Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Daco Vato posted:

Hey by the way man I was on probation when you did it so I couldn't respond but thanks for eulogizing Talon. I'm working on trying to get him back at some point. That was very cool of you, just like that other thing you did too. He's a bit stubborn but I'll continue to chip away at the stone there. Means a lot - you know who he is to me. You're top shelf.

Yeah, I figured out he had quit, and was writing the SIG Update when it hit me and we realized that he quit, and was still the most active ganker for the month, over 2 leadership dudes, one with 3 DPS and one with 8 DPS. He was a cool dude and probably one of the line members I've played with the longest. He was there for lovely early Boney fleets filled with impromptu fleet-wide hyperdunks, welped taloses, fleets where we had 0 hope of getting the loot. He was for the longest time our most active member papwise, he was reliable, etc. And he was someone I could talk college football with in the fall. It's lovely that the game changed in such a way that he decided he no longer wanted to play. But such is the nature of the game. But, ofc, if he ever comes back, I wont drag rear end on pushing his butan back into MiniRub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4mtks7/propaganda_oss_build_first_publically_available/

Looks like Suas's new gimmick is to convince people to mine/70% loot buyback a Keepstar for him to steal, since Titans aren't valuable enough.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Turns out Salastil isn't alliance leadership and wildly speculates about everything.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Massasoit posted:

Turns out Salastil isn't alliance leadership and wildly speculates about everything.

yeah, but i heard "october" from more than one person, maybe it was a meme

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!
Ill be your friend Paco, Im lonely too.
:toot:

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

If you hear anything from anyone high chance it's wild speculation because the people that make shadowy decisions know better than to say anything to the leaky as gently caress pl line member

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Beanbox posted:

Ill be your friend Paco, Im lonely too.
:toot:

Thanks friend :h:

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014
So what is the state of the Imperium now? Is it even fun or worth it for a noob player to try to join Goonswarm?

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

Syndic Thrass posted:

Sorry paco, but much like the cfc dot, I don't owe you content.

No, but there's an argument to be made that you owe it to yourself to think up some new material. Comics who steal jokes and then beat them into the ground aren't funny, they're Carlos Mencia.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

I'm really curious where you pulled that October figure from- but I mean, whatever you gotta say to save face :shrug:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

PL is moving to fountain this week, sorry mbc!

if pl needs a place to stage in fountain may i humbly recommend http://evemaps.dotlan.net/system/Y-2ANO

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Xolve posted:

I'm really curious where you pulled that October figure from- but I mean, whatever you gotta say to save face :shrug:

i pulled it from your buddy youtuber

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Zaradis posted:

So what is the state of the Imperium now? Is it even fun or worth it for a noob player to try to join Goonswarm?

Goonswarm has lost our space, but has largely maintained its cohesion and currently lives in Saranen. This is definitely an interesting time for a new player to join Goonswarm - things are happening, there's always something to do - but there is less hand-holding for new players as a result of a fairly all-encompasing war effort.

If you are interested it's probably the best time to join in a while.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

Dank meme breh. I'm frankly getting a bit tired of your schtick Syndic. You bring less than nothing to the table. You don't have anything intelligent to say or add to this or any conversation I've seen you interact in so it's hurf-a-blurf shut the gently caress up paco. "Hey look I told paco to shut up! I'm cool, right guys? Right? Guys?" Look at how transparent and unoriginal you are.

There's a lot of talk about moving goalposts in this thread, but the worst moving goalposts are the posting ones. If you make a post as insipid as this and you're part of the cool kids club then it's all well and good. Yeah you've been a goon for a long time -- so what? Lots of inept people stay in one place for a long time -- it's not an accomplishment. If someone like Mara comes at me (which he does) and tells me to shut the gently caress up I can at least say yeah okay dude doesn't like my posting but at least he's a decent poster and a contributor to the alliance and I like him for it and tell him I like him. All you are is a boring carnival barker. Space Trump without the space bucks. Maybe it's time you shut the gently caress up for a change.

I don't really see how cracking a joke is being bitter, but keep smugging it up. We get it, you pushed the button and reported me and you're very proud of yourself over it. Congratulations. You come off like a whiny baby but hey whatever floats your boat vyst. Please keep posting on our internal forums though because it's fun to dunk on you there and watch morons like Lord Benz (who follows me around like a jilted ex to negrep almost all of my posts by the way) to come whiteknight for your stupid rear end. Hate to say I told you so indeed.

So that's what's up with me. At a point where I'm sick of this game and the people in it. I don't have any friends left in goons so really there's not much reason for me to stick around. The en vogue thing to do at this point is some fancy goonfuckery or rage against the system of a bizkit like Angelique did but I don't have it in me because I don't feel that way. I love goons as a collective and as an idea but individual goons... not so much. The worst torture I can apparently inflict on you guys is sticking around and posting so I'll keep doing that because that seems to make some people madder than anything else and if I leave they get to smug about it and I just can't have that.

And yes, before any of you nerds go and lick the cheeto dust off your fingers (except vyst he probably does the Rick Ross pear diet now) and say it, let me save you the trouble. :condi: and kisses, guys.

lol look at all of these fuckin words im not reading

vyst fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 6, 2016

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

evilweasel posted:

Goonswarm has lost our space, but has largely maintained its cohesion and currently lives in Saranen. This is definitely an interesting time for a new player to join Goonswarm - things are happening, there's always something to do - but there is less hand-holding for new players as a result of a fairly all-encompasing war effort.

Cool, I'll definitely get to work on that later tonight. Thanks.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Glory of Arioch posted:

i pulled it from your buddy youtuber

Massasoit posted:

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

it's a great time to learn about insta-undocking/docking mechanics and weaponized boredom, if that's what you're into

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

lol look at all of these fuckin words im not reading

Not gonna lie that's a pretty edgy post fam. You'd get along well with my 13 year old you guys seem about the same level of edginess. Do you play Melee or Project M? Maybe you can make a new friend.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

throwing your buddy under the bus, not cool dude

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

it's a great time to learn about insta-undocking/docking mechanics and weaponized boredom, if that's what you're into

no better time to learn things on a harsh curve like that than when you're flying free frigates

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Glory of Arioch posted:

throwing your buddy under the bus, not cool dude

well it was globby who's right, so...

evilweasel posted:

no better time to learn things on a harsh curve like that than when you're flying free frigates

no better time to not be able to experience most of the game, because you're wardecced and station camped

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

oh god not a wardec and lowsec hellcamp :stonk:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

no better time to not be able to experience most of the game, because you're wardecced and station camped

considering he's a new player, he doesn't get to experience most of the game because of skill points anyways

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

Not gonna lie that's a pretty edgy post fam. You'd get along well with my 13 year old you guys seem about the same level of edginess. Do you play Melee or Project M? Maybe you can make a new friend.

I get along well with everyone because I'm pretty easy going and have a wide variety of interests

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Join groon, die hilariously in syndicate today!

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

Oh no, a sad wet fart of a station camp that's only active for a couple hours a day and fucks right off the second we undock in numbers, what on earth will our poor newbees do??? :ohdear:

(The answer: fly free ewar frigates and poop on the idiots loitering around our porch.)

The amount of loot and salvage is also great for newbies, but they might have to fight off our more dedicated krabby vultures for a chance to get at it.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

I get along well with everyone because I'm pretty easy going and have a wide variety of interests

Not quite everyone there, muchacho.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Landsknecht posted:

if we can't get out of the station you guys sure seem to be self-destructing a lot of ships for no reason :confused:

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

evilweasel posted:

if we can't get out of the station you guys sure seem to be self-destructing a lot of ships for no reason :confused:

we have a C02 nightmare fleet trapped in a station 2 jumps away from Saranen local is brutal

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Mnoba posted:

we have a C02 nightmare fleet trapped in a station 2 jumps away from Saranen local is brutal

wait if C02 is self-destructing another faction BS fleet that's p funny

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

Not quite everyone there, muchacho.

I don't want to get along with you because you're not a cool person.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

Elmnt80 posted:

Join groon, die hilariously in syndicate today!

Wear GROON shirts

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I can't tell if CO2 are really awful, are really bad at taking unwinnable fights, or just don't care if their poo poo blows up or doesn't.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

I don't want to get along with you because you're not a cool person.

Okay just clarifying there because you said "everyone."

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Be a cool and good poster and you can be added to the list again.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Goatman Sacks posted:

I can't tell if CO2 are really awful, are really bad at taking unwinnable fights, or just don't care if their poo poo blows up or doesn't.

I'm pretty sure you know the answer to this

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

Be a cool and good poster and you can be added to the list again.

Come now you know I'll never be a good poster when the goalposts defining that are constantly shifting. I just said the same thing a few posts up. I tried being cool with you, chill, telling you that you did a good job, congratulating you on your personal victory, telling you we missed you. All of that is still true, but yet you continue to come at me and come and come and come (feels good man etc.) I don't care about the report on me I deserved the probation like I said - my problem is that you smugged about reporting which is like... "I'm gonna tellllll!" It's schoolyard bullshit and you're supposed to be better than that, man. It's all more disappointing than anything else actually because you honestly can be a cool dude I've seen it -- just not with me, so as a result I'm uncool back. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

My paco essence aside, I'm honestly a pretty chill guy who spends most of his waking hours too stoned to get truly worked up over anything. I don't say this to :toot: my own horn, just to make a point. You don't have to believe me or agree and that's fine, but I've had a lot of years of introspection and empirical feedback from people which buttresses this claim, so it's not completely unfounded. The fact is that you chose to come at me so early on in my eve life and keep at it actually shows that you didn't give me much of a chance at all from the get go. You just seemed to have glommed on to the "be a dick to paco" train pretty quickly. I mean you RO'd me for badposting... in helldump. I must be the only goon ever RO'd for a post in helldump. If that's not targeting I don't know what is.

I took the time out of my busy work day to write this out because I think there is something worth salvaging here honestly. I think you're truly pretty chill and if you did come back I'd not want you to think I'm out to get you or anything like that -- I'm not out to get anyone, I'm just... me.

Let's just call it a detente and leave it at that, shall we? Thanks.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Daco Vato posted:

Come now you know I'll never be a good poster when the goalposts defining that are constantly shifting. I just said the same thing a few posts up. I tried being cool with you, chill, telling you that you did a good job, congratulating you on your personal victory, telling you we missed you. All of that is still true, but yet you continue to come at me and come and come and come (feels good man etc.) I don't care about the report on me I deserved the probation like I said - my problem is that you smugged about reporting which is like... "I'm gonna tellllll!" It's schoolyard bullshit and you're supposed to be better than that, man. It's all more disappointing than anything else actually because you honestly can be a cool dude I've seen it -- just not with me, so as a result I'm uncool back. Quid pro quo, Clarice.

My paco essence aside, I'm honestly a pretty chill guy who spends most of his waking hours too stoned to get truly worked up over anything. I don't say this to :toot: my own horn, just to make a point. You don't have to believe me or agree and that's fine, but I've had a lot of years of introspection and empirical feedback from people which buttresses this claim, so it's not completely unfounded. The fact is that you chose to come at me so early on in my eve life and keep at it actually shows that you didn't give me much of a chance at all from the get go. You just seemed to have glommed on to the "be a dick to paco" train pretty quickly. I mean you RO'd me for badposting... in helldump. I must be the only goon ever RO'd for a post in helldump. If that's not targeting I don't know what is.

I took the time out of my busy work day to write this out because I think there is something worth salvaging here honestly. I think you're truly pretty chill and if you did come back I'd not want you to think I'm out to get you or anything like that -- I'm not out to get anyone, I'm just... me.

Let's just call it a detente and leave it at that, shall we? Thanks.

This whole blob of words is exactly why you will never be a chill nor good poster. You wrote a novel to contrast what I said. That is neither chill, nor good.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Wear GROON shirts

aw hell yeah! Wearing mine today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice

vyst posted:

This whole blob of words is exactly why you will never be a chill nor good poster. You wrote a novel to contrast what I said. That is neither chill, nor good.

okay welp I tried.

• Locked thread