Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

That looks delightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vital Signs
Oct 17, 2007
Nice find on that prelude. Super clean.

ThirstyBuck
Nov 6, 2010

More love for this.

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

raseri posted:

Finally got my Integra Type R back on the road with a new engine, now it's time to hit the track! :)

I'm a Toyota guy, so I'm not usually a fan of FWD Hondas, but this thing is awesome. What's under the hood?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Type SH?

Was Doctor Evil the previous owner?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

Imperador do Brasil posted:

a 1997 Prelude Type SH, 92k original miles and one owner from new.

That thing must be a hoot and a half. Nice grab!

Also page 427 posting. Just sayin.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

ssjonizuka posted:

:getin:

ArthurDent
Sep 21, 2003

Today must be Thursday.

Gwaihir posted:

^^All blue vehicles are da best.

Got Florida essential window tint, 25/15 front/rear, just in time for a fuckton of rain to drop down on us. Thank god for garages.

New v old, the ole 2012 just doesn't quiiite stack up:

Glad to see you got the correct color :D

Gave mine a wash and wax for a birthday present, one year old!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Once you've seen a C6 with flared fenders, it's really hard to buy a normal one.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

ssjonizuka posted:

That thing must be a hoot and a half. Nice grab!

It's definitely a fun little car. Light by today's standards, decent power and good handling. My 10-year-old gearhead son rode home in it with me and he was alternating between giggling when we hit VTEC and babbling about how clean the car is. It was stored in a garage for 19 years, so even the nuts and bolts under the hood are shiny and new-looking.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

What is the Type SH?

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What is the Type SH?

http://bfy.tw/692j

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

raseri posted:

Finally got my Integra Type R back on the road with a new engine, now it's time to hit the track! :)

Nice job man, it just looks fun

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
That Prelude is awesome man. One of my favorite looking cars.

raseri
Jul 18, 2005
www.200sx.nu

MasonF posted:

I'm a Toyota guy, so I'm not usually a fan of FWD Hondas, but this thing is awesome. What's under the hood?

It's a K24/K20 Frank engine with some bolt-ons and a JDM LSD gearbox, going up on the dyno to finalize the tune, hoping for around 270-275hp at the flywheel, that will due a car the weighs in at 2300lbs :)

thechalkoutline posted:

Nice job man, it just looks fun

Thank you so much! :)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Super Aggro Crag posted:

What is the Type SH?

Basically a handling upgrade meant to minimize torque steer and understeer. Also has active torque transfer (Honda calls it ATTS) that sends power to the outside wheel when cornering. Makes it behave a little more neutral instead of pushing so hard. Although you actually got different wheels, spoiler, side skirts, and some other little convenience and appearance features with the SH over the base model.

Mcqueen posted:

That Prelude is awesome man. One of my favorite looking cars.

Thanks! I have always wanted one since I first saw the redesign in '97 but I had a ton of other cars since then, and every example I would come across was riced to poo poo or just generally beat on. This one feels like a 3-year-old car.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 7, 2016

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, hey, I have a pair of those very same seats to throw in my Cutlass. Honda is one of the few manufacturers that still used black interiors in anything modern, and I needed flip forward coupe seats. also, Honda makes pretty good sporty seats.

That whole car is nice. I prefer the 87-91 because I'm a square-car nerd, but yours looks so much better than the preceding generation. Would drive.

kimbo305 posted:

Once you've seen a C6 with flared fenders, it's really hard to buy a normal one.

No poo poo, right? The Z06 additions save the C6 from being, well, not boring, but a little too plain.
A friend of mine has one in that same blue, but with chrome factory wheels (that he's trying to replace with not-chrome ones.)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Basically a handling upgrade meant to minimize torque steer and understeer. Also has active torque transfer (Honda calls it ATTS) that sends power to the outside wheel when cornering. Makes it behave a little more neutral instead of pushing so hard. Although you actually got different wheels, spoiler, side skirts, and some other little convenience and appearance features with the SH over the base model.

Thanks! I have always wanted one since I first saw the redesign in '97 but I had a ton of other cars since then, and every example I would come across was riced to poo poo or just generally beat on. This one feels like a 3-year-old car.

The Acura RL uses a 4 wheel version of the Prelude's system, aka SH-AWD.

Easiest way to spot a faux-SH is the base has a 3rd brake light in the rear window and the SH has it on the spoiler and nothing in the rear window. I see a bunch of people trying to sell their base's as SH's. The SH also sits about 1" lower and is manual-only. Great cars, I really miss my 97. It's getting very hard to find nice examples since very few have survived the :rice: era. Keep a very close eye on your oil level however, they are notorious oil burners.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

raseri posted:

That is gorgeous

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That must've made a noise.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

IOwnCalculus posted:

That must've made a noise.

It was a 9 out of 10 for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U77AR_don4U

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Gorson posted:

The Acura RL uses a 4 wheel version of the Prelude's system, aka SH-AWD.

Easiest way to spot a faux-SH is the base has a 3rd brake light in the rear window and the SH has it on the spoiler and nothing in the rear window. I see a bunch of people trying to sell their base's as SH's. The SH also sits about 1" lower and is manual-only. Great cars, I really miss my 97. It's getting very hard to find nice examples since very few have survived the :rice: era. Keep a very close eye on your oil level however, they are notorious oil burners.

Yeah all the H22's were oil burners if driven hard. Mine is definitely a real SH. Has courtesy lights in the doors, no 3rd brake light on the rear deck, VIN is correct, etc. I've been driving it to work this week and it's been fantastic!

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Man, when the Bapemobile goes, it goes in style.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

She and her mom don't like driving it because they are both 5' tall and can't see over the hood and rear wing.

My friends and I went to a car show at the weekend, 3 of us, 3 cars. The 89 Prelude was driven by a girl who's 4'10" and she had to sit on her coat in order to see over the steering wheel. She then tried to sit in an S2000 with a bucket seat aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I was gonna say if you had any more shots from the day, but then I remember watching you being towed back into the pits and you didn't look 'appy.

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Jun 9, 2016

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

88h88 posted:

My friends and I went to a car show at the weekend, 3 of us, 3 cars. The 89 Prelude was driven by a girl who's 4'10" and she had to sit on her coat in order to see over the steering wheel. She then tried to sit in an S2000 with a bucket seat aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

You shrunk Sansa Stark nooooooo!

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

So I did another thing again.

And then I did more of the same to that thing.

I like this particular thing a lot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You're a madman.

Awesome.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Me likey.

How much travel does the suspension have?

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

El Scotch posted:

Me likey.

How much travel does the suspension have?

Not a lot. The ride is firmer than stock, but it's on par with my previous lowered cars. It's not my daily driver, so I don't mind.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Those wheels are fantastic and have the perfect amount of dish. :fap:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Jesus, you do the best things to things.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

DropShadow posted:

Not a lot. The ride is firmer than stock, but it's on par with my previous lowered cars. It's not my daily driver, so I don't mind.

How low could one go and still have a comfortable DD?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

El Scotch posted:

That depends entirely on the individual. I could comfortably DD my (lowered) Z06, if it had a less aggressive cam, and the chin splitter didn't scrape on LITERALLY EVERYTHING. Most people would be driven insane by the poo poo ride and over-sensitive steering. It depends on your preference.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
Havent drove it in a while. Forgot how nice it shines.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

DropShadow posted:

I like this particular thing a lot.

Looks great. What are the wheels? Sort of look like Forgelines

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

SaNChEzZ posted:

Looks great. What are the wheels? Sort of look like Forgelines

Vorsteiner VFF-105, 20x10, et30, 5mm spacer in the rear, and I'm going to add 3mm in the front.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

El Scotch posted:

Depends on your definition of comfort. I have been driving lowered cars for so long, I've gotten used to it. My Jeep with air suspension feels like driving a cloud compared to the Audi. I plan to put the allroad on bags next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DropShadow posted:

I plan to put the allroad on bags next year.

Wait... that's static? :wow: