Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What promise will capcom break next?
Bets on "sfv will be supported beyond 2016"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
The rumor is that MS is funding Dead Rising 4 as an exclusive so maybe they just move on to loving that up.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Flinger posted:

8 frames = 20 tickrate

this

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Saint Freak posted:

The rumor is that MS is funding Dead Rising 4 as an exclusive so maybe they just move on to loving that up.

Capcom is weird

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Capcom: We need money
Microsoft: hell no
Sony: Make us a street fighter game and we'll give you money
Capcom: Oh poo poo, for real? uh, here's like...most of one. Maybe we'll finish it later.
Sony: Aw, what the
Microsoft: Here's our money too
Everyone: lol what

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Capcom: We need money
Microsoft: hell no
Sony: Make us a street fighter game and we'll give you money
Capcom: Oh poo poo, for real? uh, here's like...most of one. Maybe we'll finish it later.
Sony: Aw, what the
Microsoft: Here's our money too
Everyone: lol what

They bought 3 too right

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Help Im Alive posted:

Why is Urien wearing clothes

i told you all this would happen.

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

Flinger posted:

8 frames = 20 tickrate

it's really cool when i do a blink or a dash or something on my screen and then die behind a wall

and then the killcam shows i just stood there like an idiot and didn't do anything at all

getting hooked through walls is getting kind of tiresome too

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

i told you all this would happen.

This is like the lamest loving thing

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
What do they mean by june update? Don't they mean July? Or is june a 31 day month?

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Baal posted:

This is like the lamest loving thing

you knew it in your heart to be true though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

anime was right posted:

you knew it in your heart to be true though

Unfortunately yes

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Journalist gets five minutes with Balrog and Combofiend. No video but some changes are discussed.

And here's the first 10 minutes of Story Mode.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

*learns literally nothing except he has a new move as his v-skill*

"these are some welcome changes"

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

As a Balrog main in SFIV, this does not bode well for me

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011
Here's a few more minutes of story mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjDU-tvWBKY. New footage starts about 3:30 in.

Actually looking forward to this, maybe that $60 I spent wasn't a complete waste?

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I learned that nash's glasses clip from the first few seconds.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Dash Straight Punch (Charge back, press forward plus any Punch), Dash Upper Punch (Charge back, press forward plus any Kick), and Dash Low Straight Punch (Charge back, press forward down plus Punch) are all still int act. I killed off my opponent before I could try Dash Swinging Blow (Charge back, press forward down and plus hold Punch).

what the gently caress is this trying to say

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

First they take away Zangief's green hand. Now they come for Balrog's headbutt. What more do I have left to give, Capcom?!

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
please release juri footage already so I can giggle at how they totally ruined her fireball store aka the only non-fetish reason people like her

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Sade posted:

Dash Straight Punch (Charge back, press forward plus any Punch), Dash Upper Punch (Charge back, press forward plus any Kick), and Dash Low Straight Punch (Charge back, press forward down plus Punch) are all still int act. I killed off my opponent before I could try Dash Swinging Blow (Charge back, press forward down and plus hold Punch).

what the gently caress is this trying to say

That Rog still has his rush punches? I mean, it doesn't read that weird.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does anyone know why my 360 controller suddenly doesn't work on the PC version? The controller itself seems fine in Windows and I haven't had any problems before.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

darealkooky posted:

please release juri footage already so I can giggle at how they totally ruined her fireball store aka the only non-fetish reason people like her

I like her for the spinny wakeup kill / anti air.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

darealkooky posted:

She also has a cool design with ample use of purple.

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

i am sincerely excited for this stupid story mode. I want all the cool dumb things, clipping and wacky physics included.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

That Rog still has his rush punches? I mean, it doesn't read that weird.

I think he's talking about how the dude felt the need to list all of the move commands in parenthesis and make a really lovely cluttered looking Sentence.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

Ashtarath posted:

i am sincerely excited for this stupid story mode. I want all the cool dumb things, clipping and wacky physics included.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

I think he's talking about how the dude felt the need to list all of the move commands in parenthesis and make a really lovely cluttered looking Sentence.

I mean, he sounded confused about the meaning of the sentence. I can agree that it's not the prettiest piece of writing, hehe.

Also color me surprised, Street Fighter The Fifth has made a character more aggressive compared to its SF4 iteration.

InnercityGriot
Dec 31, 2008
I can't do it because I'm on my phone but somebody please post the gif of Nash getting told "devour" by a sheep, story mode is gonna be hilarious

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
If Bison plunged the whole world into no-sun darkness....why are there day stages? MY IMMMEERRRRSION

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

I was playing a set against a friend at the arcade with my Cammy vs. his Guile.

At one point after I had like a 8 win streak, he tried to anti-air one of my divekicks with a flash kick and the divekick beat it clean. At which point, he just paused the game, put his face into his hands and said "wow. Maybe this is a sign that I should stop playing SFV."

Them loving up Balrog? Maybe that's my sign to play Guilty Gear instead. I don't care about Ibuki or Juri and now I'm scared for what they'll do to Urien.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Intel&Sebastian posted:

If Bison plunged the whole world into no-sun darkness...

the story will just be "who shot mr. burns"

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Gammatron 64 posted:

I was playing a set against a friend at the arcade with my Cammy vs. his Guile.

At one point after I had like a 8 win streak, he tried to anti-air one of my divekicks with a flash kick and the divekick beat it clean. At which point, he just paused the game, put his face into his hands and said "wow. Maybe this is a sign that I should stop playing SFV."

Them loving up Balrog? Maybe that's my sign to play Guilty Gear instead. I don't care about Ibuki or Juri and now I'm scared for what they'll do to Urien.

I mean, a rushdown Rog is truer to his ST core, although losing the headbutt is...why would you do that? Seems like he'll still retain a way to move around with V-Skill, but God knows how that will work.

Also I'm so ready to play the cheesy story mode, you guys. I don't even care if it's good, I just wanna see some stupid setpieces.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Hello Necalli, whatcha knowin? Just stopped by to see your psycho power flowin'

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I want Balrog, Urien, and Juri modded into training mode.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Dias posted:

Seems like he'll still retain a way to move around with V-Skill, but God knows how that will work.

If it's anything like Gief's it'll be inferior in every way to to the thing it replaced

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

InnercityGriot posted:

I can't do it because I'm on my phone but somebody please post the gif of Nash getting told "devour" by a sheep, story mode is gonna be hilarious

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Rog's vskill so far sounds like the stupid turn around punch dodge thing Rog got in SF4 omega mode. Also, lol at them giving up on the zenny thing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oh my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Juri IBUKI's commands and specials found here, albeit in indeciperable moon language. There's also more story mode screenshots.

EDIT: Freudian slip :(

bhsman fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 9, 2016