Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rosh
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's Wrong,
Something's Right
So WeLoveFine's website was messed up all day making it impossible to pre-order pins, then it comes back up and they suddenly cost $20 a pop instead of the $10 they were before. Guess they realized how much money they could make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/Immortals_gg/status/738085399000535040

I don't follow League at all, but from what I've looked up, apparently their LoL team is very good and the owner is a cool guy, so I think Tempo Storm secured themselves a very good org.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Rosh posted:

So WeLoveFine's website was messed up all day making it impossible to pre-order pins, then it comes back up and they suddenly cost $20 a pop instead of the $10 they were before. Guess they realized how much money they could make.

Somebody asked long after they should have "Hey, why are we selling a physical product with a digital code for the same price as just the code itself?"

surc
Aug 17, 2004

I watched this earlier at work and it brightened up my day, thank you.

apostasy.
Feb 15, 2012
hit global again last night, was then convincingly outfragged by a non-smurf dmg in my 5 man queue a game later. think i'm done staring at walls for 10 minutes a session, overwatch is a better game because i don't have to think or throw nades and raw aim carries me

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

apostasy. posted:

hit global again last night, was then convincingly outfragged by a non-smurf dmg in my 5 man queue a game later. think i'm done staring at walls for 10 minutes a session, overwatch is a better game because i don't have to think or throw nades and raw aim carries me

Stewie is god at Overwatch.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I agree with "Overwatch dead in 6 months" guy. I played the beta and it's a very polished game. Unfortunately it's run by Blizzard who make Valve look like balance geniuses. Then they make an E-sports game with DIFFERENT CLASSES and they're going to get huffy and wonder why their forums are full of 12 year olds going "nerf X" "buff Y" "blizz remove Z from game" and then they're going to go "hmm, the best way to address balance is to add MORE classes/variance"

Sources: Every Blizzard game.

As an aside, I play neither of these lovely games anymore so my comments are fair and unbiased.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
God drat, my work schedule finally allowed me to stop solo queuing and start playing with my old CAL buddies plus a couple strangers. We steamrolled several games in a row, causing one team to forfeit after a few rounds, and had another game ruined because one guy got matched up against us twice in a row and he was so tilted from the first game he told his teammates it was hopeless and threw the game after they lost a couple rounds. Queuing with people who aren't retarded and have and use their mics is like a completely different game.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

NtotheTC posted:

I agree with "Overwatch dead in 6 months" guy. I played the beta and it's a very polished game. Unfortunately it's run by Blizzard who make Valve look like balance geniuses. Then they make an E-sports game with DIFFERENT CLASSES and they're going to get huffy and wonder why their forums are full of 12 year olds going "nerf X" "buff Y" "blizz remove Z from game" and then they're going to go "hmm, the best way to address balance is to add MORE classes/variance"

Sources: Every Blizzard game.

As an aside, I play neither of these lovely games anymore so my comments are fair and unbiased.

DOTA has 100 classes?

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Adding a million things is actually a totally reasonable way to balance if you want a balanced metagame rather than attempting to balance everything in relation to one another. That way you can leave the players to do the actual balancing themselves through picks/counter-picks, like in DotA. Some heroes just won't be competitive, or be extremely niche.

Overwatch is pretty fun right now, I don't think it will be dead in 6 months, but I also don't think I'll be talking about it in 5 years either. The only way I will be is if the game has absolutely insane amounts of added content, like how vanilla WoW bears little resemblance to whatever it is nowadays.

Playing OW as a solo player is basically playing solo MM except you can entertain yourself more easily doing whatever the hell you want. But the formula of the game as it is does not feel to me enough to sustain it indefinitely like CS. That's my take at least.

Capt. Sticl
Jul 24, 2002

In Zion I was meant to be
'Doze the homes
Block the sea
With this great ship at my command
I'll plunder all the Promised Land!
Maybe I'm talking from a niche perspective, but I feel like the longevity of a game is directly correlated with how fun it is to play while drunk.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Buller posted:

DOTA has 100 classes?

DOTA isn't run by Blizzard

Jeza posted:

Adding a million things is actually a totally reasonable way to balance if you want a balanced metagame rather than attempting to balance everything in relation to one another. That way you can leave the players to do the actual balancing themselves through picks/counter-picks, like in DotA. Some heroes just won't be competitive, or be extremely niche.

Sure, but again it's Blizzard. They get a complaint "this Zerg unit in Starcraft is too powerful as Terran, I can't win against it" and they go "You're RIGHT. We're adding a new ability to Terrans that insta-kills that specific unit! You're welcome!" Then the other race goes "Uh, now that unit is completely useless?" and they go "We think you're right too! Here, have a new unit in the expansion that fills the role we just destroyed!" ad nauseam. The reason they're so poo poo at balancing is that they have this stupid "we LISTEN to our playerbase" attitude. Which is dumb as poo poo because the playerbase is always going to be a moronic whiny bunch of autists. So instead of letting the playerbase figure it out, like you suggested, they interfere constantly.

I'll admit I don't know if they're doing this in Heroes of the Storm because I have never and will never play that game, but you can sub in WoW, SC2, Diablo, Hearthstone, and it holds up.

NtotheTC fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 2, 2016

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
OW needs better game modes. 'Stand in this square' and 'stand in a circle near this car/spaceship/cart' are not very deep. It's basically teamfights near varying setpieces right now

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Look I love CSGO as much as the next guy but y'all are being salty motherfuckers about Overwatch. It's fun, I and many others play it and it will stay relevant for a while at least. This has very little to do with csgo

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

CSGO...salty motherfuckers

checks out

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

This has very little to do with csgo

precisely which is why it puzzles me that these loving retards cant go 2 pages without carefully analyzing the inner workings of mobas as it applies to blizzard or some other asinine gay fag poo poo related to overwatch
it's really really astonishing

stump collector
May 28, 2007
https://clutchorkick.gg/2016/06/01/luminosity-misconduct-broken-leadership/

Steve Maida of LG getting taken to task by the most damning of information: skype chatlogs

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

Look I love CSGO as much as the next guy but y'all are being salty motherfuckers about Overwatch. It's fun, I and many others play it and it will stay relevant for a while at least. This has very little to do with csgo

Pretty clear you don't actually love CSGO as much as the next guy, because you are not comparing and relating every gaming experience to it :confused:

The problem here is that people keep talking about inferior game Overwatch in the CSGO thread, when they should be talking about glorious CSGO exclusively.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

exethan posted:

https://clutchorkick.gg/2016/06/01/luminosity-misconduct-broken-leadership/

Steve Maida of LG getting taken to task by the most damning of information: skype chatlogs

This is shady as gently caress, what the hell Maida.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

They need to just take all of the WoW battlegrounds and put them into Overwatch. A 3 point capture mode in OW would be absolutely insane.

Kwilty fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Jun 2, 2016

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

breaking news: Hiko to leave Liquid

https://clips.twitch.tv/hiko/ConcernedOkapiPoooound

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

after their embarrassing eleague performance, I'm not surprised. renegades looked better then they did

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Famethrowa posted:

after their embarrassing eleague performance, I'm not surprised. renegades looked better then they did

You know that's a video of his poster falling down on stream right

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Thom and the Heads posted:

You know that's a video of his poster falling down on stream right

like I actually watch the videos

stump collector
May 28, 2007
optic just crushed nip on cobble.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
hholy loly 16-3

real dilemma
Apr 12, 2007

exethan posted:

optic just crushed nip on cobble.

I know cbble was nip's pick and they dominated but I'm still super worried about optic being able to close them out

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
For good reason. Nip 10-1 RN

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I love how both teams lost their own map pick in a landslide.

Using that logic, maybe Train will be a nailbiter?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
http://plays.tv/video/5750b1f0d55b0c3c8c/the-d

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

symbolic posted:

Using that logic, maybe Train will be a nailbiter?
Put me up on the analyst desk.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

No poo poo, nice call. Find it pretty incredible that the series went 35-32 over three maps, pretty insane.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Wow ppl are super mad about pins

I think the pins are awesome lookin and everyone should get them all for free!

The pins are neat. I like my pin.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

My solid gold pin is still #1. And it was free :smug:

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
There really are too many nice pins than there are slots to display them!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
My friend played his first game on a real team today. I really want to play this game more now.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
S1mple probably back in liquid.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

adding this to my SLAM folder:

https://clyp.it/o4dpq1cm

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

symbolic posted:

https://twitter.com/Immortals_gg/status/738085399000535040

I don't follow League at all, but from what I've looked up, apparently their LoL team is very good and the owner is a cool guy, so I think Tempo Storm secured themselves a very good org.

maybe if they win enough games the two guys on the right can use the money to buy themselves necks :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Awesome Welles posted:

maybe if they win enough games the two guys on the right can use the money to buy themselves necks :unsmith:

lmao