Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Another weird potential 3DS port: Runbow, a Wii U-exclusive versus party platformer with a colour-switching gimmick, has a listing for a retail 3DS release on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Nighthawk-Int...awk+Interactive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Has Fantasy Life ever gone on sale on eShop?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

0.99999... = 1

no it doesn't

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Housh posted:

Has Fantasy Life ever gone on sale on eShop?

Yeah, it did during a Nintendo Summer Sale about a year ago.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Weedle posted:

It's loving bonkers that people act like Nintendo is killing their dog because they're charging $10 for a 30-hour RPG that's widely considered an all-time classic of the genre. Just because you can get games for $3 in the Steam summer sale doesn't mean they're not worth more than that.
Nintendo is proud of you for defending them. Your 5 Nintendo Points gift card is in the post

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Nintendo is proud of you for defending them. Your 5 Nintendo Points gift card is in the post
Haha good joke, yeah that's a really good impression of an idiot

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Man, Nintendo defense isn't worth what it used to be.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Use of the word "entitled" should be probatable imo

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I swear, these loving millenials wanting cheap games...

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I will never get goons obsession with defending a companies outdated policy. You are not making any money why do you care?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

goferchan posted:

Is it? I played them all as a kid when they were coming out but forgot the tier lists. Good to know I'm gonna go sip some coffee on the porch and fire that sucker up on the Wii U gamepad right now

edit: wow I'm not sure how or why but GBA games look great on here. My only complaint is that they can't work some voodoo with the gyroscope and get Warioware Twisted working on it

i still like dual strike but AW2 is def the one i like most

really i'd love a new one but the chances of that seem slimmer and slimmer the more years go on...

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light
I made a joke about how non-negative opinions about Nintendo weren't allowed a while back, but it's really starting to look like I was right. Is it really so hard to accept that some people aren't upset about every single thing Nintendo does?

And if you're tired of hearing the word "entitled" I suggest you stop acting entitled. I'll stop immediately, I promise.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

Use of the word "entitled" should be probatable imo

its a good way to know a poster is retarded

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

CharlestheHammer posted:

I will never get goons obsession with defending a companies outdated policy. You are not making any money why do you care?

Eh, Nintendo are within their rights in dictating their prices. They want to equate prices with quality, and most of the time this has been the case. Most of the time. It would be better if prices were lower though, but discounts will have to do in the meantime. Or wait until it reappears as a Nintendo Selects release.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Davincie posted:

its a good way to know a poster is retarded

Are slurs necessary?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
No one is saying they don't have the right but the consumer has the right to complain. It's just dumb, like the word entitled, which somehow became an insult. Even though it shouldn't be.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

I made a joke about how non-negative opinions about Nintendo weren't allowed a while back, but it's really starting to look like I was right. Is it really so hard to accept that some people aren't upset about every single thing Nintendo does?

And if you're tired of hearing the word "entitled" I suggest you stop acting entitled. I'll stop immediately, I promise.

Bitch, I know you aren't telling me I hate Nintendo right now.

jivjov posted:

Are slurs necessary?

I just got a bingo.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Lol I missed that post, dude is to invested in Nintendo.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
nintendo is okay but they're a company and companies want money so they'll have business practices that are bad for the customer and in conclusion full communism now

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mandatory lesbian posted:

in conclusion full communism now

:yeah:

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

CharlestheHammer posted:

No one is saying they don't have the right but the consumer has the right to complain. It's just dumb, like the word entitled, which somehow became an insult. Even though it shouldn't be.

The literal definition of entitled isn't an insult, but the word has pretty much become a shorthand for having a false sense of entitlement, which is what many people are tired of seeing.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with complaining if you feel entitled to something and you aren't getting it, but if you (in the general sense, not you specifically) lash out at the people who disagree with you and act like they're just mindlessly defending Nintendo it's going to look like your sense of entitlement is out of proportion.

Also, I think slurs are great, they make it so much easier to figure out who to ignore.

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong
Isn't the whole price discussion kind of moot anyway? They wouldn't charge that much if they weren't able to make adequate money charging that amount. Just like any other company. The best sort of complaining a consumer can do is not purchase things they think they are being charged too much for. Right?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

jivjov posted:

Are slurs necessary?

yeah

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

this is the worst post on this matter so far

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Also, man. A game's price and quality are two totally different things. It's like any other product- you charge what you can get away with charging.

It kinda comes down to whether there's a lesson to "teach" Nintendo, and if they care. There is a reduced value propostion to investing in a Nintendo Console, to a certain extent, because the first party titles never go on sale. However, the console itself is often half the price of its competitors, so you consider that maybe that purchase is being subsidized by Nintendo's always full-price games.

Would I pay $60 for Star Fox Zero? Nah. I have no regrets about paying $60 for Splatoon, though. Similarly, I'd probably pay more than $40 for Monster Hunter if Capcom suddenly decided to start charging it like the Atlus tax. That franchise is like a crack rock the size of a human head, all for me. Do I prefer to pay like $20 or less for a game because it went on Steam Sale? Of course. The end result is that I pay more per game for fewer Nintendo games. Given their release schedule, I think that's honestly what they want.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
A lot of my goodwill towards Nintendo went out the door when Club Nintendo got replaced with the shittiest program ever.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
My main issue with Nintendo is more with games like Star Fox 64 3D. The original came out in the 90s and the port was released in 2011, yet the game is still $40 on the eshop with cart prices being even more hilarious. It rarely goes on sale and when it does it basically just goes down to a more sensible baseline price. As someone who has never played a Star Fox game and has no investment in the series, this puts me off of ever bothering to purchase it. I feel there are a number of titles like this, which is more than a little disappointing. That said, while I personally feel anything over $5 is too much for some of the VC games that are 20-30 years old and running on pure nostalgia, the price point is still low enough that I pay for them without regret. That's my story. :v:

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

nintendo is okay but they're a company and companies want money so they'll have business practices that are bad for the customer and in conclusion full communism now

Communism ftw

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

The Worst Bear posted:

My main issue with Nintendo is more with games like Star Fox 64 3D. The original came out in the 90s and the port was released in 2011, yet the game is still $40 on the eshop with cart prices being even more hilarious. It rarely goes on sale and when it does it basically just goes down to a more sensible baseline price. As someone who has never played a Star Fox game and has no investment in the series, this puts me off of ever bothering to purchase it. I feel there are a number of titles like this, which is more than a little disappointing. That said, while I personally feel anything over $5 is too much for some of the VC games that are 20-30 years old and running on pure nostalgia, the price point is still low enough that I pay for them without regret. That's my story. :v:

Except that's kind of a lovely example because it's a great game that was beautifully remastered in 3D making good use of it so that people like you that never played the original could enjoy a version that was more up to date? Not to mention that it's worth the price and people will pay it. You can't really compare any of their 3D rereleases to anything on the VC, all of the ones I've seen have been pretty solid.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

i still like dual strike but AW2 is def the one i like most

really i'd love a new one but the chances of that seem slimmer and slimmer the more years go on...

Advance Wars By Web still exists.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
star fox 3d looks a hell of a lot prettier than the original

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Colonel posted:

star fox 3d looks a hell of a lot prettier than the original

:yeah:

It's definitely a remake and not just a port.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Slur posted:

AW is more than multiplayer though.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I tried the online multiplayer in Dark Conflict/Days of Ruin a few times but people would just disconnect once things start going wrong because they don't want to spend the next 10-15 minutes slowly losing

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Worst Bear posted:

If you aren't willing to pay what games are worth, maybe you should just emulate them on something else and not get upset about it.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I would be OK with the price of the virtual console titles IF they were linked to your nintendo account and not tied to your console

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Slur posted:

i want them to make the new game with support conversations so i can make lash and sonja kiss

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

The literal definition of entitled isn't an insult, but the word has pretty much become a shorthand for having a false sense of entitlement, which is what many people are tired of seeing.

You're right, there's nothing wrong with complaining if you feel entitled to something and you aren't getting it, but if you (in the general sense, not you specifically) lash out at the people who disagree with you and act like they're just mindlessly defending Nintendo it's going to look like your sense of entitlement is out of proportion.

Also, I think slurs are great, they make it so much easier to figure out who to ignore.

They are just mindlessly defending nintendo tho. They have no stake or really any counterargument to speak of.

It's just cheerleading.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

i want them to make the new game with support conversations so i can make lash and sonja kiss

same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nintendo software is typically more expensive because that's what their brand is worth. You start selling a bunch of old Mario games for a buck, and then Mario becomes cheap. They've made games that are considered works of art, and aren't supposed to lose their value over time. They're not supposed to be priced in the same category as mobile games, or old Playstation games. They're like Disney movies coming out of the Disney Vault, and Nintendo prices them in a way that makes them (seem) high end.