Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

gently caress, page snipe. Let it be known for the record I want to see the contents of letters that boots were dumb enough to post to their recruitment officer.

Memento fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Arishtat posted:

What the gently caress kind of idiot writes a letter to his recruiter?

On second thought :justpost: there has got to be some comedy gold in that book.

We got them quite a bit. Lot of lonely kids with too much time one their hands. Also a lot of them looked up to me and a few others. It was always kinda cool. Most of the time they were like "THANK YOU FOR TEACHING ME MARCHING & (WHATEVER) BECAUSE ALL THESE OTHER GUYS LOOK STUPID"

Then we got one center commander who got a kick out of them and told the deps that in order for us to approve their HRAP if it came to us, they had to have written a letter, so we got quite a few more.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Man I got more sleep at boot since before my kids were born. loving paradise of sleep.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I'll see what I can do, I didn't exactly leave the place on great terms, so I have to go when certain people are there and see if they'll let me borrow it.

edit: on second thought I'd rather not, seems hosed up.

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Jun 6, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LingcodKilla posted:

Man I got more sleep at boot since before my kids were born. loving paradise of sleep.

Yeah I get a solid 8 straight a night in the field every time I'm out. Three weeks in the middle of nowhere looking for nickel and I'm fresher than I would have been at home with a 3 year old and 1 year old in the house, regardless of 12 hour days and hauling 50-pound core trays around.

HCT if you don't want to post stories that's fine, you contribute a ton to this thread anyway with anecdotes that have the serial numbers filed off.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I sent a fair number of letters back to my wife. I found them all when we moved a few months ago and I swear 90% of the content is just a list of everything I ate that day. It's frightening how much food I managed to fit in my gut without gaining any weight.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

I see this picture and the only thing I can think of is that he's playing that horn wrong. What is he even doing. Trying to suck a fart through it?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

dscruffy1 posted:

I see this picture and the only thing I can think of is that he's playing that horn wrong. What is he even doing. Trying to suck a fart through it?

yeah how do they miss a mouthpiece. i bet the vibration does feel pretty good on your taint.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Aranan posted:

I sent a fair number of letters back to my wife. I found them all when we moved a few months ago and I swear 90% of the content is just a list of everything I ate that day. It's frightening how much food I managed to fit in my gut without gaining any weight.

I feel like we didn't do much other than do PT and eat at times during basic and I still dropped like 30 lbs in 8 weeks...

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

i think i wrote one or two letters in boot, then i was like gently caress it im gonna sleep instead of write dumb letters that they probably wont get until after graduation anyway

Same. Anytime you were given free time in boot just lol if you weren't napping or making GBS threads

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Sailors in Japan are banned from drinking because some stupid bitch drove drunk over the weekend on Okinawa and front-ended somebody causing injuries.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

dscruffy1 posted:

Believe me, if you pick up a French horn and suck on the mouthpiece you will get something that is possibly worse. There's a reason those things have valves just for flushing spit out of them.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Casimir Radon posted:

Sailors in Japan are banned from drinking because some stupid bitch drove drunk over the weekend on Okinawa and front-ended somebody causing injuries.

We had a squadron Christmas Party one year and one airman got drunk, drove off base and hit a taxi or something. All they did was yell at us again. The worst it ever got, when one of us was getting busted on a monthly basis was everyone getting called in on a Saturday to get yelled at because someone had just got caught drunk driving again.

1st sgt got mad once when he almost got nailed by a keg that was thrown off the dorm roof but he was nice enough to just get mad at the ones that did it.

Then I went to Hill and that was the exact opposite of Okinawa.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Do these people spend years in jail for drunk driving or what do you do with them? Slap them on the wrist?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
depends on their rank. If they're enlisted they are kicked out a lot of the times. If officers they can get drunk and rape a few chicks and/or subordinates and then they are induced into the club and fast track to being a General officer

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Affi posted:

Do these people spend years in jail for drunk driving or what do you do with them? Slap them on the wrist?

You have to get like 5 or cause serious property damage / hurt someone to see longer than like 6 months typically

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Seems like causing an international incident should be an aggravating factor.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Knew a dude in korea who got drunk and stole a cab and drove it into a storefront. He was held their for several years past the typical one. Eventually he just got demoted to E5 I think and pcs'd away.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'd take prison over a multiple year Korea posting.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I'd take prison over a multiple year Korea posting.

i agree with this for area 1.

Meanwhile I would've risked prison for a multiple year posting at Yongsan

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

Affi posted:

The E7 in our shop lost the ability to upgrade, so he served out the rest of him time until he hit the max he could stay in. All the other dorm guys would get paperwork unless they did it a few times and then they'd get kicked out.

I've only ever seen one guy go to jail while I was in and he had to do a lot of poo poo to make it there, which also put him in prison back in the states. He stole tons of people's poo poo over the years and I don't even know what all he did before I got there. What I do know is that within the first couple months I was there, he got a power of attorney to take care of the insurance inspection on another guy's car. Instead of doing that, he decided to sell the car and pocket the cash. Then there was a lot of stealing minor things along with taking advantage of any new guys, not rapey, just ripping off.

A little over two years after I got there is when they really started to make a stink over what he was doing. A married couple from our squadron went back to the states on vacation and let him house sit. When they get back, they find out he sold off most of their things.

And that's how much we had to do in my days of the Air Force to go to jail or maybe our squadron was just good at, or used to, covering stuff up

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

LingcodKilla posted:

Not me, I had the goddamn chatty cunts right next to me. I actually went to the latrine and slept on the floor because it was the only quiet place once.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

depends on their rank. If they're enlisted they are kicked out a lot of the times. If officers they can get drunk and rape a few chicks and/or subordinates and then they are induced into the club and fast track to being a General officer

True story: Knew a guy who made Lt Col with 3 DUIs on his record, all while active duty O-1 through O-3. He quietly retired after a new wing commander overheard someone mention it and said "WHAT?"

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

drat. You think that a dude with chronic theft syndrome would have made its way towards someone asking him to house sit.

Dude 1: "Leaving tomorrow, bob is gonna house sit!"
Dude 2: you do know Bob sold a dudes car and has stolen a bunch of poo poo right?"
Dude 1: "he gave me his word he wouldn't steal anything so I trust him!"

Unless he got bounced around to different units or something and magically his reputation didn't follow him or something.... just seems like he would always have been knows as "theft guy"

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
Demotion talk reminds me about one of the most surreal things I saw when I got to Suwon.

This huge grizzled motherfucker that just radiated hate and misery out of proportion to the normal Korea levels, the kind of dude that instantly tickles the part in your lizard brain that screams "1SG!" or "CSM!", with a loving blank rank velcro. I didn't even know they made the loving things until then, and my retarded PV2 brain took a couple minutes to figure out what the gently caress I had just seen. Before he quietly vanished I heard a whole poo poo ton of rumors back and forth about it mainly centered on getting caught with his metaphorical hand in the metaphorical cookie jar of a woman who was distinctly not his wife, but I really can't imagine how you could be such a monumental piece of irredeemable poo poo that not only would it not get brushed under the rug but you'd get tagged for it like 3-4 different times.

I guess after the first or second hit that the fuckits take the wheel.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Demotion talk reminds me about one of the most surreal things I saw when I got to Suwon.

This huge grizzled motherfucker that just radiated hate and misery out of proportion to the normal Korea levels, the kind of dude that instantly tickles the part in your lizard brain that screams "1SG!" or "CSM!", with a loving blank rank velcro. I didn't even know they made the loving things until then, and my retarded PV2 brain took a couple minutes to figure out what the gently caress I had just seen. Before he quietly vanished I heard a whole poo poo ton of rumors back and forth about it mainly centered on getting caught with his metaphorical hand in the metaphorical cookie jar of a woman who was distinctly not his wife, but I really can't imagine how you could be such a monumental piece of irredeemable poo poo that not only would it not get brushed under the rug but you'd get tagged for it like 3-4 different times.

I guess after the first or second hit that the fuckits take the wheel.

What the gently caress even is that, an E-0

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

E1. Fuzzies don't have an insignia.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

What the gently caress even is that, an E-0

No it sounded like SHARP

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
blank velcro "hook and loop fasteners"are unauthorized as gently caress :colbert:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
E-ioweyouone

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
E-IEIO?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
His rank was obviously classified because of his secret missions, you guys.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wasabi the J posted:

No it sounded like SHARP

Nice

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

MurderBot posted:

drat. You think that a dude with chronic theft syndrome would have made its way towards someone asking him to house sit.

Dude 1: "Leaving tomorrow, bob is gonna house sit!"
Dude 2: you do know Bob sold a dudes car and has stolen a bunch of poo poo right?"
Dude 1: "he gave me his word he wouldn't steal anything so I trust him!"

Unless he got bounced around to different units or something and magically his reputation didn't follow him or something.... just seems like he would always have been knows as "theft guy"

He acted like a decent enough guy and the way ammo is setup in Okinawa, it's a giant chunk of jungle off base with random shops all over, so it's easy to not know most of the people that work there. Plus there was always a fresh supply of new guys coming in straight from boot camp to overseas, so it's easy enough to prey off them.

Base is near the bottom and that giant green jungle blob is the bomb dump

https://www.google.com/maps/place/K...7.7678754?hl=en

People knew he stole poo poo but he never did it at first, he'd always buddy up to you for awhile and then start to slowly work you but if he knew you were on to him, he'd stop trying but still try and stay cool with you. If you know one of those guys that's always selling/trading poo poo with everyone all the time, that's him. I knew he was full of poo poo for awhile and when he started with me, he sold me some stuff cheap and later on he wanted to do another deal but this time is wasn't so good, so he tried a guilt trip about how great the deals were he gave me before. I said no a bunch of times and then he stopped trying to make deals with me.

I think most people are just a bit too trusting and think it won't happen to them because he seems like such a nice guy.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

So a coworker of mine, who had a medboard going and all she had to do was wait, just popped hot on a drug test.

loving IDIOT

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

So a coworker of mine, who had a medboard going and all she had to do was wait, just popped hot on a drug test.

loving IDIOT

I have zero sympathy for this level of retardation.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

I have zero sympathy for this level of retardation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

Soulex posted:

loving IDIOT

Especially if it was anything other than pot.