Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

never seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

rotinaj posted:

Are you talking about the old episode, or was there a recent one?

It's the latest Talk is Jericho.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
The latest episode of the NTPoS Wrestling Podcast (hosted by my friends and I) is up: http://ntpospodcast.com/

We talk about this week's terrible Raw and wind up having a lot of fun.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

Somebody called into WOL to complain about Highspots mailing him the wrong action figure.

https://twitter.com/Highspots/status/738745449755054080?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It's really funny that Meltzer had to explain why Punk could never fight Brock

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Hace posted:

It's really funny that Meltzer had to explain why Punk could never fight Brock

I'm not sure that "had" is the correct word. When the San Jose Steamroller gets moving, it's hard to slow it down.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
"The greatest villain in TV history: JR Ewing."

I don't think Dave has watched TV since the 80's.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Price Check posted:

JR was a bigger villain than anyone on Beverly Hills 90210

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dave is Bill Haverchuk irl

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Price Check posted:

He'd still be right.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Price Check posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZV3365a7Ew

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

rip JR

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die
I hope Ramsey Bolton and joffrey have Dave's email address.

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

I will not mourn a racist

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

BlueArmyMan posted:

I will not mourn a racist

- my elderly relatives, on Ali's passing

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

St Evan Echoes posted:

- my elderly relatives, on Ali's passing

when it happened my dad texted me "Cassius Clay is dead", it was great

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Price Check posted:

Hey now. He watched the Dallas sequel series that was on TNT.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Dave watches almost anything that a wrestler/MMA fighter does on mainstream TV, and reviews them like wrestling events. This is like 80% of the reason I remain subbed to WON.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

ParanoidInc posted:

when it happened my dad texted me "Cassius Clay is dead", it was great

His momma named him Clay, Imma call him Clay!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Dave watches almost anything that a wrestler/MMA fighter does on mainstream TV, and reviews them like wrestling events. This is like 80% of the reason I remain subbed to WON.

I loved how he said heel and face to certain stages of Ali's career

On and unrelated note, I'm disappointed this week's old Observer isn't up yet, I think Rick Rude's obituary was next

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

a retard posted:

Hey now. He watched the Dallas sequel series that was on TNT.

The one in which JR upon learning his terminal cancer and had scant days to live, paid someone to murder him in Tijuana and plant the gun in his chief rivals safe deposit box so he would be charged with murder and completely ruined

It worked too.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vertical Lime posted:

It's a pretty fair comparison tbh

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Vertical Lime posted:

I don't see how that's so silly. Ali's public persona was pretty much based off of pro wrestling gimmicks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploding mummy posted:

The one in which JR upon learning his terminal cancer and had scant days to live, paid someone to murder him in Tijuana and plant the gun in his chief rivals safe deposit box so he would be charged with murder and completely ruined

It worked too.

I never watched the sequel but goddamn that owns.

Greatest Dallas moment of all time is when they filmed every character in the show shooting JR so that even they wouldn't know who shot JR, and they got Larry Hagman to do it too. He stands there holding a gun on himself and says,"You've had this coming a long time you son of a bitch!"

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

quote:

WCW is coming out with Goldberg, Hogan, Savage and Sting Air Fresheners. Nash, too. The company that is marketing them wanted the first four and WCW begged them to include Nash

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

they got Larry Hagman to do it too. He stands there holding a gun on himself and says,"You've had this coming a long time you son of a bitch!"

:aaa: That's amazing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh my God I just got round to hearing Granny's review of Ricochet v Ospreay

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Is Brian Gerwitz on TIJ worth my time?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

Is Brian Gerwitz on TIJ worth my time?

It's a lot of fun, if only for him recounting the time he got hauled into Wrestler's Court and slowly realized that everybody was taking it seriously except himself.

Also because he reveals to an agog Jericho that the night Mike Tyson guest-hosted and "punched" Jericho out, Tyson had been smoking weed in the writers' room before the show started.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

It's a lot of fun, if only for him recounting the time he got hauled into Wrestler's Court and slowly realized that everybody was taking it seriously except himself.

Also because he reveals to an agog Jericho that the night Mike Tyson guest-hosted and "punched" Jericho out, Tyson had been smoking weed in the writers' room before the show started.

His Bob Holly impression is loving fantastic. "I got one of them TeeeeVeeee iiideeeeaahs"

Germ Incubator
Nov 4, 2009

*Cowboy Shit*

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh my God I just got round to hearing Granny's review of Ricochet v Ospreay

A very 'active' match! But a mere 7 compared to the genius of Dillinger v Murphy. I'm still laughing at 'Austin Areees' too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Jericho's recent Flair interview is great, too. They managed to dig into subjects that Flair hasn't talked about a million times, like working in Japan and being world champion during the transition from shooter/tough guy champions to entertainers.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Is Giant bomb's powerbomb cast any good? I gave their main podcast a chance and it was pretty enjoyable.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

rotinaj posted:

Is Giant bomb's powerbomb cast any good? I gave their main podcast a chance and it was pretty enjoyable.

It's good if you like the Giant Bomb crew and want to hear their frequently pessimistic takes on pro wrestling but as a pro wrestling podcast I don't think it rates the way, say, their F1 podcast is a decent F1 podcast.

Hell, even if you like them it can be a weird listen. I love Jeff Gerstmann but his negative opinion of Enzo Amore is loving mind boggling.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

rotinaj posted:

It's fun as long as you don't expect them to know the ins and outs of everything

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

rotinaj posted:

I haven't listened to it, but them talking about wrestling and getting a lot of poo poo wrong on the main podcast is annoying.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010

CombineThresher posted:

Jericho's recent Flair interview is great, too. They managed to dig into subjects that Flair hasn't talked about a million times, like working in Japan and being world champion during the transition from shooter/tough guy champions to entertainers.

Flair talking about Japan was really interesting. I thought a guy like Tsuruta was universally respected, but he just thought he was mediocre (and pretty dangerous) whereas he loved Tenryu.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

rotinaj posted:

Yes. With that said, I love everything Giant Bomb so I'm biased. I did get Kenny Omega in contact with them, so something might come of that in the future.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Skjorte posted:

Flair talking about Japan was really interesting. I thought a guy like Tsuruta was universally respected, but he just thought he was mediocre (and pretty dangerous) whereas he loved Tenryu.

I get the feeling that Jumbo was respected by fans and some promoters, but the guys who had to work with him varied a little more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

triplexpac posted:

I haven't listened to it, but them talking about wrestling and getting a lot of poo poo wrong on the main podcast is annoying.

Their last podcast had an "According to wrestlezone.com, Dave Meltzer says that..." in it.

• Locked thread