Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doronin
Nov 22, 2002

Don't be scared

Electromax posted:

I thought spandex was the under armor stuff:

Thus imagining this:

...Which is what that Batman costume looked like to me, just with a more lanky guy in it. Must be some other material.

It's definitely not spandex. Under Armour sponsors my workplace, and back in the 90s it was some weird synthetic material that lacked cotton. Then around 2000-ish, they introduced some patented "charged cotton" material which is basically a form of dri-fit that breaths so sweat can dissipate and evaporate from the body, faster.

And they cut their shirts in such a way that if you have broad shoulders, they'll make you look even more jacked (see: that Rock pic you posted).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PriorMarcus posted:

Captain Marvel front runner is Brie Larson.
She seems... really young for the role?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Josh Lyman posted:

She seems... really young for the role?

27 seems pretty normal for a career military officer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They should have gone with the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Eh, I'm prepared to be reasonable about this and watch Brie Larson in the eventual Nextwave movie.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Electromax posted:

I thought spandex was the under armor stuff:

Thus imagining this:

...Which is what that Batman costume looked like to me, just with a more lanky guy in it. Must be some other material.

I think this is what everyone means when they say spandex, myself included. Just a skin-tight fabric, I'm not an expert on what fabrics do what.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Davros1 posted:

They should have gone with the Monica Rambeau Captain Marvel.

Them doing a Cosmic Female's movie with Capt. Marvel, Monica Rambeau, America Chavez would be pretty much amazing.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

Captain Marvel front runner is Brie Larson.

Fits exactly in the previous Marvel leading actor mold. Up and coming (despite winning an Oscar, she's still not a house-hold name), great in everything she's done, also done a bunch of comedy which she's also excelled at.

Doesn't quite fit my ideal older woman with military experience thing, but I'm sure they'll figure out something. Or she'll just act around it.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
BvS Ultimate Edition trailer released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AO19XY2rqc

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

i'm really gonna love it if that scene of the north african witness played by wunmi mosaku literally happens just after clark kent has gotten does having sex with lois lane in the bath tub like it implies here

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Oh my god I'm so excited for this!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Sweet.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

K. Waste posted:

i'm really gonna love it if that scene of the north african witness played by wunmi mosaku literally happens just after clark kent has gotten does having sex with lois lane in the bath tub like it implies here

Superman does not have a responsibility to save all people nor do all or even any people have a right to have their problems solved by Superman. I don't know if that scene is supposed to trigger some automatic response where I think Superman is an rear end in a top hat or what because the opposite happened.

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
Marvel are being really smart about Thor. It was inarguably the least successful of the three main series (Iron Man, Cap, Thor). Take Captain America. It was doing fine, and the third one would have done fine, but then they made it Civil War, chucked a load of other superheroes into it and suddenly it's a billion dollar movie.

They're doing the same thing with Thor. It wasn't, let's be honest, that interesting a series. Chucking Hulk into the mix increased my interest 110%. It's now something new and interesting, it brings it back into the wider Universe, and I can't wait to see those two buddy up and take a road trip through weird cosmic poo poo. All the other stuff they're mentioning is backing that up. I'd bet that most people have the same reaction.

It won't do Civil War numbers, but I'd bet it takes it from Thor numbers to Winter Soldier/GotG numbers.

This, by the way, is coming from someone who doesn't give two shits about Thor.

They'd better not cut his hair though. That would be a loving travesty.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 231 days!

cvnvcnv posted:

Superman does not have a responsibility to save all people nor do all or even any people have a right to have their problems solved by Superman. I don't know if that scene is supposed to trigger some automatic response where I think Superman is an rear end in a top hat or what because the opposite happened.

She's asking how he decides which lives are worth saving, not why he doesn't save every life or solve every problem.

For some reason, I found your dismissal of this really offputting. It may have nothing to do with you, but your post reads really weirdly as a response to a question posed by a black, third world woman. Like the reflex is to say "as if there is any responsibility to help you people."

E: there's also a dash of Bale's Batman in how I read this; "I may not be able to kill you, but I don't have to save you."

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 2, 2016

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Oh my god I'm so excited for this!

Me too, actually.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Rick Famuyiwa, the director of Dope, is the new Flash director

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Gonna be honest, when first read that headline I thought Dope was just an adjective.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

That's awesome - Dope is so goddamn good.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:

cvnvcnv posted:

i feel like clark's reaction to that #blacklivescount moment was a little more nuanced than that (i don't actually blame clark kent for genocide - but the movie is ostensibly about how his love of one person gets in the way of his love for the world)

this is a good idea

Vintersorg posted:

That's awesome - Dope is so goddamn good.

great postmodern remake of Super Fly, imho

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dope was so good. This has me way more excited than that other guy they had before.

Also gonna :f5: my tracking page for the BvS Director's Cut.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

So uh, Joe Quesada mentioned on Kevin Smith's podcast that Marvel has the rights to Namor the Sub-Mariner

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Marvel are being really smart about Thor. It was inarguably the least successful of the three main series (Iron Man, Cap, Thor). Take Captain America. It was doing fine, and the third one would have done fine, but then they made it Civil War, chucked a load of other superheroes into it and suddenly it's a billion dollar movie.

They're doing the same thing with Thor. It wasn't, let's be honest, that interesting a series. Chucking Hulk into the mix increased my interest 110%. It's now something new and interesting, it brings it back into the wider Universe, and I can't wait to see those two buddy up and take a road trip through weird cosmic poo poo. All the other stuff they're mentioning is backing that up. I'd bet that most people have the same reaction.

It won't do Civil War numbers, but I'd bet it takes it from Thor numbers to Winter Soldier/GotG numbers.

This, by the way, is coming from someone who doesn't give two shits about Thor.

They'd better not cut his hair though. That would be a loving travesty.

I'm pretty sure Thor has never had short hair. I'd be more worried about his beard, since a good chunk of his history in the 616 he's clean shavej.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Scyantific posted:

So uh, Joe Quesada mentioned on Kevin Smith's podcast that Marvel has the rights to Namor the Sub-Mariner

Can't wait for these panels to be immortalized on screen

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure Thor has never had short hair. I'd be more worried about his beard, since a good chunk of his history in the 616 he's clean shavej.

They said that Hemsworth will have "his head partially shaved" during Thor 3.

No idea why that would happen, but I don't think it is his beard.

First Karen Gillan, now Hemsworth. What does Marvel have against attractive foreigners and their hair?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They said that Hemsworth will have "his head partially shaved" during Thor 3.

No idea why that would happen, but I don't think it is his beard.

First Karen Gillan, now Hemsworth. What does Marvel have against attractive foreigners and their hair?

It will probably be that look some metal heads have where they shave the sides but still have a foot or more of hair on top.

Though you should know Hemsworth is wearing a wig in probably every movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also dope: the fact that a studio took a look at his filmography and did not immediately think that he should only direct 'black' movies forever.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

This is, pardon the repetition, dope.

The MSJ posted:

Also dope: the fact that a studio took a look at his filmography and did not immediately think that he should only direct 'black' movies forever.

This is true. I mean, DC got a woman to direct Wonder Woman, and Marvel got a black man to direct Black Panther, for all I know, this will be the first superhero movie not directed by someone of the same race and gender as the main character.

Y'know, if we ignore Punisher: War Zone and Steel.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

The MSJ posted:

It's not too late to have New Wally West, though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Yoshifan823 posted:

This is true. I mean, DC got a woman to direct Wonder Woman, and Marvel got a black man to direct Black Panther, for all I know, this will be the first superhero movie not directed by someone of the same race and gender as the main character.

You got it backwards. Famuyiwa's previous movies have mostly black casts, and there's a tendency to pigeonhole directors like him as someone who only makes movies for "his people".

You forgot to mention Justin Lin, F Gary Gray, James Wan and Antoine Fuqua too. Edit: And Spike Lee who directed the Oldboy remake.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Yoshifan823 posted:

for all I know, this will be the first superhero movie not directed by someone of the same race and gender as the main character.

Tim Story directed both 00's Fantastic Four movies

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Namor is gonna blow up the world that the Squadron Supreme is on in the MCU.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
it's not like we don't live in a world where those other black directors, plus tim story and george tillman, jr., don't exist

like, i'm sure black directors get 'type cast' just as much as black performers, but within the workman-like structure of commercial cinema, black directors making non- 'specialty market' films isn't precisely unheard of.

Yoshifan823 posted:

for all I know, this will be the first superhero movie not directed by someone of the same race and gender as the main character.

gently caress beatenand both Fantastic Four movies

i wonder who's gonna helm Cyborg - they should see if they can't get ryan coogler into their wing (still)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

K. Waste posted:

i wonder who's gonna helm Cyborg - they should see if they can't get ryan coogler into their wing (still)

Chances are Marvel will keep him for Black Panther sequels.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Watch Famuyiwa get offered a bit part in Black Panther

Electromax
May 6, 2007

K. Waste posted:

i wonder who's gonna helm Cyborg

Maybe they could hire a robot to mindlessly film the actors from 7am - 8pm every day while they act out scenes however they see fit.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Electromax posted:

Maybe they could hire a robot to mindlessly film the actors from 7am - 8pm every day while they act out scenes however they see fit.

That sounds far too potentially interesting to work for a Cyborg movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Remember, robots are people too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5yBH9lQOqc

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
That's just about the most in universe subtle thing that show ever did.

I don't know what that says about the show but there you go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
At the end of that episode the best the space racist can manage is that she was "one of the good ones".

• Locked thread