Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Really Pants posted:

Blizzard needs to nerf good teams of players that work well together

Yes. Although on defense last point you need to be clinically braindead to not work well together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Dias posted:

Yes. Although on defense last point you need to be clinically braindead to not work well together.

This is my favorite part of defense because it means people are almost forced to stop trying to loving flank.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Got a little carried away with Genji

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR7gZaUgAQY

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Route 66's final point is one of the more difficult areas to defend using turrets just because there's so many little side paths with a ton of cover that attackers can take to shut down nests. Plenty of angles for Junkrat to use for bouncing as well.

Especially on payload, it's perfectly fine to leave the cart alone for a while, move forward past it as a team and shut down their encampment, then go back and push the cart.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

if you can flank the attacking team and take out their Mercy, distract their Reinhardt, stop them from focusing all their fire down the hall towards the rest of your team, or even just contest the payload for a little bit, it's a pretty good thing to do

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ZypherIM posted:

That is like saying tf2 needed to nerf engineer sentry nests because of <exact same reasons>. Those are harder to crack and you have less options to do so than in overwatch, and even in tf2 pubs were able to deal with it.

Also in that same vein Sentry nests are really easy to deal with in pub TF2. The direct hit will 2 shot a non wrangled sentry, or 2-3 stickies, or even a class that has a dedicated weapon to shutting down a sentry for 1-3 seconds.

And as other people have mentioned, having a Bastion / Torb then getting them covered with a Reinhardt is absolutely stupid to go against. It's the "Easy Win" combo on Anubis.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Dias posted:

let me tell you about my good friend Genji

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
If you're letting your turret do all the work as Torb you're only playing 50% of the character. A real Torb is on the front lines shotgunning mofos and giving allies armor. Torba big strength is being TWO sources of damage.

That being said, phara is a great counter to your turrets, but a poor counter to the person. Learn to lob your primary like a junkrat grenade and you can 2-shot any non-tank.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Brannock posted:

Route 66's final point is one of the more difficult areas to defend using turrets just because there's so many little side paths with a ton of cover that attackers can take to shut down nests. Plenty of angles for Junkrat to use for bouncing as well.

Especially on payload, it's perfectly fine to leave the cart alone for a while, move forward past it as a team and shut down their encampment, then go back and push the cart.

Yeah, but again, kinda requires a competent team as with anything in life, otherwise you find yourself eating fire from all turrets AND the random Tracer in those teams.. I'm fine with Route 66, it's just the example that came to mind since I had a loss there after blazing through the rest of the map yesterday and I just couldn't understand why. Probably just the cascade effect after losing the first push - which is another thing that makes Bastion looks "better" than he is. Turret fortresses wreck disjointed teams.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Does it count as "damage" in the stats if you hit Reinhardt shield? Just wondering since our group ran into a 5-stack Reinhardt plus Mercy and my damage record on Pharah (and all heroes) was upped to 19,8 k and of course a lot of shots hit the shields despite being in the air most of the time...

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

it does but it really shouldnt

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Lungboy posted:

How realistic are the minimum specs? Would my Q6600 stand a chance of running this?

Yes, but you'll be severely CPU limited. I'm running with an E8400 and a Radeon 7850, and it doesn't matter what I set the graphics settings to it runs at 25fps. I'm not sure how much the Q6600's lower clock speed will affect you though.

Unhappy Meal fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 5, 2016

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Minorkos posted:

it does but it really shouldnt

Oh man yeah I agree on that.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Does anyone get connection issues a lot?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
More theory from Jastiger:

I remain more and more convinced that a moderate or even not-so-good Mercy is way better than a good and focused Lucio or Zenyatta. When the game gets tough and its required to become focused and coordinated, a decent Mercy will ALWAYS offset the balance in favor of her team over a really good Lucio and Zenyatta. She's just too good. Consistently in really close games a team with a lucio as a main healer who is shooting everyone and beating their rear end is essentially nullified by a bad Mercy who ults every 5 minutes or so and gives their team that clutch win to get the point.

Its a shame because Lucio and Zenyatta are such interesting and fun takes on support classes, and they are just completely overshadowed by a Mercy and her ult.

Goon thoughts?

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric

verbal enema posted:

I never do if that's any help to you.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jastiger posted:

I remain more and more convinced that a moderate or even not-so-good Mercy is way better than a good and focused Lucio or Zenyatta. When the game gets tough and its required to become focused and coordinated, a decent Mercy will ALWAYS offset the balance in favor of her team over a really good Lucio and Zenyatta. She's just too good. Consistently in really close games a team with a lucio as a main healer who is shooting everyone and beating their rear end is essentially nullified by a bad Mercy who ults every 5 minutes or so and gives their team that clutch win to get the point.

Its a shame because Lucio and Zenyatta are such interesting and fun takes on support classes, and they are just completely overshadowed by a Mercy and her ult.

Goon thoughts?

lucio is incredibly good, especially on koth, in a way that the other two aren't. the revive mercy has is great but lucio's ult is also incredible at keeping people alive, and his boost makes him heal in an area better than mercy can do for any one person. mercy and lucio are both really good medics. zenyatta isn't but he's not supposed to be played as a pure healer in the first place so it's not a fair comparison

please keep in mind that it's not a choice of either/or. lucio and mercy both on one team is good

MorsAnima
Nov 29, 2010
I just feel completely shit on. These changes won't make a cat in hell's difference.

Zoness posted:

I have a 75% winrate with Torbjorn and I would not call him 'good' without at least tacking on situationally. I just know some very obnoxious spots for rivets over walls at head height and turrets that oversee flanks.

I have a 73% WR with Torb too, and it's pretty much all KOTH maps. He is 100% boss at KOTH, for all the obvious reasons.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!

Jastiger posted:

Goon thoughts?

Yeah, you're probably right. It feels like Zenyatta would have more going for him if people didn't loving run away from his ultimate, but maybe it's not enough.

Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see what would happen if Mercy's ultimate resurrected opponents too. Or alternatively, a Weekly Brawl with friendly fire on and abilities that affect everyone.

Attack on Princess fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 5, 2016

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Jastiger posted:

Goon thoughts?

Sometimes I feel the same way, but then again, Lucio has 58% winrate game-wide, and Mercy has 48% (http://masteroverwatch.com/heroes). So it's situational, just like everything else. If you have a good Lucio, I'd say you have a better chance of things going "your way" throughout the game and you will keep the flow going. But if things get really really hard and one or two kills (or resurrections) either way will make or break the game, then in those situations a Mercy is preferable.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I appreciate the fact that Mercy's backstory makes it clear that she's only less outwardly deranged than the TF2 Medic. Turning a half-dead ninja man into a living weapon with his "consent" being "this or a grave"? Sure, sounds good. Creating a loving ghost with shotguns? No problems here.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Donnerberg posted:

Yeah, you're probably right. It feels like Zenyatta would have more going for him if people didn't loving run away from his ultimate, but maybe it's not enough.

Just for shits and giggles, I'd like to see what would happen if Mercy's ultimate resurrected opponents too. Or alternatively, a Weekly Brawl with friendly fire on and abilities that affect everyone.

good av, glad somebody colored it even

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mercy could beat up the TF2 Medic IMHO

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Mercy is unquestionably strong and a staple of non-KotH comp play, but like Manatee Cannon said it isn't an either/or, Lucio and Mercy are both crucial backbones of most good comps. Speed Boost, even non-amped, is invaluable, and amping it to initiate a push will regularly let you just straight up bulldoze the enemy team before they can effectively react. It's also much more difficult to hit a team going at 120% move speed.

Mercy's weakness as a healer is ironically the thing that keeps her on every team - her ult. It goes without saying that Resurrection is incredibly strong, but it also can't be used proactively. This probably means little in lower rank unorganized play, but eventually people start figuring out that in order to decisively win team fight the Mercy has to be one of the first 1-3 things you kill. Resurrection is also impossible to use to initiate a push and having a single Mercy as your sole support on offense can often be a disaster if your team doesn't have competent pick classes/players since the defense team is so often at an advantage in terms of terrain and positioning - You're walking into a meatgrinder without any sort of buffer. On the other hand, Lucio can Sound Barrier midway through a push and amp Speed Boost to get people through messy chokes and past turrets quickly.

Kurzon
May 10, 2013

by Hand Knit
Would it be horribly unbalanced to let Mercy use her flight power at will lik D. Va?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

All of a sudden Today I get them nonstop

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Kurzon posted:

Would it be horribly unbalanced to let Mercy use her flight power at will lik D. Va?

yes

to elaborate the last thing mercy needs is extremely unpredictable ways to quickly get onto a spot for multiple resurrects during a push

Zoness fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 5, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Kurzon posted:

Hugely

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
While I hate Hanzo in general he's become my go-to for stress relief. Just spam arrows down any chokepoint and watch the headshots roll in, no brain required. Gold medals in kills and damage, aww yeah.

Guilty pleasure, but hey, at least he's not McCree.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurzon posted:

Very much so.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

I would even say guardian angel needs another second, maaaybe two of cooldown tacked on. 3 seconds is pretty nutty.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Thoughtless posted:

While I hate Hanzo in general he's become my go-to for stress relief. Just spam arrows down any chokepoint and watch the headshots roll in, no brain required. Gold medals in kills and damage, aww yeah.

Guilty pleasure, but hey, at least he's not McCree.

not mccree is probably the greatest endorsement you could give for hanzo's relative power level

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Lúcio and Zenyatta's ultimates keep their team alive for huge pushes and able to shoot and dodge, unlike Mercy. There's a solid 2 or so seconds before Resurrect lets you move and shoot again, that's hugely valuable for a defense in being able to reposition/reload and prepare.

Kurzon posted:

Lol

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Torb's turret is already weak as hell when he isn't ulting so hearing people complain about it kind of baffles me.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
I thought I was pretty decent at Hanzo but nope

Junkrat seems like he's pretty good. What's a good counter to him?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I really hate Widowmaker. I look forward to the day when they turn her sniper weapon into bolt-action and gives her weapon sway for movement and taking damage. She is so incredibly hard to counter if the team she is on is at least half-way competent.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Knyteguy posted:

Pharah's the obvious one, same with anyone who can attack from long range or overhead. Depends a lot on the map, Junkrat's rather strong on maps with a lot of enclosed environments (since he barely even needs to aim) or when he has the high ground, he just can't usually do poo poo at really long range or with airborne targets.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Jimbot posted:

I really hate Widowmaker. I look forward to the day when they turn her sniper weapon into bolt-action and gives her weapon sway for movement and taking damage. She is so incredibly hard to counter if the team she is on is at least half-way competent.

Seriously. I got one of her epic skins so I was like, guess I need to try her. My first game wit her I locked down volskaya A, got potg, didn't even come close to dying. Her clip size is absurd, you can see flankers coming so you can just body shot them once, zip away, body shot them again or unload your M1 into them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Knyteguy posted:

a lot of things are good at killing junkrat so long as you remember his martyrdom grenades. mccree, reaper, and roadhog all eat him alive close range and he can't do much against hanzo, pharah, or widowmaker from a distance. he has a hard time dealing with winston especially since he can't just pull the one-two punch of a direct pipe plus mine to save himself like he can against lower health heroes. soldier 76 can beat him at any range easy. it's mostly about not letting the junkrat have a good position to fight you from since he can do a lot of damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Man it feels great to drag some random pubbie team kicking and screaming to victory despite all their attempts to lose it. gently caress you premade teams! pls invite