Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired
Never play anything Sirlin makes, he's the worlds most successful modern con-artist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Gorp posted:

Never play anything Sirlin makes, he's the worlds most successful modern con-artist.

excuse me have you been ignoring this year's Presidential election?

inthesto posted:

If you ask me, Street Fighter 2 still looks and sounds good 25 years later

SF2 certainly sounds better than Super and ST.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Dias posted:

I mean ST is ugly that's why they made an HD Remix and you should play that

If you ask me, Street Fighter 2 still looks and sounds good 25 years later

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

I mean ST is ugly that's why they made an HD Remix and you should play that

This is worse than jokingly bad recommendations I make.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Skull girls?

Its more marvel-y but its something to try?

I'd recommend grabbing a ps4 Neo or whatever unless you only play fighters when it comes.

I know pc gaming is all 'superior' but yeah

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Play a Capcom game that isn't bad

Like Ace Attorney: Justice For All

I'm on the last case, it's real good so far

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

This is worse than jokingly bad recommendations I make.

look you can't blame me if people don't get on with the times and play the High Definition Remix and Rebalance of SSF2T

all praise sirlin

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Play a Capcom game that isn't bad

Like Ace Attorney: Justice For All

I'm on the last case, it's real good so far

Yeah PW is legit the only Capcom franchise I actually care about surviving

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stefan Prodan posted:

tabs please post a dmc gif

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I can't beat normal story mode as cammy. Do I suck?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when did story mode get difficulty settings?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Yomi, it's Japanese for reading the mind of your opponent!

Golem II posted:

I can't beat normal story mode as cammy. Do I suck?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTdQ7Xx4Q34

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Stefan Prodan posted:

Dragma?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imagine if dragons dogma had gotten a real sequel. i bet the sfv in that world lets you set the connection strength in lobbies

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The Gorp posted:

Codex is pretty awesome.

Zand posted:

people like you should just find a different genre to play, honestly

I'm sorry I happen to discover fighting games in 2012.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

The Gorp posted:

Is that the guy that tried to rebalance chess?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jack Trades posted:

Codex is pretty awesome.

I'm sorry I happen to discover fighting games in 2012.

you should try and discover why fgs own

(its not the graphics)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

you should try and discover why fgs own

(its not the graphics)

single player?

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Dias posted:

tabs please post a dmc gif

You can't TELL him to post a DMC gif. It comes as naturally as the tide.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

reminder all the Important People in the FGC who Totally Loved SFxT are the same people who defend SF5 and make ironic 8 Frames jokes in an attempt to discredit or belittle concerns over objectively terrible aspects of the game and who now more than ever have a financial incentive for the game to do well

if you didn't believe Paid Capcom Shill was a thing before, wait until you see high level fighting game players or supposedly Knowledgeable Fighting Game Smartman Commentators trying to tell you a competitive fighting game having 8 frames of input lag isn't a big deal

I watched an ultrachen video on the 8 frames thing on youtube last month, only one of the 4 guys on there (all commentators I think?) wasn't an apologist for it, and Chen, David and the other guy all basically made fun of and ragged on him. Guess which side of the debate the youtube comments were on?

Just looked it up, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ll4ObADMfi0

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

I wonder how many people think SFII looks bad because they only ever remember what the SNES version looked like.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

reminder all the Important People in the FGC who Totally Loved SFxT are the same people who defend SF5 and make ironic 8 Frames jokes in an attempt to discredit or belittle concerns over objectively terrible aspects of the game and who now more than ever have a financial incentive for the game to do well

if you didn't believe Paid Capcom Shill was a thing before, wait until you see high level fighting game players or supposedly Knowledgeable Fighting Game Smartman Commentators trying to tell you a competitive fighting game having 8 frames of input lag isn't a big deal

I'm pretty sure both of those tweets are expressing admiration that Xian can do such crazy things even with the humongous added delay, which is kind of the opposite of saying it's not a big deal

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not watching that half hour video but I just wanna say Tasty Steve is win

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

AnonSpore posted:

I'm pretty sure both of those tweets are expressing admiration that Xian can do such crazy things even with the humongous added delay, which is kind of the opposite of saying it's not a big deal

Floe's tweet sounds like that but UD's reply with the "ohhh" at the end definitely sounds like it's mocking/making GBS threads on the people trying to express the badness of the 8f input lag.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it's a loving horrible game and these dudes ain't going to even begin to try to get capcom's dick out of their throats

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

What's Dragma

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Stefan Prodan posted:

What's Dragma

Dragon's Dogma, which is really quite fantastic.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
people outside of china and mexico won't play kof

Guilty Gear is niche

People want more "honest" games without grimy poo poo so they'll be more "like SF2"

"Mika doesn't play Street Fighter"

The FGC deserves the 8 frames

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
"Devoid of grimy poo poo" is the least accurate descriptor I've ever heard for ST.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

NecroMonster posted:

it's a loving horrible game and these dudes ain't going to even begin to try to get capcom's dick out of their throats

Not until the money disappears at least.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Sade posted:

"Devoid of grimy poo poo" is the least accurate descriptor I've ever heard for ST.

agreed, tell that to people who say want honest street fighter.

I, personally, revel in grime and filth.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

The Gorp posted:

As someone who knows little; can you explain why, or maybe link to something that explains this? I don't know the name too well, and I'm vaguely interested.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Pomp posted:

agreed, tell that to people who say want honest street fighter.

I, personally, revel in grime and filth.

:same:

Bloodly posted:

As someone who knows little; can you explain why, or maybe link to something that explains this? I don't know the name too well, and I'm vaguely interested.

That's a really bizarre thing to say about a guy who made at least three fully functioning games. Yomi is really really fun.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

sirlin is a good game designer with a lot of insight and an incredibly self serious massive asperger with no sense of humor to any measurable extent

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sade posted:

:same:

That's a really bizarre thing to say about a guy who made at least three fully functioning games. Yomi is really really fun.

i loving love Yomi, and Codex looks cool but im broke.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Countblanc posted:

i loving love Yomi, and Codex looks cool but im broke.

Psst. Tabletop Simulator.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Sirlin is basically just a really weird dude with delusions of grandeur and takes himself really seriously.

HDR also didn't catch on and was summarily rejected by ST purists. I still prefer the original arcade ST because aside from all the balance tweaks, if nothing else, the original just looks and sounds a lot better to me.

Likewise, if they tried to make Street Fighter III: 4th Strike, hardcore 3s players would loving hate it. Rebalancing a game mostly played by grumpy old men typically goes over like a turd in a punch bowl.

That said, ST actually is the best Street Fighter game.

ZWZ
May 6, 2007

Homerun
Sfxt was really fun to training mode.

Did SFV's budget get slashed after it didn't sell well in the first month or something? I know Capcom is bad and all but it seems unreasonable they they don't have the time/resources to add something fairly simple like ps4 stick support to the pc version by now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ZWZ posted:

Sfxt was really fun to training mode.

Did SFV's budget get slashed after it didn't sell well in the first month or something? I know Capcom is bad and all but it seems unreasonable they they don't have the time/resources to add something fairly simple like ps4 stick support to the pc version by now.

It never had budget. They took sonys money and didnt spend any of their own

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's still really funny to me that they don't have the cash shop up and running 4 months after release