Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

glug posted:

Life skills rule:

Lookit dem quest reward shards baby.

Ah gently caress those are in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

J
Jun 10, 2001

glug posted:

Life skills rule:

:wth:

Didn't you get the memo this is a pvp game and anyone doing anything besides getting into pissing matches at sausans 24/7 should uninstall.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

glug posted:

Life skills rule:

What have you been doing to level up Alchemy? I've been making shitloads of Clear Liquid Reagent and Pure Powder Reagent. Seems to be moving along fairly well, wasn't sure what else might be good to craft a ton of though.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
The alchemy guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/blackdesertonline/comments/4cnece/alchemy_guide_getting_to_skilled_5/

And once you get up to it, the alchemy dailies in olvia are great xp for a while. Still like 1% each or somesuch at professional levels, and some of them you're making anyway.

More argument for dealing with the shithole that is Olvia:

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/44638-guide-to-daily-quests-for-gathering-in-olivia/

That's right.. guild has a gathering quest for logs? Pick up 7 different quests for the poo poo you're getting anyway, get a ton of gathering xp for turning them in.

If you're in the skilled range and looking to get up to artisan faster, these dailies are fantastic.

edit: oh yeah
For crafting, I always take the advancement quests. Not just the 10, 20, 30 poo poo, but like when you pass by a middle of nowhere place and some guy has cooking level 19, 21, 23 quests for you.. do 'em. They all give solid xp gains in the end. And it's less monotonous than just grinding out 70,000 soft breads.

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Does Porgy still play this game

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Nobody plays anymore. I had to solo a few scrolls before they expired because goontang is so empty that you would have better luck finding a scrolls group on pubbie chat. But we're saving money for the eventual castle we're getting!!!

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

flyboi posted:

Nobody plays anymore. I had to solo a few scrolls before they expired because goontang is so empty that you would have better luck finding a scrolls group on pubbie chat. But we're saving money for the eventual castle we're getting!!!

Nevertheless, in true goon fashion the handful of active members left in Goontang are on the brink of a splinter as the "random PvP is fun and we should declare wars for the hell of it" camp squares off against the "random PvP is not fun and interrupts the pursuit of my personal goals" camp. Add in an absentee guild leader and you're left with a bunch of officers in the different camps undermining eachother via passive-aggressive war decs and undecs, patronizing "advice," moving goalposts, and double standards. Like every pre-splinter, it's a hilarious slow-motion train wreck.

boho fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jun 3, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

boho posted:

Nevertheless, in true goon fashion the handful of active members left in Goontang are on the brink of a splinter as the "random PvP is fun and we should declare wars for the hell of it" camp squares off against the "random PvP is not fun and interrupts the pursuit of my personal goals" camp. Add in an absentee guild leader and you're left with a bunch of officers in the different camps undermining eachother via passive-aggressive war decs and undecs, patronizing "advice," moving goalposts, and double standards. Like every pre-splinter, it's a hilarious slow-motion train wreck.

id gladly pass lead but changing guild leader literally means losing half the guild funds for no logical reason

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

boho posted:

so basically the only entertaining thing about this game is being in the clusterfuck of a goon guild

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

boho posted:

your personal goals can be achieved just as easily on another channel since our enemies are mostly on balenos1

by all means keep "trolling" everybody puppet master

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

:allears: this just in, in all internet arguments ever, someone having a different opinion than you is a troll.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Clocks posted:

:allears: this just in, in all internet arguments ever, someone having a different opinion than you is a troll.

he was trying to act proud of "pushing peoples buttons" so I am not sure where your comment applies

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

id gladly pass lead but changing guild leader literally means losing half the guild funds for no logical reason

It's not like we're spending them wisely now or have anything big to save up for. No strong reason for you to abdicate though.

Though lol @ our wardecs at the moment.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
I can't decide which is my favorite argument.

The argument about if we should PvP, or the argument about who has the worst luck.

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Thank god this thread picks up where the albion thread left off, now whos going to steal the pre splinter guild bank?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Jokes on you, nobody can actually access the guild bank. It's just for guild missions and castles we'll never compete for.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

GreatestNerdEver posted:

he was trying to act proud of "pushing peoples buttons" so I am not sure where your comment applies

I'm responding to you quoting his post which had nothing (from my perspective) wrong or trolly about it. There literally are two types of players in the guild currently and it's definitely causing animosity between both "camps."

Your issue with boho stems from the day you basically elected yourself as new guild leader and he spoke out against it. I remember that day because you complained in guild chat how he was "passive aggressive" and "being a troll" but here's some news for you cupcake - he's not the only one with that opinion, just one of the couple people that bothered to say anything about it. You kicking him out last night because he dared have a different opinion about PVP in this game (which you will say it was because he was "trolling" you, in which case I point to my previous post) is frankly an example of bad leadership. Because here's the deal, this is a guild of random people from a random website and not everyone playing this game is playing it with the same goals in mind and if you want to be a successful leader you will need to learn how to work around that instead of berating people who have different playstyles than you.

Trying to rag on me for not contributing this past week when I'm the #2 top contributor is also loving hilarious because all that's doing is sending me a signal that it doesn't matter if I participate in missions because it's somehow not good enough for ~reasons~. There are dozens of people who have been in the guild for weeks and participate even less than I do but you have a personal issue so you tried to attack me about it. Keep up the good leadership, friend. :allears:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone who actually wants guild leadership should in fact be kicked out immediately, if not sooner.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

DancingShade posted:

Anyone who actually wants guild leadership should in fact be kicked out immediately, if not sooner.

What if the person saying they dont want to be leader secretly wants to be leader and you never know?

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
PnR Refugees ruining everything they touch

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Nah, these dumb arguments predate you guys.

Also, RIP our best pvpers.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Clocks posted:

I'm responding to you quoting his post which had nothing (from my perspective) wrong or trolly about it. There literally are two types of players in the guild currently and it's definitely causing animosity between both "camps."

Your issue with boho stems from the day you basically elected yourself as new guild leader and he spoke out against it. I remember that day because you complained in guild chat how he was "passive aggressive" and "being a troll" but here's some news for you cupcake - he's not the only one with that opinion, just one of the couple people that bothered to say anything about it. You kicking him out last night because he dared have a different opinion about PVP in this game (which you will say it was because he was "trolling" you, in which case I point to my previous post) is frankly an example of bad leadership. Because here's the deal, this is a guild of random people from a random website and not everyone playing this game is playing it with the same goals in mind and if you want to be a successful leader you will need to learn how to work around that instead of berating people who have different playstyles than you.

Trying to rag on me for not contributing this past week when I'm the #2 top contributor is also loving hilarious because all that's doing is sending me a signal that it doesn't matter if I participate in missions because it's somehow not good enough for ~reasons~. There are dozens of people who have been in the guild for weeks and participate even less than I do but you have a personal issue so you tried to attack me about it. Keep up the good leadership, friend. :allears:

lol I don't give a gently caress if boho wants me to be leader or not, that puppet master routine he was pulling last night while admonishing PvP at the same time admitting he was helping to cause those guilds to declare on us, gave me a good reason to give him a break and relieve him of his pvp woes

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
One thing that's sorta confusing from someone that joined Goontang last week is:

A) No one forcing anyone to pvp. Help is nice but ultimately you do what you find fun and I don't think anyone has issues with that?
B) You can literally change to 1 of 10+ channels if you want to farm/boss in peace
C) Why is everyone so mad in mumble???? Its awkward and embarrassing as hell to be in there

PS. That little pvp help session we did for Emberfiraga was lot of fun and we should host those more often. Things are documented so poorly that it's always better having someone just walk you through esoteric cancels and quirks of skills in pvp.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wassbix posted:

One thing that's sorta confusing from someone that joined Goontang last week is:

A) No one forcing anyone to pvp. Help is nice but ultimately you do what you find fun and I don't think anyone has issues with that?
B) You can literally change to 1 of 10+ channels if you want to farm/boss in peace
C) Why is everyone so mad in mumble???? Its awkward and embarrassing as hell to be in there

PS. That little pvp help session we did for Emberfiraga was lot of fun and we should host those more often. Things are documented so poorly that it's always better having someone just walk you through esoteric cancels and quirks of skills in pvp.

Goons are the worst people to play MMOs with :eng101:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

A is not in dispute, people are free to do what they want, but it would be nice if people made an effort to help people who need it regardless of what it involves.

B is why wars are fine, and C is why I don't sit in mumble or sit in it while deafened

and yes, that pvp session was lots of fun, I had a good time as did everyone involved.

Kyuzo
Aug 14, 2002

Wassbix posted:

This works for pretty much everything except world bosses. Yes, you could try changing to another channel, but the boss may not be up or may have just been killed. This is why it's confusing to me that we're expected to drop everything and run to help people who have other options available to them (i.e. sausans). But people doing world bosses are basically told to gently caress off. So the people most negatively affected by the wardecs are also the people consistently ignored when help is needed.

It might be different if we were actually smart about using the wardecs, but we insist on using them against guilds we know we can't fight back against. And every other guild drops their wardecs for things like Kzarka, but for some reason that's different for us.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Kyuzo posted:

This works for pretty much everything except world bosses. Yes, you could try changing to another channel, but the boss may not be up or may have just been killed. This is why it's confusing to me that we're expected to drop everything and run to help people who have other options available to them (i.e. sausans). But people doing world bosses are basically told to gently caress off. So the people most negatively affected by the wardecs are also the people consistently ignored when help is needed.

It might be different if we were actually smart about using the wardecs, but we insist on using them against guilds we know we can't fight back against. And every other guild drops their wardecs for things like Kzarka, but for some reason that's different for us.

No one has ever demanded someone come pvp? Most you see is hey "X is at sausans can anyone help." No one has ever expected people to drop everything to come pvp and lets be honest, most goontang don't come (which is fine). So lets not pretend people are being bogged down by war attendance or some dumb thing.

I've done world bosses after the decs and its literally go to anywhere but Bal 01. Last Kzarka I did, I did one in Bal 02, had zero hostiles and got top 20 loot then moved to Bal 01 killed bunch of Pax and still got loot so ???

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it

GreatestNerdEver posted:

lol I don't give a gently caress if boho wants me to be leader or not, that puppet master routine he was pulling last night while admonishing PvP at the same time admitting he was helping to cause those guilds to declare on us, gave me a good reason to give him a break and relieve him of his pvp woes

I helped other guilds declare on us insofar as I was grinding at Sausans with other goons and told some morons to gently caress off when they tried to out-farm us.

As if asking for guild lead wasn't enough of a huge loving red flag, the fact you think I'm doing a "puppet master routine" when I point out your double standards and patronizing attitude speaks volumes about the kind of guild leader you would be, especially when backed up with a guild kick for doing so. There is no need to conspire against you when you're doing such a fantastic job of sabotaging yourself.

The guild was doing better than it ever has since I started playing til you got back from vacation. People were doing missions, we were declaring on other stupid casual guilds, and morale was on the rise. Please do us all a favor and :frogout:.

boho fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jun 3, 2016

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
This drama is great, but as soon as i get back home it's time for some order in the court

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

lewtt posted:

This drama is great, but as soon as i get back home it's time for some order in the court

Better hurry up, a lot of us are thinking of dropping unfortunately.

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.
:thurman:

Hello Citizens

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Wassbix posted:

No one has ever demanded someone come pvp? Most you see is hey "X is at sausans can anyone help." No one has ever expected people to drop everything to come pvp and lets be honest, most goontang don't come (which is fine). So lets not pretend people are being bogged down by war attendance or some dumb thing.

I've done world bosses after the decs and its literally go to anywhere but Bal 01. Last Kzarka I did, I did one in Bal 02, had zero hostiles and got top 20 loot then moved to Bal 01 killed bunch of Pax and still got loot so ???
I finely remember one incident in which Bo used "!" chat to announce "gee it sure would be nice if more people showed up to help for pvp!" Uh oh, I thought, and looked at guild chat. Was he asking for help and no one was paying attention?

Nope. That was the first time Bo even mentioned anything in gcaht at all. Due to the fact that most people were AFK or on different channels (to avoid getting gangbanged by wardecs against guilds who actually have active players), no one had seen him dying a few times near Tarif or whatever and so obviously no one had responded. So we were then treated to some passive aggressive bullshit about how no one rushes to help PVP even though no one even knew that was a thing that was happening. That's why I found him calling boho passive aggressive for not wanting him to be leader later on to be hilariously hypocritical.

World bosses are really the only time these war decs are an issue. So you're on a different channel to avoid wars and a world boss pops up and you go to it. But lo and behold, other guilds actually have 50, 70, 90 active members and a few of those have ended up on that random channel's world boss as well! Possibly after you've already been at the boss for 30% of its health because they just switched channels because it died on their main channel. You've told the guild the boss is up and you've mentioned that wardecced people are there, but people don't loving give a poo poo so you're forced to switch channels (to a boss that may be dead) or endure getting like 1v5'd for no loot because you're not damaging the boss. And then you get told to "git gud" because you can magically get good fighting 1v5 during a boss or something.

Honestly, it's not a big deal, but a lot of the people who are so big on forever wars and people "helping" each other out on PVP are the same people who don't go to these world bosses and thus never have to experience this kind of thing. As an officer I can just undec if I'm there but not everyone has that opportunity and then the bitching starts for "dropping my wardec."

Anyway I honestly believe the real issue is just our lack of active players. Last night while arguing was going on I counted 22 people online. Probably half of those were actually afk. If we're nice and say at any given point of time, 30% of the guild is willing to drop what they're doing to be numbers in PVP, that would literally leave us with like 5 people who'd show up to fight. A guild that has way more active members at any point in time could simply field more players, and even though they could be really terrible, we'd still be outmatched and it still would suck. And it's a negative networking/bystander effect in the sense that you know that most people WON'T show up so it WILL be completely uneven so you don't bother showing up in the first place either because, well, see? In a roundabout way this is why I think starting random wars over non-sausans things is stupid at this point in time because it's more detrimental to the few people playing than not.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
On the other hand, now that everyone has left, parks and rec is drama free.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

lewtt posted:

don't do it, this is the most entertaining black desert has ever been

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

don't do it, this is the most entertaining black desert has ever been

Won't someone think about the WORLD BOSSES :qq:

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I honestly don't give a poo poo about pvp or whatever but my only options anymore in this game to get my gear upgraded are scrolls which are flat out impossible to get a group going anymore because what little schedule we had for that went out the window when guild bosses were cut off weeks ago. At this rate all I do anymore is login to get a daily scroll and then play something else because I'm not grinding for hours on end when there are plenty of other games to play. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think I'm done with BDO so have fun with the in-fighting.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:

flyboi posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo about pvp or whatever but my only options anymore in this game to get my gear upgraded are scrolls which are flat out impossible to get a group going anymore because what little schedule we had for that went out the window when guild bosses were cut off weeks ago. At this rate all I do anymore is login to get a daily scroll and then play something else because I'm not grinding for hours on end when there are plenty of other games to play. I guess what I'm trying to say is I think I'm done with BDO so have fun with the in-fighting.

not for nothing but maybe if you didnt immediately log out after collecting your daily you'd probably find a scroll group. In the last week Ive done more scroll groups in goontang than I had in the last month+ in PnR

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

flyboi posted:

Noooo don't mention guild bosses, you monster.

Last time, someone mentioned guild bosses are fun and we should do it, there was a 3 hr mumble slap fight that was agonizing to listen to.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Gotta say that this PvP death change has been a gold mine. I'm part of one of those clusterfuck multi-guild powerblocs and watching them have a shitfit because flagging on some guys twice and steamrolling them is no longer a huge deterrent has been pretty amazing.

It turns out the "hardcore top 5%" were the carebears all along :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

But don't you see, they're really the ones getting griefed now and that's unacceptable!!

If you're in a top guild, I assume you can still outgrind or scare people away so the fact that people are freaking out over this is funny. I found out yesterday I think that Korea never actually had the exp penalty in the first place. They added it in for the other versions but it must not have worked out.