Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geektox
Aug 1, 2012

Good people don't rip other people's arms off.

Tunga posted:

The game is free…?

I think he just got his statements out of order, and means "I'll start over on the other account and buy the IAP there"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone linked Nonstop Knight yet? Pretty neat take on the incremental/Tap Titans formula.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

big mean giraffe posted:

Has anyone linked Nonstop Knight yet? Pretty neat take on the incremental/Tap Titans formula.

I am seconding it. It is an awesome little non game. The randomized loot makes each run a bit different. And there are ton of different way to specialize your abilities. Though I bought the starter pack and that destroyed the early game difficulty. I went from 5 ascend points to 2005 and enough premium currency to buy another 3,000. And that is basically the only use for premium currency.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Hulk Krogan posted:

Pro-tip: upgrade the magnet ASAP

I prefer to put stars into my main gun, since by the time you upgrade it to level 2 it becomes so powerful that you're just flying through clouds of destroyed enemies and stars. Missile upgrades are also great to take out stray enemies. I don't think the magnet upgrades fast enough to be especially useful.

I'm a little dissapointed to see another stage included in the game where you can't shoot and have to dodge fire (IMO probably the worst thing in the first game) but fortunately it seems to be easier and less frustrating this time around.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 4, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Nonstop Knight is really cool.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Agoat posted:

Yeah I've been playing it and I can forsee it killing my battery, it be awesome, I'll probably toss em 5 bux for the starter pack it's an awesome concept and plays well and easily.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

tater_salad posted:

Yeah I've been playing it and I can forsee it killing my battery, it be awesome, I'll probably toss em 5 bux for the starter pack it's an awesome concept and plays well and easily.

I did that. You get a cool dragon and skip the awful slow early portions.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tunga posted:

The game is free…?

I meant uninstall and "buy" it on the other account which turned out to be a real pain as it kept wanting to add it back in on the main account. I finally got it to work and kept all my upgrades but had to replay the levels.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

I meant uninstall and "buy" it on the other account which turned out to be a real pain as it kept wanting to add it back in on the main account.
It should just use the account that you have active in the navigation drawer of the Play store app. Anyway, sounds like you got it sorted.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Agoat posted:

Seconding this, started playing last night and I'm level 22 already. (Stats says I have somehow accumulated 16.5 hour of playtime since yesterday.. uhhh)

Prestieging in a maze runner type game is weird. I feel the game is either too easy, or incredibly difficult once you hit the 50-60 bosses. I can literally put my phone down with the game running and let my guy slog through levels for the first 30+ levels, then die repeatedly on one boss. I used to try and grind through these tough bosses, but lately I just kill the app and let offline gold build up until I can upgrade gear and get stats up, dropping boss difficuly from Impossible to Extremely Hard.

After Ascending I just dump all gold into weapon for the first 30 or so floors, seems to let me go further frenzying. Anyone want to share their tips?

I didn't buy anything, but I have had no problem cruising through the game so far. I've made it up into the

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Ceros_X posted:

Seconding this, started playing last night and I'm level 22 already. (Stats says I have somehow accumulated 16.5 hour of playtime since yesterday.. uhhh)
On my crummy old tablet, the game doesn't actually close when you quit. It keeps running in the BG until force closed, so that might be why. I've only got 1h 26m right now because I kill the process. Still get offline progress too.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

big mean giraffe posted:

This is fun

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

big mean giraffe posted:

Just want to echo what everybody else is saying and that this is a very good game.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jun 5, 2016

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
I feel like you should at least be able to carry over gear between playthroughs, just make it all lvl 1 again or something.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ceros_X posted:

Prestieging in a maze runner type game is weird. I feel the game is either too easy, or incredibly difficult once you hit the 50-60 bosses. I can literally put my phone down with the game running and let my guy slog through levels for the first 30+ levels, then die repeatedly on one boss. I used to try and grind through these tough bosses, but lately I just kill the app and let offline gold build up until I can upgrade gear and get stats up, dropping boss difficuly from Impossible to Extremely Hard.

After Ascending I just dump all gold into weapon for the first 30 or so floors, seems to let me go further frenzying. Anyone want to share their tips?

I didn't buy anything, but I have had no problem cruising through the game so far. I've made it up into the

I do this, too. I made it to 65 on my second run with no issues. (With the starter pack.) Damage is the most expensive so when you can't level it so easily start dumping points into health. I don't need cloak ever but it's so cheap so why not?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

So, I've been getting back into Defense Grid again, on Steam, and was wondering what the best and closest game to that on Android would be? Really, a polished tower defense game, preferably not bogged down by f2p bullshit. Don't mind using survey bucks.

the auschwitz diet
Mar 19, 2004
I toast mine own alcoholism

Agoat posted:

I do this, too. I made it to 65 on my second run with no issues. (With the starter pack.) Damage is the most expensive so when you can't level it so easily start dumping points into health. I don't need cloak ever but it's so cheap so why not?

Cloak is the best stat after 4 prestiges or so, especially whenever you get slash.

the auschwitz diet fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 5, 2016

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I've been getting back into Defense Grid again, on Steam, and was wondering what the best and closest game to that on Android would be? Really, a polished tower defense game, preferably not bogged down by f2p bullshit. Don't mind using survey bucks.

The three Kingdom Rush games are pretty good, from what I remember. The only paid things I can remember are heroes (most of them, but you start with one and can unlock a few more with ingame stuff) and cheat items. The first is free, so I'd say give that a try to see if you like the style. The others are $2 and $3 USD.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine

Agoat posted:

Without the starter pack you can't get quite that high on autopilot (Starter pack gives +100% damage on purchase plus some tokens) but it isn't that hard.

After my most recent Ascension (11th time) I got this weapon and it makes me really not want to quit this run..

I've earned 5.07k tokens so far, how far along are you?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Where do you get the starter pack? I don't see it as an option.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

New Leaf posted:

it shows up after you first ascension (level 20).

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

New Leaf posted:

It should be in the shop too, I found it there but you'll need to scroll down to find it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

New Leaf posted:

After level 20 it's the 4.99 pack thst gives yiu a dragon I believe, it's not called "starter pack"

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

tater_salad posted:

After level 20 it's the 4.99 pack thst gives yiu a dragon I believe, it's not called "starter pack"

I think it's called Dragon Bundle (Starter Pack). It definitely said starter pack somewhere.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
I just went to check and see what it is called, it has disappeared out of my shop. Don't know if it disappears after a certain level or what (Level 26 currently). It was right near the Gems in shop.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Back in shop weirdly enough.

Also I went to get a weapon chest.. it was some prescription chillax medicine video that was so long it made the game time out and gyped me out of my loot lol.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Dragon doesn't do a whole lot unless you have an ability that activates every X amount of attacks... but it's a cool dragon.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

big mean giraffe posted:

This is a surprisingly good game. Yes I call it a game because there's actual interactivity and it's really well done.

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

I'm really digging Nonstop Knight so far.

I managed to get a rare Snowflake Cape that resets your cooldowns when you multi-kill; building a void-blender build around it and leaping to pack after pack has probably been my most enjoyable run so far. Of course, I still switch to Treehugger when I need the endurance to dive for that last boss, but still.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

big mean giraffe posted:

Thanks, my productivity today just went to absolute poo poo :argh:

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Cloud based saves?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
NSK is a lot of fun. Really well made. My best run so far I had two 3* items, which cash out to tokens when you ascend. The weapon was a fish that gave gold every 4th hit. The cloak gave a free revive on boss fights.

The best part is earning so much gold overnight.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Okay Goons.
I got myself a new Nexus 6P phone. I come from a Galaxy Tab 2 which had a huge issue playing Unity based games.

Are there any great free games that require a bit of a more powerful phone? I have tried some of my old games I have on my Tab 2 that ran terribly, and they run without any problems whatsoever on the highest settings.

Or some good free games. A mix of offline and online would be good. I don't want to use too much data when not using WiFi.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Summoners War is a fantastic collect/battle game. Totally reasonable to play free, but there's a few things half-assed worth buying. Unlike most F2P games you get more free currency the further along you go. Play store. Oh and it doesn't really use much data besides patch downloads.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

Okay Goons.
I got myself a new Nexus 6P phone. I come from a Galaxy Tab 2 which had a huge issue playing Unity based games.

Are there any great free games that require a bit of a more powerful phone? I have tried some of my old games I have on my Tab 2 that ran terribly, and they run without any problems whatsoever on the highest settings.

Or some good free games. A mix of offline and online would be good. I don't want to use too much data when not using WiFi.

I imagine that wh40k rail gunner would need a decent phone. Freeblade

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Xenowerk and Smash Bandits Racing are two games that I like a lot and are also quite frantic which should run great on your device.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

IAmTheRad posted:

Okay Goons.

If you're into sort of sim/trading games you could try Cosmonautica. Pretty nice looking game, interesting. And if you care, runs on the Havok engine.

ModeSix fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jun 6, 2016

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Cloud based saves?

If you were asking if Nonstop Knight has cloud based saves, the answer is yes.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

In Skyforce Reloaded is there a trick to getting ship parts and other poo poo like that to drop? Or is it just completely random and RNG dependent?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Seems random. Thankfully the drop rate seems a lot higher than it was for the cards in the first game.