Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Smol posted:

S1mple probably back in liquid.

Definitely not. Hiko was the only thing keeping him even somewhat cooperative in that lineup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Something's going on with Seized of NaVi.

https://twitter.com/navizeus4444/status/738788200693567488

He posted on his VK page (in Russian) "Big problems, I may have to be unactive during two years. More explainations coming soon. PS: Not army or cheats LOL".

The question is, what is going on?

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Anyone using a good site or program that will parse your demos?

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqj0v3EagvA

I know this isn't the CSGO team, but Immortals has a pretty good video editor, this is the least cheesy/cringy team video i've seen come out of esports.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

Photex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqj0v3EagvA

I know this isn't the CSGO team, but Immortals has a pretty good video editor, this is the least cheesy/cringy team video i've seen come out of esports.

Approximately 40% less cheesy than DelayedArtisticGuppy.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

symbolic posted:

Something's going on with Seized of NaVi.

https://twitter.com/navizeus4444/status/738788200693567488

He posted on his VK page (in Russian) "Big problems, I may have to be unactive during two years. More explainations coming soon. PS: Not army or cheats LOL".

The question is, what is going on?

reddit sez: lied on german visa. may get travel ban to schengen area, i.e. most majors.

oops

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Jeza posted:

reddit sez: lied on german visa. may get travel ban to schengen area, i.e. most majors.

oops

They're saying he tried to use some shady company to get a 5 year EU visa, and the company forged German employment documents to establish German residency.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

It's weird seeing myself on national tv two weeks in a row

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

So uh, that NIP magic seems to be going strong tonight

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Photex posted:

It's weird seeing myself on national tv two weeks in a row

I haven't seen you since the major :qq:

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

fennesz posted:

I haven't seen you since the major :qq:

they showed a lot of clips right at the beginning of e-league from Columbus, a bunch of alternate angles of the NIP match that they got stomped.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
As a Silver Elite player, comp scares me, so I like to have fun on casual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPU2VQ74D9o

Hope you guys enjoy viewing this game from the eyes of a scrub

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
fun fact, since literally any rank can join a casual game youre more likely to find people seventy billion ranks higher than you than in matchmaking where theres some chances of finding smurfs

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Hey in that match I was owning it and I had fun thats all that matters to me ArfJason

ArfJason posted:

aight, just saying being scraed or w/e from matchmaking is backwards in that context

I was just being silly I guess

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 6, 2016

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
aight, just saying being scraed or w/e from matchmaking is backwards in that context

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I still can't believe that they think 10v10 is the appropriate number for casual.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtaueolD1oM&t=12s

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Definitely not. Hiko was the only thing keeping him even somewhat cooperative in that lineup.

https://twitter.com/TeamLiquidPro/status/739920991892148225

stump collector
May 28, 2007
yessssss

stump collector
May 28, 2007
i'm guessing he will become a permenant member if the 2 stand ins / boot camps go well

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

exethan posted:

i'm guessing he will become a permenant member if the 2 stand ins / boot camps go well
It's possible, but considering how homesick he felt before, I wouldn't bet on him staying. They also apparently found their 5th already.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 6, 2016

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ArfJason posted:

You are generally more likely to find ragers if you solo queue in MM than in casual, it is what kept me away from it for a long time. Who wants to have their relaxation time full of anger and hostility, without even any constructive tips mixed into the insults? :shrug:

Don't let it keep you from mm though other dude, find good and/or nice people to queue with and go hog wild.

On a related note, I hope s1mple carries liquid to an insane vctory, gets interviewed, roasts them, and drops the mic.
E: except hiko of course

surc fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 6, 2016

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Ok maybe I should clear the air a bit but I was being silly about being nervous during comp. I do have a couple people I tend to play with and have had good matches. Hell the last few comp games have ended up in ties and I still had fun.

But yeah this community is toxic as poo poo. But I like to try to bend that a bit when im playing. Hopefully my video makes someone smile at least.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Okay, so assuming Liquid didn't pilfer from an NA or EU team's active roster, that leaves their most likely new fifth as sileNt, just9n, or Uber.

God help them.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I played my first MM match on my main account in a long time. I was wondering how I ended with 41 kills.... Placed MG2, woo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Garfu posted:

I played my first MM match on my main account in a long time. I was wondering how I ended with 41 kills.... Placed MG2, woo

That happened to me on one of my accounts as well and I was super stoked about it, but sadly it only took like 10 wins or less before it was at LEM

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Garfu posted:

same here want to climb w me

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Bohemian Nights posted:

That happened to me on one of my accounts as well and I was super stoked about it, but sadly it only took like 10 wins or less before it was at LEM

ya, when i wasnt playing with my low rank friends, even when i didnt do superbly insane the game would be like not so fast and rank me up

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Katamari Democracy posted:

Ok maybe I should clear the air a bit but I was being silly about being nervous during comp. I do have a couple people I tend to play with and have had good matches. Hell the last few comp games have ended up in ties and I still had fun.

But yeah this community is toxic as poo poo. But I like to try to bend that a bit when im playing. Hopefully my video makes someone smile at least.

Play with chill goons, make dumb mistakes, laugh about it

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Famethrowa posted:

Play with chill goons, make dumb mistakes, laugh about it

http://steamcommunity.com/id/WoWHopper

Chill goons can add me then! I might be up for a few competitive matches tonight if time permits. Or we can gently caress around on casual who knows.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
whats good stuff to put in one's autoexec?

im moving away from command line

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Well assuming you like playing CSGO the way you currently have it configured, in the in-game console type:

code:
host_writeconfig XenaeroProConfig
then go to
code:
...\Steam\userdata\<YOURID>\730\local\cfg
And just copy XenaeroProConfig.cfg somewhere because it now has all of your csgo settings and you can just execute it from the console to get back to how you are currently configured.

If you're looking for new stuff, it's really going to depend on what you want to do, but here is a good place to get inspiration:

http://csgoconfigs.com/pros

surc fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 7, 2016

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

surc posted:

Well assuming you like playing CSGO the way you currently have it configured, in the in-game console type:

code:
host_writeconfig XenaeroProConfig
then go to
code:
...\Steam\userdata\<YOURID>\730\local\cfg
And just copy XenaeroProConfig.cfg somewhere because it now has all of your csgo settings and you can just execute it from the console to get back to how you are currently configured.

If you're looking for new stuff, it's really going to depend on what you want to do, but here is a good place to get inspiration:

http://csgoconfigs.com/pros

Why do they play on such low resolutions?

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

Why do they play on such low resolutions?

That's what they are used to from playing so much of old CS. Also, some people think it's easier to see and click on heads.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I still play 1024x768 as well, some habits are just impossible to break.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
ive always wondered how bullshit the whole aspect ratio and resolution thing is given that the engine iirc only takes into account player angle and position for shots

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
"The pixels are larger/models are fatter which means its easier to click on the head!!!"

surc
Aug 17, 2004

ArfJason posted:

ive always wondered how bullshit the whole aspect ratio and resolution thing is given that the engine iirc only takes into account player angle and position for shots

I always find these kinds of things interesting. I think it's largely psychological, but can still make a huge difference. My anecdote on similar things is that people love to tell me that surround headphones are bullshit that make no difference and/or make the sound worse, but I find that I'm able to process direction better, and immediately stop getting surprised by flanks, if I hit the 7.1 button on my headset.

On the other hand, switching to lower res doesn't help anything except my frame rate. I've played CS since the start, and love me some 16:9 and 16:10

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

ArfJason posted:

"The pixels are larger/models are fatter which means its easier to click on the head!!!"

Wouldn't the pixels being larger make them larger are on your screen so you could see? For example on inferno and mid if someone is slow peaking out of mexico toward top of mid, I sometimes don't see them (i am bad) and thought about making my pixels bigger to help me being bad.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

fyallm posted:

Wouldn't the pixels being larger make them larger are on your screen so you could see? For example on inferno and mid if someone is slow peaking out of mexico toward top of mid, I sometimes don't see them (i am bad) and thought about making my pixels bigger to help me being bad.

this isn't really what the argument i was making fun of points to, but i imagine it makes sense. Guess it depends on the color the engine would output for that pixel, if it would do any interpolation or averaging... we should ask someone who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

surc posted:

I always find these kinds of things interesting. I think it's largely psychological, but can still make a huge difference. [...]
On the other hand, switching to lower res doesn't help anything except my frame rate. I've played CS since the start, and love me some 16:9 and 16:10

ya, i think the benefits come more from a psychological standpoint, especially how people are used to certain resolutions and changing would throw them off