Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

DrVenkman posted:

Turns out that Superman is going to be appearing in SUPERGIRL after all. It's not going to be Cavil though (Please don't be Tom Welling).

Don't worry, Tom Welling is taking a scorched-earth approach regarding his time as "superman"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

DrVenkman posted:

Turns out that Superman is going to be appearing in SUPERGIRL after all. It's not going to be Cavil though (Please don't be Tom Welling).

If it's Brandon Routh, I'll poo poo my pants.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

DrVenkman posted:

Brandon Routh for maximum confusion.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

DrVenkman posted:

At long least we can see the triumphant return, of Dean Cain.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Neo Rasa posted:

At long least we can see the triumphant return, of Dean Cain.

I don't watch the show, but doesn't he play Kara's adoptive dad?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Equeen posted:

I don't watch the show, but doesn't he play Kara's adoptive dad?

Presumed dead adoptive dad who is involved in shenanigans with Project Cadmus.

I know it won't be Routh, but he would be prefect.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I'm assuming you guys are joking but Routh is already a major DC TV character

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

That didn't stop the showrunners from getting John Wesley-Shipp to be both Henry Allen and Jay Garrick.

And with Routh they have a chance to make some sort of meta-joke about the whole thing.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Brandon Routh would also probaby say yes. I still say he was a great loving Superman.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

His version of Ray Palmer/Atom was also originally meant to be Blue Beetle before WB wants to save the character for a movie (rumored to be written by Arrow/Flash showrunner Greg Berlanti). It explains why he looks like budget Iron Man.

Scyantific posted:

That didn't stop the showrunners from getting John Wesley-Shipp to be both Henry Allen and Jay Garrick.

I think that one is justified by Allen and Garrick being from different realities.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

The MSJ posted:

His version of Ray Palmer/Atom was also originally meant to be Blue Beetle before WB wants to save the character for a movie (rumored to be written by Arrow/Flash showrunner Greg Berlanti). It explains why he looks like budget Iron Man.

I think that one is justified by Allen and Garrick being from different realities.

Supergirl doesn't take place in the Arrowverse, either.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Hollismason posted:

Brandon Routh would also probaby say yes. I still say he was a great loving Superman.

I thought he made a better Clark Kent than Superman.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Jeff Goldblum gave an interview with a few details on his role in Thor 3.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3955063...n-thor-ragnarok

Main bits:

- He expects to be on set filming for about a month. Hinting that Grandmaster has a fairly large amount of screentime for a supporting character.
- He has a partial script, but Taika Waititi is encouraging him to improvise the role.
- His role is a sort of dark comedy role to balance out the more serious Hela and Skurge.

Asked to describe the character and how he will play him, he says:

quote:

He’s a hedonist, a pleasure-seeker, an enjoyer of life and tastes and smells. I thought, ‘I can do that, I’ll bet!’ I’m working on my part every day. I’m a sponge, researching.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Main bits:

- He expects to be on set filming for about a month. Hinting that Grandmaster has a fairly large amount of screentime for a supporting character.
- He has a partial script, but Taika Waititi is encouraging him to improvise the role.
- His role is a sort of dark comedy role to balance out the more serious Hela and Skurge.

:allears: There is no way this movie can fail.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

CaptainYesterday posted:

Supergirl doesn't take place in the Arrowverse, either.

Garrick and Allen are the same dude, and share the same parents in different realities, just one of them got a different name and was raised without their dad for some reason. And ever person raised without their dad becomes the Flash.

You can't really do the same trick with "Tech billionaire from Earth" in one dimension/"Alien from space" in another.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It should be Brandon Routh.

They'll probably try to cast Matt Bomer though.

E: oops, another page. But oh my god that Goldblum character description is perfect. So so pumped.

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 7, 2016

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Main bits:

Man there are 2 videos on that page and neither is the interview. I wanted to hear the sponge quote in the trademark Goldblum delivery

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I get a boner when good actors are asked to improvise. I don't really know anything about it but I have to assume that it basically never happens.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Goldblum's acting is so distinctive that he should always be let loose to do his own thing. He knows his brand.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
John Boyega is cast as the lead in Pacific Rim 2

quote:

Legendary Pictures has set Star Wars: The Force Awakens star John Boyega for the lead role for the second installment of its Pacific Rim franchise. Steven S. DeKnight is directing the film, which will begin production in the fourth quarter of this year, based on the world created by Guillermo del Toro and Travis Beacham. Boyega will play the son of the character played by Idris Elba in the del Toro-directed original film. Universal will release the film worldwide, everywhere but China.

Thomas Tull, Mary Parent, Jon Jashni, and del Toro will produce the action adventure film along with Boyega and Femi Oguns under their Upper Room Productions shingle. Cale Boyter is executive producer. The picture is a beach head project for Legendary, under the leadership of Parent, who became Tull’s vice chairman of Worldwide Production after Jashni exited to start his own venture. The principals have confirmed to Deadline they found their man in Boyega.

“It is undeniable that with all his talent and natural charm, John stands out amongst today’s generation of young leading men,” said Parent.

Said del Toro: “I am very proud and happy to welcome John into a fantastic sandbox. The Pacific Rim universe will be reinforced with him as a leading man as it continues to be a multicultural, multi-layered world. ‘The World saving the world’ was our goal and I couldn’t think of a better man for the job.”

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

loving hell yes.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

DrVenkman posted:

I know he doesn't do TV, but they should get Nick Cage wearing the electric Superman outfit from Superman Lives.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

feedmyleg posted:

It should be Brandon Routh.

They'll probably try to cast Matt Bomer though.

E: oops, another page. But oh my god that Goldblum character description is perfect. So so pumped.

To be fair though, Bomer isn't a bad choice. There's not that many actors working today that I could think would make a good Superman. Jon Hamm would be a good older Superman, or Batman for that matter. I expect it'll be a Canadian actor that no one really knows though.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Can't wait to see this guy in action.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope they will let Paul Rudd and Chris Pratt improvise when they confront Thanos in Infinity War.

And I hope Michael Pena does the recap of the MCU leading up to IW

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Gatts posted:

And I hope Michael Pena does the recap of the MCU leading up to IW

They should give him a 30 minute extra for this. Do some cheap animation instead of clips for the visual portion. Or just Pena talking.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why not just use clips from the previous movies?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

greatn posted:

Why not just use clips from the previous movies?

You can have more fun with animations. He'll most likely be talking exaggerated gibberish anyway, so go full tilt.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

MacheteZombie posted:

They should give him a 30 minute extra for this. Do some cheap animation instead of clips for the visual portion. Or just Pena talking.

Either use puppets or just have him literally acting everything out with action figures.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Phylodox posted:

Either use puppets or just have him literally acting everything out with action figures.

The action figure idea is pretty good.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Then they wouldn't be able to have black widow in any flashbacks

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

greatn posted:

Then they wouldn't be able to have black widow in any flashbacks

"I couldn't find a Black Widow doll, so I just used this one. It's He-Man. I mean, I know He-Man is a man and all, but, like, Black Widow looks like she can take care of business, right? And He-Man, he's all about taking care of business, what with Skeletor and Beast Man and them, so it makes total sense."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
A little picture of scarjo cut out and taped on the toy.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

MacheteZombie posted:

It should be like Drunk History, like just have him walking through clips of all the previous films saying everyone's lines when they come up between his narration. Ideally the entire film The Avengers: Infinite War Part I would just be a two hour recap in this style and then Part II would be the actual movie.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Marvel actually has some stop-motion action figure videos on their youtube channel that are like something you'd see on a younger version of Adult Swim. Having trouble finding them but there was one with Daredevil a while back. They're pretty well done technically at least.

e: turns out it was literally adult swim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1i2ZqS6n-Q

Not the one I remember but same idea.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Electromax posted:

Marvel actually has some stop-motion action figure videos on their youtube channel that are like something you'd see on a younger version of Adult Swim. Having trouble finding them but there was one with Daredevil a while back. They're pretty well done technically at least.

e: turns out it was literally adult swim.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1i2ZqS6n-Q

Not the one I remember but same idea.

Marvel has a series called "WHAT THE ---?" that is stop motion action figures. Not affiliated with Adult Swim in any way.

Here's the playlist to them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmYjAHAlV0

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Marvel has a series called "WHAT THE ---?" that is stop motion action figures. Not affiliated with Adult Swim in any way.

Here's the playlist to them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DmYjAHAlV0

Thank you, this is what I was thinking of.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

James Wan said that WB gave him a choice of Aquaman and The Flash to direct. He picked Aquaman because the character did not have two live action adaptations already.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Now that we know the first Justice League movie will just be called Justice League, does this mean Darkseid is more or less likely to be pushed back to the second one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Chris Terrio wrote the script for Justice League and doesn't really have plans to come back for JL2 as yet so I highly doubt this is the type of movie that just sets up the sequel, more than likely JL is a self contained story that follows through on all the thematic setup of BvS.

• Locked thread