Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

Kind of unfortunate that Silva just got old, and got caught, and wasn't willing to take his fights seriously anymore, and now his division is a deflating balloon letting out fart sounds as it flies around the room, while the web tries to convince themselves that a succession of mid tier ham and eggers are the future.

silva is so good. even though mma is relatively new i think he will be remembered for a long time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
He's the best and I love him for his willingness to have extremely bad fights.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

manyak posted:

Bisping vs Hendo isnt gonna happen but it would be less dangerous fight for Hendo than Lombard, Mousasi, Vitor both times, etc. Theyve given Hendo a lot of pretty dangerous fights all things considered

Yep couldn't agree more.

If one of the upcoming champions gets injured, like Dos Anjos pulls out or Dana White comes to his senses about Tyron Woodley getting a title shot and scrambles to replace it, I could see Bisping vs Hendo getting booked. But that's only because both Jacare and Weidman just got out of surgery and even Anderson is not too far removed from surgery. Rockhold has a medical suspension and Yoel has a retard cheater suspension. In a few months one is gonna be ready and then there's a much better option than Hendo.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

I.N.R.I posted:

silva is so good. even though mma is relatively new i think he will be remembered for a long time

He's gonna get the belt back op

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bisping vs Henderson 2 in London. Do it UFC.

Unfunny Poster posted:

There was a fan made game akin to Fifa Manager & Out of the Park Baseball that let you run an MMA Organization. It wasn't great but it was pretty fun and I sort of wish UFC/EA would make that kind of game but with the UFC and a bunch of random events that happen that basically make you go insane with trying to manage the organization.

This was the series I was thinking of.

Apparently the 3rd version came out last year which is kinda cool, still needs better graphics/art though.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/344800/

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 9, 2016

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Realistically, what kind of chance does Hendo have over Bisbing?

Genuine question, because I haven't really been following either for very long.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones
Bisping is hittable

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

ceaselessfuture posted:

Realistically, what kind of chance does Hendo have over Bisbing?

Genuine question, because I haven't really been following either for very long.

In theory Hendo is a bad matchup for Bisping, and totally humiliated him the first time they fought, but that was like 10 years ago and Bisping has gotten better and Hendo is extremely old

Its as fair as a fight as exists for Hendo at this point because Bisping is still hittable inside the pocket, doesnt have a ton of one-hit power like a Vitor, and isnt an overpowering grappler like Jacare or Rockhold who would likely ragdoll Hendo and his arthritic back and knees like Cormier did

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
hendo needs to be given a job as an ambassador to amateur wrestlers or something

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
guys i have a shocking rumour to report

https://twitter.com/HunterAHomistek/status/741015235507683329

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

hendo bisping 2 is the fight to make

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

hendo needs to be given a job as an ambassador to amateur wrestlers or something

I think so too but they should also give him some kind of retarded gimme fight in 2 years so he can take Coutures record for the oldest person to win in the UFC

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
I hope Bisping is tricking people into watching a gif of Dana putting the belt on him

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
bruce leeroy vs flair rodriguez is a good fight

gently caress rankings just gimme this kinda stuff

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

manyak posted:

I think so too but they should also give him some kind of retarded gimme fight in 2 years so he can take Coutures record for the oldest person to win in the UFC

This is exactly the kind of thinking that goes on in the heads of people like Dana White.

"That guy I now hate/always hated has one of the records in my organisation, better engineer a way to take it off him"

He must be salty as gently caress at Frank Mir popping for kangaroids and not being able to take the outright #1 spot on Most UFC Fights Ever from :ortiz:

TheUltimateDoofus
May 21, 2016
hendo should only be allowed to fight welterweights, and heart disease.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I feel like a lot of the maybe undeserving title shots end up happening due to injuries.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Nierbo posted:

For real though, Bisping owns. What a glorious time to be an MMA fan (except for willie)

It really is glorious, but yea, on a personal level it loving sucks.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Im glad somebody squashed the toxic rumor that CM Punk might fight in the UFC

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Keg posted:

Im glad somebody squashed the toxic rumor that CM Punk might fight in the UFC

I'd like to fight CM Punk in the UFC

JuanGoat
Nov 6, 2009
Apropos of nothing, it sucks that Kanehara was cut from the UFC. Fun fighter to watch and he looked much better than his UFC record would indicate.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

JuanGoat posted:

Apropos of nothing, it sucks that Kanehara was cut from the UFC. Fun fighter to watch and he looked much better than his UFC record would indicate.

Yeah that sucks, he is cool. It wasnt that long ago he beat Bruce lee roy on short notice

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Yair Rodriguez is also gfoing to beat Bruce Leeroy

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

willie_dee posted:

Holy lol I just flashed on what this is about

Condolences to your waifu.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/6q8m_1.mp4

2:20 -- Apparently denying Dan Henderson sex for two days makes him murderous

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

acai moonsault posted:

Yair Rodriguez is also gfoing to beat Bruce Leeroy

True

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Cruz yelling at Garbrandt to ask for Urijah's permission in the tunnel scuffle was good

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

colonel_korn posted:

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/6q8m_1.mp4

2:20 -- Apparently denying Dan Henderson sex for two days makes him murderous

Lol Bisping was such a dick after the fight

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Bruce Leeroy looked great in that last fight. Yair is a tough match for him though.

I'd like to see Hendo fight Bisping and I'd imagine Bisping would like to avenge that loss. Pretty rough on Jacare and Weidman though. gently caress Rockhold.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

manyak posted:

Lol Bisping was such a dick after the fight

I think he did that thing the second time because Bisping was trying to be a good sport and Rockhold just blankly stared at him. Might have just been the concussion though.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

In other news. I was eating lunch today and in walked Paige Vanzant....with Criss Angel :stare:

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

willie_dee posted:

You tried the good poo poo yet?

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
I just want to jump back a moment and say how great it is that Luke Rockhold lost his belt by boxing with Bisping, literally the only area of fighting where Bisping had any advantage at all. And it wasn't because he was somehow forced to box by anything Bisping was doing, rather Rockhold went there willingly out of stupidity and laziness.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I think I honestly enjoy seeing everyone convince themselves that bisping was actually good the whole time more than seeing everyone nod vigorously and agree that the fighter they didn't like actually is bad at fighting after a loss. Maybe it's just the novelty.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

EvanSchenck posted:

I just want to jump back a moment and say how great it is that Luke Rockhold lost his belt by boxing with Bisping, literally the only area of fighting where Bisping had any advantage at all. And it wasn't because he was somehow forced to box by anything Bisping was doing, rather Rockhold went there willingly out of stupidity and laziness.

Ehh.. Bisping did a good job of using footwork to take away Rockholds power kicks and stay out of the clinch, and Rockhold basically has never shot a takedown from range in his career (not to mention Bispings takedown defense is actually pretty good). His game is pretty much entirely power left kicks, right hook, and forcing scrambles. Its a lot easier said than done for him to do anything other than box Bisping especially early in the fight imo

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Ewar Woowar posted:

Bruce Leeroy looked great in that last fight. Yair is a tough match for him though.

he looked sensational except when he was caught in Cole Miller's Arm Bar. he will never be a great fighter but I'll still be glad to see him as long as he's around

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I'm not sure what it is about Rockhold, but despite his perfectly sculpted beauty, his athletic accomplishments, his success, or ease with women, for some strange reason in my goony heart, I resent him.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Best Friends posted:

I'm not sure what it is about Rockhold, but despite his perfectly sculpted beauty, his athletic accomplishments, his success, or ease with women, for some strange reason in my goony heart, I resent him.

Ease with women? Did you see that reality show poo poo?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

mewse posted:

Ease with women? Did you see that reality show poo poo?

Yeah. He hosed one of the hosts' assistants in the closet while they were wheeling in ladies to set up with him and she got fired

• Locked thread