Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woodhouse
Aug 1, 2010

Tell me, Aldo, if I were sitting where you're sitting, would you show me mercy?
Playing on mid as a shaman named Stevie if anyone ever wants to small man or group.

Currently sitting around level 41.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
People are doing mid for beta and alb for live where there will be a guild.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Going to leave my BD around 24. I tried Theurg + Necro with my buddy. It was magical and spoiled me.

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Surprised to see no new posts about the massive sweeping changes they announced. I'm pretty excited for them, the games meta is super stale.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

flare posted:

Surprised to see no new posts about the massive sweeping changes they announced. I'm pretty excited for them, the games meta is super stale.

What was announced?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

Lots of stuff (except for Necros, they are broken beyond repair it seems)

Thunderstorm nerfed! Woot!

Light tanks/hybrids losing snare styles in favor of second in chain snares, getting dps boost and stances ala WOW warriors. Sounds like Pin will still be available for those with shield spec.
Skalds getting shield spec!

Heavy tanks are the peelers/snarers now. Maybe getting throw weapon snare.

Archer melee damage nerf with a buff to archery damage. Bringing back the ability for archers to see assassins from long range. Changes to archery skills so theres an emphasis on using the correct elemental shots versus targets. Point blank being changed from the spammable shot to a get away.

Envenom revamp, no more composite skills / weapon poisons. They will be swappable buffs. No more weapon swapping for poisons (yay).
CS is getting damage buffed to be more in line with faster kills.
Dual wield specs for assassins are going to be nerfed.
Insta teleport to target at 50 stealth.
Assassins getting more spec points.

Animists 3rd spec changing to get FNF healer/disease pet plus matter bomber. 50 spec will be a big heal FNF.

Bainshee getting a spec cold nuke and some other stuff.

50 Bone Army bonedancers getting yellow con pet and can have 6 mini pets up. (Wtf?)

Heretic getting spammable nuke.

Most casters are getting changes to baseline nuke damage types to allow for better debuff synergy.

Thats all I can remember. The podcast is on Twitch as a VOD at about 3 hours long. I don't believe any of these changes are final, but its what they are working towards. Pendragon will probably have similar stuff to this.

bone app the teeth fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 20, 2016

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"

Schnorkles posted:

Whats population look like on live these days?

Sorry for the late reply on these two, which have been answered a bit, but I'd say the live population right now is pretty good. Depending on time zone you can find zergs, 8mans, smallman, and solo action pretty easily.

admiral.baby posted:

Ditto. How viable is live w/o a buffbot?

As was mentioned, potions and realm buffs help a lot. The Supremacy potions are a newish pot added with the Otherworldly campaign which give you capped buffs, but they are expensive. It also pays to just know people who have buffbots. In my regular group I often end up buffing a couple of people who would otherwise just pop a Sup pot charge.

flare posted:

Lots of stuff

Lots of good things, in fact! Somewhere on PostCount there are threads detailing the proposed changes, but it's good to keep in mind that some of these haven't been started yet in code and may not happen. The skald shield spec one was just an idea tossed out there, for example. Personally, I'm more excited about the upcoming other changes like more keep defense RPs, housing changes, etc.

flare posted:

Thunderstorm nerfed! Woot!

RIP Thunderstorm, it was fun while it lasted. :(

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

I updated the OP a bit with the Uthgard beta news. Uthgard is tempting, but I'd still just roll Hib. :)

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

ButtaKnife posted:

Lots of good things, in fact! Somewhere on PostCount there are threads detailing the proposed changes, but it's good to keep in mind that some of these haven't been started yet in code and may not happen. The skald shield spec one was just an idea tossed out there, for example. Personally, I'm more excited about the upcoming other changes like more keep defense RPs, housing changes, etc.

Yep, totally. These gaming communities are hilariously predictable to changes to anything. It's like a Donald Trump rally.

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
I made a trial account on live servers and am currently leveling up a minstrel.

Anyone still play albs on here ?

bone app the teeth
May 14, 2008

bongsnake posted:

Not sure how many goons are still playing. There was a lot of hype about Uthguard. I'm playing mostly Mid now.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!

uthgard rules posted:

Switching to other realms is strictly limited to prevent cross realming. Bypassing the restrictions in place is forbidden.
I see no other mentions of this in the rules or anything.

Does anyone know what the limits and restrictions are?

Or is that just a way of saying you only can play one realm that isn't entirely clear?

From memory, originally Uthgard did allow you to have an account for each realm.

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

You can have 1 masteraccount, which can contain as many accounts as you want. Your masteraccount is authorized for one realm at a time, if you want to switch realms you go to the accountmanager and start a 7 day timer.

Tom Powers
May 26, 2007
You big dummy!
Oh, thanks. That's not bad at all.

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

bongsnake posted:

I've taken a bit of a break lately but I still play on alb a tad. If you need a hand with any mini stuff I've got a decently high level one. Gnusong is the char name

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Tom Powers posted:

Oh, thanks. That's not bad at all.

Its only a 1 hour timer for beta. Under account management

TE!
Nov 26, 2003

I LOVE THE LITTLE BOYS OF CATHOLIC!! LOLZ!
I'm playing this and really enjoying it but am confused and lost because past 20 leveling is kind of terrible but at the same time I have no idea how long beta will last. If it will only last another few weeks then I feel like I should wait. If it will be months longer then I should just keep playing as I'll likely get bored or find something more interesting before this thing goes live.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

TE! posted:

I'm playing this and really enjoying it but am confused and lost because past 20 leveling is kind of terrible but at the same time I have no idea how long beta will last. If it will only last another few weeks then I feel like I should wait. If it will be months longer then I should just keep playing as I'll likely get bored or find something more interesting before this thing goes live.

What class are you, and are you using the LFG function?

bongsnake
Jul 28, 2004
We're Jammin
So after playing on live since my post I've got a mins in molvik that I'm running around solo on crushing dudes with, a mins / cleric to 50 that I was going to do some powerleveling with but SURPRISE they nerfed scorcher pets (which i forgot about).

Had a whole lot of fun doing pvp on the minstrel and am going to roll up a farming cabalist to get going on Uthgard with a friend today.

Once I'm a bit further into uthgard ill get in touch with you dudes.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Any word on Uthgard coming out of beta yet? Insta 50s?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Quoting this from a dev, was posted today:

There are still a few major issues to deal with. We need to make sure prices and salvage values for items are as good as possible and we also need to prevent money leaks. Otherwise this would become a time bomb for the economy. Also we're still in the middle of xp stuff.

All of these remaining features may not look so important to some of you, but I can assure you that they will be important once someone gets an unfair advantage because you weren't were he was at the right moment and place. :wink:

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP
I'll be playing Hib on Uth release. Along with my elite pro gamer crew.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

PriNGLeS posted:

I'll be playing Hib on Uth release. Along with my elite pro gamer crew.

I look forward to spamming /bang and /curtsey at your dead bodies!

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Kazvall posted:

I look forward to spamming /bang and /curtsey at your dead bodies!

Ya right. Undefeated world champs.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Hib is such easy mode.

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:
yo I think I'll be on hib also. atm I have a 50 on mid, but likely gonna be the idiot dumb enough to main a ranger in the late SI era. but, there's a chance I'll roll some semi useful and less gimpy alt, like a bard or something.

but in reality it'll probably be a chanter for farming.

a digital orc fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 6, 2016

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

You all suck.

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
the main detractor of playing hib is having to run up to emain. I guess that's not really any worse than having to wait for a portal ceremony.

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

You see, Guragh, they can't fire me for sexual harassment. The crime doesn't fit the punishment! :orks:

angry muppet posted:

the main detractor of playing hib is having to run up to emain. I guess that's not really any worse than having to wait for a portal ceremony.

just look at it this way: you're always ready to dump your RAs again by the time you make it back into the action :cool:

angry muppet
Dec 24, 2007

Most Noble Order of
the Radiant Duck
with 15m portal ceremonies the same can be said of anyone.

speaking of RA dumping... I was grouping with someone who said a dev posted on the uthgard forums stating that beta 2 would start in 1-2 months. Anyone seen any posts like that?

I know there are a still a lot of bugs to fix, but from my point of view, it's good enough to get 50 already which means I'd rather focus on the RvR/post 50 bug content.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I used to play this before any of the expansions came out back in the day on my 56k modem. The only thing I think I will miss from modern games is mouse look. Has that been put in, in the last however many years it has been?

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I really want to be a skald again and yell at people while clobbering them.

a digital orc
May 14, 2003

angry muppet posted:

speaking of RA dumping... I was grouping with someone who said a dev posted on the uthgard forums stating that beta 2 would start in 1-2 months. Anyone seen any posts like that?

I know there are a still a lot of bugs to fix, but from my point of view, it's good enough to get 50 already which means I'd rather focus on the RvR/post 50 bug content.

From what I've been seeing from staff in IRC, it looks like they just need to adjust exp rates a little more and test them out. Once the exp is where they want it, they'll move to i50, activate the dragon, and start testing RvR/end-game raids and balancing it all out. So basically, however long that takes. My best guess is we're looking at another 3-4 weeks of this, 1 month of i50, and an early-mid August launch.

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

angry muppet posted:

Portal ceremonies should be 10 minutes.

Agreeing with a digital orc - it seems the only holdup for moving onto the i50 phase is sorting out the xp distribution formula.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004

Rasmussen posted:

I used to play this before any of the expansions came out back in the day on my 56k modem. The only thing I think I will miss from modern games is mouse look. Has that been put in, in the last however many years it has been?

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it was in at release, but maybe it was implemented in SI.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

PriNGLeS posted:

I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it was in at release, but maybe it was implemented in SI.

Yeah it has mouselook. I ended up downloading and trying out Uthgard. The nostalgia is real.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Well I will definitely be playing on Uthgard when it comes out of beta. How much interest do we have here for it, and any realm preferences?

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

Hib is always the best choice. :)

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

ButtaKnife posted:

I like Warden and VW on Hib the most. Always wanted to be a stealth bastard tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ButtaKnife posted:

You don't even play Uth! Don't turn everyone green :(

• Locked thread