Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Killer-of-Lawyers
Apr 22, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Zoux, stop making us look bad in uspol all the time! Our stupidity should just between us and the 25 million other Texans.

We even have our own thread right here to contain us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Maybe I'll show them this :twisted:
https://twitter.com/brianmrosenthal/status/738436746984095744

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

pretty drat thrifty imo

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Quandary posted:

I'm moving from Oregon to Dallas, what insanity can I expect to find in Texas politics?

We have such sights to show you.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
There's the suburbs and also the gentrification of oak cliff thriving bishop arts neighborhood!

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

....its less than I expected. Wonder what he is spending in defense of the guys who are on trial for editing the footage...

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

jaegerx posted:

Just support the Spurs. It's really the best option to have a somewhat happy existence.
This is true even if you completely do not give a poo poo about sports in general.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

CommieGIR posted:

....its less than I expected. Wonder what he is spending in defense of the guys who are on trial for editing the footage...

Yeah, that's my response. Honestly way less than I expected.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Back Hack posted:

Saying X has better BBQ than Texas is a good way to get shot and have the cops look the away.

Also, putting beans in chili is a capital offense.

Also remember the Alamo, even though there is very little proof of what actually occurred there.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

blackguy32 posted:

Also, putting beans in chili is a capital offense.

This is stupid. You put whatever the gently caress your want in chili because we're Texans, by God, and we do what we want.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

This seems really low tbh.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

The Mandingo posted:

This is stupid. You put whatever the gently caress your want in chili because we're Texans, by God, and we do what we want.

-Except- for putting beans in chili.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
kidney or pinto beans in chili is drat delicious

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Beans are a good cheap source of protein and chili is inherently a peasant food so shut the hell up with your wrong opinion and just make it however makes you feel good maaaaaan.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

kidney or pinto beans in chili is drat delicious

The Mandingo posted:

Beans are a good cheap source of protein and chili is inherently a peasant food so shut the hell up with your wrong opinion and just make it however makes you feel good maaaaaan.

Alright back to New York City with both of you.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
I see how the yokels from rural Texas could confuse the big city of Dallas with NYC, but I'm actually a Texan by birth.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

I put pinto beans in everything, including chill.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

You can put the chili -on- the beans and mix them in. That's fine.

e_angst
Sep 20, 2001

by exmarx

citybeatnik posted:

You can put the chili -on- the beans and mix them in. That's fine.

This right here is the Texas equivalent of a wise rabbinical judgement.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

More importantly, Texas chili doesn't have tomatoes.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tmxz9NSoqM

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 3, 2016

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Let's stop making declarations about what can or can't or must be in chili and agree that anything except Cincinnati chili is good.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

1stGear posted:

gently caress it, I'm throwing in fully with the old hippies. Purge all Californians, ban all further development, make ACL one weekend. Make Austin Weird Again.

BAN LAWN CHAIRS AT ACL gently caress ALL YOU OLD MOTHERFUCKERS SIT ON THE drat GRASS JESUS loving CHRIST

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

zoux posted:

Alright back to New York City with both of you.

I happen to be a native Texan thank-you-very-much :colbert: Beans (undrained) + Rotel (undrained) + Tomato Sauce + Onion + Meat + Spices = Yummy Chili

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

blackguy32 posted:

I was looking at the app for getme, and people are upset that the prices are so high. Never mind that is probably what a reasonable rate is to actually pay your drivers decently.

"Mission Accomplished" - Uber

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I can still have burracho beans, right? In the same meal as my chilli?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

zoux posted:

Look at the guy who's never felt the swelling ecstasy of righteous indignation.

https://twitter.com/TWCNewsAustin/status/738444116296491008

Oh wouldn't it be grand if this was something.

They're our idiots, Zoux, keep them away from the lesser states in the uspol thread please.

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

I ate at the chili parlor in Austin today and had no bean chili. But catch this: there were beans on the side, and I mixed them in.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hot Dog Day #91 posted:

I ate at the chili parlor in Austin today and had no bean chili. But catch this: there were beans on the side, and I mixed them in.

That place is where all the Republicans hang out, no surprise hosed up poo poo happens there.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Hi I'd like to share a song written by a Mr. Ken Finlay of San Marcos Texas titled "If You Know Beans About Chili, You Know That Chili Has No Beans":

You burn some mesquite
And when the coals get hot
You bunk up some meat
And you throw it on a pot.
While some chile pods and garlic
And comino and stuff
Then you add a little salt
Till there's just enough
You can throw in some onions
To make it smell good
You can even add tomatoes
If you feel like you should
But if you know beans about chili
You know that chili has no beans

If you know beans about chili
You know it didn't come from Mexico
Chili was God's gift to Texas
(Or maybe it came from down below)
And chili doesn't go with macaroni
And dammed Yankee's don't go with chili queens;
And if you know beans about chili
You know that chili has no beans

tl;dr = get hosed bean-havers-in-chili

Hot Dog Day #91
Jun 19, 2003

Badger of Basra posted:

That place is where all the Republicans hang out, no surprise hosed up poo poo happens there.

Yeah I feel like I was eating next to Sid Miller. It's very close to my building though, and it's got a great dark atmosphere for doing dark deeds.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Badger of Basra posted:

Good rear end chili though. Huge chunks of beef instead of ground, love that place.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Beans in chili totally makes sense if you're inbred hill people from Kentucky and you need some beans to cover up the lack of meat when squirrel hunting isn't going so hot. It's like putting sawdust in your bread during wartime. But in the land of plentiful, cheap beef there's no excuse for this poo poo.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Beans in chili totally makes sense if you're inbred hill people from Kentucky and you need some beans to cover up the lack of meat when squirrel hunting isn't going so hot. It's like putting sawdust in your bread during wartime. But in the land of plentiful, cheap beef there's no excuse for this poo poo.

Don't forget the California's think torchys has authenticate Mexican food.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
It's no wonder considering what people in The Mission think is a burrito.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

zoux posted:

Good rear end chili though. Huge chunks of beef instead of ground, love that place.

Yeah I wish the Democrats had the chili parlor instead of Scholz Garten.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

blackguy32 posted:

I was looking at the app for getme, and people are upset that the prices are so high. Never mind that is probably what a reasonable rate is to actually pay your drivers decently.

My roommate said he is never going to use getme because, he said, one of the city council members on Austin is an investor/owner/something of getme and conspired to make things as difficult as possible for Uber/Lyft.

:rolleyes:

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

CommieGIR posted:

Probably still less than his calf-roping competitions in the South.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

jaegerx posted:

Don't forget the California's think torchys has authenticate Mexican food.

I moved here from Cali and know a lot of others who did, and none of them have ever said this. They think Torchy's is tasty for sure but also understand it's very Americanized.

Keep in mind Cali also has really good (actually authentic) Mexican food, despite Texan beliefs that the only (actually authentic) Mexican food in the US is in Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

enraged_camel posted:

I moved here from Cali and know a lot of others who did,

mmmhmmm