Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Charles Bukowski posted:

How do you combine sets pieces for the +11 whatever?

Shits not out yet and but from what we know it involves merging identical set pieces together. The Noblesse shop says it all since you can purchase each event set 4 times, so each merge will probably be a +1 upgrade to the item.

This is probably something most people won't do since it is really loving expensive. Note that platinum gear can go up to +12, so don't extract those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal and Superschaf have been gone for 4 and 5 days, any goons unguilded at the moment?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I'l probably be on again tonight, just been having charger issues that made me err away from 3D games.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

I'l probably be on again tonight, just been having charger issues that made me err away from 3D games.

Okay. I'm not gonna aggressively boot people, but if there are active goons who want in, I'm going to make room if it looks like it's there, especially with guild content coming up.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Holy hell, what's with the power creep on defensive sets? This is clearly an anti-Jenny and Klein set for PvP especially for the bridge and square map.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

Holy hell, what's with the power creep on defensive sets? This is clearly an anti-Jenny and Klein set for PvP especially for the bridge and square map.

It's basically a 4 star version of slime king, except they realized that attack types aren't actually a problem (though Krut is pretty nuts) and big area types are.

An edit about tonight's update:

First off, because of the way transcendence works, it seems best to not spend transcendence tickets on anything but SS gear if you can.

The power of transcendence varies strongly with item rank, with plat transcendence being A-rank, but capped, A rank getting one extra slot, S rank being significantly better, and SS being absolutely absurd.

Unfortunately, it seems quite likely that my first week of being top 50 will also be my last, if whales start throwing around a bunch of +13 S and SS gear.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 9, 2016

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I gotta say, it was nice of the developers to make the localization teams' job easier by making Dark Fortess inflict the -1 virus on heroes.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Some words on Wednesday's (technically Thursday due to Korea) guild raid:

-Boss is immune to sleep even though it's not listed.
-Boss is not immune to disarm. This makes Raboff extremely strong vs this boss due to his 2 turn disarm.
-Boss applies a ton of DoT stacks. Up to 6 stacks by turn 3 if you live that long.
-Mana potions spawn at the top and bottom of the map.

You definitely want Raboff for this boss because her later forms apply an insane amount of status effects. However, do not put Raboff in slots 1-3. Her first two forms are pretty weak and if she dies, her next form won't have the previous status effects on her.

Her third form is extremely nasty if she's allowed to attack. Her aoe skill will not only drain all your MP but will also apply charm. Since all your heroes are controlled by the AI, good luck not having them group up like idiots.

You want at least one recovery HP from DoT potential on one of your high rank accessory otherwise your heroes won't last very long. Belle and Shark really shine here because their 2nd skills can remove a single instance of DoT in an aoe.

If you want to get the scissor titles on the side of the map, do not place a hero directly on them. For whatever reason, placing a hero directly on the tile before the match starts won't trigger it.

The best team composition bonus for this map in my opinion is the having 3 scissor heroes on your team. This will trigger the +50 MP regen for your entire team and you will need it if you plan to keep up the disarm chain.

That's all the tips I have for this map. I'm never ever spending crystals to do runs 4 and 5. 60 crystals for a 4th run is way too much.

edit: Also do the attendance check-in you lazy bastards! :argh:

The jump from 50 to 200 soul stones is a lot.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Jun 9, 2016

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Can someone give me an idea of what to actually do with this update? What to spend the new currency on, what to do to get it(outside of killing the boss), etc?

I'm still pretty new to this so I haven't bothered following the news and so now I'm kind of overwhelmed.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Vincent Valentine posted:

Can someone give me an idea of what to actually do with this update? What to spend the new currency on, what to do to get it(outside of killing the boss), etc?

I'm still pretty new to this so I haven't bothered following the news and so now I'm kind of overwhelmed.

Join a guild if you haven't already. You want to go into your Guild -> Dark Fortress and run whatever dungeon is available. It changes everyday. The thing is automated so the only thing you have to worry about is forming your team. Spend all 3 runs everyday even if you aren't strong.

There are 3 new currencies:
Soul Stone
Scroll Piece
Scroll

200 Souls Stone -> 1 Scroll Piece
300 Scroll Piece -> Scroll

A full scroll allows you to buy 1 Soul Gear that are available to certain heroes for now. Soul Stones are used to upgrade Soul Gear. It takes a very long time to accumulate 300 Scroll Pieces unless you happen to be in the best guild.

Stones are used to upgrade Soul Gear. Note that there is a chance to fail just like regular upgrading.

Soul Stones are also used to buy Valkyrie genes. It cost 20 stones per gene and has a daily cap of 20 purchases. I would spend as many available Soul Stones on this first rather than try to save up enough for Scroll Pieces. I believe Valkyrie will automatically unlock as you progress through the guild dungeons, so either when the final dungeon is available or when all 7 have been completed.

Also a correction on the whole boss being immune to sleep, I forgot about the 6th hero you can bring in, so that completely ruins the whole sleep thing. Technically, this makes Yeka as a merc extremely powerful if she can stay alive every other turn where sleep isn't being casted.

Edit: Nope, definitely sleep immune. Just not listed.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 9, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

If you're not in a guild, post your name here, I'll boot the inactive guy and shoot you an invite.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
They gave out the reward for being in a guild and participating in Battle of Honor now, right? So can I stop caring about doing that for a while if I don't really want to grind for the characters in the shop yet?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

ZombieApostate posted:

They gave out the reward for being in a guild and participating in Battle of Honor now, right? So can I stop caring about doing that for a while if I don't really want to grind for the characters in the shop yet?

If nothing else, you should do boh a couple times a day and just auto your way to victory or loss. You'll rack up participation bonuses, a minimum of 10 crystals per week, and you can stockpile diamonds.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:
Yeah, I'll probably put some minimum of effort into it, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to screw everybody in the guild out of free loot or whatever if I wasn't paying attention to it anymore. Thanks.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

:laffo:

How on earth you're supposed to kill this without massive whaling is beyond me.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

NinjaDebugger posted:

If you're not in a guild, post your name here, I'll boot the inactive guy and shoot you an invite.

My in-game name is Fatbird.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm almost done with the story(I think, anyway. I'm almost done with Ashan) and after that I'm sure I'll have more questions for you.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So after 2 days of guild raid, I have come to the conclusion that Raboff is probably the most important hero. He's the only hero who can disarm for 2 turns and so far these 2 raid bosses are vulnerable to disarm while being immune to everything else. The problem is, even at 75% chance, as soon as he fails a single disarm, you can kiss your team good bye.

All I'm asking is, anyone willing to build a strong Raboff? I'm putting mine up for merc so have fun abusing it.

If you do plan to use Raboff, make sure you meet the requirements to trigger the +50 MP regen bonus. This bonus alone is enough for Raboff to alternate between his 1st and 3rd skill for quite a long time.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

So after 2 days of guild raid, I have come to the conclusion that Raboff is probably the most important hero. He's the only hero who can disarm for 2 turns and so far these 2 raid bosses are vulnerable to disarm while being immune to everything else. The problem is, even at 75% chance, as soon as he fails a single disarm, you can kiss your team good bye.

All I'm asking is, anyone willing to build a strong Raboff? I'm putting mine up for merc so have fun abusing it.

If you do plan to use Raboff, make sure you meet the requirements to trigger the +50 MP regen bonus. This bonus alone is enough for Raboff to alternate between his 1st and 3rd skill for quite a long time.

Unfortunately, I just put all my paper stuff on Raizel, who is awesome as hell. That said, my raboff's not bad, so I'll put him up, and you can try to get them on an alternating cycle by putting one next to the boss and one a turn away.

Guild invite sent to Fatbird.

Used a Raboff merc, set mine to Raboff too. My second attempt, using double raboff plus gillan, got to almost 3m damage. If people give me more raboffs to work with I might be able to do more by swapping out my healer for someone who can do damage.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jun 10, 2016

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker

Somefool posted:

Give me a week and I'll do it, I just have to switch some gear around.

Time-Police
Apr 6, 2009
overflowtax is almost full so im saving last few spots for goons post here if you send a request.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

So now I'm definitely sure that Raboff is the way to go in guild raid. Because no matter how I look at it, there is no way you can survive the damage output from the bosses unless everyone is packing 80% defense and have all 3 immunities.

The next biggest problem is timing because I had the boss die right at the end of my turn so he was allowed to attack right away on his level 4 form. That form just straight up wrecked 3 of my heroes in one go and stunned the rest.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Somefool posted:

So now I'm definitely sure that Raboff is the way to go in guild raid. Because no matter how I look at it, there is no way you can survive the damage output from the bosses unless everyone is packing 80% defense and have all 3 immunities.

The next biggest problem is timing because I had the boss die right at the end of my turn so he was allowed to attack right away on his level 4 form. That form just straight up wrecked 3 of my heroes in one go and stunned the rest.

Keep in mind that disarm working isnt an oversight: Trishula Form 4 has Disarm Immunity, which blows. On the bright side he seems to not have any crazy debuffs, so you could squeeze out an extra turn with Absolute Protection.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I guess I need to recheck their level 4 forms because if they can't be disabled on their 4th forms, I have no idea how people are getting such high points besides killing 3rd form with slot 1 hero and everyone else damage rushes.

Also does Absolute Protection actually work? I checked my defenses with it on and no values changed. As far as I know, it seems to do jack all besides healing unless they patched that up. I always try to use it when I know the boss will attack the next turn and all my dudes still end up getting ripped apart.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

I guess I need to recheck their level 4 forms because if they can't be disabled on their 4th forms, I have no idea how people are getting such high points besides killing 3rd form with slot 1 hero and everyone else damage rushes.

Also does Absolute Protection actually work? I checked my defenses with it on and no values changed. As far as I know, it seems to do jack all besides healing unless they patched that up. I always try to use it when I know the boss will attack the next turn and all my dudes still end up getting ripped apart.

Disarm still works on the fourth form, though perhaps not once it powers up. Instead it seems to have something in its unlisted passive like Raskreia and Raizel, a flat chance of ignoring anything it's not outright immune to.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

Disarm still works on the fourth form, though perhaps not once it powers up. Instead it seems to have something in its unlisted passive like Raskreia and Raizel, a flat chance of ignoring anything it's not outright immune to.

Later forms will have this buff on them and it's exactly like Rask and Rai's passive where it has a chance to prevent any status effect. I guess this is what resistance is referring to on Soul Gear equipment. That's actually pretty powerful if 5 resistance = 5% immunity.

edit: A map that finally makes use of Girgas Sandstorm set. :razz:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 11, 2016

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Rewards from guild battles have high variability. From yesterday.

Also I think there may have been a glitch with the guild shop today.

For those of you who have been buying Valk genes every day how many do you have right now? I have 60.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

60 also but guild shop follows guild reset times. 60 should be the correct value because today is the third raid boss.

Also did anyone get their scroll piece reward? For some reason I didn't get any and now I'm behind by 9 scrolls.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is the attendance thing set to give soulstones yet? I still just see energy and I want to make sure I'm not getting a weird just-me glitch.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Is the attendance thing set to give soulstones yet? I still just see energy and I want to make sure I'm not getting a weird just-me glitch.

https://m.nexon.com/forum/thread/6635-Soul-Stone-Delivery-Error-from-Guild-Attendance-Rewards

poo poo broke and we're going to get 500 Soul Stones via mail instead until next maint.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Somefool posted:

60 also but guild shop follows guild reset times. 60 should be the correct value because today is the third raid boss.

Also did anyone get their scroll piece reward? For some reason I didn't get any and now I'm behind by 9 scrolls.

For me, the guild shop is on local time reset (5 AM local) rather than global reset time like the guild checkin/rewards (which is 7 PM for me)

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, I'm new to this game and it looks like there's a bit of a learning curve. Looks pretty fun so far though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Well, I'm new to this game and it looks like there's a bit of a learning curve. Looks pretty fun so far though.

I made a post above about what you should be doing in what order in the Noblesse event going on right now. Any place it mentions Muzaka, add Raizel to it, basically, since he's every bit as good, just in a completely different way.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

It's not that bad unless you're trying to be PVP Numba Wan, the biggest things to note are: don't ignore Jack or his % damage skill, counter items are meh except for heroes with AoE basic attacks (also counterattacks dont apply basic effects, which is dumb), Dodge has a cap (but hitrate does not), offensive support heroes tend to be better than defensive supports (because grades are based off time taken to win).

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Oh. Well for that free legendary item I got from a ticket all it was is a pumped version of the starting sword with 2% counter rate, 2.2% crit, 22 damage, and some amount of hit rate. Also the tutorials are straight hosed on my phone. It just doesn't let me tap what it wants on the battlefield. Menu tutorials have been fine though.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Oh. Well for that free legendary item I got from a ticket all it was is a pumped version of the starting sword with 2% counter rate, 2.2% crit, 22 damage, and some amount of hit rate. Also the tutorials are straight hosed on my phone. It just doesn't let me tap what it wants on the battlefield. Menu tutorials have been fine though.

That's fine. Early on you'll just want to use the highest upgraded stuff, but later on you'll want to be a bit more discerning on equipment. Swords are good on tank heroes, because they have poor hitrates and generally are for CC instead of damage.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Alright. Whenever I unlock the ability to be in a guild, the slang's GodsBlister.

Arcaeris
Mar 15, 2006
you feed the girls to other girls

:stare:
Can I get in Overflowtax? name's Arinea

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Here's some tips on Guild Raid from what I've gathered these past 4 days.

Bosses have 1 specific weakness that you can abuse:
Monday: Stun
Tuesday: Disarm
Wednesday: None??
Thursday: Disarm
Friday: Disarm
Saturday: Stun
Sunday: Stun

Besides that one specific weakness, you can apply DoT on all of them. Do not bother with any other effects, because it will not work. I know some of the bosses don't have HP% Damage listed as an immunity, but they are and the text will pop up when you try it.

Once the boss reach their level 3 form and above, he will have a specific buff called Resistance which gives a chance to ignore any effect from applying. It is important that you bring multiple heroes that can disarm/stun the boss.

Chaining Disables

This is VERY important because Guild Raid is all about dealing with how retarded the AI is at controlling your heroes. The most basic thing you need to know is that the AI will alternate between their 3rd and 2nd skill. This means that a single Unknown cannot perma stun a boss because his stun last 1 turn and it's his third skill. During turn 2, Unknown will use his 2nd skill no matter what even if he has enough MP to use his 3rd skill again. In order to overcome this, you need another hero with stun on the 2nd skill slot.

For example, if you want to chain stun, you would need Unknown and Mu together. Unknown will start off with his 3rd skill on turn 1 and Mu will use her stun on turn 2. Unknown and Mu will alternate between their stun skill every other turn to hopefully keep the boss stunned forever.

Here's a list of heroes with stuns:

Skill 2 Stunners
Mu - 100% regardless of level
Kitty - 80% at level 10
Jenny - 40.8% at level 10
Seira - 80% at level 10, target must be branded
Chris - 66% at level 10

Skill 3 Stunners
Unknown - 75% at level 10
Alex - 75% at level 10

Mu is clearly the best at stunning because of her 100% stun rate, but remember that once the boss reach level 3 form, there is always a chance that it will be blocked completely so don't depend on her only. Sadly the only other hero with a skill 3 stun is Alex and he happens to be a blue gene hero. You're better off using an Unknown merc unless you happen to have spare blue genes or perfect genes.

Disarm is a bit different. Here's a list of all disarmers:

Raboff - 75% at level 10, last 2 turns
Gillan - 75% at level 10
Yeka - 80% at level 10, requires 2 charges

All of them are skill 3 disarms. Only Raboff is good because his disarm last 2 turns. Yeka is not a good disarm hero because she needs 2 charges to even disarm and that relies too heavily on rng. In order to get the most out of disarm, you want to grab a Raboff merc. Gillan can work but he will alternate between his 1st and 3rd skill. However, his AI completely breaks when heroes are low on HP because he will prioritize healing over dealing damage sometimes.

Hero Order

This actually really important especially if you want to disable the boss. Every boss have multiple forms and each form will be stronger than the previous form. You do not want to put your disablers in the first couple of slots. The worst thing to happen is for you to disable a boss then suddenly kill the boss. The new form will come back without being disabled and this can lead to deaths. Always put your disables last for hero order!

Assembly Bonus

The most important one to always go for is the +50 MP regen. This buff will allow your entire team to alternate between their 2nd and 3rd skills for several turns. The rest are optional, so don't gimp your damage for bonuses.

Guild Skills

I have to explain these because they actually differ from Lord Skills by quite a lot.

First thing, always enter Guild Raid with a full Lord gauge. Your current Lord gauge reflects on your Guild gauge similar to DB.

Guild Shelling - Acts similar to Hellfire, but it only targets the boss.

Fire Support - This will kill every non-boss target on the map. Great for Saturday and Sunday raid.

Absolute Protection - This is NOT Grace! There are some rules to this skill. This skill will heal and apply a protection bubble to all your heroes for 1 turn. The protection bubble will prevent all damage from the first source! This is important because raid bosses have a damage aura passive. The bubble, for the most part, will actually end up protecting your team from the damage aura. This will leave everyone open to the boss's actual skill unless you are out of range from the damage aura. Another problem with this skill is that it will also protect against skills that deal damage to your own hero. Klein will straight up remove the damage protection bubble due to his own skills hurting himself.

Combat Support - This skill will heal and remove status effects. This is skill is probably more important than Absolute Protection because it will remove disables off your heroes unless your entire team happen to have immunities.

Somefool fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 15, 2016

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Gave today's Dark Fortress a shot with Chenny, Gillan, Mu, Seira, Unknown, and Unknown merc.

Through some miracle, I managed to land a stun every turn all the way to form 5, obtaining 4.1 million on first try. Ended up with 8 million after 3 runs. Managed to get S rank (not -, just regular S)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

DontMindMe posted:

Gave today's Dark Fortress a shot with Chenny, Gillan, Mu, Seira, Unknown, and Unknown merc.

Through some miracle, I managed to land a stun every turn all the way to form 5, obtaining 4.1 million on first try. Ended up with 8 million after 3 runs. Managed to get S rank (not -, just regular S)

I guess a shorter guide on Guild Raid would be: "How lucky are you at rng?"

:wtc:

• Locked thread