terrain competition, and here I've been preparing terrain to paint. Well, it can wait for a month and I'll figure out something else to oath.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

It was an absurdly lucky 1st season for me :)

OK, time for the round up. Spreadsheet is here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=1 (hopefully krush doesn't mind me posting it!). If I've missed anyone's Oaths, Completions, Achievements, etc let me know and link to your completion post and I'll fix it.

Some stats: We had 86 Oaths, 74 of which were completed! The Squad Goals achievement was pretty darn popular with over a third of completions (26) claiming it. Also it was a good month for theme, with two thirds of completions (51) hitting either of the challenges.

This was fairly popular, with 25 total entrants, triggering the bonus prize. Two vouchers are up for grabs!

The following Goons have a chance at winning the fabulous prize of a £10 Wayland or $15 Warstore voucher (or equivalent)::
JerryLee
LordAba
nesbit37
Nichol
KPC_Mammon
Indolent Bastard
Electric Hobo
jadebullet
overthefalls
Schmetterling
LazyAngel
JackMack
GoodBee
TheFinalTuba
Red Shoe
Lord_Hambrose
Dr. Gargunza
Pash
moths
Pyrolocutus
darnon
Taft Punk
MasterSlowPoke
NTRabbit
The Impaler

They're Multiplying - these goons get an extra chance for painting multiple monsters:
LordAba
nesbit37
KPC_Mammon
Electric Hobo
overthefalls
JackMack
Red Shoe
moths
MasterSlowPoke

They're destroying our village - these folks get an extra chance for making a scene:
JerryLee
nesbit37
KPC_Mammon
Indolent Bastard
Pash
MasterSlowPoke

:siren: If I have missed you let me know ASAP, I will conduct the draw this weekend at a yet to-be determined time. Good luck everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
That google doc requires permission to view.

• Locked thread