Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

JaySB posted:

I just heard that Kimbo was awaiting a heart transplant. The fact that Bellator let him fight knowing that is disgusting

he was awaiting a heart transplant for like a day, and wasnt even on the transplant list before he died

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

As much as I want to agree, that's the commissions job, not Bellators.

Bellator allegedly submitted falsified medicals for their fighters.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

henkman posted:

mac danzig giving jason guida The Look and he immediately apologizing is my favorite part

That was the other cornerguy that spent the majority of that video either calming Jason Guida down or apologizing for him.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

1st AD posted:

Then gently caress em

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
jason guida is a oval office

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Who was that guy that was in love with James Thompson right around the time Kimbo blew up his ear?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Who was that guy that was in love with James Thompson right around the time Kimbo blew up his ear?

"was"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1st AD posted:

If they actually did that, then Viacom & Bellator are absolutely pieces of poo poo.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

willie_dee, and he posts about James Thompson to this day

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

detective willie dee

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

1st AD posted:

uhh, what? link.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

-Atom- posted:

uhh, what? link.

I think they're referring to this from earlier this year - http://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/bellator/former-employee-sues-bellator-claims-promotion-forged-falsified-fighter-medicals/

edit - Just a heads up, there's an autoplaying video on that page for whatever dumb reason.

edit 2 - Here's a second article with the filing against Bellator by the former matchmaker http://www.mmamania.com/2016/5/26/11785770/bellator-mma-sued-former-employee-amid-allegations-falsified-medical-reports-mma

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Jun 8, 2016

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Clarification from The Observer w/r/t Brock vs. USADA - he's counted as a "new" employee and doesn't have to have been tested for four months before competing.

Link here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

-Atom- posted:

uhh, what? link.

Let's move to the b-league thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3570181&pagenumber=255&perpage=40#post460771730

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just watched this weeks episode of Preacher and the dean of mean Keith Jardine is playing poker in a whore house in it.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://vine.co/v/i3igP1vaZUI

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Le Saboteur posted:

Just watched this weeks episode of Preacher and the dean of mean Keith Jardine is playing poker in a whore house in it.

Huh. Missed him completely. I'm guessing it's because he was not face down on the canvas badly trying to stuff a takedown.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
Lmao wut

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Brock's looked like a 90s image comics character since puberty and he's never tested positive for nothing. Meanwhile, Mark Hunt fought in pride. So I mean.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
If I do steroids, will I look like Mark Hunt when I grow up?

Edit: When I do steroids

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
suplex lovely vs colonel sanders demise

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

Keg posted:

If I do steroids, will I look like Mark Hunt when I grow up?

Edit: When I do steroids

Man if you don't already you're not doing enough

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Memento posted:

Clarification from The Observer w/r/t Brock vs. USADA - he's counted as a "new" employee and doesn't have to have been tested for four months before competing.

Link here.

Loopholes own.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
If they tested Brock today, the results wouldn't be back until after the fight, right?

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Work Friend Keven posted:

Brock's looked like a 90s image comics character since puberty and he's never tested positive for nothing. Meanwhile, Mark Hunt fought in pride. So I mean.

I don't mean to argue, Keven, but Brock was once arrested for taking possession a bunch of steroids. Also, Lesnar once said "I don't like gays. Write that down in your little notebook." An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. But Mark Hunt is a saint, despite his misgivings.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mark Hunt met the spectre of death when it came for his father, and he looked it right in the vacuous space where its eyes should be and said "yeah all right"

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Serious question, if Lesnar doesn't cycle right because he's never has to be under real drug testing outside of whatever trivial thing they had in college and he pops, does his AC suspension prevent him from wrestlemaniaing? Because I would laugh a lot at that.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bluedeanie posted:

Serious question, if Lesnar doesn't cycle right because he's never has to be under real drug testing outside of whatever trivial thing they had in college and he pops, does his AC suspension prevent him from wrestlemaniaing? Because I would laugh a lot at that.

No because Wrestling isn't a real sport and isn't overseen by an athletic commission.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Bluedeanie posted:

I wouldn't worry about brock taking sex hormones. i'd worry about him showing up with a struvejawshattered.jpg for a wwe show 6 weeks or so after having a fist fight with mark hunt. i'm not saying it's how it's going to go down, i'd just be a tiny bit worried if i had to promote pro wrestling

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Bluedeanie posted:

Mark Hunt met the spectre of death when it came for his father, and he looked it right in the vacuous space where its eyes should be and said "yeah all right"

lol

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
Saw the fights. Never mind the standing elbow following the head kick, the gnp elbows henderson dropped after looked murderous.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
:knope:

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Unfunny Poster posted:

Apparently Nate Diaz got into a fight with Jason Guida backstage at UFC 199.

This is the only time I've ever heard of a Diaz street fight and can imagine the other dude being the one that started it.

Also, at the time I was pretty sure that they were wrong for curb stomping Mayhem Miller live on TV but hindsight has really improved my view on that one.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 8, 2016

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

I had a buddy who wrestled in WWE and says that they're actually quite strict about their testing for steroids and their no tolerance policy. Take it for what it's worth given how all wrestlers look but he was adamant that they weren't allowed to. He's on tons of gear now.

mewse
May 2, 2006

JaySB posted:

I had a buddy who wrestled in WWE and says that they're actually quite strict about their testing for steroids and their no tolerance policy. Take it for what it's worth given how all wrestlers look but he was adamant that they weren't allowed to. He's on tons of gear now.

... so the guy currently doing a lot of steroids is adamant he was being thoroughly tested

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

JaySB posted:

I want to think this is probably Chris Masters but it's just a shot in the dark.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

mewse posted:

... so the guy currently doing a lot of steroids is adamant he was being thoroughly tested

Yes, he was not on them while he was in WWE because of the testing. Past tense thing. Eat the loving hat

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Le Saboteur posted:

I want to think this is probably Chris Masters but it's just a shot in the dark.

No sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

mewse posted:

The idea being "He's open about being on tons of steroids now so why would he bother lying about whether he was then." It's not a difficult line of thought to follow.

• Locked thread