Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

:captainpop:

Doctor Doctor gimme the news

She was also the blind woman who cared for the medusans (probably banged Kirk too).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Pulaski was great

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Monkey Fracas posted:

Pulaski was great

:same::agreed::yeah:

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
pulaski and lwaxanna troi were the realest folk around

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

whoflungpoop posted:

pulaski and lwaxanna troi were the realest folk around

Getting banged by Gene makes let's you get good dialog

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
serious post though, TOS had some gorgeous guest stars so at least Gene had good taste

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Squizzle posted:

Farscape has a shaky first season, one gets good, hoo boy, is it good.

Until they added that shrill harpy in the corset to the crew, then it is absolutely unwatchable.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Big Mean Jerk posted:

serious post though, TOS had some gorgeous guest stars so at least Gene had good taste

Wonderbras are amazing

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Always a fan of ol' Harry Mudd

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
My wife had watched 0 Trek before the JJ Abrams movie came out. She loved it so we watched some TOS episodes. The first Trek she sees besides JJ Trek was the one where Kirk says he loves some lady he meets in a time traveling episode seriously hours after meeting her. Wife status: :aaa:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Sten Freak posted:

My wife had watched 0 Trek before the JJ Abrams movie came out. She loved it so we watched some TOS episodes. The first Trek she sees besides JJ Trek was the one where Kirk says he loves some lady he meets in a time traveling episode seriously hours after meeting her. Wife status: :aaa:

Harlan Ellison is a noted romantic

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Tricky D posted:

Pulaski was just McCoy: The Next Generation, but still better than Crusher who was beyond boring.

Crusher: my husbands dead and I want to bang Picard BUT MY HUSBAND IS DEAD!

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
Didn't Picard get him killed or something like that?

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

One of Gene Roddenberry's greatest strengths was his casting especially in TOS. All the regular actors made those roles iconic. It's hard imagining anyone else playing them. Castings in later series were hit or miss.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

*fucks intern*

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Hector Beerlioz posted:

*fucks intern*

It's the small things in life.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

The General posted:

It's the small things in life.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Best was Marina HIll from that episode where that mad scientist tries to brainwash Kirk. Fallowed by Barbara Bouchet in that Andromeda galaxy episode.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Nevermind

Automatic Slim fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 22, 2022

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

Ah, that episode, in which we learn that the most terrifying thing in the galaxy is seeing a woman without makeup.

"She doesn't even have eyeliner or a basic pancake foundation Nooooooooo!!!!!"

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I thought the most terrifying thing in the universe was having to spend the rest of your life with your wife. All 600 copies of her.

The failing of the NüTrek sequels was not using Harry Mudd as villain instead of Khan.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Into Darkness should have been a remake of "Where No Man has Gone Before."

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Rewatching ds9. On "Q-less". Vash is p hot. I guess Sisko punching q kept him from coming back.

EDIT: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4064t8_recut-280-the-curse_fun

rocket_man38 fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 8, 2016

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

I don't give a poo poo if you talk about :filez:, if someone else does that's their problem

I thought there was a long standing moratorium on such things? Maybe that's an old rule or something, I dunno.

But while I have you gentlegoons, does anyone know of a way to filter or clean up these mkvs?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

why is george costanza there

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Magic Hate Ball posted:

why is george costanza there

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Your move, Pussyface.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
This Barclay episode where Reg is doggedly trying to send a message to the crew of Voyager has a few problems, the greatest of which that it sends entirely the wrong message to the mentally ill (primary consumers of Star Trek).

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
barclay got more props and respect from the voyager crew for helping them out than he got from all other ppl in his life and career combined

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Could Q create a burrito so hot that he himself could not eat it?

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Why aren't intruders just beamed into the brig? Why can't they turn off the gravity, or turn it up to slow them down?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Why don't they just beam intruders into space? Seal all decks and release knockout gas through atmospheric controls.

Of if you want to be inhumane, route intruders through to the holodeck and trap them in the hell that is an endless Voyager corridors.

edit: The holodecks seem to run fine with their power supply, so turn this into real-life "Sims" entertainment for the crew with the safeties off.

Releasing waves of flesh-eating bugs, failing life support, etc.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jun 8, 2016

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
How come Picard didn't retire and write books about the people of Kataan after the events in The Inner Light? I mean, he had a big time interest in archaeology, and he spent something like 40 or 50 years there, wouldn't he want to honor them by telling their story to the galaxy? I mean, it's explicitly what they wanted.

Whoops meant to put this in applewhite's thread, oh well.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jun 8, 2016

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

JediTalentAgent posted:

Of if you want to be inhumane, route intruders through to the holodeck and trap them in the hell that is an endless Voyager episodes.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
"Not like this... Not like this..."
Instead of dying in the simulation, you're doomed to live there.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Also lmao just watched the episode where Paris goes to Warp 10 and can see everything that is or ever will be and this causes him to evolve into a weird fish frog salamander thing and then he kidnaps Janeway and they both turn into weird fish frogs and have fish frog offspring together and at the end of the episode they go "huh that was weird eh?" and turn them back into humans in approximately 2 seconds (I think they even do it during a commercial break; can't be sure as obviously I'm Netflixing this) and the episode just ends

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Monkey Fracas posted:

Also lmao just watched the episode where Paris goes to Warp 10 and can see everything that is or ever will be and this causes him to evolve into a weird fish frog salamander thing and then he kidnaps Janeway and they both turn into weird fish frogs and have fish frog offspring together and at the end of the episode they go "huh that was weird eh?" and turn them back into humans in approximately 2 seconds (I think they even do it during a commercial break; can't be sure as obviously I'm Netflixing this) and the episode just ends

Yeah, that's a good one

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
it's Federation policy that intruders have to be welcomed on the ship

like how we treat illegals now

they're future Liberals

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I gotta say when I thought "dire consequences of going to Warp 10 a theoretically infinite speed" I was not thinking hyper-evolved salamanders so uh like good on Voyager for subverting my expectations there I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Just watched Tasha give Wesley a speech on why drugs are bad