Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Their lives are probably so pathetic and devoid of joy that how good Baylor football is at the moment is a major part of their ego. So yeah it was worth it to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

There's a thread on BaylorFans that asked almost exactly that. I didn't see a single poster say they wouldn't change anything about 2011-April 2016.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
So a whole thread of people that would watch this and go "I don't get it..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TM2RUVnTlvs

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Jesus selling your soul all for a few decent bowl games and zero shot at a national title. Doesn't seem worth it.
Has anyone blamed this on Bob Bowlsby yet?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Has anyone blamed this on Bob Bowlsby yet?

Yes, along with the Big 12 as a whole, TCU, OU, Texas, A&M, ESPN, and the liberal media wanting to destroy a Baptist institution.

Everyone is out to get lil' ole Baylor because they hated that they got good and pissed off UT. And of course "if ESPN investigated any other P5 institution they'd find stuff just as bad!"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Time for my monthly check-in on StingTalk.

Here ends my monthly check-in on StingTalk.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

Time for my monthly check-in on StingTalk.

Here ends my monthly check-in on StingTalk.

Its...possible...that he's not wrong?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thread Title: "Shouldn't BU Release All Incoming Players from LOI"

quote:

No. People lose their leaders all of the time. Does not mean they get to walk away from their obligation. Young men in war, many the same age as these players, lose their field commanders all of the time. Sometimes even at the hand of death. Does not mean they get to pack their bags and go home. The new jack comes in and they keep fighting. Just the way it is.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

rebel1608 posted:

Thread Title: "Shouldn't BU Release All Incoming Players from LOI"

This analogy is bullshit. Soldiers get paid for their work.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I compare student athletes to the horrific reality of war

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm the hand of death

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

186 posted:

This analogy is bullshit. Soldiers get paid for their work.

quote:

No. People lose their leaders all of the time. Does not mean they get to walk away from their obligation. Young interns, many the same age as these players, lose their slave drivers all of the time. Sometimes even at the hand of death. Does not mean they get to shed their chains and go home. The new master comes in and they keep fetching coffee. Just the way it is. 

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
God I just love that this guy exists and probs my has a wife and kids.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Chilichimp posted:

I'm the hand of death

Please don't poach my black metal band's name tia

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
Amazing. Poe's Law is in full effect here.

quote:

God wants us to win football games. He forgives sin and mistakes and he detests pious message board posts. It's very possible (and I think likely) Briles and our team is being sacrificed by misguided individuals who actually believe winning is "nice" but not important. Baylor being kicked out of Power 5 status will create a downward spiral of irrelevance both in the sports world and every other world. This could have been handled where we do right by God without concerning itself with the anti-Christian media but the BOR decided that to do right by God they had to do right by ESPN. Huge mistake that will cost us millions and jeopardizes our relevance.

I don't know you [Poster] and I imagine you are a great Godly man who desires to be even greater but this Football doesn't matter as much as our image concept is harmful and at the root of self destructive and unfixable snap decisions.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thermos H Christ posted:

That entire thread is loving bonkers

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Thermos H Christ posted:

You can repent if you rape someone. But there's no contrition for missing out on bowl games!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I have never been more happy to read

quote:

You Must Be Registered and Logged On To View User Signatures...

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Thermos H Christ posted:

Football fans are the worst. Good god.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
"Rape is bad, but what's worse is being denied a chance at the playoffs."

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thermos H Christ posted:

It's like a King of the Hill character

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
So this exists and I suppose it goes here

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rebel1608 posted:

So long, and thanks for all of the rape scandals.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

rebel1608 posted:

This has to be a honeypot to catch terrible people.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
The depth of human callousness is just amazing.

http://jezebel.com/father-of-stanford-rapist-argues-his-son-should-not-be-1780656927

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Brock has been so mopey ever since he raped that girl life just isn't fair

Also this is basically a response to this:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra

That dad can gently caress right off and die because his dumbass son ruined the poo poo out of that girl's life.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jun 6, 2016

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I think the girl wrote a letter about the sentencing, saying that she doesn't even necessarily want him to have his life ruined, but for him to just confront the violence he did onto her and recognize that it hurt her.

Though that's probably a big mistake with regard to any and all sorts of legal ramifications, but still

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

pillsburysoldier posted:

I think the girl wrote a letter about the sentencing, saying that she doesn't even necessarily want him to have his life ruined, but for him to just confront the violence he did onto her and recognize that it hurt her.

Though that's probably a big mistake with regard to any and all sorts of legal ramifications, but still

She read this letter at his sentencing: https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.goB0r7P2n#.uwjk8RmVJ

Which meticulously breaks down his crime, embarrassing defenses and really just decimates him as a person.

So naturally he got 6 months probation.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

She read this letter at his sentencing: https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbaker/heres-the-powerful-letter-the-stanford-victim-read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.goB0r7P2n#.uwjk8RmVJ

Which meticulously breaks down his crime, embarrassing defenses and really just decimates him as a person.

So naturally he got 6 months probation.

I read about this and it's gross...

But what does this have to do with football? Wasn't this guy a swimmer or some poo poo?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

White people, am I right?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

White people, am I right?

Not in this case, no. Rape isn't a white people problem.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Mainly talking about the 6 month probation for a rape charge but ok

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Chilichimp posted:

I read about this and it's gross...

But what does this have to do with football? Wasn't this guy a swimmer or some poo poo?

Not much, just a followup to NC-17's post and probably posted here because there's no lovely posts thread in SAS proper and because it's a fun contrast to Baylor.

Or maybe it's Rape chat monday, e/o.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Is his father Art Briles?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ostentatious posted:

Mainly talking about the 6 month probation for a rape charge but ok

He got 6 months in county jail, not probation.

It's still BULLSHIT, but it's not 6 months probation, which would be flaming loving meteor bullshit.

edit:

also, point taken, white people get off for gross poo poo.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
San Jose Merc, what the gently caress happened?
http://www.mercurynews.com/scott-herhold/ci_29966203/brock-turner-deserves-county-jail-not-state-prison

quote:

But probation officials, who see hundreds of less remorseful defendants, had it right. Turner should be given six months in county jail. He is not, as the prosecution has it, "a continued threat to the community."

Why do I say that? The probation people cite his lack of a criminal record and what they see as genuine remorse. His attorneys have argued that the ex-swimmer has a record of real accomplishment.

"I would give anything to change what happened that night." Turner wrote in a statement to probation authorities that was quoted in a defense brief. "I can never forgive myself for imposing trauma and pain on (the victim)."

Severity

Nobody should be confused about the severity of this case for him. For the rest of his life, Turner will have to register as a convicted sex offender. That effectively closes many career avenues. It's a permanent blight.

:barf: now that everyone knows he made a mistake once, this poor Stanford kid will never get to work at Goldman Sachs.:qq:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Chichevache posted:

San Jose Merc, what the gently caress happened?
http://www.mercurynews.com/scott-herhold/ci_29966203/brock-turner-deserves-county-jail-not-state-prison

:barf: now that everyone knows he made a mistake once, this poor Stanford kid will never get to work at Goldman Sachs.:qq:

But... his bright future...

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

If he's still going to Stanford and talks to the right people, he could probably still work at Goldman Sachs pretty easily.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

If he's still going to Stanford and talks to the right people, he could probably still work at Goldman Sachs pretty easily.

But what will they do with a guiltless, pod-person who is willing to do anything in order to satisfy his lizard brain's need for immediate gratification?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Little known fact, they tried the Stanford Prison experiment at 99 other schools in the country, and 99 times no one got hurt.

• Locked thread