Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The show jumped the shark when we didn't see Jaime's shameful Brienne boner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
So the 16 year old boy with an oversized sword and a magical animal companion just became the commander of a special military unit created to fight monsters

These books are now undeniably anime.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

boom boom boom posted:

So the 16 year old boy with an oversized sword and a magical animal companion just became the commander of a special military unit created to fight monsters

These books are now undeniably anime.

Lol.

Just wait until literally Sephiroth shows up on

Krinkle posted:

I think not loving his sister anymore was an intregal part of his redemptive arc and it's baffling to have the show say incest til the end, incest forever, a thousand years incest.

Appeal to tumblr. The media knows it's not about a wide, mildly interested audience anymore. You have to go after the crazy die-hards--the ones that will subscribe, evangelize, and buy merch

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Krinkle posted:

it's baffling to have the show say incest til the end, incest forever, a thousand years incest.
Considering GRRM's original plans...

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
Between GRRM scheduling new convention appearances, and now today he was randomly at The Strand Bookstore in NYC (the last time he randomly turned up in NY it was when Dance was done and brought to the editors), I'm starting to get the tinfoil out and thinking he might actually be nearing completion of Winds.

Why is it so easy for this series to fool me.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Unforgivable

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

No Pants
Dec 10, 2000

would a show-Brienne boner even be shameful

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I watched "Me Before You". Emilia Clarke really isn't that bad an actor if you get over/accept the eyebrows.

I think she's either just a bad fit for the role or that the shows writing is too bad or that Dany just sucks as a character and nobody could make Meereen entertaining

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Ser Arthur Dayne, the Knightiest of Knights. Stands there and watches as his completely insane king slowly cooks a man to death while his firstborn son is strangled trying to save them both, while likely knowing full well that Lyanna ran away and could've said as much at any time

Much like Ned, Arthur Dayne's an idiot and Jamie's single act of shanking the Mad King makes him a better person than everyone else in the Kingsguard. Arthur probably would've started the fires himself.

Wasn't it Gerold Hightower who was there? Or am I getting mixed up? It's possible that Hightower didn't now that the Rhaegar Lyanna tryst was consensual at that time?

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

CountFosco posted:

Wasn't it Gerold Hightower who was there? Or am I getting mixed up? It's possible that Hightower didn't now that the Rhaegar Lyanna tryst was consensual at that time?

It was hightower that was there. Dayne and Whent were with Rhaegar and then Lyanna from beginning to end of the rebellion.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Arcsquad12 posted:

So Ian McShane as the blackfish?

That would actually fit pretty well.

Krinkle posted:

I think not loving his sister anymore was an intregal part of his redemptive arc and it's baffling to have the show say incest til the end, incest forever, a thousand years incest.

Yeah, it's a huge part of Jaime's change of heart that he comes to be unable to loving stand his idiot whore of a sister.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jun 5, 2016

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

No Pants posted:

would a show-Brienne boner even be shameful

Only slightly because they teen-comedy-where-the-hot-girl-takes-off-her-glasses-and-is-now-hot uglied her up.

But still, the shameful boner and Cersei's wading into myrish swamps were the wedge between them that led to their redemption arcs, and the show gave us neither handsome throbbing cocks nor damp fingers.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Papa and Brandon Stark seemed like smart people who got totally unavoidably hosed by the Mad King.

Remember, dipshit Ned is the idiot middle child who was never raised to rule. And Robb was raised to rule by a dipshit that puts dumb middle child idealism ahead of practicality.

Brandon Stark, upon hearing that his sister was kidnapped, immediately set off on a week's ride with a handful of friends and then rode up and down right out side of the Red Keep demanding that the Crown Prince come out and die. I'm gonna go with Ned or Benjen being the brains of the family on this one.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

whowhatwhere posted:

Brandon Stark, upon hearing that his sister was kidnapped, immediately set off on a week's ride with a handful of friends and then rode up and down right out side of the Red Keep demanding that the Crown Prince come out and die. I'm gonna go with Ned or Benjen being the brains of the family on this one.

Hoster Tully flat out calls him a moron for doing it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Zombie Cat has to be better than regular Sad Cat, right?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It sounds like a pretty a human reaction or a romantic one even.

But the dude had the entire ride down to the Landing to cool off and maybe come up with a better idea. Including being yelled at by Hoster like you said

I'm gonna chalk this one up to Brandon being a spoiled first-born of a high house used to getting his way. Pretty much the dumb meathead jock Littlefinger paints him as

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

whowhatwhere posted:

Why do I remember him being double-crossed by Aerys but don't remember any of what y'all are saying?

Normally I'm a loving encyclopedia for these dog poo poo books because I've made nothing but terrible life decisions.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Why do I remember him being double-crossed by Aerys but don't remember any of what y'all are saying?

Normally I'm a loving encyclopedia for these dog poo poo books because I've made nothing but terrible life decisions.

You need to to find your very own Elio and Linda.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

"Brandon. Yes. Brandon would know what to do. He always did. It was all meant for Brandon. You, Winterfell, everything. He was born to be a King's Hand and father to queens. I never asked for this cup to pass to me."

HEY HEIR TO THE THRONE, GET THE gently caress OVER HERE SO I CAN KILL YOU what why are you arresting me no i wasn't plotting his murder.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Aerys agreed to a trial by combat but chose fire as his champion and roasted him while his dad strangled himself on a chain trying to rescue his burning son.

Or the other way around. Either way it was a dick move on both ends.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year

boom boom boom posted:

Please god, let this wandering Arya nonsense be over with by the end of this book

people complain about Brienne chapters but I found Arya's interminable wandering between ACOK and ASOS totally boring as poo poo

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Bran's chapters are always the worst for me.

Bran has a wolf dream. Bran feels sad because he used to have a pack, but now he doesn't. Bran wants to stay as a wolf. Jojen chastises him. Jojen gets sullen. blah blah blah.

Brienne at least goes and sees people. It's like, oh snap, shes at that same Inn! Oh cool, Podrick did something useful. Oh dammmnn, is that the hound!?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is this new episode the one where the hound comes back?

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

yes

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Nice

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FGT7NzqDRU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Mike N Eich posted:

people complain about Brienne chapters but I found Arya's interminable wandering between ACOK and ASOS totally boring as poo poo
Arya's chapters were some of the best in the book. Totally agree on Bran though.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Clegane Bowl is going to be a battle of the Seven. It will be The Hound and friends versus the seven actors that have played Gregor on the show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Huh Ian McShane is septon meribald. Playing against type but I can see it working

Edit: never mind perhaps not

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 6, 2016

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
IAN MCFUCKINGSHANE

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
McShane got Quentyned haha. Genius

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
was that ep just a metaphor for affc or something? faux redemptive arc for hound that goes nowhere then everyone dies and he goes straight back to form. nothing of consequence happens in any other story except that this week's titties had a lesbian flavor thrown in for show.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The lesbian flavor was pretty great tbh.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

was that ep just a metaphor for affc or something? faux redemptive arc for hound that goes nowhere then everyone dies and he goes straight back to form. nothing of consequence happens in any other story except that this week's titties had a lesbian flavor thrown in for show.

Recap of the last 2 episodes:

Sandor's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Arya's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Brienne's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Sansa's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Jon's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Dany's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Cersei's journey was pointless and now she's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Jaime's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Bran's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Theon's journey was pointless and now he's moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Dorne's journey was pointless and now they're moving past the events of AFFC/ADWD.

Tyrion is up to something.

Margaery is the most powerful player in the game.

Blackfish back ALRIGHT.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jun 6, 2016

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

okay I don't remember the Brotherhood Without Banners being particularly sinister, even with a literal zombie of vengeance leading it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Malpais Legate posted:

okay I don't remember the Brotherhood Without Banners being particularly sinister, even with a literal zombie of vengeance leading it.

No revenge zombie means the organization that formed to protect the people from marauders does lots of rapey mcpillage.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'm glad Davos was able to use his powers of talking to little girls for good.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm glad Davos was able to use his powers of talking to little girls for good.

Rather than the way GRRM or Aatrek would use that power, you mean?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
ok, i admit all the heroes getting repeatedly owned by a babby child on bear island was real good