Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

pillsburysoldier posted:

If he's still going to Stanford and talks to the right people, he could probably still work at Goldman Sachs pretty easily.

He's not going to Stanford.

He might get into some other Ivy League, though, but not on an NCAA scholarship, so his parents will have to be richish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Chichevache posted:

But what will they do with a guiltless, pod-person who is willing to do anything in order to satisfy his lizard brain's need for immediate gratification?

Oh boy you should look up Ethan Couch and Robert H. Richards!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

the mindset of rich America fascinates and scares me

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Oh boy you should look up Ethan Couch and Robert H. Richards!

I already have them in my spank bank.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
lol I love when people get the most random bug up their rear end about off topic posts that aren't all that off topic

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Re: Baylor not releasing more details/a full PH report

Baylor was just honoring Ali by rope-a-doping you fuckers :smug:

quote:

BOR = Genius! Media, not so much.
1) The entire media look like idiots for not doing their due diligence and for demanding to see a document that never even existed.

2) To all you BOR haters, you have been duped. You think you deserve to see something that has no right to be seen by you even if it did exist. You had a better chance of getting to see the minutes of a deacons meeting in your church than this report...if it even existed. Which it does not.

3) The PH investigation is a private investigation paid for by private funds. Written or verbal, it does not belong to anyone who did not pay for it, any more than your neighbor has a right to see a psychological evaluation of your kid. Just because they are your neighbor and their kid plays hopscotch with yours, does not give them the right to see or know a drat thing.

4) Some of the men on the BOR, like Hurd and Beauchamp and others, run multi-billion dollar public corporations every day under a tremendous amount of scrutiny by the smartest people in the world. The pukes at ESPN could not play tiddlywinks with the kind of people that hammer on these guys on a daily basis. Ever heard of the SEC? Or Goldman Sachs? So for those of you that think you know so much? Just shut up. You look and sound intellectually pathetic. You actually think that Baylor's BOR is going to bungle this thing simply because you cannot comprehend strategy? Get back on your mother's sofa.

5) Get ready. The worm is about to turn.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Oh, firing all those people? They never did anything wrong, it is all part of the plan. Dance, puppets.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

AAA DOLFAN posted:

lol I love when people get the most random bug up their rear end about off topic posts that aren't all that off topic

I was just asking because I didn't know if he was on the football team

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

rebel1608 posted:

Re: Baylor not releasing more details/a full PH report

Baylor was just honoring Ali by rope-a-doping you fuckers :smug:

I can imagine the Jesus of Football hand-wringing like this

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
5) Get ready. The worm is about to turn. 

Is this a Texas thing?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It's a version of this.

quote:

expression used to convey the message that even the meekest or most docile of creatures will retaliate or get revenge if pushed too far.

Which makes that whole thing just a touch more slimy.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Let's turn it back around and make it topical again, remember Brian Banks?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...NSports+Twitter

quote:

Banks, who works in the NFL's Los Angeles office, was 16 years old when he was accused of rape and tried as an adult. He was sent to juvenile hall for a year before his case came up. He faced 41 years to life in prison and first turned down plea deals for 25, 18 and nine years. Why? He didn't do it. He finally agreed to undergo 90 days of observation in Chico State Prison with assurances from his attorney that he would then get probation. It was a better option, he was told, than a young black kid facing an all-white jury.

Instead, Banks received six years from the judge.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

She also sued the school district for ~$10 million, and the only way Banks cleared his name, after serving the time, was secretly taping a conversation with her where she apologized.

what a horrible everything

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Kalli posted:

Let's turn it back around and make it topical again, remember Brian Banks?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...NSports+Twitter

Well, HIS future wasn't bright, dontchaknow?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
A Stanford law professor is launching a recall effor for the judge who gave Brock the 6 month sentence.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jun/06/stanford-sexual-assault-judge-recall

quote:

Further scrutiny on the judge’s remarks at sentencing appear to suggest he concluded the defendant had “less moral culpability” because he was drunk, and that a light sentence would be an “antidote” to the anxiety he had suffered from intense media attention on the case.

Michele Landis Dauber, a Stanford law professor who has been outspoken about sexual assault policies on campus, said she is launching the recall campaign against Aaron Persky, Santa Clara County superior court judge.

Persky, a Stanford alumnus, was captain of the lacrosse team when he was an undergraduate.

“He has made women at Stanford and across California less safe,” said Dauber, who attended the sentencing hearing and is also a family friend of the 23-year-old victim. “The judge bent over backwards in order to make an exception … and the message to women and students is ‘you’re on your own,’ and the message to potential perpetrators is, ‘I’ve got your back.’”

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
a lacrosse player soft on rape well I never

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

All the ones I've met have a hard on for it

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

But it's the opposite?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

MrLogan posted:

But it's the opposite?

no, Persky

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

quote:

He also didn't include a single example of true racism. If you believe Caucasians are superior, that doesn't make you a racist. But if you bring that belief to life through action, that's the point prejudice becomes racism.

:what:

edit: for context this is someone explaining their assertion that Donald Trump isn't racist.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 12, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

:what:

edit: for context this is someone explaining their assertion that Donald Trump isn't racist.

He did an amazing job. That is only the dictionary definition of racism.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
hahahahah oh my god Baylor

"Sharing our story"

quote:

Has anybody thought that we might gain some traction by reaching out to share our story on other schools' message forums?

Right now, as a fan base, we're very much alone and very much victims. In my opinion, other schools have reacted negatively to our plight ONLY because they don't really know the facts as well as we know them.

By reaching out to other forums to defend CAB, to correct the misperceptions about our football players and alleged crimes, and explaining why it's important for us to reverse the BOR's rush to judgment to bring CAB back to the sidelines, we can slowly gain popular support.

Once we get popular opinion on our side, the BOR will be forced to hear our message.

I'm terrible at organizing these types of things, but I would be willing to share our story with other schools' fan bases...except Texas because none of this would have even happened if it weren't for them and the stupid LHN.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

rebel1608 posted:

hahahahah oh my god Baylor

"Sharing our story"

Jesus loving Christ

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The real comedy will come when Texas fires charlie strong and hires art at the end of the year.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Jesus the level of delusion

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Someone suggest them reaching out to a Penn State forum and then watch the magic happen.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I would just like to remind everyone that this is a school that wouldn't even be in the position it's in if it hadn't lucked into having a bunch of alums in the Texas legislature in the mid 90s when the SWC fell apart, and even then was a complete loving joke for about 15 years after that.

We are talking about a school that tore down its goalposts because they beat KANSAS but yeah the entire college football world is out to get them.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

If Houston wasn't in the way, I'd suggest just digging a trench from the gulf to Baylor and sinking the entire loving thing.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Good lord, what is the context of that thread?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Neil Armbong posted:

Good lord, what is the context of that thread?

Im going to imagine 'punishments for the BoR for temporarily valuing rape over wins'

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Some things are just not worth knowing. The context of that discussion is a good candidate.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

go3 posted:

Im going to imagine 'punishments for the BoR for temporarily valuing rape over wins'

They're keeping those wins tho

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

go3 posted:

I think it was something like that. I just pulled that screenshot from Twitter, because lol at paying for a 24/7 account.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

quote:

I imagine that quietly they are asking the CDC to investigate what is causing this insane outbreak of Jungle Fever. It obviously overtook the coeds at Baylor but they will soon find out it is everywhere. Must be the genuine Alabama Black Snake that is curiously affecting everyone

http://www.baylorfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=308829

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

Oh my godddddd we should probably just let the terrorists win at this point

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

First take today is apparently a panel of 4 women, and I bet you can take a guess at what the running feed of twitter first take mentions right now:

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=first%20take&src=typd

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Kalli posted:

First take today is apparently a panel of 4 women, and I bet you can take a guess at what the running feed of twitter first take mentions right now:

http://www.thewrap.com/skip-bayless-first-take-subs-include-six-women-twitter-explodes-in-sexism/ lol check the first example

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Kalli posted:

HOW COME WE NEVER SEE A PANEL OF FOUR MEN ABOUT SPORTS, HUH?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lol using pftcommentator is hilarious

• Locked thread