Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

As ridiculous as it is, Doritos and Mountain Dew already have a video game contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
genji could definitely throw doritos instead of shurikens, for starters

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

As ridiculous as it is, Doritos and Mountain Dew already have a video game contract.

With which game? (and would that really prevent them from becoming involved with another game?)

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Aphrodite posted:

Isn't it with Activision?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

totalnewbie posted:

Cheating with a slow-moving projectile? I mean, it's not easy to land midair shots with Pharah, but you can do it with some practice, especially if your opponent is moving in a predictable manner.

That Pharah death was just annoying enough to make me quit, for cheats I'm talking about the reams of snap-to headshotting Widwomakers, Soldier 76s who shoot like they have their ult on all the time, and Hanzos who never miss even the most extreme shots, like one who scored two headshots, in two different directions, mid air before hitting the ground. Don't care how much you practise for comp, that poo poo doesn't happen without technical help.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Germstore posted:

Isn't it with Activision?

They jumped ship for Battlefield this year I think.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
it is not hard to be accurate with soldier 76 if you are burst firing since y'know he has a hitscan weapon with almost no recoil spray when burst fired

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jun 7, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

so far i've seen one case where i suspected an aimbot (a widow, of course)

i've seen a whole lot of bullshit hanzo arrows of course, but that's entirely on blizzard

pharah is just an easy target

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Zoness posted:

it is not hard to be accurate with soldier 76 if you are burst firing since y'know he has a hitscan weapon with almost no recoil spray when burst fired

Not burst, full auto, always hitting.

Also seen some McCrees who have guns that never move when fanning, all straight down the line, while others spray about as you'd expect.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The spread on full auto is random so an aimbot isn't going to guarantee all hits. I did see 2 aimbotting mccrees when the game first launched, but I haven't seen anything suspicious in a while.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

NTRabbit posted:

Also seen some McCrees who have guns that never move when fanning, all straight down the line, while others spray about as you'd expect.

My gun never moves when fanning :confused:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
the aimbot was in fact the player the whole time

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
I got the pink-haired Tracer legendary skin, which is frustrating because her Posh skin is definitely the best. On the same note, I have the valkrie Mercy legendary skin, but Amber is the clear winner. I can sell them for like a fifth of a legendary each. That's not even enough for an epic!

I did however buy Roadhog's Mako skin, which rules.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I have like 40 hours of time in the launch build and I don't think I've run into any hackers yet.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

To be honest it's probably D.Va who should have an aimbot ultimate instead of S76 being a pro gamer and all

It hurts my immersion to imagine that Soldier 76 knows enough about the internet to download + install an aimbot

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
They should make it so anyone who gets :potg: with d.va gets a free Mt dew or doritos product

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I am the Pigman

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

NTRabbit posted:

Yeah they're probably not cheating.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kashuno posted:

My gun never moves when fanning :confused:

Mine does, jumps all over the place like an gun firing on auto, only the first bullet goes straight.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NTRabbit posted:

Mine does, jumps all over the place like an gun firing on auto, only the first bullet goes straight.

All you have to do is pull down.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

mcvey posted:

That's cheating dude.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Help Im Alive posted:

To be honest it's probably D.Va who should have an aimbot ultimate instead of S76 being a pro gamer and all

It hurts my immersion to imagine that Soldier 76 knows enough about the internet to download + install an aimbot

a pro gamer would never cheat (actually I think Leta came under suspicion for trying to gauge audience reactions while he was scouting)

match fixing, on the other hand, :can:

Zoness fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jun 7, 2016

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Help Im Alive posted:

The literal joke is that he's COD, which is old and busted compared to hip, new Overwatch.

Zoness posted:

a pro gamer would never cheat (actually I think Leta? came under suspicion for trying to gauge audience reactions while he was scouting)

match fixing, on the other hand, :can:
There was this weird conspiracy on Reddit where they were accusing a player on...Cloud 9, I think? for being an aimbotting Bastion.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

NTRabbit posted:

did he maybe hit Q

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

The literal joke is that he's COD, which is old and busted compared to hip, new Overwatch.

There was this weird conspiracy on Reddit where they were accusing a player on...Cloud 9, I think? for being an aimbotting Bastion.

yeah but dva is a starcraft pro c'mon

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Lady Naga posted:

A c9 player did get caught/banned for cheating yes.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Zoness posted:

yeah but dva is a starcraft pro c'mon

StarCraft isn't known for it's aimbots. Call of Duty, however, is.

mcvey posted:

Oh that's weird. I saw a couple people posting about how he was an aimbotter and then nothing for weeks.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

So far the anti-cheat has been very, very good. There was a super suspicious widow I encountered early last week whom I reported and wrote down the name. I looked up his / her stats and they were comically unrealistic. I tried looking up their stats late last week I couldn't find a user with that name :3:

Having suffered through R6 siege not having anti cheat I am very happy with Overwatch on this front

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lady Naga posted:

StarCraft isn't known for it's aimbots. Call of Duty, however, is.

Oh that's weird. I saw a couple people posting about how he was an aimbotter and then nothing for weeks.

yeah thats why im saying dvas ult should be fixing the match

instead of the self destruct screen on her mech it shows her split of the payoff from throwing the match and the winners are all holding briefcases of money in the post game screen

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Kerrrrrrr posted:

did he maybe hit Q

His ult doesn't actually last for 5 minutes straight, so no

mcvey posted:

That doesn't actually do anything :shrug:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

NTRabbit posted:

That doesn't actually do anything :shrug:

What is recoil

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Zoness posted:

yeah thats why im saying dvas ult should be fixing the match

choosing d.va is fixing the match, just for the other team

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I was a Reinhardt leading a team down a narrow corridor. An enemy Reinhardt appears and I know his intentions and how to respond. We both charge. We bump our heads and fall back stunned. But I have five dudes behind me.

That felt pretty awesome.

Regarding the Pharah questions earlier, some of this is repeat but yeah stand on roofs rather than just floating forever whenever it's an option. Unless their sniper is trash and you can repeatedly dunk on them, try to displace them with concussion blast. Knocking them off the perch can buy time or even throw them somewhere a lot more dangerous like into a fight or the ocean. It's actually harder to land direct hits in the sky than on the ground, which increases the time you spend up there in danger, so you should try to limit that to Mercy picks and killing stragglers. (It's a lot of fun to follow a Bastion and ensure the kill.) If you ever played the original C&C, think of Pharah as a highly mobile SSM. Put her on a ledge and let her superior firepower win fights. Only play her like it's Tribes if it's safe or you can get a really vital pick. When you don't have good pick options, find positions that let you hurl rockets into high-traffic areas and/or groups. You want to maximize your direct hits. Splash damage is piddling and direct hits are like the fist of god.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Zikan posted:

choosing d.va is fixing the match, just for the other team

that's what match fixing is

guts and bolts
May 16, 2015

Have you heard the Good News?
what's the biggest disconnect so far between "is cool/fun to play" and "is a good general pick" in Overwatch? it could just be because i suck with her but i want to say it's Pharah

someone teach me how to Pharah

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

mcvey posted:

it was confirmed and he was banned?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Mei buff: using your primary on the ground creates an ice path you and your team move faster on. To balance this with Lucio, if he uses his speedboost on the icepath your team will go too fast, slip, and break their skulls open.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Minrad posted:

it was confirmed and he was banned?

Yeah I thought surefour was still playing. Am I wrong?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Which heroes get different appearances in the post-game screen if they had ults active at the end of the game? The ones I know for sure are Bastion and Winston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

mcvey posted:

What is recoil

I now what recoil is, and I'm telling you that moving the mouse down changes nothing, the gun still goes up, down, left, right as it pleases when fanning the hammer, for me and most of the people I get to see using it in PotGs, just a small handful who seem to get no recoil at all and fan poo poo to death at 50m range.