Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Drythe posted:

He was just being prepared for anything guys

Even kinky steampunk sex apparently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

Even kinky steampunk sex apparently.

Especially kinky steampunk sex. That is the only benefit to living in a steampunk setting.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wanted to make a spergy train post but it was a festival episode showing life is sometimes not poo poo. :smith:

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

C-SPAN Caller posted:

I wanted to make a spergy train post but it was a festival episode showing life is sometimes not poo poo. :smith:

My Apocalyptic Zombie Adventure with Trains Isn't Depressing Enough: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

CryingAthena posted:

My Apocalyptic Zombie Adventure with Trains Isn't Depressing Enough: Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress

I needed more trains though so I could post about them.

It was a good episode though, glad to see everything isn't total poo poo.

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"
So who wants to make any bets about just how evil Mumei's "brother" turns out to be?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

wielder posted:

So who wants to make any bets about just how evil Mumei's "brother" turns out to be?

I'm thinking pretty much the same level of evil we saw this episode. As in, ruthless killer who's having way too much fun, but at least has a sob-story and an ideology.

Meanwhile, Ikoma was dumb this episode, but an order of magnitude less dumb than he could have been.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013
Of course this universe's version of an elite SWAT-unit moves on the battlefield on steam-powered motorcycles.
I didn't even consider such a thing but we sure got it. :allears:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Thoughts on Episode 8:
1. Ikoma is an uncompromising naive shounen trope.
2. Mumei is a brainwashed Beauty from MGS4. Ain't she just being a massive dildo today? Look how quickly she folded and turned for her brother.
3. Bibe is a sly, devilish fox who I cannot wait to kick his teeth in his pretty Akio Ohtori face.
4. What does that give us now everybody?

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jun 3, 2016

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

So my train sperg posts for this episode:

Not wearing hearing protection while standing about 4 feet from a moving train, which is a red zone. They should also be wearing PPE that close.

Not wearing safety goggles and heat resistant mechanic clothes while working on the engine. Hair is kept loose and is a hazard and should be tied back.

Wearing flowing draping clothes is a fire hazard, especially in a running engine room.

Not keeping three point contact while climbing stairs or ladders, not exiting ladders or vehicles facing the train.

Unauthorized weapons in the engine room, swords are bad.

Standing on the cow catcher while the train is moving with only two point contact is the man mad?

When they shoved cars together they didn't have anyone watching to make sure the coupling was properly done.

Transportation workers wear fluorescent green vests for visibility, no one wears night visible clothes that works on the train.

Walking on top of a loving moving train. Like goddamn don't do thst casually when not in the middle of the battle. Like what the gently caress come on everyone just eats a goddamn picnic up there for fun it seems.

NOBODY USES THE loving HANDRAILS USE THEM SLIPS TRIPS AND FALLS SEE THE LEADING CAUSE OF INJURY OUTSIDE OF ZOMBIES.

Train muscle lady giving the boiler key to someone without authority to get to restricted areas is a big no no, don't do that.

AND TIE YOUR HAIR BACK ALREADY YOU BEAUTIFUL PINK HAIRED MAN.

Final safety grade: F, send to safety training and take all employees out of service

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This show is cool as poo poo. Has anyone made the Attack on Snowpiercer joke yet?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Metro: Last Raito

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Not wearing hearing protection while standing about 4 feet from a moving train, which is a red zone. They should also be wearing PPE that close.

Not wearing safety goggles and heat resistant mechanic clothes while working on the engine. Hair is kept loose and is a hazard and should be tied back.

Wearing flowing draping clothes is a fire hazard, especially in a running engine room.

Not keeping three point contact while climbing stairs or ladders, not exiting ladders or vehicles facing the train.

Unauthorized weapons in the engine room, swords are bad.

Standing on the cow catcher while the train is moving with only two point contact is the man mad?

When they shoved cars together they didn't have anyone watching to make sure the coupling was properly done.

Transportation workers wear fluorescent green vests for visibility, no one wears night visible clothes that works on the train.

Walking on top of a loving moving train. Like goddamn don't do thst casually when not in the middle of the battle. Like what the gently caress come on everyone just eats a goddamn picnic up there for fun it seems.

NOBODY USES THE loving HANDRAILS USE THEM SLIPS TRIPS AND FALLS SEE THE LEADING CAUSE OF INJURY OUTSIDE OF ZOMBIES.

Train muscle lady giving the boiler key to someone without authority to get to restricted areas is a big no no, don't do that.

AND TIE YOUR HAIR BACK ALREADY YOU BEAUTIFUL PINK HAIRED MAN.

Final safety grade: F, send to safety training and take all employees out of service

you forgot his shrieking kabane room. surely that's gotta be violating some safety protocols

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Condiv posted:

you forgot his shrieking kabane room. surely that's gotta be violating some safety protocols

Nah its just cargo

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Nah its just cargo

Might have to have some CBRN gear just in case when handling that cargo though.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

This would be a good time to point out one of the tracks on the ost is called VIVALABIBA

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Pootybutt posted:

This would be a good time to point out one of the tracks on the ost is called VIVALABIBA

Good lord how is everything about this murder-for-fun dude so unbearably fabulous :sparkles: from hair to voice actor to OST-title?

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Xelkelvos posted:

Might have to have some CBRN gear just in case when handling that cargo though.

Oh yeah its a Biohazard so the car needs proper placards and proper sealing.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

C-SPAN Caller posted:

To be fair it's probably more in the interests of safety to give the key to one door than have your boss murdered and the key to all doors taken anyways. :v:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

CryingAthena posted:

Good lord how is everything about this murder-for-fun dude so unbearably fabulous :sparkles: from hair to voice actor to OST-title?

Everyone is approaching becoming a cartoonish exaggeration of their archetypes at this point. Biba is just already there.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
It's almost comical how obviously evil Bubi was. He straight up looks like Sephiroth. Of course he's evil.

Miss Nomer
May 7, 2007
Saving the world in a thong

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Your posts are a treasure :allears:
I now am hoping that our hair flipping bad guy Biba dies from a safety violation like you mentioned.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I decided to watch this and is good. The OP is extremely great though.

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I decided to watch this and is good. The OP is extremely great though.

EGOIST has a track record for making great OP songs for anime shows and anime movies. :allears:

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

CryingAthena posted:

EGOIST has a track record for making great OP songs for anime shows and anime movies. :allears:

Guilty Crown's first OP was the best part of the show.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if the work force is union or not, they should unionize.

Where is zombie Japanese Eugene V. Debs?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

what was the spider the kabane hunter guy stabbed? it looks like some sort of tiny headcrab or kabane spider

i'm still unsure how pregnant lady got the kabane baby inside her too

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Condiv posted:

what was the spider the kabane hunter guy stabbed? it looks like some sort of tiny headcrab or kabane spider

i'm still unsure how pregnant lady got the kabane baby inside her too

The guy was just a dick. It was probably just a normal spider, analog to those scorpions or snakes that sometimes get stabbed.

The woman was bitten and the baby was infected, too.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

It was probably just a normal spider, analog to those scorpions or snakes that sometimes get stabbed.

Ah, the arachnae exemplum praecisione. Very rare species.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I really like how the MC's GungHo Shounen I'll Protect You spirit got shot the gently caress down

I also really enjoy these OSHA Enforcer train posts.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

AnacondaHL posted:

I really like how the MC's GungHo Shounen I'll Protect You spirit got shot the gently caress down

I also really enjoy these OSHA Enforcer train posts.

:agreed: on both counts. Hopefully this will inspire himself to double down on spite as a motivating factor.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Actually the FRA does safety enforcement on the railroad not OSHA

CryingAthena
Nov 12, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

Guilty Crown's first OP was the best part of the show.

Psycho-Pass and Psycho-Pass 2 were both good at the very least, great in my opinion, but EGOIST OPs and ED for those were just plain great. And while I haven't seen Gyakusatsu Kikan yet I love the song EGOIST made for that, Reloaded. :allears:

I really hope Mamoru Miyano can go full-on evil piece of poo poo in the next episode, he's pretty good at pulling off those moments (so I guess I'll hope the writers haven't made it totally horrible).

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

C-SPAN Caller posted:

Actually the FRA does safety enforcement on the railroad not OSHA

I love you. We need an update to this 9 year old image:

http://www.somethingawful.com/photoshop-phriday/boring-games/6/

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Just caught up with this series.

My favorite line is "Daita-iron no more desu."

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Nahxela posted:

Just caught up with this series.

My favorite line is "Daita-iron no more desu."

Same, i had to rewind and listen to it again

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That guy is the star of the show.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I tweeted that to his VA, and he liked my tweet.

That means we're friends now.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

we already knew bieber-sama was a giant rear end in a top hat, but goddamn is he a giant rear end in a top hat in the new ep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This show just pulled a goddamn Guilty Crown. What a drag.

• Locked thread