Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Iron Crowned posted:

I saw it on TV about a year ago, and I guess the previous time I saw it, I didn't know what a stripper was, because Will Smith's wife was a stripper in that movie.

The best part of that is how she's a stripper has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

muscles like this? posted:

The best part of that is how she's a stripper has absolutely nothing to do with anything in the movie.

Well, how else was she supposed to see the news report?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

It's so you don't feel bad when her stripper friends get vaporized atop the US Bank Tower

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's so you don't feel bad when her stripper friends get vaporized atop the US Bank Tower

Her stripper friend was the better character.

Goddammit, now I feel like I have to watch ID4 again.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Davros1 posted:

Her stripper friend was the better character.

Goddammit, now I feel like I have to watch ID4 again.

I remember that actress of being one of the only bright spots of the loving dire Saved by the Bell College Years.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Iron Crowned posted:

I saw it on TV about a year ago, and I guess the previous time I saw it, I didn't know what a stripper was, because Will Smith's wife was a stripper in that movie.

And since Vivica Fox just dances in a bikini, in an empty club, you never would.

It mattered because Steven Hiller wanted to be an astronaut really bad, but he couldn't do that with a stripper wife!

It only took most of the population being killed in order for him to fulfill his dream!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Doctor Butts posted:

And since Vivica Fox just dances in a bikini, in an empty club, you never would.

Well, it was an accurate representation of day shift

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's worse than that. Everybody is gearing up for a flight mission to fight the thousands of ships carrying millions of aliens that are currently destroying the planet. Most major cities in the world are gone. All the characters are hiding out in Area 51, where another alien just killed Data from Star Trek. And yet everyone still scoffs at Randy Quaid for suggesting that he saw aliens once a few years ago.

These aliens don't seem interested in our buttholes, though.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Byzantine posted:

These aliens don't seem interested in our buttholes, though.

Their loss

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I cried during the Independence Day speech.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Still miffed they didn't bring back Mae Whitman.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

BBC Radio did a spinoff of Independence Day called Independence Day UK which begins as a parody of the War of the Worlds broadcast with Patrick Moore commenting on the alien arrival, and the second part is about the British pilots briefly seen in the movie. Peter Serafinowicz does one of the voices. I always listen to it on July 4.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What would Bill Pullman have done if Earth fought back on Bastille Day?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Today we celebrate the Fifth of November! ::Pullman puts on Guy Fawkes mask::

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

It is said Festivus is a time for airing of grievances. And we have grievances with those alien bastards! ::Pilots cheer around a metal pole::

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Doctor Butts posted:

It mattered because Steven Hiller wanted to be an astronaut really bad, but he couldn't do that with a stripper wife!

It only took most of the population being killed in order for him to fulfill his dream!
As it turns out you can drive cross-country wearing a diaper to kidnap a romantic rifle and be an astronaut.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

As it turns out you can drive cross-country wearing a diaper to kidnap a romantic rifle and be an astronaut.

I didn't know that rifles were romantic

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

Except they weren't married when he got rejected so it was just because he had a stripper girlfriend.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

I didn't know that rifles were romantic

Don't be such a hoplophobe.

If we marry our guns, then OBAMA! or HITLERY! :freep: can't take them away from us.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Lastdancer posted:

Still miffed they didn't bring back Mae Whitman.
who?

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

This was not at all what I thought the Monster Trucks movie was going to be, but I'll take it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQrj2M-2Uiw

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Tars Tarkas posted:

This was not at all what I thought the Monster Trucks movie was going to be, but I'll take it!

I honestly can't decide whether I like it or not.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Jack Gladney posted:

poo poo, that would have been pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4K1q9Ntcr5g

THE DAY OF GLORY HAS COME!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Tars Tarkas posted:

It is said Festivus is a time for airing of grievances. And we have grievances with those alien bastards! ::Pilots cheer around a metal pole::

At least then the stripper girlfriend would make more sense.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Tars Tarkas posted:

I bet Universal is mad that they stole the plot to Fast and Furious 9.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Doctor Butts posted:

I cried during the Independence Day speech.

Come on now, it wasn't that bad.

Jack Gladney posted:

It's a shame Mel Brooks is no longer directing. I would have liked to see Yom Kippur.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Logan's Run remake is apparently still on with a newly announced screenwriter. Although he's supposed to be working off a previous treatment that was turned in during the period in which Bryan Singer was supposed to be directing it. Supposedly this version is going to hew closer to the original novel which had the crystal going off at 21 and not 30.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Oh good, another movie of late-teen/early-20s actors struggling against unfair societal systems through direct violence. I look forward to the intensely bland white people with no chemistry cast as romantic leads.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Logan's Run is still being produced by Simon Kinberg, who turns everything he touches to garbage, and Joel Silver, who hasn't been relevant since the 90s.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The Logan's Run remake is apparently still on with a newly announced screenwriter. Although he's supposed to be working off a previous treatment that was turned in during the period in which Bryan Singer was supposed to be directing it. Supposedly this version is going to hew closer to the original novel which had the crystal going off at 21 and not 30.

Is Ryan Gosling still attached?

Although I guess they could always make him the old guy they find on the surface.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Gosling was only attached when it was a Nicolas Winding Refn joint. That was like 2 or 3 iterations ago.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
Bryan Singer directing a film in which children who reach adulthood are immediately discarded. Interesting

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Renoistic posted:

I honestly can't decide whether I like it or not.

It looks pretty not terrible for a kids' movie.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Will Xbox return?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Oh good, another movie of late-teen/early-20s actors struggling against unfair societal systems through direct violence. I look forward to the intensely bland white people with no chemistry cast as romantic leads.

Maybe they'll try for the g rating and full frontal nudity of the original.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tars Tarkas posted:

I just posted this trailer in another thread, but holy poo poo, I LOVE this trailer. The description said it was a CGI fest so I assumed Speed Racer with trucks. Fuuuuuuuuck no, the reality is so much better. If this came out when I was a kid I would be completely obsessed with it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Oh my loving god. That was amazing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

bring back old gbs posted:

I just posted this trailer in another thread, but holy poo poo, I LOVE this trailer. The description said it was a CGI fest so I assumed Speed Racer with trucks. Fuuuuuuuuck no, the reality is so much better. If this came out when I was a kid I would be completely obsessed with it.

That looks incredibly mediocre, sorry.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

bring back old gbs posted:

If this came out when I was a kid I would be completely obsessed with it.

If this came out when you were a kid I would have dunked your head in a loving toilet, sorry man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Improbable Lobster posted:

That looks incredibly mediocre, sorry.
Why are you apologizing to us for being dead inside?

• Locked thread