Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD posted:

on the sliding scale of shameful avs overwatch occupies a dreery subbasement below undertale
i don't know how to feel now that you've said this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

symbolic posted:

i don't know how to feel now that you've said this

undertale still hovers above anime and soars over Steven Universe so you're golden

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Dear Lady Ambien,

Congratulations on becoming a mom - holy poo poo, right? I imagine you're here in GBS announcing your reentry to modship now that things have stabilized a bit at home - which is good news to hear~!

If you've made it this far, great. I've got some ideas I'd like to run by you all:

These are totally serious Special Poster Powers:
  • GOLD Thread Protection: The OP of any Gold-rated threads should be allowed to contribute to their own thread unimpeded by a probation.
  • Postcount Powers: High post-rate users could apply "posting points" based upon their recent postcount/postrate to overcome a probation's hours.

That's actually it - one kind of "probation prevention method" for each major camp of poster. It also encourages Good Content posting, Voting (indirectly), and keeping up higher postcounts for ...actual bonuses?

I'm really just reading the rest of this thread (just wow :wom: wow guys) and noticing that people are mostly okay with how things look but if you're gonna punish people for making lovely threads, then you need to reward people for making high-quality threads and for posting in said threads (and to the boards in general).

Love, Vitalis Dinosaurmageddon

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
In reality, Dunkaccino is a tasty treat.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Also L.A.-

I think we managed to keep Dad Gay So What alive and posting almost up until your official reentry as GBS mod but then some FYAD-related shenanigans and other such nonsense got him kicked to the curb. But you know those lone wolf types... sometimes they gots to roam:

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

who do i have to bang to mod

ill do it

A CISHET SHITLORD
Sep 10, 2014

LOURDE OF THE SHITS
Pillbug
I maintain that allowing users to pay a set amount to instantly end a probation would be a good way to monetize your forums, as well as a counter to the ridiculous number of pointless and apparently random probations that are being meted out with reckless abandon in gbs lately. Call it "bail" or something

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Serious Frolicking posted:

on that subject deadmau5 was probably the best mod of all time

:colbert:

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

im gaye posted:

who do i have to bang to mod

ill do it

franco

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
lets double everything

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Isaac posted:

lets double everything

Let's not get too hasty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwqSMRtoSI

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

yikes

well, gotta do what you gotta do

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

A CISHET SHITLORD posted:

I maintain that allowing users to pay a set amount to instantly end a probation would be a good way to monetize your forums, as well as a counter to the ridiculous number of pointless and apparently random probations that are being meted out with reckless abandon in gbs lately. Call it "bail" or something

I'd rather to just have the probations stop tbh

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

undertale still hovers above anime and soars over Steven Universe so you're golden

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I just realised that L.A. is referring to lady ambien and not los angeles boy is my face orange.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Isaac posted:

lets double everything

Doesn't go far enough lets triple production!

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I just realised that L.A. is referring to lady ambien and not los angeles boy is my face orange.

Holy poo poo Donald Trump is a goon

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
nooner was probated in the tennis thread for sharing how he hit tennis balls into traffic during his college tennis court

free nooner

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Champenema posted:

Holy poo poo Donald Trump is a goon

Where else could he have learned to meme like he do?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I went to Trump U. Now I'm rich and have nice things.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!
lol at the people pouring their hearts out to lowtax's wife

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Airborne Viking posted:

lol at the people pouring their hearts out to lowtax's wife

Heyoo big baby momma Ambien
*downs another scotch*

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

You aren't my real mom!

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

PBS Newshour posted:

Heyoo big baby momma Ambien
*downs another scotch*

In my defense it was really good scotch

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Ben Smash posted:

In my defense it was really good scotch

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
i wish everyone cares less about everything so the world was a more chillaxed place

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lazy, not even an ounce of effort went into this. Where is the scotch? Why isnt the doctor an ape? Why isnt the father lowtax?

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Oh this is pretty good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

tomatoes and shit
Sep 17, 2015

hypothetical:

could one post "breastfeed me" in an LA thread without repercussions?

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

did the bull get any say in the baby's name?

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

fakiebeanplant posted:

breastfeed me

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month

polio king posted:

did the bull get any say in the baby's name?

:drat:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
Man I guess the guy that posted that single mom thread sure got his, what with all the rules he broke

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I've noticed recently that sometimes in GBS I read a thread or a post in the thread and I smile or chuckle which has never happened before so please permaban all these people making "jokes" because I don't come here to laugh. I come here to express my outrage at various things and call for change without ever actually leaving my room and doing anything.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Orkin Mang posted:

yup. dgsws threads are by far the most fun to post in. everyones goofing off and being creative and running with ideas and they get shutdown and he gets banned. hes the master of absurdist tone shifts and hilarious metaposting but gets banned and probated for nothing and the one doing the baning and probating has a posting style thats like a bland brian regan protestant version of dgsw

Free dgsw

• Locked thread