Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

keevo posted:

How does the team that hasn't won since 2012 and currently has no title sponsor get more sponsorship money than Mercedes?

wicka's reasons but also they're not counting Mercedes themselves in those numbers but Mercedes reserve a big part of the car and largely dictate the colourscheme which limits their potential a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

simplefish posted:

God drat this is adorable
Ricciardo only wishes he had pitstops that good.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
It would make no sense for Pastor to waste his sponsorship money in Haryanto's awful Manor. He's way better off as the Pirelli test driver, learning valuable secrets for next year at Ferrari

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

poty posted:

It would make no sense for Pastor to waste his sponsorship money in Haryanto's awful Manor. He's way better off as the Pirelli test driver, learning valuable secrets for next year at Ferrari

A gig with Pirelli certainly did wonders for Jaime Alguersuari and Lucas di Grassi's f1 careers...

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Oh hey Are Lewis is promoting the sport with Bieber!!!!

http://www.theverge.com/2016/6/6/11870724/justin-bieber-lewis-hamilton-surfing-jetsurf

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I'm glad our lewis isn't even bothering with a beard any more

That beiber seems like a nice young lad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm actually surprised Richard Mille are associating with McLaren, I've always considered them to be as tasteless as Hublot, so the stodgy boring team look is a weird one.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

poty posted:

what sponsorship money

Pycckuu
Sep 13, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

aequalis posted:

Doesn't look like Maldonado has secured that race seat at Manor, but he might be ripe for the picking for a lower paying position.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGT6XOVnLZQ/

Maldonado... owns?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Pycckuu posted:

Maldonado... owns?

Of course he does, it's like with Alonso who this thread hated until they came to their senses.

Pastor ftw

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Pastor should join Williams pit crew

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Pastor should assemble plastic toys for children.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Pastor should join the Scuderia Ferrari and return them to their former glory.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I know this might seem a little out there but I think Pastor would be a fantastic choice for Red Bull.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Pastor should star in his own action movie - oh wait he already did and it was glorious.

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

nsaP posted:

I know this might seem a little out there but I think Pastor would be a fantastic choice for Red Bull.
He'd be a huge improvement over their current pit crew, that's for sure.

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!

Norns posted:

Pastor should join Williams pit crew

Pastor was horribly disfigured in a Williams pit fire and the psychological damage he sustained men't he was never able to win a race again.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Pastor should assemble plastic toys for children.

With the way their country is going, might not be long now.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Please tell me they're doing an album together.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
The pace is about as fast as an F1 car, absolute insanity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nlzxR6lN7Q

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Is the '97 season worth watching?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Yes.

:canada:

edit: On a serious note I watched it and it has ended up being one of my favorite seasons now. Williams is a team in decline but still by far the best car in the field and Schumacher is just giving it his all trying to fight for the championship in a bad Ferrari. I really went into that season thinking Schumacher was just another punter who won in good cars but I was pretty convinced that the man was just on a completely different level from everyone else for most of his career having watched that season. It also features Our Austrian Blessed Saint of Swearing's final win, and to top it all off a bad british WDC gets proven a fraud and loses the only race he could've won because his team cheaped out on a 40 cent part.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jun 8, 2016

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules
Apparently the Olympic torch is going to be at the Montreal GP doing some event before the race. They should invite FIFA to do something and have the most corrupt sporting event ever held.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Ovo posted:

Apparently the Olympic torch is going to be at the Montreal GP doing some event before the race. They should invite FIFA to do something and have the most corrupt sporting event ever held.

F1 is not corrupt. It's completely open about the money they use for bribes. Just ask Ecclestone and the German justice system

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

Yes.

:canada:

edit: On a serious note I watched it and it has ended up being one of my favorite seasons now. Williams is a team in decline but still by far the best car in the field and Schumacher is just giving it his all trying to fight for the championship in a bad Ferrari. I really went into that season thinking Schumacher was just another punter who won in good cars but I was pretty convinced that the man was just on a completely different level from everyone else for most of his career having watched that season. It also features Our Austrian Blessed Saint of Swearing's final win, and to top it all off a bad british WDC gets proven a fraud and loses the only race he could've won because his team cheaped out on a 40 cent part.

I glanced over the wiki for this season and based off seeing that Schumacher lost right before his Ferrari reign of terror and a "rookie" wins in his second F1 season, it has to be a good one. I can't figure out where/how to watch and I'd ask but I know that is too :filez: :tinfoil:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Check the reddit F1 steaming page. It's not like you can pay anyone to watch the 97 season.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

GramCracker posted:

I glanced over the wiki for this season and based off seeing that Schumacher lost right before his Ferrari reign of terror and a "rookie" wins in his second F1 season, it has to be a good one. I can't figure out where/how to watch and I'd ask but I know that is too :filez: :tinfoil:

It's a shame what happened at the end of the season because if Schumacher hadn't done what he did Try to take out Villeneuve only to have it backfire horribly that season likely would've gone down in history with one of the greatest robberies of deserved WDCs.

I'm not the biggest Schumi fan but 97 really puts into context what he's capable of doing even in bad car when he's determined.

And yeah all I can say is that I've got no cable, started following F1 in 2010 and managed to watch all of 97. There are ways to watch it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
1997 also has the last attractive F1 cars.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

it's shocking that none of you quoted this and instead opted for that video of Baku, this right here is why Monaco is cool as hell, because poo poo just look at this

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

It's a shame what happened at the end of the season because if Schumacher hadn't done what he did Try to take out Villeneuve only to have it backfire horribly that season likely would've gone down in history with one of the greatest robberies of deserved WDCs.

He did it to Hill, and he will forever be a oval office for that, however I hope he makes it back

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hill was bad and him winning the 1994 title would have been a travesty so I don't blame Schumi

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The fact that Villeneuve was able to take the title fight to the final round against Hill in his first year in F1 speaks plenty about Damon's qualities as a driver.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Damon Hill is a national treasure.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

The fact that Villeneuve was able to take the title fight to the final round against Hill in his first year in F1 speaks plenty about Damon's qualities as a driver.

This.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

Hill was bad and him winning the 1994 title would have been a travesty so I don't blame Schumi

Hill should have won, not because he was a good driver but because the car he was driving was massively superior to everything else.

And before anyone brings it up; The B194 was not better than the FW16.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

gret posted:

Damon Hill is a national treasure.

That's what people used to say about Jimmy Savile

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I wish they would make a version of this map with the location of posters from all over Europe who attack Our Damon in an unfair way, would win quite a few votes I reckon

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Brainwrong posted:

That's what people used to say about Jimmy Savile

That's exactly why Hill isn't a national treasure in England, because he hasn't raped thousands of kids

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

poty posted:

I wish they would make a version of this map with the location of posters from all over Europe who attack Our Damon in an unfair way, would win quite a few votes I reckon

I love how they label Syria and Iraq, because hey that's where the really bad people are and look how close they are to countries wanting to join the EU!

Sorry for the derail, everything about the 'leave' campaign pisses me off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

Hill should have won, not because he was a good driver but because the car he was driving was massively superior to everything else.

And before anyone brings it up; The B194 was not better than the FW16.

Damon Hill possessed the supreme skills needed to tame the monster that was the FW16, unlike Ayrton Senna.

• Locked thread