Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Chill la Chill posted:

Everyone here should make magic decks in tabletop simulator so we can knock over tokens and roll dice off the table and also flip it.

I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

80s James Hetfield posted:

Do people un-ironically still post in IRC?

i hope not discord is just so much better

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

mandatory lesbian posted:

Irc is actually cool and good and also I've never used discord

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Chill la Chill posted:

Everyone here should make magic decks in tabletop simulator so we can knock over tokens and roll dice off the table and also flip it.

finally, Chaos Orb online

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

I don't get it, usually they include three or four laughably unplayable decks. Last time they had thät Red-White Eldrazi Goggles deck that had no lategame, nine removal spells, and the only sweeper was Chandra. It couldn't beat Humans or Control or other Ramp decks.

These decks all look fine? I guess the biggest deal would be losing to yourself and looking up decklists to know what to hit with Therapy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Lancelot posted:

finally, Chaos Orb online

:mrgw:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Discord won't install properly on my computer for some reason :(

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hellsau posted:

I don't get it, usually they include three or four laughably unplayable decks. Last time they had thät Red-White Eldrazi Goggles deck that had no lategame, nine removal spells, and the only sweeper was Chandra. It couldn't beat Humans or Control or other Ramp decks.

These decks all look fine? I guess the biggest deal would be losing to yourself and looking up decklists to know what to hit with Therapy.

They don't have the best deck in legacy on there but I guess I'm a little bias on that...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mcmagic posted:

They don't have the best deck in legacy on there but I guess I'm a little bias on that...

Jund is poo poo mate and also they have two other Punishing Fire decks.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Do we get to do chaos confetti?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Hellsau posted:

Jund is poo poo mate and also they have two other Punishing Fire decks.

I was talking about grixis delver. Jund is sadly poo poo.

Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C
I'm legit sad that the dexterity cards are banned in EDH. I would put chaos orb and confetti in every deck I play.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mcmagic posted:

I feel bad for whoever gets RUG Delver. It's got like 2.5 good match-ups on that list.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

suicidesteve posted:

I feel bad for whoever gets RUG Delver. It's got like 2.5 good match-ups on that list.

Rug Delver is bad.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

kirtar posted:

Do we get to do chaos confetti?

You could probably rig it to any dice like set of objects and throw it. There's literally a button you press repeatedly to hold dice up from the table and shake it around, then you can release it to drop them or flick it anywhere you'd like.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

I tried to convince some goons to finally move into the modern century and install discord.

They all said it was dumb, unlike irc :shrug:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Death Bot posted:

I tried to convince some goons to finally move into the modern century and install discord.

how are they gonna creep on the goonettes without a whois?

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Molybdenum posted:

I'm legit sad that the dexterity cards are banned in EDH. I would put chaos orb and confetti in every deck I play.

They'd have to make some sort of official ruling on the "make a token copy of chaos orb using something unreasonably large as the token" strategy and no matter what side they took, someone's experience would be ruined beyond repair.

Best not to go down that road.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Death Bot posted:

everyone i know uses it but we're also all in our lower 20s unlike you old people

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

IRC owns because people looking over your shoulder think you're a mad programmer writing code nonstop.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

GimmickMan posted:

IRC owns because people looking over your shoulder think you're a mad programmer writing code nonstop.

it's all fun and games until someone drops an ascii goatse

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

everyone i know uses it but we're also all in our lower 20s unlike you old people

Me too, I just got on the goon train early.

:sigh:

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Hellsau posted:

Don't worry that Painter deck is actually awful and will be a 20% winrate.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

mcmagic posted:

How can you target an attacking creature with a Sorcery?

Put your 53rd counter on Brain in a Jar

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Death Bot posted:

Me too, I just got on the goon train early.

:sigh:

my strong condolences

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
My coolest decks were 5 color changelings/Reaper King, and Domain with Legacy Weapon and Draco. Both ultra-casual obviously.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

discord is great and i use it alongside irc because when discord gets bought or otherwise has to monetize and turns into a pile of malware ridden garbage in a couple years irc will still be around run by a bunch of ancient beardos for free

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i am old as gently caress and i use discord

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

and i downloaded doom off of a bbs after uploading a bunch of adventure games like gabriel knight

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Zoness posted:

magic needs plays of the game

Plays of the game:

Miracles player spinning top for 2 minutes
Standard player hitting 2 creatures with collected company
Modern player assembling natural tron

request: someone take bonfiregif and set that to the overwatch play of the game music please

Past plays of the game:
Dropping Notion Thief on a JtMS activation
Enchanting Deadshot Minotaur with Splinter Twin (RIP Twin)

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Zemyla posted:

Past plays of the game:

Putting Battle of Wits into play off of your opponent's Show and Tell

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Those plays are actually cool and good

I assume, based off of Zoness' example, they're actually supposed to be routine and boring

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
plays of the game in overwatch are supposed to be really cool but often because nothing spectacular happens in a game they end up as mundane and boring

just like with magic basically

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Zoness posted:

plays of the game in overwatch are supposed to be really cool but often because nothing spectacular happens in a game they end up as mundane and boring

just like with magic basically

Play of the Game: the burn player casts 3 burn spells in one turn to the face.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Count Bleck posted:

Play of the Game: the burn player casts 3 burn spells in one turn to the face.

Kibler playing three Galvanic Blasts to beat Finkel was absolutely the play of that game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Some Numbers posted:

Kibler playing three Galvanic Blasts to beat Finkel was absolutely the play of that game.

Nice troll but I am pretty sure Finkel doesn't play Hearthstone

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

rabidsquid posted:

Nice troll but I am pretty sure Finkel doesn't play Hearthstone

Nice troll, but Galvanic Blast isn't a Hearthstone card.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Zemyla posted:

Past plays of the game:

I Vialed in a Spirit of the Labyrinth in response to a Brainstorm the other day. I also Notion Thief'd a Dack activation once. I've seen Notion Thief in response to a Timetwister once; that was pretty filthy.

My all-time favorite play: Daze on a Sundering Titan to beat MUD on a mull to 4.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Some Numbers posted:

Nice troll, but Galvanic Blast isn't a Hearthstone card.

So you agree this situation never could have happened, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

The play of that game was Finkel screwing up an obvious block. Probably the only serious misplay I've ever seen him make on camera.

The play of the game in this Lorwyn draft I'm playing in is to have 6 creatures out and attacking on turn 4. People should probably not let one person get all of the Kithkin cards.

• Locked thread