Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

mno shimm y is the movign back and forth. i mean when they light atk as if they re about do to some block string but then gehtey just throw u. react to taht poo poo? impsossible

it sounds like you block too much

whoops i meant

ist soudnds laiek ou blockc tom uch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

AnonSpore posted:

The unmoving shimmy.........

So this is the power of satsui no walko

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
I used to play this game until I was consumed by the setsuo no playo

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I used to be a street fighter like you...then I took a money from sony

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

for you the day capcom released a bad street fighter was the most dissappointing day of your life. for capcom...it was tuesday

Krakhan
Oct 13, 2005

I see you.
Street Fighter V causing brain damage, confirmed.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Intel&Sebastian posted:

So this is the power of satsui no walko

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
They'd need to patch damage in first before giving it to anyone.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

They'd need to patch damage in first before giving it to anyone.

Boom. Headshot

cams
Mar 28, 2003

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/02/updates-on-street-fighter-v-development-vol-1

quote:

Reports of Input Delay

We have heard reports of input delay and have shared it with the development team. They are currently looking into the reports and we will let you know as soon as we find out more.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

I don't really get what they think they'll gain by using such evasive language at this point. I have a hard time believing everyone in Capcom's western offices all have guns held to their head just in case they utter the phrase "8 frames".

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Crown Face posted:

I don't really get what they think they'll gain by using such evasive language at this point. I have a hard time believing everyone in Capcom's western offices all have guns held to their head just in case they utter the phrase "8 frames".
because the "they" using evasive language is haunts. i have no problem believing that there is zero communication between people who actually work on the development of street fighter v and people who's job it is to talk to humans.

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
Yeah I get that much, I work in a similar capacity in the western branch of a major Asian game developer. I don't speak with the developers much at all, but in community management, he should be allowed to at least speak like a human when interacting with the community.

I don't know anything about Capcom's corporate structure, but I just don't understand why he wouldn't use the terminology that's already accepted by the community unless he's being told not to.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
haunts sounds less like a community manager and more like a press release which is bad

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

That's the most corporate response I've ever heard, amazing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

I'm hollerin'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've been reading a bunch of Paradox Dev Diaries recently and the difference between those and this and is staggering lol

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
SFV is a game that is for CORPORATE ATTITUDE.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Congrats to Capcom for not allowing one of their community managers to sound like a person meanwhile KI has the friendliest people around.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Congrats to Capcom for not allowing one of their community managers to sound like a person meanwhile KI has the friendliest people around.

Even NRS has better community interaction (except when they killed MKX PC).

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Baal posted:

Arcsys's communication policy can be described as *crickets chirping*.

I think it's a Japan thing

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

attackmole posted:

Arcsys's communication policy can be described as *crickets chirping*.

I think it's a Japan thing

No communication and then suddenly patch notes is preferable to shooting yourself in the foot with corporate speak.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Dias posted:

Even NRS has better community interaction (except when they killed MKX PC).

that's a very big "except"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Fawf posted:

that's a very big "except"

It is, and the way it was handled was terrible. Bad enough that I'll not really buy another NRS game on PC unless things REALLY change next iteration. Like, an actual well-regarded PC port company and WB not publishing it, or overwhelmingly positive feedback on the port.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/738548155201921024

71% votes for "yes" so far. It would be funny if she were allowed and then it would turn out that she has some weird bug that fucks up matches or something.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Big Scary Owl posted:

https://twitter.com/EvilMrWizard/status/738548155201921024

71% votes for "yes" so far. It would be funny if she were allowed and then it would turn out that she has some weird bug that fucks up matches or something.

From a competitive standpoint, two weeks is too short of a time period for people to learn a matchup or the character at a decent level, and some dirt might slip by and catch better players by surprise.

From my standpoint gently caress all y'all and your boring game, IBUKIIII

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
This game isn't that deep so it's not as big of a deal TBH

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Ibuki will have some meta-breaking tech that Tokido will bust out in grand finals and it'll be glorious.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It was cool when the Smash community banned the new characters at Evo even though they had been out for like 8 weeks or something

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I got a big cut on my thumb so I haven't played for a couple weeks and tonight I made some Silver guy with rage quit in my first match and it made me feel pretty good.

Then I dropped every combo the next five matches but at like least I got that guy to quit to avoid losing stupid ranking points so the night is a win in my book.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Constellation I posted:

Ibuki will have some meta-breaking tech that Tokido will bust out in grand finals and it'll be glorious.

hosed up that ibuki will break up the shimmy meta with the return of crouch tech

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
She'll shimmy in three dimensions

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pomp posted:

No communication and then suddenly patch notes is preferable to shooting yourself in the foot with corporate speak.

I want the dub back pomp

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Dias posted:

It is, and the way it was handled was terrible. Bad enough that I'll not really buy another NRS game on PC unless things REALLY change next iteration. Like, an actual well-regarded PC port company and WB not publishing it, or overwhelmingly positive feedback on the port.

I'll never buy another NRS game as a result.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
NRS patching the game in the middle of a major was fun times

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008
According to Capcom's Japanese blog, the whole Ibuki debacle is Capcom USA's fault because that DLC roadmap wasn't meant to be official. The roadmap was only made "official" and released based on Capcom USA's own decision - they don't have a public roadmap in Japan.

If that's actually true and not just Japan throwing their US offices under the bus, then that's pretty incredible.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
https://twitter.com/fubarduck/status/738596808042024961

Every time I think Capcom is done being really dumb they manage to get even funnier

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Capcom's... Pretty good.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Crown Face posted:

According to Capcom's Japanese blog, the whole Ibuki debacle is Capcom USA's fault because that DLC roadmap wasn't meant to be official. The roadmap was only made "official" and released based on Capcom USA's own decision - they don't have a public roadmap in Japan.

If that's actually true and not just Japan throwing their US offices under the bus, then that's pretty incredible.
lmfao, this is getting better all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Baal posted:

Capcom's... Pretty good.

for me to poop on.