Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

jm20 posted:

My losses are not accurate from 2008.

Seems to be missing a link on your end :confused: You are also free to explain why you truely believe players like Zataaki, or the paragonWoW guys, or even Garmon are not skilled in comparison to yourself or your 40 year old man eve demographic you think is top tier.

don't put words in my mouth there is no top tier EVE is all poo poo tier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

frozenpussy posted:

lot of burden of proof up in this mug

People typically have sources of fact based evidence to support their claims, but keep on keeping on

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

jm20 posted:

People typically have sources of fact based evidence to support their claims, but keep on keeping on

I wasn't talking to you in that quote go away

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Unfunny Poster posted:

Zkill isn't accurate with most of its stats though due to people not putting their APIs onto it. Hope this assists you in your argument.

So it's only acceptably accurate if ~the good guys~ are on top?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cravius posted:

Whole lotta bad posting from both sides right now tbh

This is my thinking currently.

Lets all agree that Kills can be difficult based on fittings, or easy based on getting the drop on people and leave it there.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

VideoGames posted:

Lets all agree that Kills can be difficult based on fittings, or easy based on getting the drop on people and leave it there.

completely!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

frozenpussy posted:

I wasn't talking to you in that quote go away

Feel free to source your claims if you are so bold as to have something of worth for discussion

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

i'm

gay

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I actually woke up one morning and poof - I was in the top performing low-sec PVP alliance.

So if KarmaFleet exists, what's the selling point for Waffles?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Pretty sure zkill now pulls all killmails from crest hourly so doesn't rely on people having registered their old APIs any more.

Show me a kill that isn't captured and I will accept that I was wrong

https://zkillboard.com/character/878768739/

if your api isn't in zkill, your kills and losses don't show up unless you post them

ie: none of my suicide gank losses are showing up

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

the skill with eve is having a pulse and knowing how to read. its not even on the same level as an FPS or an RTS.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh neat! I have a killboard too! :D
https://zkillboard.com/character/96354119/ I hope it remains empty for as long as possible.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

if your api isn't in zkill, your kills and losses don't show up unless you post them

I have never put any API on zkill, and everything I've ever done on any character has shown up. vOv

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.
If PL was so :airquote: elite peeveepee :airquote: wouldn't a requirement then be to put an api on zkill so that it was always up to date vs other alliances like GSF. That is, if zkill still required api keys to pull data, though I personally have had loss-mails from characters I know I have not added to zkill show up that were killed by npcs or when I shot myself with another non-registered on zkill character. The way it looks now, PL lost in kills by almost 1300, is claiming "we didn't care in May, now we care" and that "zkill is broken, our special boards are what count". Get out of here with your special-ness.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jm20 posted:

I dunno, I was always partial to some elitepvpers from another game :finland: Maybe you are just bad @ eve friend.

https://zkillboard.com/character/592170048/
https://zkillboard.com/character/1753084147/

Ahh Diivil, the guy we kicked for being a spy 2 weeks in because no one could be that active and good and be a true goon.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hailthefish posted:

So it's only acceptably accurate if ~the good guys~ are on top?

If you want to pretend that's what I said then feel free.

Baculus posted:

I have never put any API on zkill, and everything I've ever done on any character has shown up. vOv

That's because other people on the kill, or the victims, have their APIs on the site.

Be it a corp API or a individual player API.

Edit - You can find out whose API is in Zkill by the little green checkmark that says "API Verified." You have to go to the Corp & Alliance page separately.

For example: Neither HVAC Repairman's API, GoonWaffe, nor GoonSwarm Federations API isn't on Zkill, but GSF's Kriegsmarinewerft's corp API is. So if HVAC was involved in a kill with a dude from Kriegsmarinewerft, then that's where the API for that kill would come from.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jun 2, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
This is how I solo PVP:

-with all the alts,
-in high sec,
-using a perfect prober (not shown-- Rain6638),
-once every four years.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jm20 posted:

Seems to be missing a link on your end :confused: You are also free to explain why you truely believe players like Zataaki, or the paragonWoW guys, or even Garmon are not skilled in comparison to yourself or your 40 year old man eve demographic you think is top tier.

zataaki sucked(sucks?) rear end dude dont hold him up as your example

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

:unsmith:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
Lavens

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

Goatman Sacks posted:

Ahh Diivil, the guy we kicked for being a spy 2 weeks in because no one could be that active and good and be a true goon.

Was it Vio? Vio was always a suspicious guy.

Anyhow they are fantastic gamers and their skill carries over across games. I miss the old gang :(

frozenpussy posted:

This is how I solo PVP:

-with all the alts,
-in high sec,
-once every four years.

Solo pvp means one person so you're in the clear. pvping by giving away advantages is best left for games without real death

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

zataaki sucked(sucks?) rear end dude dont hold him up as your example

Says pvp master deadtear, he who jumps his titan into a system where no one could load grid.

Zataaki has like 3k kills with a crusader dude

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Baculus posted:

So if KarmaFleet exists, what's the selling point for Waffles?

Flying something other than hurricanes and frigates?

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

jm20 posted:

Was it Vio? Vio was always a suspicious guy.

Anyhow they are fantastic gamers and their skill carries over across games. I miss the old gang :(

Solo pvp means one person so you're in the clear. pvping by giving away advantages is best left for games without real death

Says pvp master deadtear, he who jumps his titan into a system where no one could load grid.

Zataaki has like 3k kills with a crusader dude

lavens

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

jm20 posted:

Should have said 'recent' losses

Unfunny Poster posted:

Cite where it says it does that.

Was a conversation with a dev guy who did our srp coding so can't copy paste. Whether it's true or not doesn't make your assertion that zkill misses kills true. Show me a (recent) example.

There, this is how you refute anecdotal claims UP

Thanks, I'll tell my friend he's full of poo poo :)

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Xolve posted:

Flying something other than hurricanes and frigates?

so feroxes then

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Should have said 'recent' losses

Was a conversation with a dev guy who did our srp coding so can't copy paste. Whether it's true or not doesn't make your assertion that zkill misses kills true. Show me a (recent) example.

There, this is how you refute anecdotal claims UP

Thanks, I'll tell my friend he's full of poo poo :)

Losses to Concord or any NPCs don't show on zkill I thought.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Bilirubin posted:

Losses to Concord or any NPCs don't show on zkill I thought.

they very much do

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

they very much do

Mine do from 2012

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Baculus posted:

goonwaffe API is put into zkillboard, so goonwaffe's kills and losses automatically go into zkillboard

thats why i had to leave before i went gently caress goons for a little bit, because anti-gankers were following me based on my kills and losses that automatically showed up on zkill.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jun 2, 2016

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

goonwaffe API is put into zkillboard, so goonwaffe's kills and losses automatically go into zkillboard

thats why i had to leave before i went gently caress goons for a little bit, because anti-gankers were following me based on my kills and losses that automatically showed up on zkill.

It was a bit frustrating for me while ganking because even my single ibis losses when pre-pulling concord would be on zkill within minutes.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

Zkill isn't accurate with most of its stats though due to people not putting their APIs onto it. Hope this assists you in your argument.

Bad dodge. Zkill sees enough general use amongst the nullsec/lowsec set that the odds of somebody having their API in it (Via corp/alliance/individual) for any given fight with more than 20 people in it is pretty loving good. Is it perfect? No. There will always be edge cases, but when throwing around unsubstiated "We're doing this better than you neener neener" posts into the void, retorting with a fairly accurate even though it misses the edge cases and saying "Nuh uh, neener neener" is perfectly acceptable.

Nerd.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

There used to be another alliance that was all about their kb it was Against All Authorities whatever happened to them

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Orange Red Bull posted:

so feroxes then

Not quite- apparently they're all grown up now and flying similar doctrines to PL.

Orange Red Bull posted:

There used to be another alliance that was all about their kb it was Against All Authorities whatever happened to them

They're still around- camping HED-GP like old times.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

frozenpussy posted:

This is how I solo PVP:

-with all the alts,
-in high sec,
-once every four years.

I like my way better. Grab a Taranis fly around and engage whatever you see, no matter what it is.
There's no adrenaline rush like tackling a balghorn on a gate knowing full well you have no support anywhere nearby.
Once you're back in station, you grab another one and repeat the process.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Squizz, the guy who makes Zkill, responded to a PM I shot him and made this PSA/thread a little bit ago to help clarify it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4m8jgm/zkillboard_does_not_automatically_get_all/

Rhymenoserous posted:

Bad dodge. Zkill sees enough general use amongst the nullsec/lowsec set that the odds of somebody having their API in it (Via corp/alliance/individual) for any given fight with more than 20 people in it is pretty loving good. Is it perfect? No. There will always be edge cases, but when throwing around unsubstiated "We're doing this better than you neener neener" posts into the void, retorting with a fairly accurate even though it misses the edge cases and saying "Nuh uh, neener neener" is perfectly acceptable.

Nerd.

It wasn't a dodge but OK. PL's api isn't on zkill and that's something Squizz himself has commented on over the past few years in that not all PL killmails/lossmails are on the site.

I don't really get involved in the "zomg killboard stats :words:" idiocy. Then again I'm not a tryhard who focuses on that stuff when it comes to a video game like you guys. :shrug:

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 2, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Unfunny Poster posted:

I don't really get involved in the "zomg killboard stats :words:" idiocy. Then again I'm not a tryhard who focuses on that stuff when it comes to a video game like you guys. :shrug:

:v:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Dalael posted:

I like my way better. Grab a Taranis fly around and engage whatever you see, no matter what it is.
There's no adrenaline rush like tackling a balghorn on a gate knowing full well you have no support anywhere nearby.
Once you're back in station, you grab another one and repeat the process.

Know what's better than EVE player versus player

forum poster versus poster

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Unfunny Poster posted:

I'm not a tryhard

How many hundreds of hours worth of eve vids have you made :v:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
I think anyone who cares about KB stats in TYOOL 2016 is not going to enjoy eve very much.

I've noticed that many more people are flying expensive setups; whereas seeing faction/t2 cruisers wasn't that big about 6 years ago, now there are a lot of people roaming around in stuff like 100mn phantasms and XLASB vagas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Unfunny Poster posted:

Squizz, the guy who makes Zkill, responded to a PM I shot him and made this PSA/thread a little bit ago to help clarify it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4m8jgm/zkillboard_does_not_automatically_get_all/

It wasn't a dodge but OK. PL's api isn't on zkill and that's something Squizz himself has commented on over the past few years in that not all PL killmails/lossmails are on the site.

So you shot the zkill guy a pm about how his kb works but totally don't care about kb stats

These things seem inconsistent to me

• Locked thread