Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!
First time playing an mmo with goons and the level of bitterness has been remarkable. It's just a drat video game about digital waifus ppl.

Also, Bo since you're the only active officer not dead (i think?) if you go ahead with the merger are you just gonna drain the gbank with scrolls or is there like a legit person who plan to take it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Wassbix posted:

First time playing an mmo with goons and the level of bitterness has been remarkable. It's just a drat video game about digital waifus ppl.

Also, Bo since you're the only active officer not dead (i think?) if you go ahead with the merger are you just gonna drain the gbank with scrolls or is there like a legit person who plan to take it over.

I'm not sure what the plan would be, I was just trying to start a discussion about our future options and merging. If GT is really and truly dead, then yea, we'd drain the bank and move on.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Natalie Fartman posted:

Deccing lovely tiny guilds: truly, goontang is at the top of its game.

most of our decs have been on people with stupid names

i quite literally go through the guild list and dec on names i don't like

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

lewtt posted:

We got decced by Acolyte and Get_Out cause Larry kept terroring them at sausans, it was actually pretty magical to watch them rage at him in global chat. Doing God's work.

Acolyte + PAX got camped in tarif and Get_Out undecced after getting sick of being killed at sausans.

Then we got decced by Pain_Train who was watching and wanted to join in on the mega melee.

After actually showing a PvP presence all the other guilds undecced at us so turns out war is the solution to getting dec'd :v:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Third World Reggin posted:

it is just boho is a horrible poster

What's wrong with that?

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal

Wassbix posted:

We got decced by Acolyte and Get_Out cause Larry kept terroring them at sausans, it was actually pretty magical to watch them rage at him in global chat. Doing God's work.

Acolyte + PAX got camped in tarif and Get_Out undecced after getting sick of being killed at sausans.

Then we got decced by Pain_Train who was watching and wanted to join in on the mega melee.

After actually showing a PvP presence all the other guilds undecced at us so turns out war is the solution to getting dec'd :v:

It was the most magical day my friends, it was the day we turned the tide. To victory!

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

lewtt posted:

we immediately undecced all lewtt's decs because they were lovely tiny guilds :v:

The Quake
Nov 1, 2006

Yeah but when can I log in and steal from the guild bank

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
at this point i really should toss lead to someone else if they're willing to do the work. "new" content isn't interesting to me at this point and I have a massive game backlog to complete

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Time to see what a couple level 30 T5s give me for results :toot:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

DancingShade posted:

Time to see what a couple level 30 T5s give me for results :toot:

A bunch of T5s :v:

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

lewtt posted:

at this point i really should toss lead to someone else if they're willing to do the work. "new" content isn't interesting to me at this point and I have a massive game backlog to complete

Don't forget the blood pact.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

lewtt posted:

I'll take it. :getin:

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

lewtt posted:

People were chatting last night and I think the merger plan is a go. Bo started buying up guild scrolls to spend the bank before the merge and we ran a few and they were good fun.

Now the only fear is that all this organization and doing stuff with guild is gonna make us not want to merge :v:.

The Interloper
Jan 11, 2010

- dig that bunky feat -
Salad Prong
No-one's ever explained why the guild is "dead" in the first place aside from vague waffling about people not playing the right way, so I'll be staying right where I am regardless tyvm.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tokyo Sexwhale posted:

A bunch of T5s :v:

All T6s as it turns out :v:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

The Interloper posted:

No-one's ever explained why the guild is "dead" in the first place aside from vague waffling about people not playing the right way, so I'll be staying right where I am regardless tyvm.

The guild is dead because it's losing members at a steady pace, and content going forward is much more accessible and generally more fun with a large amount of people.

granted participation in guild activities has gone up a lot since boho and clocks left, but that MAY just be coincidence

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also "game and/or guild dead" is basically a tired old joke at this point regardless of any accuracy. Still gets the occasional person mad when you say it though.

There are certainly no shortages of players in the game from what I can see, regardless of what goons are up to.

The Interloper
Jan 11, 2010

- dig that bunky feat -
Salad Prong
Players dropping is what happens with all MMOs soon after launch though, especially small-name ones like this, and even more so when there are big-name games coming out in the meantime. The biggest drop in members from what I saw more or less coincided with the release of Overwatch, for example. Expecting this to be the next Wushu or whatever with super-influential goon groups is pretty unrealistic. It goes for the whole playerbase too as I do see a lot less world-chat and "Crowded" channels than before.

Maybe I just don't feel it's a big issue relating to the guild because I've never been one of the cool kids, so I'm already used to doing everything alone to begin with. I guess it doesn't matter what I have to say for that very reason anyway.

When I joined all the way back on day -3, Goontang was actually chill and people were encouraged to do whatever they wanted in the game, as opposed to the idiotic poo poo that's been happening recently.

Chemical_Ali
Sep 30, 2005

War Criminal
Heh, Paintrains decced on us after I ganked a couple of their dudes.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Chemical_Ali posted:

Heh, Paintrains decced on us after I ganked a couple of their dudes.

Nice screenshots of salty racism! :toot:

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

The Interloper posted:

Players dropping is what happens with all MMOs soon after launch though, especially small-name ones like this, and even more so when there are big-name games coming out in the meantime. The biggest drop in members from what I saw more or less coincided with the release of Overwatch, for example. Expecting this to be the next Wushu or whatever with super-influential goon groups is pretty unrealistic. It goes for the whole playerbase too as I do see a lot less world-chat and "Crowded" channels than before.

Maybe I just don't feel it's a big issue relating to the guild because I've never been one of the cool kids, so I'm already used to doing everything alone to begin with. I guess it doesn't matter what I have to say for that very reason anyway.

When I joined all the way back on day -3, Goontang was actually chill and people were encouraged to do whatever they wanted in the game, as opposed to the idiotic poo poo that's been happening recently.

Then try to be one of the cool kids, I've said from the start that I was trying to start a discussion, so be a social butterfly and voice your input.

The majority of people seem to be in favor of a merger of some sort, and so I am going with majority opinion. That same majority also wants to see if GT can hang on for a bit longer, which is fine. If people have concerns or misgivings, I am more than willing to hear them.

Believe it or not, it's a just a video game and I want people to have fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

The Interloper posted:

The next game goontang will actaully be in will never come to america. This goontang was just a trap to catch people.

Moonlight blade looks really good but it will never come to the US.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Well if B&W and OW werent sucking in most of my free time I'm gone from my house till late june mmaaaaaybe late july if I'm called to stay where I'm going for longer so you can kick the Nima family if you need space (you wont)

Like I've said from beginning, this game sort of needed to get to valencia 2.0 as soon as possible. I'm sure that daum was making bank the first few months, overtaking korean sales and such but americans are way more fickle to games than koreans. And goons even more so, once a game depopulates its almost impossible to regain personnel.

CrusherEAGLE
Oct 28, 2007

Frosty Divine

lewtt posted:

Pass lead to BigBo plz.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

The people complaining about pvp join Luciform. My loving sides lol.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Everyone knows that Luciform is a PvE oriented guild that doesn't have any of these icky war decs.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

GreatestNerdEver posted:

The guild is dead because it's losing members at a steady pace, and content going forward is much more accessible and generally more fun with a large amount of people.

granted participation in guild activities has gone up a lot since boho and clocks left, but that MAY just be coincidence

go gently caress yourself

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Hy_C posted:

The people complaining about pvp join Luciform. My loving sides lol.

This is a gross overgeneralization and a pretty stupid comment. If you guys want to talk poo poo about the people who left, do it in guild chat.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013

Enkmar posted:

What an unpleasant thing to say.

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007

Enkmar posted:

i mean i'm just being honest

poofus was right

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Agreeable Badger posted:

This is a gross overgeneralization and a pretty stupid comment. If you guys want to talk poo poo about the people who left, do it in guild chat.

Hyc isn't in the guild though, he'd have to come back to play again. By the way, Hyc come back and play again.

Agreeable Badger
Aug 8, 2008

Placebo posted:

Hyc isn't in the guild though, he'd have to come back to play again. By the way, Hyc come back and play again.

Well, the second sentence wasn't directed at just him, but at the several people who have been throwing out snotty comments for no real reason.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

The Interloper posted:

Goontang is still pretty chill and people are encouraged to do what they want :ssh:

Like one of our most active officers isn't interested in pvp at all, and spends most of his playtime doing life skill stuff. There's no demands that everyone pvp.

What we did have was an element that was very unhappy with wardecs, and wanted to deprive the people interested in pvp of that content. That caused a lot of general unchillness and bitching on both sides. The element that didn't want wardecs has now mostly left, and the atmosphere in the guild has improved enormously. That's not a diss on the people who didn't like wardecs, it's just that there was a strong conflict of interest causing drama that is now resolved.

Only Slightly Bent
Jul 6, 2013
Unrelated and not directed at anyone, I think it's pretty funny to join Luciform if you don't want to pvped or be in a guild that's at war.

This might be an unpleasant thing for me to say.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

related and directed at everyone

"go gently caress yourelf"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I love this so much, you people are just dripping with hatred for each other

:allears:

Third World Reggin posted:

related and directed at everyone

"go gently caress yourelf"

I mean you're not, but that's okay. More people need to fish for meltdowns.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I'll have you know I hate all of them more than anyone.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Placebo posted:

I should so I can dec luciform from PnR and just kill those that left all day since god knows they can't pvp back for poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Placebo
Sep 21, 2009

Hy_C posted:

I should so I can dec luciform from PnR and just kill those that left all day since god knows they can't pvp back for poo poo.

Everyone who could pvp in pnr is in goontang now.

I'll dark flame your butt to death HyC dont tempt me