Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I hope she's just getting warmed up. Like, that her whole team has been playing softball against Bernie and now they're shooting bourbon trying to bring out the mean animal inside before writing speeches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Hillary Clinton goes back to that "Donald Trump talked about Kim Jong Un's ascent to power like he was recapping an action movie" line except she says Game of Thrones instead and goes "So he's totally Joffrey, right? That's not just me?"

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I like listening to NPR during my commute.

Sometimes I listen to NPR and I hear something that sets the slow cogs of my mind in a new direction. Recently there have been a few stories about parents with transgender kids (kids as in under 10). These positive stories show how parents and other kids can accept a transgender child. I never considered the idea of transgender children, or that it is possible to be transgender at such a young age. Then again, it was not possible to be a transgender child during previous decades. And since gender identify doesn't correspond with sexual orientation, maybe gender identity is just a consequence of social expectations. Man, gently caress gender identies. Unisex everything. I want to wear skirts drat it. loving pants sucks in this hot and humid Texas weather.

Then I arrive at work.

Robes MUST become fashionable again

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Let's take a step back and wait to see how this plays out for a couple of days before we call it, he's looked hosed before.

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I hope she's just getting warmed up. Like, that her whole team has been playing softball against Bernie and now they're shooting bourbon trying to bring out the mean animal inside before writing speeches.

She hasn't hit Bernie hard because she doesn't want to alienate his base any more than she already does by just existing.

She has no such restriction against Trump.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Grondoth posted:

Robes MUST become fashionable again

Capes

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/status/738482331422314496

lol i really hope we run patrick morrisey out on a rail because he is a piece of poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ron Jeremy posted:

Michelle could dunk over Hillary

You know that those are all pro ball players because no one else would tower over FLOTUS like that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Ron Jeremy posted:

Michelle could dunk over Hillary

I'm gonna miss the Obama's soooooo much. :smith:

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Epic High Five posted:

I doubt it's that the media suddenly grew a spine, it's probably more "oh hey, it turns out people will tune in to see Trump get brutally savaged as well and this is way easier, hmmmmmmm"

Hopefully CNN slowly comes to the realization that Americans are perfectly fine tuning into a daily roast of Trump and hate him enough that they won't worry about being fair or whatever the gently caress that means in journalism terms nowadays

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Dexo posted:

I'm gonna miss the Obamas soooooo much. :smith:

Completely agreed, I doubt we'll see a President as relatable in quite some time.

Also, quietly fixing your grammar.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Gonna enjoy the handwringing of how films are responsible for someone's brain problems.

Yeah, bad luck for the film makers that the word purge had no definition relating to mass killing of undesirable people before their movie.
Moral panics are stupid.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

DACK FAYDEN posted:

The Huey P. Newton Gun Club was great, and I'm sure we'll all agree, so what's the problem?

The direct connections to the NOI are problematic, much like the NBPP, but yes they're hilarious and very good at scaring white people.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Completely agreed, I doubt we'll see a President as relatable in quite some time.

Also, quietly fixing your grammar.

Funny how the big "elitist" Democrat is someone who you both could and probably should have a beer with if you had the opportunity, while those politicians who you "could have a beer with" are all actually unrelatable teetotalers.

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

nachos posted:

Hopefully CNN slowly comes to the realization that Americans are perfectly fine tuning into a daily roast of Trump and hate him enough that they won't worry about being fair or whatever the gently caress that means in journalism terms nowadays

I've been wondering about this too. Trump has benefited from America's obsessive attention on celebrity figures and has spun that into a political strength. However, we also really enjoy mocking those same celebrities with glee, so it seems like a tenuous position.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Aliquid posted:

Hillary's live on the tv kicking the poo poo out of Donald, at least better than I expected

If that's all he's got, it's gonna be a long five months for Trump.

And thanks Paul Ryan, sorry about your 2020 plans!

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Funny how the big "elitist" Democrat is someone who you both could and probably should have a beer with if you had the opportunity, while those politicians who you "could have a beer with" are all actually unrelatable teetotalers.

I'd love to get wine drunk with Hillary and talk about policy. And Congressional dirty laundry. Maybe play some Chess.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

I can't wait to see how he accuses her of misrepresenting him on foreign policy when they are face to face.

edit: his supporters like his know-nothing approach to foreign policy now but I think they are going to like it a lot less when he is arguing with someone who has lived it for a decade.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Crooked Hillary Clinton, who I would love to call Lyin' Hillary

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Sir Tonk posted:

Crooked Hillary Clinton, who I would love to call Lyin' Hillary

Hey man, Scoliosis is a harsh disease.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
"Imagine him [Donald Trump] deciding whether to send your spouses or children into battle."

Yeah, that's a good line from Clinton. Gonna have to agree that this is a good strategy to use. Constantly.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Kinda hard to be a "Serious" player when your entire playbook limited by the twitter word/letter limit.(also I jokingly think that Twiiter should just ban him for losing when he loses)

Also dont feel sorry for Ryan.

1)Last name is a first name.
2)Got a soup kitchen shut down in 2012 so he could "pretend" to clean dishes
3) lovely human with lovely gop ideas
4) the gym photo op
5)music

edit:

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Obama homebrews, wasn't the last prez to do that literally a found father?

I remember some Super Bowl stuff of him trying out a porter/stout. Good man.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Lindsay Graham seems like a blast and isn't a teetotaler. I bet John Beohner would be great to have a few boilermakers with.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Sir Tonk posted:

Okay, honest question. Does Trump have a psychological disorder or something? The way he writes and talks he comes off like he's not entirely aware of whats happening around him.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is it too early to start thinking about who HRC will pick for VP?

Julian Castro.

Weird people say Warren even though there's no reason to pick her or for her to accept it.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

How long until he just calls her a oval office or something and nukes his campaign?

More likely he'll just slip and call her a bitch during a debate or make a similarly bad "women need to know their place" or "you couldn't make your husband happy and so he fucks around" comment and Clinton will jump on him, perhaps literally, for it.

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

I like listening to NPR during my commute.

Sometimes I listen to NPR and I hear something that sets the slow cogs of my mind in a new direction. Recently there have been a few stories about parents with transgender kids (kids as in under 10). These positive stories show how parents and other kids can accept a transgender child. I never considered the idea of transgender children, or that it is possible to be transgender at such a young age. Then again, it was not possible to be a transgender child during previous decades. And since gender identify doesn't correspond with sexual orientation, maybe gender identity is just a consequence of social expectations. Man, gently caress gender identies. Unisex everything. I want to wear skirts drat it. loving pants sucks in this hot and humid Texas weather.

Then I arrive at work.

Kilts are a thing, though most people in Texas probably won't know the different between a kilt and a skirt.

Don't get a utilikit because they're a huge ripoff.

FAUXTON posted:

All the while, news about the progress of Trump's fraud university lawsuit gets dripped into the news as it happens, with all the fanfare and cut graphics of a plane crash.

The lawsuit's trial isn't until after the election even though it should've been because having a presidential candidate at the center of a massive fraud empire is pretty loving important.

Maybe Hilary can bring up his veteran charity fraud instead and how Trump claimed to raise a bunch of money for vets but didn't actually do so until he started getting called out on it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I love the subtle self-own implied in "who I wish I could call Lyin' Hillary"

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Okay, honest question. Does Trump have a psychological disorder or something? The way he writes and talks he comes off like he's not entirely aware of whats happening around him.

Trump has no idea how to fight someone who isn't intimidated by him. Hillary's willing to look Trump in the eye and call him a shithead, and I'm not sure that's something Trump has ever confronted.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think this will be a wake up call for Trump where you see him try to seem Presidential and try to tone it down. Unfortunately, he is Donald Trump and I do not think he knows how to tone anything down.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I think this will be a wake up call for Trump where you see him try to seem Presidential and try to tone it down. Unfortunately, he is Donald Trump and I do not think he knows how to tone anything down.

calling a judge mexican is toning it down?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Is it too early to start thinking about who HRC will pick for VP?

After this week, with the OT rules, the Verizon settlement? Tom Perez

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Luminous Obscurity posted:

Prester John has spoken to this already but he seems like a clinical case study of Narcissistic Personality Disorder and he's completely high on his own supply of attention and self-validation.

I have a family member with NPD and realization that they're not quite there happens slowly but surely every time.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Some of Hillary's attacks are some low-tier permutations on the "u mad?" trap. She's going to need more than just dank memes to get my vote.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

PhazonLink posted:

Obama homebrews, wasn't the last prez to do that literally a found father?

I remember some Super Bowl stuff of him trying out a porter/stout. Good man.

Carter made home brewery legal, so I'd like to think he did as well. Either way, another reason he's so underrated.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

duz posted:

Carter made home brewery legal, so I'd like to think he did as well. Either way, another reason he's so underrated.

Winemaking, actually.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

After this week, with the OT rules, the Verizon settlement? Tom Perez

It's a non-sexy pick, but I think he'd be good.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Freakazoid_ posted:

Some of Hillary's attacks are some low-tier permutations on the "u mad?" trap. She's going to need more than just dank memes to get my vote.

Good thing she spent 35 minutes on the "he's an America-hating lunatic who picked a fight with the god drat Pope" thing today.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

:3:
I've a friend who worked under him in the early 10s and she has nothing but the kindest things to say about him.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Trump doesn't think he's doing anything wrong though, he's created an echo chamber for his campaign staff and he's reveling in it. In his deluded mind his stupid tweets about "Crooked Hillary" put her back in her place. Undoubtedly the people around him are fluffing him up going "you've done it again Don!"

The last time Trump tried to be "Presidential" was when he held that press conference after some primary win where he displayed his unbelievable ignorance regarding foreign policy.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jun 3, 2016

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I didn't know that. Cool - I'll have to throw that in my dad's face if he ever bitches about Carter: "Hey dad, you know your hobby? Guess who you have to thank for for that?:smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Majorian posted:

I didn't know that. Cool - I'll have to throw that in my dad's face if he ever bitches about Carter: "Hey dad, you know your hobby? Guess who you have to thank for for that?:smug:"

Yeah, legalizing all forms of home/micro brewing is truly Carter's legacy for us (cause we're alcoholics).

• Locked thread