Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Yeah incremental clickers don't quite do it for me, although I've only tried a couple. I realize Fallout Shelter isn't much advanced beyond a clicker but it feels much more game-like to me :shrug:

I'll have a look at Doomsday Clicker though, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Flesh Forge posted:

Yeah incremental clickers don't quite do it for me, although I've only tried a couple. I realize Fallout Shelter isn't much advanced beyond a clicker but it feels much more game-like to me :shrug:

The ones that actually end can be a lot of fun. However because devs want that sweet sweet ad/iap money android games tend to just be the ones that go on forever.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Infinite growth posted on the last page ends quite quickly and has 0 IAPs.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been playing Doomsday Clicker for a little while and although I'm enjoying it, progress has seemed to slow down a bit. I'll give it a couple more days and see if it picks up again but I'm guessing they just want you spend money on the coin doubler.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Is there a tap tycoons goon group?

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."

Shine posted:

The robot AI strategy game Gladiabots

Thanks for bringing this up, its just up my street.
I understand the logic execution, but is there a definition of what all the conditions really mean anywhere?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

TG-Chrono posted:

Is there a tap tycoons goon group?

blah.. I like the idle games better, the ones that you click on every once in awhile and to start the begining of the round then they collect themselves, I dont' want to be assed to go into a game to click. I like games that I can open, click furiously for 5-10 min, then let sit for a few hours.

Flesh Forge posted:

You may also want to check out REsources inc It's pretty cool, it's a location based game with medium level of management.
if you decide to try hit me up "Nuff Said Export" I'll give you plenty of seed money.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I liked Fallout Shelter right up until the group got too big for me to quickly scroll through, at which point it became too unwieldy.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

tater_salad posted:

blah.. I like the idle games better, the ones that you click on every once in awhile and to start the begining of the round then they collect themselves, I dont' want to be assed to go into a game to click. I like games that I can open, click furiously for 5-10 min, then let sit for a few hours.

For what it's worth, Tap Tycoon eventually turns into something like this. Or really, it sort of does both. It's from the same guys who made Tap Titans, and they've already proved repeatedly that math isn't their strong suit. So the balance is pretty much all over the place. Early game clicking is almost worthless and you're waiting for businesses to turn a profit, then late game it switches and days worth of business cash are worth almost nothing compared to the profit you make in a single tap.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

ChrisXP posted:

I understand the logic execution, but is there a definition of what all the conditions really mean anywhere?

I don't think so, given how early it is in development; documentation is pretty sparse. If you are wondering about a specific one then maybe I can help.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
Anyone playing Air Attack 2? I need some friends to get extra cash. I think it is done via Google Circles or whatever they are called now. I am Trastion on there too.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Sky Force Reloaded, the follow up to the pretty great shoot em up Sky Force 2014 is out.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mrkillboy posted:

Sky Force Reloaded, the follow up to the pretty great shoot em up Sky Force 2014 is out.

drat you, now I have another game to play all day. :)

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

mrkillboy posted:

Ohhhh poo poo. Between this and Air Attack 2, I wish I had more time.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

I've been playing Gladiabots also and I have been having trouble with my AI namely there are times when their shields drop and they back away until they recharge and other times they take two steps back and then before their shields have even recharged they plod forward again and die and a couple times they do nothing. I've watched the debugging window and see them taking the orders and then ignoring them. Any ideas? I'm stuck on ambidextrous.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

I've been playing Gladiabots also and I have been having trouble with my AI namely there are times when their shields drop and they back away until they recharge and other times they take two steps back and then before their shields have even recharged they plod forward again and die and a couple times they do nothing. I've watched the debugging window and see them taking the orders and then ignoring them. Any ideas? I'm stuck on ambidextrous.

Do you have them set to retreat when their shields reach a certain point, like 25%? If so, then do you have a "move toward enemy" order that does not specify any shield requirement? If that's the case, then as soon as their shield recharges to 26%, they'll no longer meet the condition to retreat, and if "move toward enemy" is the highest priority valid order, then they'll start advancing even though their shield hasn't recharged. If you haven't, try adding an own-shield condition to your Advance order, so they'll only move back up once their shields are at 75% or whatever.

I also had some good results by making an in-between order where if my bots were between 25-75% shield and the nearest enemy was at long or out of range, they'd move toward the nearest friendly. This made my bots bunch up while their shields were recharging, so then they'd focus fire more easily on individual enemies upon advancing. It didn't work out for the best in all scenarios, but in at least one or two it was beast mode.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Shine posted:

Do you have them set to retreat when their shields reach a certain point, like 25%? If so, then do you have a "move toward enemy" order that does not specify any shield requirement? If that's the case, then as soon as their shield recharges to 26%, they'll no longer meet the condition to retreat, and if "move toward enemy" is the highest priority valid order, then they'll start advancing even though their shield hasn't recharged. If you haven't, try adding an own-shield condition to your Advance order, so they'll only move back up once their shields are at 75% or whatever.

I also had some good results by making an in-between order where if my bots were between 25-75% shield and the nearest enemy was at long or out of range, they'd move toward the nearest friendly. This made my bots bunch up while their shields were recharging, so then they'd focus fire more easily on individual enemies upon advancing. It didn't work out for the best in all scenarios, but in at least one or two it was beast mode.

Yeah I set up a condition so they only fought when they were 75% and above. I thought maybe they were bumping into each other and when they were unable to retreat through them they just stopped and went to the next valid command. Watching the debug menu I see the condition light up green but not the retreat command. And it's not the whole team that's doing it just the same 2, but the entire team is using the same program.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ChrisXP posted:

Yeah, I can't figure out the programming system for the robots hardly at all. A lot of the logic blocks and sub-elements of blocks have similar names, sometimes in ways that make them sound equivalent, when they don't work the same way at all in practice. It looks like the main developer might not be a native English speaker, so hopefully the confusion is just from early-alpha status or poor initial translation. But I suppose it could just be that I've forgotten everything I learned from that robotics class I took in college :v:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Blackchamber posted:

Yeah I set up a condition so they only fought when they were 75% and above. I thought maybe they were bumping into each other and when they were unable to retreat through them they just stopped and went to the next valid command. Watching the debug menu I see the condition light up green but not the retreat command. And it's not the whole team that's doing it just the same 2, but the entire team is using the same program.

Weird. What's your specific retreat action? What specifically are they moving away from, and are there any filters?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Is there a way to stop the Flee command from making my bots pinball between red and green enemies in the last mission? drat thing always gets (at least) one bot killed.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

seravid posted:

Is there a way to stop the Flee command from making my bots pinball between red and green enemies in the last mission? drat thing always gets (at least) one bot killed.

Yes. You want to not be between them.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Big Ink posted:

Yes. You want to not be between them.

Obviously, but that circumvents the problem, it doesn't fix it. I meant use the Flee command in a way that doesn't send the bot towards another enemy.

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

seravid posted:

Obviously, but that circumvents the problem, it doesn't fix it. I meant use the Flee command in a way that doesn't send the bot towards another enemy.

Unfortunately I think you'll have to accept circumvention as you can't tell the bots which direction to flee. But you can have your bots move toward an object as an act of fleeing but named differently.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

That's alright, just thinking of ways to optimize things now that I finished all the missions.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Shine posted:

Weird. What's your specific retreat action? What specifically are they moving away from, and are there any filters?

It was that they were getting stuck on each other. Basically they were to retreat from the closest enemy unit until their shield had recharged to 50-75% so for the ones that were unobstructed they would survive fine until the stuck ones got mowed down and then the more focused fire would wear them down and push them back enough for the enemy to swoop in on the ball.

Eventually I was able to beat the scenario, had to change my tactics. I think the enemy units aren't exactly equal to yours in either range, accuracy, or firepower which is intentionally trying to push you towards the game maker's solution for the problem.

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

Trastion posted:

Anyone playing Air Attack 2? I need some friends to get extra cash. I think it is done via Google Circles or whatever they are called now. I am Trastion on there too.

I'd add you but I can't figure out how. I should be in as shortyeastcoast.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

I probably already know the answer to this, but are there any mobile games (on either platform really) that a focused on nation-building, in a way similar to NationStates or CyberNations or eRepublik or all of those old lovely browser-based ones that were all awful in some way or another but still fairly addictive?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

AnimalChin posted:

I'd add you but I can't figure out how. I should be in as shortyeastcoast.

I think you just add to Google Circles and then log in with that to the game. That is the way it works with Sky Force also so if you play both you get the friend on both.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Am I missing something or is there no IAP in the new Sky Force? I know this sounds like an odd complaint but there's a "restore transactions" button in the settings! I'd love to buy a star doubler (and remove the adverts) as progress feels a little slow compared to the original game.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Tunga posted:

Am I missing something or is there no IAP in the new Sky Force? I know this sounds like an odd complaint but there's a "restore transactions" button in the settings! I'd love to buy a star doubler (and remove the adverts) as progress feels a little slow compared to the original game.

The option to buy IAPs appears in the upgrades menu after you've played a few times, though I'm not sure what the exact number to get it to show up is.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

mrkillboy posted:

The option to buy IAPs appears in the upgrades menu after you've played a few times, though I'm not sure what the exact number to get it to show up is.
Ah, there it is! Cool, thanks. The plane respawner speed IAP seems pretty pointless as I never run out but maybe it's just because I don't play for hours. I grabbed the other two though. The ads aren't even obtrusive but I will always pay a quid or two to remove adverts from an app that I enjoy.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Pro-tip: upgrade the magnet ASAP

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
This Sky Force thing has been pretty neat so far.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'd forgotten how much of a callous I get on my thumb playing shoot-'em-ups. Yikes.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Is there anyone who knows if there's a good gamepad for mobiles that they know for a fact works with an HTC One (I think M7)? Looking online all I can find is that people seem to have a problem finding something like that.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tunga posted:

Ah, there it is! Cool, thanks. The plane respawner speed IAP seems pretty pointless as I never run out but maybe it's just because I don't play for hours. I grabbed the other two though. The ads aren't even obtrusive but I will always pay a quid or two to remove adverts from an app that I enjoy.

I want to buy the no-ads and coin doubler IAPs with my google fun bucks but my survey bucks are on a different play account and it wont let me change it when trying to purchase. I even used the Play Games app to change to the other account and then launch the game and log into play games under that account but then when I go to the IAP it always reverts back to my other account.

ChrisXP
Nov 25, 2004

"In football, time and space are the same thing."
GLADIABOTS

Shine posted:

I don't think so, given how early it is in development; documentation is pretty sparse. If you are wondering about a specific one then maybe I can help.

Thanks for the offer. I realise I didn't word it correctly, as my main issue was not understanding what the Target Filters were supposed to do.
Then I looked again and it all made sense.
Hopefully it won't be long before he gets a v1.0 on the store

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

I want to buy the no-ads and coin doubler IAPs with my google fun bucks but my survey bucks are on a different play account and it wont let me change it when trying to purchase. I even used the Play Games app to change to the other account and then launch the game and log into play games under that account but then when I go to the IAP it always reverts back to my other account.
This isn't the game's fault. It always uses the account that you downloaded the app under in the Play store. As otherwise you could end up buying IAPs on an account that doesn't own the app that the IAPs are for!

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tunga posted:

This isn't the game's fault. It always uses the account that you downloaded the app under in the Play store. As otherwise you could end up buying IAPs on an account that doesn't own the app that the IAPs are for!

Hmm crap. I guess I can try buying it under the other account and start over. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

Hmm crap. I guess I can try buying it under the other account and start over. Thanks.
The game is free…?