Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
Oh. Baculus you're the one who I got into it about your poo poo TMC article about IWI being illegal in Florida. lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

frozenpussy posted:

you're certified dumb now, so don't bother. You'll probably never recover either.

Honestly you both should take a break from posting and come back with some refreshing perspective on not being general twats

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

vyst posted:

Honestly you both should take a break from posting and come back with some refreshing perspective on not being general twats

shut up vyst

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

frozenpussy posted:

shut up vyst

you shut up

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Discussion Quorum
Dec 5, 2002
Armchair Philistine

ChickenWing posted:

Did you not read your probation reason?

Say what you will about Xenuria, him posting a constructive comment about dressing up spaceships wasn't exactly high on this thread's list of current problems.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Morris posted:

Say what you will about Xenuria, him posting a constructive comment about dressing up spaceships wasn't exactly high on this thread's list of current problems.

Him posting anything about anything is at least in the top 20th percentile of problems of any thread.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

CainFortea posted:

Him posting anything about anything is at least in the top 20th percentile of problems of any thread.

:agreed:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Morris posted:

Allow me to explain why it is an issue. Before his reappearance, the thread had certain unspoken rules. There are certain players we don't discuss or talk about due to the nature of their discretions and what happens to the thread because of it. BFM is one of them. Xenuria is another.

Xenuria actively posting in this thread will cause it to fail due to his reputation. I took time to read his rap sheet, his posting history and other things before making the decision that he is not to post in these EVE threads because of what will entail. A single ripped stitch will eventually become a piece of ruined clothing if left alone. I merely used the needle of a probation to help stop this.

If anyone feels this unfair it is noted, but as a moderator I have to make decisions that benefit the majority.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

preemptive swoon over vg post

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

postemptive swoon over vg post

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

VideoGames posted:

Allow me to explain why it is an issue. Before his reappearance, the thread had certain unspoken rules. There are certain players we don't discuss or talk about due to the nature of their discretions and what happens to the thread because of it. BFM is one of them. Xenuria is another.

Xenuria actively posting in this thread will cause it to fail due to his reputation. I took time to read his rap sheet, his posting history and other things before making the decision that he is not to post in these EVE threads because of what will entail. A single ripped stitch will eventually become a piece of ruined clothing if left alone. I merely used the needle of a probation to help stop this.

If anyone feels this unfair it is noted, but as a moderator I have to make decisions that benefit the majority.

Thank you

In space politics, goon wormhole group continues to live in wormhole, and mostly no one cares, so all is right with the world.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Syndic Thrass fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 9, 2016

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That there is one broken image. Sure is hoss.

Edit: There we go.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

CainFortea posted:

That there is one broken image. Sure is hoss.

I'm phone posting gimme a break

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

VideoGames posted:

Unfair? The last two pages have done more to restore my faith in SA moderation than anything in the past few years.

Please keep up the good work.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

ChickenWing posted:

postemptive swoon over vg post

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb
so this thread has devolved a bit into slapfights and whatnot, instead of space politics

what's going on in evespace?

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Landsknecht posted:

so this thread has devolved a bit into slapfights and whatnot, instead of space politics

what's going on in evespace?

cfcdot are victory lapping on Reddit about killing an undefended, unmanned Goon Astrahus.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

hailthefish posted:

cfcdot are victory lapping on Reddit about killing an undefended, unmanned Goon Astrahus.

that's pretty boring then

I've also noticed a big meta shift towards a lot more active tanking using deadspace modules for pvp, this is kinda cool but also kinda annoying cause these ships are nigh-on unkillable unless you're also running a deadspace-repping setup with links

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Yesterday I got a ping to undock and shoot a sieged dread on the undock.

I did that and then went back to playing wolfenstein new world order.

That's my eve story of the week.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Syndic Thrass posted:

I'm phone posting gimme a break

timg tag :cmon:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Sorry for killing the thread, heres a cat

I have an expert frigate guy cooking for when I get the urge

Please dont kick CFC dot out of Deklein before I get to camp some jb beacons. Do they have beacons yet?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

there is an unmistakable sign that the tide of the war may be shifting: sort dragon, the weathervane of eve, suddenly realized he doesn't want to run darkness anymore

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

get out before PL does?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

we will fight to the last and keep goons out of deklein forev...pl leaving, you say, why, look at the time, i've got to be in geminate by nightfall, toodeloo

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I would imagine provi is beckoning right about now as well

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

evilweasel posted:

we will fight to the last and keep goons out of deklein forev...pl leaving, you say, why, look at the time, i've got to be in geminate by nightfall, toodeloo

Yo when is pl leaving I gotta pack my bags

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

VideoGames posted:

Add prencleeve grothsmore to the list. Literal IRL stalking because we wouldn't let him into our space club.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Massasoit posted:

you already missed the moveop, didn't you get the memo?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Massasoit posted:

likely in about seven days, given that your fotizars are unanchoring (a seven day process)

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Awesome ty.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

evilweasel posted:

likely in about seven days, given that your fotizars are unanchoring (a seven day process)

thanks for keeping me up to date so i don't have to check pl.pl, much appreciated

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

evilweasel posted:

Is this a victory evacuation?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Helicon One posted:

Is this a victory evacuation?

No its a get out while critical mass dwindles before somebody gets caught doing something dumb

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Orange Red Bull posted:

No its a get out while critical mass dwindles before somebody gets caught doing something dumb

Before?

Landsknecht posted:

thanks for keeping me up to date so i don't have to check pl.pl, much appreciated

Yea pl.pl uses too much data to browse on my phone. Not very mobile friendly.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

Orange Red Bull posted:

They might've missed the mark on that one

https://zkillboard.com/kill/54351595/

Do lossmails of GIA morale agent Baki Yuku count, or is this cheating?

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer
I have taken up exploration on my alt to see some different sides of Eve outside of GoonWaffe PVP.
It's really thrilling to zoom around the galaxy, dodging bads while hacking sites, jumping in worm holes and seeing where I end up. Found a worm hole in Derelik that took me to outer Tenal in one jump. I don't really care about the making ISK part, that is just a nice bonus and adds to the excitement of trying to make it back with a good haul.

Currently moved into Thera (wow!) and scanning down exits to see where they take me next!

Everyone should try exploration atleast once, imo. :)

Question: is Tripwire "safe" to use or will terrible nerds use it to spy down my 2 mill newbie ship?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

nex posted:

I have taken up exploration on my alt to see some different sides of Eve outside of GoonWaffe PVP.
It's really thrilling to zoom around the galaxy, dodging bads while hacking sites, jumping in worm holes and seeing where I end up. Found a worm hole in Derelik that took me to outer Tenal in one jump. I don't really care about the making ISK part, that is just a nice bonus and adds to the excitement of trying to make it back with a good haul.

Currently moved into Thera (wow!) and scanning down exits to see where they take me next!

Everyone should try exploration atleast once, imo. :)

Question: is Tripwire "safe" to use or will terrible nerds use it to spy down my 2 mill newbie ship?

Any eve web application collects all of the data you put in for its owners. Assume that the data is going to whoever would want to misuse it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

Like suiciding a Revenant? I think the recording of the comms chatter from that incident was the funniest thing I've heard from this game.

• Locked thread