Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hauki
May 11, 2010

Zotix posted:

Will you complete all prophecies by continually moving forward? Or will you have to backtrack for some?

You'll have to backtrack loving constantly once you reach maps. She still gives you prophecies for like mud flats and ledge in A4M.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Count Uvula posted:

Oh no... my build idea is the exact same as a duck and cover build...

It'll totally work guess I'll level a new character tomorrow.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Flameblast is cool as heck and does bonkers damage but my clear speed seems terrible at level 45 or so.

Does it get much better, or is this just a slow style?

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
So my juggernaught / discharge build has finally started to take off. I use RF and 9 endurance charge discharge, for maximum fire damage gently caress you style. I am level 70.

Perks: With just my endurance charges up, I have 17.8% life regen per second. How? 2x Kaom's Way (.4% per end charge, per ring) and the passive (.2% per end charge) for a total of 1% per charge, with the rest coming from whatever I could grab in Maurader and Templar without sacrificing too many points. I did the first endgame trial that I encountered by just running to the end, gently caress traps. Which, by the way, getting hit by a trap triggers the Juggernaught endurance charge generation. In the merciless lab I can stand on those loving spinny stick things and take hardly any damage. With these charges up, I also deal 54% increased damage and take 8% reduced elemental damage. Grand total of 80% physical mitigation with armor + charges.

I do damage primarily with RF - I have it linked to Increased Burning Damage, Elemental Focus and Increased AOE. Anything still standing that requires my attention gets a blast from 9-loving-charges Discharge, which is linked to Chance to Ignite, Fire Penetration and Controlled Destruction. I have enough regen that I don't need Purity of Fire, just a Rise of the Phoenix. Up to T3 maps so far and nothing has been a challenge, other than the fact that I'm still 20-30 undercapped for cold/lightning which isn't related to the build at all and entirely related to the RNG god loving me.

Will be interesting to see what happens when I get a Doryani's and some other goodies. In theory I can do any map mod - I can counter no regen by doing just discharge and not running RF, and I can do elemental reflect by not running discharge. Maybe some awful combination of the two mixed with -max resistances might be too much, we'll see.

J
Jun 10, 2001

I was wondering how any self cast juggernaut discharger builds were going. I seriously considered trying it but ultimately wimped out and audibled to a bog standard slayer earthquake build which is going quite well so far.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Confirmed abaxoth-viable! T10 with crit multi on map, he hit like a truck and a half.

ImsaKidd
Jul 20, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

Flameblast is cool as heck and does bonkers damage but my clear speed seems terrible at level 45 or so.

I levelled all the way through merciless with firestorm. I only switched to FB once I had a 5 link and decent gear (especially cast speed).

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

this guy needs to go gently caress himself. Repeatedly.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
Heh, had some interesting timing on gems leveling:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

J posted:

I was wondering how any self cast juggernaut discharger builds were going. I seriously considered trying it but ultimately wimped out and audibled to a bog standard slayer earthquake build which is going quite well so far.

Up to t5 maps and still nuking bosses in a few casts

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

Confirmed abaxoth-viable! T10 with crit multi on map, he hit like a truck and a half.

drat, what build are you running?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

killstealing posted:

Up to t5 maps and still nuking bosses in a few casts

How do you generate charges on bosses?
Thats my biggest problem at the moment, im currently planning on going romiras banquet+ frenzy for single target kills...

Also, does anyone know how spell echo interacts with discharge?
Lets say, for example, you are a juggernaut with volls devotion and romiras banquet.
You hit an enemy, get a power charge and hit discharge.
Would Discharge go off once with your 1 power charge, transforming it into 1 endurance charge due to Volls, which means maximum endurance charges due to Ascendancy, and go off a second time due to spell echo with max charges?

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

It gets much, much better with more cast speed and instant lightning warp.

That said, it will never be the quickest at clearing trivial content. For its clear speed to be real good, you need to be doing stuff where your absurd damage matters. Also, keep in mind that while you might not clear trash at super speed, you gain a lot of clear speed from one-shotting all elites and bosses.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How do you generate charges on bosses?
Thats my biggest problem at the moment, im currently planning on going romiras banquet+ frenzy for single target kills...

Also, does anyone know how spell echo interacts with discharge?
Lets say, for example, you are a juggernaut with volls devotion and romiras banquet.
You hit an enemy, get a power charge and hit discharge.
Would Discharge go off once with your 1 power charge, transforming it into 1 endurance charge due to Volls, which means maximum endurance charges due to Ascendancy, and go off a second time due to spell echo with max charges?

It depends on the boss. Generally speaking I don't discharge on the boss without having EC off cooldown so I can immediately generate charges again. I try not to rely on the charge generation from getting hit. I'm less careful if they're with a steady enough stream of mobs, because chances are one of them would generate charges from warlord's mark.

I don't think you can echo discharge.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Vasudus posted:

It depends on the boss. Generally speaking I don't discharge on the boss without having EC off cooldown so I can immediately generate charges again. I try not to rely on the charge generation from getting hit. I'm less careful if they're with a steady enough stream of mobs, because chances are one of them would generate charges from warlord's mark.

I don't think you can echo discharge.

How much damage did you spec in the tree?
I can melt packs without problems but bosses are painfully slow to burn down.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
You guys seen how the new shield charge plays? Holy poo poo I wanna change builds already.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i wanna see how it worksin a non glass cannon abyssus context

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

dangerdoom volvo posted:

i wanna see how it worksin a non glass cannon abyssus context

Mathil's build wasn't going full abyssus, it was just using it to beef up his facebreaker. Some dagger crit bullshit or the like will likely wind up even better.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
I wish buffs were displayed somewhere around the lifebar, would make tracking poo poo much less of a pain.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How much damage did you spec in the tree?
I can melt packs without problems but bosses are painfully slow to burn down.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive...PGs8i_2SPe599c=

This is my tree at 71. I'm currently debating on going over to Sovereignty and running a third 35% aura, or just filling out jewel spots and other things like more life. Eventually I want a +1 curse amulet so I can drop the Whispers of Doom nodes, assuming I don't run a third curse. I might end up just running Purity of Fire anyway so I have some more freedom with my gear and less damage from RF and reflect.

Up to T3 bosses so far, since that's all the map gods have allowed me to have. No real issues other than I'm still undercapped on cold/lightning.

When I get my 5th link in my Kingsguard, I'll probably put in Elemental Proliferation.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Id love to run a phoenix-less RF, but then again im in no mood whatsoever to grind leo to 3.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

voltron lion force posted:

You guys seen how the new shield charge plays? Holy poo poo I wanna change builds already.

Wait shield charge is good?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
whirling blades is dead long live the shield charge

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat

Turpitude posted:

Please invite MorgothGrond to guild.

Thanks!

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

ZenVulgarity posted:

They changed it around this patch and its a lot less janky and has a ton of aoe now. It looks really good

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
[

TheRat posted:

He filters out good crafting bases and highlights way too much crap.

I made some updates to my cut&paste theft-job: http://pastebin.com/FGDA5mX8

IDK about hardcore but on standard high ilv bases beyond harbingers sit in your stash forever and only sell for 2-5 chaos if at all past the first two weeks.

rath
Apr 25, 2005
I should be learning code instead of posting on the boards.
poetrading.jpg

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

It's charge barb from diablo 3 pretty much. Which is AMAZING. I was thinking maybe going soultaker with it? Would that be too low damage and not enough scale even though it would let me reserve all my mana?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I wonder if a Trickster version of the shield charge build might work? Your main attack would no longer cost mana, and you could go crit daggers or something.

Only major problem might be getting strength for shield charge itself, but I suppose you could use jewelry for that.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

Mystery Prize posted:

I wonder if a Trickster version of the shield charge build might work? Your main attack would no longer cost mana, and you could go crit daggers or something.

Only major problem might be getting strength for shield charge itself, but I suppose you could use jewelry for that.

Aren't there dex to str jewels as well?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
It's not hard to satisfy almost all your strength needs with just a str belt that has more str on it. You don't really lose out on too much vs. a leather belt or the 20 ES from a chain belt.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

Aren't there dex to str jewels as well?

Sure, but that means you're not using a more useful jewel in its place; a +8% ES jewel with a bunch of other damage mods is infinitely more valuable.

That might work until I have amazing gear, though.

Here is an incredibly terrible skill tree for crit dagger shield charge that noone should follow ever

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jun 6, 2016

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Mystery Prize posted:

Sure, but that means you're not using a more useful jewel in its place; a +8% ES jewel with a bunch of other damage mods is infinitely more valuable.

That might work until I have amazing gear, though.

Here is an incredibly terrible skill tree for crit dagger shield charge that noone should follow ever

Yea, it's a good start and I think CI Trickster Shield Charge could be a thing, but that tree needs some real work. Even little stuff like the Melding cluster with the Health->ES jewel.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
I'd welcome some recommendations; the points are a bit stretched thin as it is.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I can confirm that shield charge is fun as heck. I'm still leveling, but charging around at light speed watching things explode is the most fun I've had with this game.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Definitely planning on running a Shield Charge dude. I want to run it with Facebreaker though because I just love seeing the comically high numbers early on, even if it doesn't scale.

Not sure why Mathil's builds seem to run it as Slayer, but I haven't had time to theorycraft this league at all (only just got to start it yesterday). Equally uncertain why people would want to CI Trickster it - is Shield Charge really that hard to run on mana? I don't feel like you'd be able to reserve too much anyway because good luck grabbing reduced reservation nodes along with all the other poo poo you'll need to make the build even function.

Budgie
Mar 9, 2007
Yeah, like the bird.
Slayer has 20% aoe, and another 20% aoe after killing a rare/unique mob. Also onslaught.

They made slayer really good now.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
He converted a DW lacerate build. He still gets the reflect reduction, onslaught, aoe and attack speed. Plus his builds are about stacking damage, not defenses.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Budgie posted:

Slayer has 20% aoe, and another 20% aoe after killing a rare/unique mob. Also onslaught.

They made slayer really good now.

Any mob, actually. 20% more damage and culling strike from 20% hp go a long way, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

theshim posted:

Definitely planning on running a Shield Charge dude. I want to run it with Facebreaker though because I just love seeing the comically high numbers early on, even if it doesn't scale.

Not sure why Mathil's builds seem to run it as Slayer, but I haven't had time to theorycraft this league at all (only just got to start it yesterday). Equally uncertain why people would want to CI Trickster it - is Shield Charge really that hard to run on mana? I don't feel like you'd be able to reserve too much anyway because good luck grabbing reduced reservation nodes along with all the other poo poo you'll need to make the build even function.

Slayer because it is absolutely insane this patch. Huge offensive bonuses from 20% cull, 20% more damage, 20% AoE and 20 seconds of Onslaught. Great defenses from insane leech that doesn't drop at max HP on top of bleed and stun immunity. Slayer went from the worst to one of the best ascendancy classes.

Trickster has several huge attack speed bonuses, flat 250 ES, free charge means you reserve 100% so you get a bonus aura. And the frenzy on kill is nice as Blood Rage is lovely to use as CI. It's not the biggest damage boost, but it is a lot of nice bonuses that make for easy gearing and playing.

• Locked thread