Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

RideTheSpiral posted:

Germany has too many keepers

Too soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

That's a bit generous

Not really, Moyes had them fighting for 5th place consistently every season

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Starsnostars posted:

The Mirror are saying that Everton will give Koeman

- £7m per season
- £100m budget
- 100% of whatever Lukaku goes for
- new stadium guarantee

If that's true I can see why he'd leave us for them.

I would never leave us for Everton, give me the job

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

sassassin posted:

Competition at goalkeeper has never improved a team. Prove me wrong.

Every great side has an undisputed number 1 and some idiot who never gets to play.

m8 youre real stupid

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Holy poo poo if PSG really offered 46m for Coutinho we'd be loving morons not to accept that.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

lol

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

RideTheSpiral posted:

m8 youre real stupid

Prove me wrong, bitch.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

vyelkin posted:

Holy poo poo if PSG really offered 46m for Coutinho we'd be loving morons not to accept that.

Part of me agrees since Coutinho is currently inconsistent. At the same time, he's still young and improving and I'm pretty tired of every promising Liverpool player without injury issues moving away before any sustained improvement in the side league finishes can take place. (Then again, that's the lot of every fan of every club that's not Real Madrid, Barca, or Bayern Munich so maybe I should just accept that he's leaving.)

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RideTheSpiral posted:

m8 youre real stupid

He is, but he's also right.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
hmm there's a little team called Barca with two #1 keepers and they seem to be winning quite a few things

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

blue footed boobie posted:

He is, but he's also right.

wth boobie

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

i lust for german keeper death

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

hmm there's a little team called Barca with two #1 keepers and they seem to be winning quite a few things

Tiny team Barca have never won the Premier League

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Part of me agrees since Coutinho is currently inconsistent. At the same time, he's still young and improving and I'm pretty tired of every promising Liverpool player without injury issues moving away before any sustained improvement in the side league finishes can take place. (Then again, that's the lot of every fan of every club that's not Real Madrid, Barca, or Bayern Munich so maybe I should just accept that he's leaving.)

Yeah but he's not worth 46m, same way Sterling wasn't worth 49m. One trick to being a non-Madrid, non-Barca, non-Bayern club these days is selling your players when they're really overvalued by one of the super rich teams and using that money to buy more and better players. Hopefully Klopp can help with the second part because in the last few years we haven't been great at reinvesting that kind of money.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Seems pointless to sign a guy who's neither significantly better nor worse than their pretty good keeper.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Monday Bandele posted:

Seems pointless to sign a guy who's neither significantly better nor worse than their pretty good keeper.

is this all a conspiracy to do my head in?

they signed a very good number 2 keeper because they are premier league champions and their current number 2 keeper is 50 years old

im melting down

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Zieler is a German international in his prime and won't be happy as a backup behind lil Kasper

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Monday Bandele posted:

Zieler is a German international in his prime and won't be happy as a backup behind lil Kasper

he'll be livid when he realises he accidentally signed for Leicester as kaspers backup

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Schmeichel also only has 2 years left on his deal, so Zieler is good insurance in case Kasper refuses to extend his contract and ends up getting sold for a lot of money.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Spanish Dave might be English for a while longer. De Gea has apparently said to the press, and I quote:

David de Gea posted:

People talk a lot and they know little. I've got three more years on my contract with MUFC and the desire to win more titles here.

He also sounds chuffed to be working with Jose, which he would be after years of Moyes and LVG. Also, Zidane has told the Real board that Navas is "untransferable" and wants a contract extension / retuning to happen immediately, so they might not be that hot on him right now anyway.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

El Hefe posted:

Makes you wonder if something fishy is going on

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

El Hefe posted:

Which one started in the CL final this year?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Der Shovel posted:

Spanish Dave might be English for a while longer. De Gea has apparently said to the press, and I quote:

He also sounds chuffed to be working with Jose, which he would be after years of Moyes and LVG. Also, Zidane has told the Real board that Navas is "untransferable" and wants a contract extension / retuning to happen immediately, so they might not be that hot on him right now anyway.

Navas is better than De Gea and it sounds like everyone realises it.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
City have a Navas if United are desperate to trade for De Gea

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

City have a Navas if United are desperate to trade for De Gea

Mmm yes, just what United needs. Another winger who can't cross the ball.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
David de Gea staying at Manchester United is bad for the sport.

vyelkin posted:

Yeah but he's not worth 46m, same way Sterling wasn't worth 49m. One trick to being a non-Madrid, non-Barca, non-Bayern club these days is selling your players when they're really overvalued by one of the super rich teams and using that money to buy more and better players. Hopefully Klopp can help with the second part because in the last few years we haven't been great at reinvesting that kind of money.

Well, it's not been that money doesn't get reinvested decently, but by the time you got those new players to be good again, they want to leave. This approach (at least when done by renowned Cool & Nice but Kind of Stupid Liverpool FC) doesn't lead to the kind of immediate improvements or maintenance of progress that would justify the constant chopping and changing.

You get a high fee from a player sale, but does that offset the money drop from lack of CL qualification and lower place league finishes? What separates Liverpool from clubs like Ajax or Porto or even Southampton, who manage to ride out these transfers, is that they have decent (if not great) spines whereas Liverpool haven't been close to that shape since Alonso and Mascherano were still around. Sometimes you just have to hold on to a guy.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Ajax are garbage now.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
And Liverpool almost won the league after Alonso and Mascherano were long gone. Strange post imo.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Glad to post on the same board as the guy that thinks Coutinho is worth 60 million pounds. Wake the gently caress up.

Marc Bartra to Borussia Dortmund is a done deal

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/738788611127189504

Weaponized Cum fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 3, 2016

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

sassassin posted:

And Liverpool almost won the league after Alonso and Mascherano were long gone. Strange post imo.

They could've maybe really won if Alonso played instead of Gerrard against Chelsea.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Weaponized Cum posted:

Glad to post on the same board as the guy that thinks Coutinho is worth 60 million pounds. Wake the gently caress up.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
They support a club that got £50m for Sterling a year before TV money went up by a third, its not that outrageous in a world where transfer fees haven't been connected to player quality for about a decade

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
https://mobile.twitter.com/StuartJamesGNM/status/738791141663989760

This is a load of poo poo surely lol

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
chat poo poo get 4th

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the guardian is not usually trash but yeah idk about that one

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Surely Leicester could just trigger the clause themselves since they are in the Champions League.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Weaponized Cum posted:

Marc Bartra to Borussia Dortmund is a done deal

https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona/status/738788611127189504

Barca getting rid of all the defenders might not be a good idea

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

El Hefe posted:

Barca getting rid of all the defenders might not be a good idea

They're probably offloading cheaper players to keep paying contract extensions for MSN.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sassassin posted:

Navas is better than De Gea and it sounds like everyone realises it.

Honestly I don't think there's much separating them, and it's probably a case of one being better than the other in some areas, the reverse in others. But unlike De Gea, Navas won't cost them a whole bunch of money so there's probably not much sense in them going for him right now.

• Locked thread