Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dootman posted:

Ya know, I kinda doubted this was some stupid stunt by Ambaire, as was raised by some others in TNG, but his sudden response combined with the in game pastebin...

Jesica is not Ambaire.
Please don't insinuate that they are the same now that it has been confirmed they are not by the Administrating staff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe
^^^ Are people getting reported for making fun of the j4g?

Furiously posted:

So, for the next expansion, I have to buy two ships to get one T6 ship that looks like a TOS ship correct? The T2-5 are all cosmetic ships and the others are the real ships?
Basically, yes. The t2-t5 ships aren't solely cosmetic, they're regular leveling ships. But they unlock a skin for the corresponding T6 ship.

Or you could try for the jj-trek connie from the (not announced yet) jj-trek lockbox. That's almost a T6 TOS ship.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
The JJ Connie is going to be zen store, unless they do a lockbox ship that is dependent on your faction at the time it drops.

In other good news, I've confirmed with my sources that the JJ Connie will have the skins from the first, second, and third films. In a surprising, but welcome move, the TOS skins, both show and film, will not be available for use on the T6 model.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

g0del posted:

^^^ Are people getting reported for making fun of the j4g?

That would be stupid as poo poo.

So yeah, probably, because this is Something Awful dot com.

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
Jess is one of the not lovely pubbies ingame. I asked in the channel a while ago if anyone cared if he was invited, no one had objections. We also held a RP counsel and it was unanimously voted that this game is dead, we have nothing of value to steal or spy on, and we're all alts of Gozer anyways.

We're all j4g anyways. Look at me, I made an account 2 years before the game launched just to infiltrate you and have now blown a deep cover 8 year spy account.

Nita fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 5, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
If they become an actual SA poster and don't creep around silently in this godawful thread for 3 years then they're a slam dunk for entry.

Not contributing to a single loving thing on SA is something of a warning sign regardless of what they're asking for when it comes to games with a social component. It is known.

If they act excessively retarded I'll kick 'em even if someone actually lets them in, so :shrug: Unless someone else kicks them first of course.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I'm the DJ Grom alt

Please tune in to my amazing show :gowron:

Nita
Apr 27, 2008
He asked to join a channel, not the fleet. There's limited damage he can cause and to be honest there are plenty of goons that poo poo up the channel worse than pubbies in ESD local. If the goons who play don't want him in then obviously don't invite him, but I don't see the harm in giving him a chance.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nita posted:

He asked to join a channel, not the fleet. There's limited damage he can cause and to be honest there are plenty of goons that poo poo up the channel worse than pubbies in ESD local. If the goons who play don't want him in then obviously don't invite him, but I don't see the harm in giving him a chance.

He can join the academy then.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

DancingShade posted:

He can join the academy then.

Ameonna@mangas67 posted:

[6/3 6:14] [Tell] Ameonna@mangas67: no academy full goon or a gently caress off

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
He can totally gently caress off. That's fine.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

DancingShade posted:

He can totally gently caress off. That's fine.

tbf he hasn't poo poo up this thread nearly as much as you regularly do

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mondian posted:

Guilty as charged.

Jesica
Jan 18, 2013

by Cowcaster
ENJOY AND MAY I HAVE ANOTHER PLEASE http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3778957

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

:five:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Mondian posted:

Which is why Mal is in charge of Dental and the pubbie doesn't get in. I mean seriously look at the roster, the shittier your posting is the higher you're ranked in there.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

yeah, basically if you're in the channel then you get into all the fleets we own.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I J4Ged for STO Dental and would not recommend. The fleet services are extensive but they demand REAL money to use them. I have been with dental for two years and now I am broke. Stay away.

Zoerp
Sep 29, 2012

Lord of the Seas
He's not getting an invite to anything.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Berke Negri posted:

I J4Ged for STO Dental and would not recommend. The fleet services are extensive but they demand REAL money to use them. I have been with dental for two years and now I am broke. Stay away.

Good dental care is expensive. Where do you think they get the money needed for proper shiny teeth for everyone?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amffOYclBD8

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Nita posted:

Jess is one of the not lovely pubbies ingame. I asked in the channel a while ago if anyone cared if he was invited, no one had objections. We also held a RP counsel and it was unanimously voted that this game is dead, we have nothing of value to steal or spy on, and we're all alts of Gozer anyways.

We're all j4g anyways. Look at me, I made an account 2 years before the game launched just to infiltrate you and have now blown a deep cover 8 year spy account.

Jess is more tolerable now than in the Old Droz days but still stands by the fake teenage girl "lolz ^_^" poo poo that should alone disqualify him from any invite. Also, his posting in this thread is really bad, even for our low standards.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Furiously posted:

So, for the next expansion, I have to buy two ships to get one T6 ship that looks like a TOS ship correct? The T2-5 are all cosmetic ships and the others are the real ships?
Well, you don't have to, but if you want that, then yes.

Furiously
Jan 4, 2014

...and Furiously as The Beagle.

Lorak posted:

Well, you don't have to, but if you want that, then yes.

I expected 57,000 threads on how money grubbing this is on the official forums. I was sadly disappointed.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Furiously posted:

I expected 57,000 threads on how money grubbing this is on the official forums. I was sadly disappointed.

Learned helplessness.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
RIP Jess, 3 years spent waiting for his moment to get into Dental and he goes and gets banned in a couple of days.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Aleth posted:

RIP Jess, 3 years spent waiting for his moment to get into Dental and he goes and gets banned in a couple of days.

I mean, there's a workaround, but yeah, can't be in Dental without a working account.

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
Ive only logged in once in the last year and half but I'm not giving up my slot I'll never use, it's all mine and I've likely been promoted a few times in my absence.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Dr. Lariat posted:

Ive only logged in once in the last year and half but I'm not giving up my slot I'll never use, it's all mine and I've likely been promoted a few times in my absence.

The only winning move is not to play, so it was written, so it shall be.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I'm logging in right now and there's nothing you can do to stop me!

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

Morglon posted:

The only winning move is not to play, so it was written, so it shall be.

It is known.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Dr. Lariat posted:

You're definitely getting promoted now.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Does anyone have the old scene shot of the penis alien that some goon made forever ago?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Just like your posting.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Does anyone have the old scene shot of the penis alien that some goon made forever ago?

Some goon? Some goon? He was nothing short of a hero and songs should be sung in his honor.

Tuskin38
May 1, 2013

Have you seen these posts?
They're pretty popular on Reddit.
Um

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4mvh0g/hypothetical_jjprise_giveaway/

Someone pretending to be Dental again?

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

that person has been posing as us for at least a month lol

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Acer Pilot posted:

that person has been posing as us for at least a month lol
I remember seeing the account around the time Butts visited Cryptic, but it was quiet until recently.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Which one?

Are you thinking of this guy?

Mr_Ham97 posted:

Also, a good shot of Lieutenant P'niss:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Summer event info:

Vorlon ship!

TOS bathing suits!

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
That's a fine Vorlon ship. Kosh would be proud!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

But I already have the best bathing costume: an environmental suit.

Should have been the spaceship of the lung snatchers from voyager. Special ability: steals your lungs, you're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

DancingShade posted:

But I already have the best bathing costume: an environmental suit.

Should have been the spaceship of the lung snatchers from voyager. Special ability: steals your Neelix's lungs, you're hosed no tactical advantage, but it feels so good.

• Locked thread