Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jagadaishio
Jun 25, 2013

I don't care if it's ethical; I want a Mammoth Steak.

Wastrel_ posted:

I remember one suggestion in the previous thread to make a skill that would enable you to restart drills by shouting at them. That would be hilarious and they should add it.

"Broke-dick drill!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

jagadaishio posted:

"Broke-dick drill!"

broke-dick piece of poo poo drill, please

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I keep forgetting the ice pick exists as a katana alternative. Gonna have to see how the IZHMA and Predator work in my crit dodge silent shotgun build now. :getin:

Edit: Predator was meh, but with the help of a very tiny Gruber Kurz you can end up with a 40 ACC/92 STB IZHMA with 4 detection risk. :unsmigghh: And I can always swap back to the Raven/Beagle for more punch while keeping at 4 DR. I really underestimated (or maybe just plain forgot) Aced Optic Illusions' ability to let you skip Aced Sneaky Bastard/Low Blow entirely.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Jun 7, 2016

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Sharpshooter tree feels really underwhelming.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

It is :shrug:

also if anyone is considering Dead By Daylight and thinking they might get their co-op fix out of it since it's also a Starbreeze published property, um, don't. No bueno.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Klaus88 posted:

What can you really do to make single shot snipers interesting though? Increase penetration percentage on head shots of multiple cops? Have a 10% trigger for the bullet curving to lock on another special in the area?

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Klaus88 posted:

That's because it is. The most glaring example, in my opinion, is the reload speed skill. There's a very similar skill in Oppressor that gives you a reload speed buff that last indefinitely if you score two kills. The Sharpshooter version demands a killing headshot for 2s of +40% reload. The killing headshot thing is fine. The reload speed bonus is fine. But a 2s limit, when basically all of the other reload speed skills are indefinite? Come the gently caress on, Overkill.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Crabtree posted:

What can you really do to make single shot snipers interesting though? Increase penetration percentage on head shots of multiple cops? Have a 10% trigger for the bullet curving to lock on another special in the area?

Mark and execute feature from red dead redemption for the top tier. Aced increases number of cops targeted.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Just give them ricocheting bullets that only reflect off of cop helmets, but it only works in single-shot mode. maybe like basic ricochet would reflect three times, whereas aced would let the bullet reflect six times.

Psion posted:

also if anyone is considering Dead By Daylight and thinking they might get their co-op fix out of it since it's also a Starbreeze published property, um, don't. No bueno.

what's wrong with it?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

LuciferMorningstar posted:

That's because it is. The most glaring example, in my opinion, is the reload speed skill. There's a very similar skill in Oppressor that gives you a reload speed buff that last indefinitely if you score two kills. The Sharpshooter version demands a killing headshot for 2s of +40% reload. The killing headshot thing is fine. The reload speed bonus is fine. But a 2s limit, when basically all of the other reload speed skills are indefinite? Come the gently caress on, Overkill.

I don't know if they unborked it since beta, but I was able to get the reload speed buff to be activated by a headshot, kill not necessary.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Marksmen tree is for tactical reloads, Oppressor is for magdumps reloads.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

I'm down to 35 achievements to 100% this....of those, 16 are currently undoable because I either am too cheap to buy the DLC or they're calendar gated (I have none of the Halloween ones).

Guess I know what I'm going to work on for the next couple weeks!

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Plan Z posted:

I don't know if they unborked it since beta, but I was able to get the reload speed buff to be activated by a headshot, kill not necessary.

Interesting. Text for the skill hasn't changed, so something somewhere isn't right. Regardless, my point stands.

gyrobot posted:

Marksmen tree is for tactical reloads, Oppressor is for magdumps reloads.

I mean, you could play it that way, but you certainly don't have to. It's not like it's hard to practice tactical reloads with automatic rifles. You have much more flexibility with the Oppressor skill than you do the Sharpshooter skill, period.

It would also be cheaper to just take the Berserker skill that boosts your reload speed on a melee kill. And guess what? That buff lasts indefinitely, too. One of these skills isn't like the other. It's much worse.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

BillmasterCozb posted:

Just give them ricocheting bullets that only reflect off of cop helmets, but it only works in single-shot mode. maybe like basic ricochet would reflect three times, whereas aced would let the bullet reflect six times.

I think that giving it to revolvers is a better idea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soYLesn2dvA&t=18s

Wilko fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jun 7, 2016

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Psion posted:

Is there a thread for it?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Wilko posted:

I'm sad this isn't a real perk deck really in game, now. :(

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wilko posted:

:ocelot: and your music choice is on point as well.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Wilko posted:

now try it on bomb: train

hahahaha

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

watho posted:

You used to be able to get +40% move speed with the vulcan. It was absurd.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhJ4YbGGPDo

Oh my sweet jesus.

THIS is doomguy.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Wilko posted:

I guess, but I feel that pistols are good enough now that they have their own tree, unless you specifically mean revolvers

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

BillmasterCozb posted:

I guess, but I feel that pistols are good enough now that they have their own tree, unless you specifically mean revolvers

He's not called Hadguns Ocelot.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Lemon-Lime posted:

He's not called Hadguns Ocelot.

Actually..

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

BillmasterCozb posted:

It's not a serious suggestion, it's just something I made last year. It's specifically coded to only work with revolvers, as well as a special ability that instantly kills any enemy you shoot 6 times without missing. :ocelot:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

More like

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

i dont know what this is but i do not find it humorous

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Wilko posted:

It's not a serious suggestion, it's just something I made last year. It's specifically coded to only work with revolvers, as well as a special ability that instantly kills any enemy you shoot 6 times without missing. :ocelot:

hey, anything to pressure Overkill to give us akimbo revolvers

they'd finally have to add a laser for the Bronco!

e: also, Dead By Daylight. It's 1v4, and it's the type of survival horror/fright/jumpscare poo poo where the survivors have literally no weapons and can only run away from the hunter, who runs faster, so they have to use environmental stuff like boards and windows to duck him. It's extremely brutal - not in a ha ha fun way or even the ridiculousness of the Payday flamethrower, but more like "you literally chop people with a giant bloody axe, then impale someone on a meathook and watch them get eaten by some sort of weirdo spider demon god lord thing." It's visceral, and not in a way I like.

Also because it's basically pvp instead of the co-op funtimes relaxing with your friends and having fun - the Payday experience - it's like, let's violently loving murder your friends instead! That may be for some people, but for me it has the twin problems of being not a very good game (sorry DBD developers) AND a gameplay experience based on making you scared for your virtual life instead of having fun with your friends.

so now I know how steam refunds work :shrug:

like I have nothing against most pvp games - lord knows most of my gaming history is pvp games - but DBD was a "not only no, but hell no" inside of 15 minutes. It's designed to jack up your stress, not be a fun goodtimes experience.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Jun 7, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Psion posted:

hey, anything to pressure Overkill to give us akimbo revolvers

Akimbo SAAs and akimbo Stryks when, Overkill?!

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Lemon-Lime posted:

Akimbo SAAs and akimbo Stryks when, Overkill?!

I've been hoping for the akimbo Stryk for a while, but the akimbo Compact-5 scratches that itch pretty well.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Tempest_56 posted:

I've been hoping for the akimbo Stryk for a while, but the akimbo Compact-5 scratches that itch pretty well.

~1800 RPM < ~3600 RPM.

e: that should be the fire rate cap unless you fire both of them on the same frame.

watho fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 7, 2016

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

BillmasterCozb posted:

i dont know what this is but i do not find it humorous

Stick. In. Mud.

Need to play with the Karinkov more. And the Ak7.62 but gently caress that achievement for getting the DRM kit. :argh:

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Hobold posted:

Stick. In. Mud.

Need to play with the Karinkov more. And the Ak7.62 but gently caress that achievement for getting the DRM kit. :argh:

Steam achievement manger is a thing, dude.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Hobold posted:

That one wasn't too bad and would probably be rather interesting with Oppressor being a thing. I'd run people through that one.

vv This is false, since I actually started after the BBQ Pack and I totally cheated all the 'get 4 people to wear 4 masks from this DLC pack' achievements (because those are stupid).

Tempest_56 fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Jun 7, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Klaus88 posted:

Steam achievement manger is a thing, dude.

Unless they changed it back, unlocking achievements with SAM stopped giving you unlocks around when BBQ pack came out.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tempest_56 posted:

That one wasn't too bad and would probably be rather interesting with Oppressor being a thing. I'd run people through that one.

It was legit fun to do before, so I imagine that it's completely painless now.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Every goon buys every DLC just pop into the chat and ask for help with any of the dumb achievements and stop being whiny babies.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

UnknownMercenary posted:

Every goon buys every DLC just pop into the chat and ask for help with any of the dumb achievements and stop being whiny babies.

For serious.

All the new/returning folks: If you need/want an achievement, just mention it. Most of the goon veterans will happily drag you through it - at the very least to pay it forward from when someone else dragged us through it.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.
If I'm around, which... ya know, as of late is super rare, I would love to help anyone get stealth related stuff as I am one of three people who like stealth heists.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

Unless they changed it back, unlocking achievements with SAM stopped giving you unlocks around when BBQ pack came out.

(I just did it so no)

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Increased health is one thing.

Increased spawn rates of specials is another.

Both at once are bullshit.

Hello Deathwish!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

DW is literally the easiest it's ever been and the least bullshit it's ever been - the two aren't the same thing, but they're both true. You are now a heist wizard who can run at the speed of light, dodge or tank shots, regenerate health from murdering enemies, fire absurdly powerful guns while sprinting and then shouting people back to life through a wall, and standing on random small red things means nothing can kill you dead unless they kill you twice, and they even backed off on the one enemy type who could kill you in 0.14 seconds. What do you want besides that? :v:

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jun 7, 2016