Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Reinhardt doesn't wear a helmet because he wants to feel the wind in his hair as he smashes through the enemy to dispense justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Would be nice if we could disable match chat globally or something instead of per match. Been seeing a lot more salt in chat lately.

There's also "General" chat that pops up when I'm being matched where I get to listen to pubbie textual diarrhea about how "do any girls play this game????" :barf:

I get a lot of Bastion salt from pubbies too. Don't get bitter, just get better y'all. (And I'm not even a Bastion main. ATTACK THEM FROM BEHIND is not exactly Sun Tzu's The Art of War, guys)

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Combed Thunderclap posted:

There's also "General" chat that pops up when I'm being matched where I get to listen to pubbie textual diarrhea about how "do any girls play this game????" :barf:

I get a lot of Bastion salt from pubbies too. Don't get bitter, just get better y'all. (And I'm not even a Bastion main. ATTACK THEM FROM BEHIND is not exactly Sun Tzu's The Art of War, guys)

You don't even need to do that, somehow shooting them outside of their effective range with your 150 damage rifle is incomprehensible.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Pubbies don't seem to understand that Bastion has a massive damage loss at range because of how wide his bullet spread is. Widowmaker and Hanzo deal with him easily, as do 76, Pharah, McCree, etc.

Even at his best on his best maps, Bastion is still less individually strong than a good Widow or McCree because of how bullshit both of those characters are right now. I can't wait for the nerfs.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
D.va's architect skin is cool cause it looks nice while actually looking like something a person would actually wear.

The Shortest Path posted:

Pubbies don't seem to understand that Bastion has a massive damage loss at range because of how wide his bullet spread is. Widowmaker and Hanzo deal with him easily, as do 76, Pharah, McCree, etc.

Even at his best on his best maps, Bastion is still less individually strong than a good Widow or McCree because of how bullshit both of those characters are right now. I can't wait for the nerfs.

Bastion still does insane damage at long range and can shred people pretty easily. The reason he can appear weak is because he's totally immobile in sentry form which makes it super easy to kill him if he doesn't notice you or has to deal with multiple targets. There's a reason people partner him with Reinhardt a lot.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jun 4, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Brannock posted:

Only a few of the legendaries are as good as the base skins, and this pattern will in all likelihood continue, because there is a vastly smaller amount of time and effort that goes into a skin compared with what went into designing and refining the original look.

nearly every character has a legendary that looks better than the base imo

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
Can someone explain to me how the line of sight on Lucio's ult works? I feel like it occasionally hits people even without LoS when I'm playing with and I can't figure out the mechanics of how it's doing that.

Samara
Jan 6, 2011

quote:

Deposited $150 at Mt Gox to try this Bitcoin thing out.

Stolen 6 days later. Really enjoyed my time there.

Helpful? Please donate - being this retarded ain't cheap!

Samara Investments
Basement Suite #101
Mom's House, Hometown FL
USAAA+

Lady Naga posted:

Only lesbians wear pantsuits.

What about Clinton ?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Samara posted:

What about Clinton ?

Lesbian outfit confirmed

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

xanif posted:

Can someone explain to me how the line of sight on Lucio's ult works? I feel like it occasionally hits people even without LoS when I'm playing with and I can't figure out the mechanics of how it's doing that.

That little number in the center of the circle in the middle of your screen tells you how many people are effected by you. I'm assuming that also accounts for who would be hit by ult

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I just played a quick game on Anubis attack. I picked Widowmaker, and a guy on my team said "A Sniper on offense? Really?". I said "Yes, really, there are some good lanes for offensive snipers," which I know about from playing defense.

I then proceeded to pick off the enemy Zenyatta and Hanzo (okay but he WAS in the usual Widowmaker perch), then sniped sperglord as Bastion on the cap point and was first onto the point to help cap. It was really quick. My team decided to go for point B via the side tunnel, and I whittled away at the enemy Reinhardt from the main entrance because his shield was perpendicular to me. After the enemy was first pushed off I closed in to help cap and added some more damage to the enemy as they tried to defend.

In total, 12 eliminations, 0 deaths and I was on the point for both captures. So yes, a sniper on offense. :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The "sniper on offense" complaint makes zero sense unless, for some bizarre reason, you think killing the opposing team isn't conducive toward completing the map objective. Widowmaker is incredibly, incredibly strong and few heroes can get picks as easily and as safely as a decent widow can, and getting a pick means you can probably push with confidence (barring ult disadvantage).

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It helps that Widowmaker is currently stronger than any sniper has ever been in a class-based FPS.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Widow on offense is really great, the thing is that 75% of the time you don't see your offensive sniper tearing up their backline and having good aggressive positioning, they're super passive waiting for the defense to over-extend past the choke.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
One Bastion (with red skin) and 5 McCrees, one using default and the other 4 each using one of the cheap recolor skins. Call yourselves the Power (flash) Bangers

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

nearly every character has a legendary that looks better than the base imo

To me it only really applies to genji. I'd say pharas design, specially in anubis/jackal is really good but mechaqueen is too good so.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Huh... Did not know you could reflect Reinhardt's flamestrike. At least, I think that's what I saw happening here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eZvbzZxFk

(Also, that's a ridiculous game, wow.)

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I want them to just port the Vanguard class from Mass Effect into this game wholesale.

So for the first x minutes you're terrible and then about halfway through the round you achieve apotheosis?

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

Onean posted:

Huh... Did not know you could reflect Reinhardt's flamestrike. At least, I think that's what I saw happening here.

That was a legit reflect. You can see the flamestrike change color to the allied palette (blue and orange instead of red). Genji's reflect is super useful against all kinds of attacks it seems.

Also watching that footage reminds me of how I have to get good at using my mouse at a lower sensitivity.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Countblanc posted:

The "sniper on offense" complaint makes zero sense unless, for some bizarre reason, you think killing the opposing team isn't conducive toward completing the map objective. Widowmaker is incredibly, incredibly strong and few heroes can get picks as easily and as safely as a decent widow can, and getting a pick means you can probably push with confidence (barring ult disadvantage).

On the other hand most Widowmakers on offense are garbage and bad.

Case in point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTuRu-z432c

Widowmaker.flv

Literally seconds from the end of the game, their Reinhardt pushing up, what does she do? Stand there sniping instead of getting on the point :zenpop:

iroguebot
Feb 15, 2001

Nerf this!

Played a pub game yesterday and came across a streamer that mains reaper, was level 90 ish and 80 something hours into reaper alone. His team one the first round, typed 'lol easy' and no one said anything, we won the second and I replied the same thing. He made it a mission to go for me every time so I just went Mei and kept freezing him silly. All the while he was blowing up general chat.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Lucio's legendary skins make him look worse, IMO.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Onean posted:

At this point, assume you can reflect anything thrown.

Junkrat's mine? Yes.
Cool Dad: 76's Biotic field? Yes.
Mei's ult? Yes.
All the curse words thrown at him in chat? Probably!

If it's a projectile, he can probably block it.
(*I'm not sure about Zarya's alt fire. Zenyatta's discord orb also can't be reflect, though that would be amazing.)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the hell is this

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Lucio's legendary skins make him look worse, IMO.

Hippityhop should be his default skin actually. :colbert:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Three games lost because not a single team mate understood the value of anything other than running in a straight line towards the enemy.

I will not keep playing tonight.

Picard Day
Dec 18, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Would be nice if we could disable match chat globally or something instead of per match. Been seeing a lot more salt in chat lately.

Think I saw more salty idiots yesterday than the rest of my OW time combined. Best part was a pub game where I was playing Mercy and an awful Hanzo was losing his poo poo because I would favor pulling out my pistol and just killing flankers myself instead of mindlessly healing.

Of course if you are second in eliminations and damage done and lead the team in heals and final blows as Mercy in retrospect it might be better to switch to a combat class and let these idiots die.

Of course we lost in OT because the Roadhog had the brilliant gameplan of "respawn and run into Hanamura B courtyard unsupported and feed the attackers a bunch of ult every time" than whined when Mei blocked him (and the enemy team) out at 10 seconds to go. You did the right thing Mei don't listen to the haters, these idiots deserved it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Bluhman posted:

Also watching that footage reminds me of how I have to get good at using my mouse at a lower sensitivity.

Yeah I started doing the same. First time I've really been playing an FPS since Bad Company 2 and before that was Natural Selection so I'm a bit rusty and mostly have been using insanely high sensitivities.

I think I'm going to get a new monitor since mine is pretty old by now (kind of lovely colors and and not really that great) and I noticed more people seem to be using higher refresh rate monitors. Is it noticeably more helpful and worth going for a 144 "hz" monitor like the BenQ XL2430T?

E: Also no matter what I do the game always starts in loving Window mode. I've deleted settings and tried changing it back and eventually at some point it always reverts to Window mode. Is there something to fix that properly?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 4, 2016

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Xaris posted:

I think I'm going to get a new monitor since mine is pretty old by now (kind of lovely colors and and not really that great) and I noticed more people seem to be using higher refresh rate monitors. Is it noticeably more helpful and worth going for a 144 "hz" monitor like the BenQ XL2430T?

Gonna say no not really. 144hz is ok but it's a rather expensive and is not going to turn you into a pro gamer or even give you a real measurable advantage. It's a nicer experience but it's not actually going to make you better and those who say it will are merely trying to justify their expensive purchase.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

frajaq posted:

the hell is this

It's :eyepop: with a Zenyatta ball, I guess. I think it looks dumb.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ddraig posted:

Gonna say no not really. 144hz is ok but it's a rather expensive and is not going to turn you into a pro gamer or even give you a real measurable advantage. It's a nicer experience but it's not actually going to make you better and those who say it will are merely trying to justify their expensive purchase.

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to, I accept I'm olde and rusty and lovely now, but wasn't sure how much of a "nicer experience" it is or not.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Xaris posted:

Yeah I wasn't expecting it to, I accept I'm olde and rusty and lovely now, but wasn't sure how much of a "nicer experience" it is or not.

It's definitely a lot more fluid but it sort of comes with problems, most noticeably if you can't actually run the game at 144+ fps you might encounter ghosting which is basically the monitor refreshing faster than the gpu can keep up so the same frame might be shown multiple times which produces a weird effect.

If you don't have that problem and you want to spend the money then go for it because it does look a lot smoother.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm looking to run this on an Athlon 5350 using integrated HD8400 and 8Gb RAM, but I don't want to pay for it until I'm certain I can run it at a playable level.

How well will this rig handle it? I know it's a complete toaster, but I don't mind playing on Low at a lower resolution, the game sitll looks pretty drat good at that level.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm looking to run this on an Athlon 5350 using integrated HD8400 and 8Gb RAM, but I don't want to pay for it until I'm certain I can run it at a playable level.

How well will this rig handle it? I know it's a complete toaster, but I don't mind playing on Low at a lower resolution, the game sitll looks pretty drat good at that level.

It's a Blizzard game, and optimized out the rear end, so probably.

This might give you a better answer though:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/40yrsv/can_your_computer_run_overwatch/

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Starting to really love playing Pharah. I only rarely survive to use her full ult but everything else about her is tons of fun.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Zenyatta is kind of growing on me and I particularly like his primary and alt fire, but man his poor mobility and dying to literally anything are annoying.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

chumbler posted:

Zenyatta is kind of growing on me and I particularly like his primary and alt fire, but man his poor mobility and dying to literally anything are annoying.

Yeah, I barely play him, only when I have an organized team featuring a Reinhardt who will babysit poor robomonk. Zenyatta owns when things are going well but that happens all too rarely.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

chumbler posted:

I unironically want them to buff his base movespeed. Every other healer has some kind of mobility skill anyways and Zenyatta just gets nothing.

Also I found out that you can be caught in Junkrat's trap as Zenyatta. With transcendence activated :geno:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

just 'cause you're floating don't mean you can't get caught in a bear trap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

i've gotten caught in it while flying with Pharah