Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

So I found out that Vega went from the longest throw range in SF4 to shortest throw range in SFV?
Like there weren't already enough things Capcom hosed up my favorite character with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Jack Trades posted:

So I found out that Vega went from the longest throw range in SF4 to shortest throw range in SFV?
Like there weren't already enough things Capcom hosed up my favorite character with.

ur wrong

https://twitter.com/FrameTrapped/status/740475466365145088

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

I thought rashids is the worst

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wow. I swear I was James Chen tweeting that Vega had the shortest throw range but now I can't even find that tweet.
I guess he was spreading misinformation and deleted it by now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Chun has the worst throw range, shameful. Please buff Chun.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Chun's st. lk doesn't cover both top corners of the screen. Bottom tier.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Jack Trades posted:

Wow. I swear I was James Chen tweeting that Vega had the shortest throw range but now I can't even find that tweet.
I guess he was spreading misinformation and deleted it by now.

James chen as a reliable source lolll

you new blood players own

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Otakufag posted:

Read this poo poo https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1n7dfv/then_now_analysis_of_the_most_upvoted_complaint/ and say with a straight face that SFV is worse than FFXIV at launch. Not defending the steaming pile of platypus turd that SFV currently is, but FFXIV was somehow even worse.

I can tell you definitively that this game is worth less than a platypus turd

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've started using Alex v-skill more against characters that try to keep me out by throwing normals to discourage the dash - command grab or elbow with reasonable success. HP buffered into hp slash into backdrop is something like 300+ damage and really discourages people from taking that route and trying something else, and the HP will sometimes function as an anti-air if I read them wrong and they just want to jump in.

HP buffered into HK elbow with v-skill on, or mk elbow otherwise is really helping against sims who just want to keep me out with mk and mp. I eat a bit of damage if my spacing is off, they get 300+ if I do hk elbow into ex-slash.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ssrnft.webm

If only the online was better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63tjtceb6FM

Infiltration throws out a tonne of pokes

HP buffered into Heavy slash is safer, and more damage if it hits counter/hard hit, as you can go into backdrop for ~300 damage

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
After I looked at that dantarion hitbox viewer for HP, and found that the hurtbox doesn't stick around or come out first like a load of these sfv normals, I've started using it way more. Alex is more fun now, and the stun output is bonkers.

https://my.mixtape.moe/mxypmd.webm

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Ff14 was literally one of the worst games ever made and I was around when ET was released

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is the new patch of ffxiv good? Heavensward bored me because i cant run around like an idiot and attack as a bard anymore

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Is the new patch of ffxiv good? Heavensward bored me because i cant run around like an idiot and attack as a bard anymore

The new 24-man raid is great but also impossible to do because it's slightly challenging so everyone completely fails at it. Bards got a somewhat ridiculous set of buffs, but you still can't run around like an idiot while attacking if you care about your damage output.
You also get to fight a dragon. I mean a man. A dragon-man. One of those things.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Klades posted:

The new 24-man raid is great but also impossible to do because it's slightly challenging so everyone completely fails at it. Bards got a somewhat ridiculous set of buffs, but you still can't run around like an idiot while attacking if you care about your damage output.
You also get to fight a dragon. I mean a man. A dragon-man. One of those things.

To be fair, Bard's (and AST's) ridiculous buffs just pulled them up to actually be competitive. Before this you only really wanted a bard to deal with the MP/TP damage in some raids

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be fair, Bard's (and AST's) ridiculous buffs just pulled them up to actually be competitive. Before this you only really wanted a bard to deal with the MP/TP damage in some raids

yeah but i could run around and spam arrows and be an idiot, i miss that

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I'm really enjoying overwatch.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yeah but i could run around and spam arrows and be an idiot, i miss that

If you wanna run around constantly while attack Ninja, Dragoon, and Off-tanking still exist.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Microwaves Mom posted:

I was gonna post how Overwatch had a really fast community response about things like server tick rate that people have asked about, but it's clear that the US side doesn't even really talk to the Japanese developers so it's almosy hopeless to expect anything better

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gems. Geeeems!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

will matching be based on gear level and rank?

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

I've started using Alex v-skill more against characters that try to keep me out by throwing normals to discourage the dash - command grab or elbow with reasonable success. HP buffered into hp slash into backdrop is something like 300+ damage and really discourages people from taking that route and trying something else, and the HP will sometimes function as an anti-air if I read them wrong and they just want to jump in.

https://my.mixtape.moe/ssrnft.webm

If only the online was better.

Hey cool, seems to work really well against that random online Birdie who seems to play the neutral game like he's having a seizure and just sits there and lets you do V-Skill half a screen away when he could have easily punished you hard.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Shiki Dan posted:

Hey cool, seems to work really well against that random online Birdie who seems to play the neutral game like he's having a seizure and just sits there and lets you do V-Skill half a screen away when he could have easily punished you hard.

I'm 100% sure Hobo knows this game better than you

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Microwaves Mom posted:

P much all FGC tweets are about Overwatch now, rest in peace fightmans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's because the people who play SFV are all normie scum anyway.

apple
May 18, 2003

Jose in the club wearing orange suspenders
Overwatch was the actual June update

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

apple posted:

Overwatch was the actual June update

congrats to capcom then they made a game with more than a starting roster of 16 characters that's actually fun, has good online netcode, is responsive to player feedback, sold more than a million copies, and had a cash shop in day 1.

I guess you really don't need storymode.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm curious why do people actually want the money shop in the game. Are you really that excited about having to pay for DLC characters?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Capcom post detailing the June update

tl;dr - Capcom (perhaps sagely) is scrapping the in-game shop and will just use Steam/PSN store for purchases starting this month, story mode will be 3-4 hours long and you'll even get to play Balrog, Ibuki, and Urien (whose design you can see on the poster).

Microwaves Mom posted:

It's pretty fun and I get to play Dad 76 with all my friends.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why is Urien wearing clothes

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

In Training posted:

I'm curious why do people actually want the money shop in the game. Are you really that excited about having to pay for DLC characters?

they want the costume, also lol at the next 3 characters being available too so when they do the next 3 hype reveals at tournaments no one has to pretend to give a poo poo

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want to play Juri so I am happy with this

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

In Training posted:

I think it's less about wanting it and more about being amazed they couldn't get it working.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

bhsman posted:

Capcom post detailing the June update

tl;dr - Capcom (perhaps sagely) is scrapping the in-game shop and will just use Steam/PSN store for purchases starting this month, story mode will be 3-4 hours long and you'll even get to play Balrog, Ibuki, and Urien (whose design you can see on the poster).

It's pretty fun and I get to play Dad 76 with all my friends.

Cool that they're letting you use story mode as a way to try the DLC characters

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Another interesting thing is that premium costumes cost negative $3.99!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

Why is Urien wearing clothes

He and Vega are wearing more clothes to counterbalance Mika and Laura.

In Training posted:

Cool that they're letting you use story mode as a way to try the DLC characters

Goetta posted:

I want to play Juri so I am happy with this

I wanna play Urien so bad.

Mattavist posted:

I think it's less about wanting it and more about being amazed they couldn't get it working.

Honestly, I'm happy that if they couldn't get it to work, they just said gently caress it and went for the next-best/better option.

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Microwaves Mom posted:

congrats to capcom then they made a game with more than a starting roster of 16 characters that's actually fun, has good online netcode, is responsive to player feedback, sold more than a million copies, and had a cash shop in day 1.

I guess you really don't need storymode.

8 frames = 20 tickrate

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
$6 a character does mean I'll probably just get one maybe unless they go on sale

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I wish daily challenges were ready for this update but at least they're mentioning what status they're at instead of pretending they don't exist.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I just want Balrog and Urien.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Goetta posted:

$6 a character does mean I'll probably just get one maybe unless they go on sale

Use your fight money

I think I have enough for 5 characters (6 after the story)