Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

muscles like this? posted:

I really don't understand why they keep thinking people want a competitive Metal Gear multiplayer experience.

Because MGS3 MP and MPO MP were very fun. MGS4 MP was alright (once you got past the ordeal of making like four different accounts) for a couple weeks until everyone who played it was a GOD OF HEADSHOTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
If they'd release Fallout 3 and New Vegas without memory leaks and stable framerate at the very least I'd actually be interested, after a while all my playthoroughs were stopped by the bugs (and not Cazadores) so I'd be glad to play the game in peace.

Thinking of Fallout, did anything ever come out of the "Fallout 4 allows mods" promise? I didn't hear anything about any mods for the console version.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

I haven't even finished Blood & Wine, but it's the best RPG this year.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MZ posted:

Watch Underscore Dogs 2.0 is due out on Nov 15th, here's hoping Ubisoft fixed the problems of the first one.

lmao

Szurumbur posted:

If they'd release Fallout 3 and New Vegas without memory leaks and stable framerate at the very least I'd actually be interested, after a while all my playthoroughs were stopped by the bugs (and not Cazadores) so I'd be glad to play the game in peace.

Thinking of Fallout, did anything ever come out of the "Fallout 4 allows mods" promise? I didn't hear anything about any mods for the console version.

They should do the same with FO4 :smug:

Seriously though,FO:NV was the buggiest console game I've ever played. Absolutely disgracefully bad. FO4 mods have just started coming to Xbox one and should be on PS4 soon!

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Szurumbur posted:

Yes, weirdly Xbox One got mods as a timed exclusive this month, I think PS4 is getting them next month.

Edit: to be clear, I think this is the same mods you can get for the PC version, so who knows how well they work on the console.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Szurumbur posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPnQp_9CLAs

Only on the Bone version for now, but PS4 "is to follow later this month."

[e] bah

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Actually a fallout 3 HD collection that had fallout 3 and new Vegas and all the dlc would almost invalidate every buying another open world game this gen. That would be an insane amount of content.

And I'd still wait until it hit like 20 bucks on a sale before I pick it up.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Ineffiable posted:

Actually a fallout 3 HD collection that had fallout 3 and new Vegas and all the dlc would almost invalidate every buying another open world game this gen. That would be an insane amount of content.

And I'd still wait until it hit like 20 bucks on a sale before I pick it up.

I'd definitely buy that and only ever play NV

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

I don't think I ever want to play Skyrim again.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

MZ posted:

Witcher 3 has total upwards compatibility with it, to use the 2ch expression.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MZ posted:

Yeah I legit think Bethesda have been getting worse since FO3. Elder Scrolls Online :gonk:

As a publisher and producer they've been making amazing stuff (Dishonored, Doom, Wolfenstein) but as devs they've just lost it.

illBilliam
Jan 8, 2006

Imagine if they were remaking Morrowind. Imagine. I'm going to gaze out of my window and daydream now.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I'd play Morrowind again because that was actually good in story, character development, world, writing, crafting, everything. Despite the limitations of the time I'd rather have that combat than the poo poo that followed. Nothing afterwards has beat it in where it goes and what you do.

NBA2K16 has a few training clips for basic controls and looking at controller settings for tutorial and gently caress 2K.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Morrowind came out on the OG Xbox so who knows :shrug:

e: it'll probably just be Skyrim tho :(

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Morrowind came out on the OG Xbox so who knows :shrug:

e: it'll probably just be Skyrim tho :(

Bethesda really wants us to like Skyrim

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The moment I knew Skyrim was pants was when I came back from Valhalla after beating the main quest and the king of the land acted like nothing had happened. SO loving lazy.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

P5 comes out February 14.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't they basically do Morrowind in the Skyrim engine as some kind of fan project.

Finished Uncharted 1 at the weekend. Totally fine but unspectacular game that really struggles to impress in 2016 but I only really got the collection for UC2 and 3 so that's the real meat this week.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ramagamma posted:

Didn't they basically do Morrowind in the Skyrim engine as some kind of fan project.

Nah these projects never come to fruition. First it was Morrowind in the Oblivion engine, then Oblivion in the Skyrim Engine, then Morrowind in the Skyrim engine... they never happen.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

But I want it nooowwww

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MZ posted:

Watch Underscore Dogs 2.0 is due out on Nov 15th, here's hoping Ubisoft fixed the problems of the first one.

There's also going to be an official unveiling with trailer tomorrow at 9 PST/12 EST.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I thought Morroblivion was more or less finished.

Skywind is never going to come out because they want the whole thing to be voice acted.

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 7, 2016

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nah these projects never come to fruition. First it was Morrowind in the Oblivion engine, then Oblivion in the Skyrim Engine, then Morrowind in the Skyrim engine... they never happen.

EH, a few of them do happen, but due to being done entirely by amateurs in free time, the production cycle is years and years, and by the time it actually happens, 99% of everyone has forgotten about it.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...

MrAristocrates posted:

I still remember this:

At least PS4 is region free for Europeans since it'll probably take another year or so to get localised here.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

haveblue posted:

There's also going to be an official unveiling with trailer tomorrow at 9 PST/12 EST.

Does nobody save reveals for E3 anymore?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

MZ posted:

I think most major publishers are trying to do away with E3 entirely at this point, it's sort of a dinosaur.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

muscles like this? posted:

I really don't understand why they keep thinking people want a competitive Metal Gear multiplayer experience. You know what would have been better? Putting in a system that let you play through the campaign co-op. Even a GTAO system where they just dump you into the map and let you do whatever would have been better.

Why did Metal Gear never get a mission creator? There are like 5 different open world mission types, how hard could it be to have people make them. It's just spawn enemies, spawn objective, etc.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

ElwoodCuse posted:

Why did Metal Gear never get a mission creator? There are like 5 different open world mission types, how hard could it be to have people make them. It's just spawn enemies, spawn objective, etc.

Creating a creation tool that's intuitive and powerful but easy to use for the masses is difficult. That said there is some crazy stuff coming out of DOOM's SnapMap that people have managed to make.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MZ posted:

Creating a creation tool that's intuitive and powerful but easy to use for the masses is difficult. That said there is some crazy stuff coming out of DOOM's SnapMap that people have managed to make.

Doubly so if it has to work with a controller. A mouse and keyboard are way more suited to that sort of thing.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

MGS V doesn't even have a proper story or ending, so when in the half decade long development period would they have had time to add in bonus features like a mission creator?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I'm one of those people who played the unholy poo poo out of console Skyrim. Hundreds and hundreds of hours. I'll do the same in a remake so I'm hoping the rumors are true. I can't imagine them remaking either of the last two Fallouts so it's probably a sure bet.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wheres the guy that said only bad games launch in february to tell me that sony lacks confidence in p5?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Dumping ground

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Davincie posted:

its somewhere hidden in the almanac, but generally unless you adjust wages you can assume its divided among your education levels, college earns more than high schools which earns more than no education. you assumption is correct i think, but im not sure, you can see it when you select the building, it shows the wealth requirement right there. i personally never both with mansions, they are huge and offer little space. i set up a bunch of tenements, and when someplace has a spot open and i need nothing else there i jam in a house. later you can upgrade those tenements to the way better apartments. in the final era you can also upgrade them to modern apartments, but watch out with that as they are way more expensive which can lead to widespread homelessness

note that while homelessness is bad, its a fools errand to give everyone a home. you will always have shacks and its practically unavoidable. put down a fair amount of housing sure, but focus on other factors to improve your island happiness. health and religion are easier to raise and have a bigger impact. simply raising wages and bribing faction leaders helps a lot too. liberty is extremely easy to raise but doesn't have that much effect, and safety is fairly simple as well for a decent effect

This is from a few pages back but how do you tell which ones are even the faction leaders, I've been trying to see for a while.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RBA Starblade posted:

This is from a few pages back but how do you tell which ones are even the faction leaders, I've been trying to see for a while.

They tend to have a flag over their head indicating which faction they're part of

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

MZ posted:

It's gonna leak anyway.

e: well, "leak", okay I see your point

My Lovely Horse fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Jun 7, 2016

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lol, P5's collector's edition is already sold out

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

MZ posted:

Not enough attention to go around, better to announce a few days earlier and you'll get more press.

Ok everyone else is doing that too, so do it another day earlier.

And another.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Iron Crowned posted:

They tend to have a flag over their head indicating which faction they're part of

Oh god drat it I thought they were my dynasty members. Do I need the police station to identify them or are they always visible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

RBA Starblade posted:

Oh god drat it I thought they were my dynasty members. Do I need the police station to identify them or are they always visible?

Dynasty Members have that too. Not sure about the PD, but I think they start showing up when protests and riots disperse. It's probably similar to the way that Managers show up.

• Locked thread