Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Dacap posted:

Was this supposed to be a Thursday episode? They mention the show premieres "tomorrow" a few times

Noticed that too, figured it was probably the case and whatever was supposed to be Monday didn't work out or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dacap posted:

Was this supposed to be a Thursday episode? They mention the show premieres "tomorrow" a few times

It was supposed to be just ahead of the season premiere but the first ep ended up going live online a few days earlier.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Speaking of, I thought the new CBB tv ep was really solid. Ben Schwartz always kills as Rodney Waber, and Kevin Bacon knocked it out of the park, too, with Kevintown. Weird Al was also there.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
For a 60 year old guy who isnt a comedian/improviser/actor and just makes food parody songs and has a bunch of little kids as fans, Weird al is pretty cool

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
This tux rental ad is weird.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
weird but al. why not

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

soggybagel posted:

This tux rental ad is weird.

The only thing I can really think of that makes sense is that the 20 to 40 year old demographic is the most likely to be going to weddings or getting married right now so maybe that's the market they're going after? Otherwise it's kind of baffling.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Yeah, I have to admit, having gone to a few weddings the past few years, that ad definitely caught my ear in case I ever needed a tux and not just my one suit I wear to every fancy occasion.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Took the plunge and started the Howl trial. Player seems fine so far and the first live show was the funniest ep of CBB I've heard in ages. Very much appreciated PFT's shoutouts to the poor Howl listeners missing all the visual bits and getting more mattress ads.

I know there's an earwolf thread, but I wanted to ask the CBB fans (and hope that cams shows up with some kind of crazy curated list) - is there any other essential listening on Howl? I heard there was a new Gabrus thing which sounds cool, I'm not interested in the Botinarium and I've never listened to WTF before...

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
WTF is good. There are some required listening a like Gallagher and Mencia and Louis CK but generally you're good job going through the archive and finding people you like.

I really like Never Not Funny but it's long and rambly and I would definitely understand if someone wasn't into it.

Joel Stein's series is pretty good. Jerry Minor started a series about growing up as a Jehovah's Witness and the first episode is fascinating but has hasn't done another yet. Superego Forgotten Classics is amazing. Also You Know Me is really interesting and also I Was There, Too which isn't a Howl exclusive but I didn't know it was there until I got Howl.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Hardcore Game of Thrones is incredible (both production quality and content)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The Wild Horses Howl thing is pretty good too

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Everything Superego. And if you like Superego, Amanda Lund's show is very similar, and produced by Gourley.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Claudia ep today. Hyped.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

Hardcore Game of Thrones is incredible (both production quality and content)

ya this show is great if u like game of thrones

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Mess of an episode today, everyone seemed a bit of a mess. But I still really enjoyed it, Claudia is my spirit animal.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Improv4Humans is great, but I understand if the format or Besser himself turns you off. It's long form improv based on suggested words/questions/YouTubes, with a bunch of perverts and degenerates who strive to "Yes, And" as hard as they can.

Plus it has a bunch of CBB regulars on all the time, so you can experience the ever growing roster of one-time characters played by Lauren "rear end Master" Lapkus!

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Dacap posted:

I think the show schedule's been messed up ever since they skipped that Patton episode.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ManoliIsFat posted:

I think the show schedule's been messed up ever since they skipped that Patton episode.

What's this now?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

What's this now?

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/724610682604244993

Patton's wife died just before his special premiered / that pre-recorded CBB was scheduled to drop.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

WoG posted:

Patton's wife died just before his special premiered / that pre-recorded CBB was scheduled to drop.

And having been on the road for all of May with the tour, they were probably going through a long backlog of episodes recorded well in advance.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

VagueRant posted:

Took the plunge and started the Howl trial. Player seems fine so far and the first live show was the funniest ep of CBB I've heard in ages. Very much appreciated PFT's shoutouts to the poor Howl listeners missing all the visual bits and getting more mattress ads.

I know there's an earwolf thread, but I wanted to ask the CBB fans (and hope that cams shows up with some kind of crazy curated list) - is there any other essential listening on Howl? I heard there was a new Gabrus thing which sounds cool, I'm not interested in the Botinarium and I've never listened to WTF before...

WTF is essential. For many, many reasons but from Mel Brooks to Andy Samberg, it's the history of comedy of the last 60 years.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

from Mel Brooks to Andy Samberg, it's the history of YOUR GUYS of the last 60 years.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

WoG posted:

Ah thanks, I knew about Patton's wife ( :( ) but I missed Scott's tweet. I wonder if/when we'll hear it, especially with Patton gone for the summer.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

They have to scrub all the 'my wife!' jokes first.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Sinteres posted:

They have to scrub all the 'my wife!' jokes first.

Hahaha fuuuuuuuck.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Meaning Jews? Maron trying to act more Jewish when he has the older comedians on is funny

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

GoutPatrol posted:

Meaning Jews? Maron trying to act more Jewish when he has the older comedians on is funny

Pretty sure he means how Maron always asks "who's your guys?"

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

GoutPatrol posted:

no you dumdum i'm talking about :

The Senator Giroux posted:

Pretty sure he means how Maron always asks "who's your guys?"

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

American Netflix!

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Thanks for the Maron recommendations earlier, guys. Downloaded a bunch to check out. Also every ep of Hardcore Game Of Thrones - I am a book reader and so am curious, but wondering if I'll miss anything for never having heard Hardcore History...

Also just realised, you can get all those old individually priced premium CBB eps on Howl, right? Helluva backlog!

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

American Netflix!
How is this the only post acknowledging a new Benny Schwass episode?

I do legit feel bad for him that none of his friends watch House Of Lies though. :smith: (I also do not watch House of Lies. I saw an episode on a plane once, but I was aggressively trying to sleep through it soo...)

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
House of Pies is actually a really old show although I haven't seen the last season and a half or so. But it really is good.

Also if you like WTF you may be into The Comedians which is a book about the history of comedy that's just a series of interesting stories for the most part.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm mostly into wtf for the interviews with musicians, not sure why I'd want to hear about comedy or whatever.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

BANG BANG INTO YOUR MOOOOOUTH

I have watched 3 episodes of House of Piss and I did not like it and found it grossly boring. Elegant Mr S is still a fave guest especially when paired up with Barn Schwarts

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

Five minutes ago, I just finished listening to the last of every single episode of comedy bang bang. I've been listening for a year.

There's nothing left. It's all over. I feel as if there is a giant hole in my life.

life is a joke
Mar 7, 2016
have u watched the tv show

Billy the Mountain
Feb 3, 2005

I used to be TheRealLuquado

life is a joke posted:

have u watched the tv show

Hard time getting into it. Don't know why. Gonna try again next week.

ElCondemn
Aug 7, 2005

Billy the Mountain posted:

Hard time getting into it. Don't know why. Gonna try again next week.

Have you listened to all the live episodes?

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Five minutes ago, I just finished listening to the last of every single episode of comedy bang bang. I've been listening for a year.

There's nothing left. It's all over. I feel as if there is a giant hole in my life.

Do you have Howl? Get Howl and you got like 70 live episodes. I'm currently working through last month's live tour and just about every episode is Best Of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Every episode in a YEAR?! That's more than a podcast a day. How has Scott Aukerman's time-filling blabber not burned an actual hole in your MIND?!