Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sefal posted:

I still don't get what they were doing with this.

It would have been a bit better if the game wasn't delayed for europe.
It seemed like a unnecessary block.

IIRC their claim was they were concerned about Japanese people importing the almost-simultaneously-released US version which was considerably cheaper, but I think they realized it was dumb as hell because Ultimax which followed it was fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

Sega recently said they're letting Atlus USA do all that themselves, so we're still hosed.

Yeah, I'm aware. The slimmest of slim hopes is that Atlus USA turn around and go "oh, yeah, Sega can handle it." :(

Also, for illustrative purposes:

Thank goodness Sony consoles aren't region-locked, although the Vita not being able to swap accounts without a factory reset is still incredibly dumb. :(

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I mean, Sega doesn't exactly have a stellar track record for localization itself, so I'm not sure how big of a difference they'd make, if any at all.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

No, but, seriously you guys, Mega Man Legends 2 for $2.50.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

SpacePig posted:

I mean, Sega doesn't exactly have a stellar track record for localization itself, so I'm not sure how big of a difference they'd make, if any at all.

Sega is an all-or-nothing publisher, if they decide it's worth bringing a game over at all they'll probably do a good job on it.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sefal posted:

I still don't get what they were doing with this.

It would have been a bit better if the game wasn't delayed for europe.
It seemed like a unnecessary block.

I think it was because this game was dual-audio, and the game was prohibitively expensive in Japan, so in order to stop the Japanese players importing from overseas they just blocked it.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
How are those PSP Capcom arcade collections? I just picked up a Vita and I figure those would be great portable games to have on hand. Are they crippled by being PSP titles (never owned any Sony handheld before, so not sure what to expect) or is the emulating/porting pretty good? Same question for Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Minidust posted:

How are those PSP Capcom arcade collections? I just picked up a Vita and I figure those would be great portable games to have on hand. Are they crippled by being PSP titles (never owned any Sony handheld before, so not sure what to expect) or is the emulating/porting pretty good? Same question for Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max.

I've got a bunch of them and they're pretty much perfect. SFA3 Max is also very very fun

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Platypus Farm posted:

I've got a bunch of them and they're pretty much perfect. SFA3 Max is also very very fun
Obligatory "don't buy unless you have a PS3 to get them onto the Vita" warning

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Platypus Farm posted:

That's great to hear, thanks!

I notice some games are listed as "PSP|PS VITA" on the web store, while others just say "PSP". Would the latter type still work on a Vita? I was under the impression that basically the entire PSP library is available on Vita, as long as a given title had a digital version of course.

EDIT:

CrashCat posted:

Obligatory "don't buy unless you have a PS3 to get them onto the Vita" warning
Ah, is that what the distinction is between those listings then? I do have a PS3.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
Yeah, it's pretty stupid. Perish the thought of updating the Vita and PS4 software so that the PS4 can perform those tasks.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Mega Man Legends 2 (PSOne Classic) $2.49

:eyepop: aww hell yeah

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

Minidust posted:

That's great to hear, thanks!

I notice some games are listed as "PSP|PS VITA" on the web store, while others just say "PSP". Would the latter type still work on a Vita? I was under the impression that basically the entire PSP library is available on Vita, as long as a given title had a digital version of course.

EDIT:
Ah, is that what the distinction is between those listings then? I do have a PS3.

It's really confusing. Best thing to do is just check one of the online lists for things you have to move via PS3. It's been so long since I did it that I totally forgot that was a thing.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Platypus Farm posted:

It's really confusing. Best thing to do is just check one of the online lists for things you have to move via PS3. It's been so long since I did it that I totally forgot that was a thing.
Also if you see PSP and PS3 on the web store page left sidebar but not Vita, that's usually a decent sign that it's one of those weird ones. Of course as soon as you get it you'll know because the download list option will only be "download to your PS3"

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

CrashCat posted:

Also if you see PSP and PS3 on the web store page left sidebar but not Vita, that's usually a decent sign that it's one of those weird ones. Of course as soon as you get it you'll know because the download list option will only be "download to your PS3"
Heck, even that isn't a sure thing, though. Valkyria Chronicles 2 had the Vita tag added to its store listing, so I bought it. The web store does have a Vita download button, but it ended up being nonfunctional (and I also tested with another PSP game that did queue up). I ended up having to use someone's PS3 to transfer VC2 to my Vita.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

The Sony Experience™.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thanks for expounding, all. I found a wiki post on CheapAssGamer that is pretty useful in this regard. PSP titles are color-coded based on whether they are downloadable directly onto a Vita, transferrable via PS3, or simply non-working. https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh yeah, Psychonauts is out for the PS4. As in, the emulated version of the bad PS2 port that you will have to rebuy if you already own it on the PS3. You'll probably want to pass on it or play it on PC if you never played the game before.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I think they're working on a remaster to go along with the sequel so yeah, avoid Psychonauts at the moment.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

Has Chrono Cross been ported forward at all, or is it still a straight-up PS1 game?

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Still a PS1 game as far as I know.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

You can play it on PSP/PS3/Vita until Sony finally lets you play PS1 games on PS4.

Someday...

Eulisker
Sep 2, 2011

Harlock posted:

You can play it on PSP/PS3/Vita until Sony finally lets you play PS1 games on PS4.

Someday...

They will find a way to cram trophies into ps1 games and sell them to you again.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I can't redeem the Siren Blood Curse bundle on PS+ because a million years ago I bought episodes 1-4. It's also the reason I couldn't buy the bundle when it went on sale that one time in the last 4 years that it did so. Is there any way at all I can redeem the rest of game? I've been waiting literally years to pick it up for less than the full RRP.

Eulisker posted:

They will find a way to cram trophies into ps1 games and sell them to you again.

And some loving idiot will buy them for that reason.

It me.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Eulisker posted:

I can't wait for my ludonarrative dissonance trophy in Crash Bandicoot for killing 500 turtles

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Parkingtigers posted:

I can't redeem the Siren Blood Curse bundle on PS+ because a million years ago I bought episodes 1-4. It's also the reason I couldn't buy the bundle when it went on sale that one time in the last 4 years that it did so. Is there any way at all I can redeem the rest of game? I've been waiting literally years to pick it up for less than the full RRP.

And some loving idiot will buy them for that reason.

It me.

Kings quest does the same thing but probably worse. If you get the season pass, youll get the epilogue of the game when it comes out but it will not be sold seperatly. Everyone who got part 1 as a PSN+ freebie are not eliggiable the the delopers know this but wont budge

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.
I want my Castlevania: SOTN on every system I can. They can just port the trophies from the 360 release. :P

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

mrEkli posted:

I want my Castlevania: SOTN on every system I can. They can just port the trophies from the 360 release. :P

Nah, those were too easy. I want recognition for jump kicking Galamoth to death.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

mrEkli posted:

It's fantastic on the Rasperry Pi but I still want an iOS version.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

BGrifter posted:

It's fantastic on the Rasperry Pi but I still want an iOS version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castlevania_Puzzle:_Encore_of_the_Night ???

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Phantasium posted:

Nah, those were too easy. I want recognition for jump kicking Galamoth to death.

I never did finish my Richter run, the first time on PS1 was more than enough

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Nights of Azure is 25bux on Amazon. Was that game any good?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Ok I want a *real* iOS version and not a weird puzzle game no longer available on the Canadian app store.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Bogart posted:

Nights of Azure is 25bux on Amazon. Was that game any good?

Eh. I haven't played it myself, but from goon impressions it's like the framework for what could be a good game. It's an action game from a dev that mostly makes low-budget crafting games, so it's pretty shallow and has a difficulty curve that that sits at rock bottom before shooting way up at the final boss.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, it's definitely worth $25 if you like anime.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My wife and I played through Gone Home tonight. It was real good.

I'm glad we got it through Plus because we probably never would have specifically bought it. But that was a good 3 hours.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

dwarf74 posted:

My wife and I played through Gone Home tonight. It was real good.

I'm glad we got it through Plus because we probably never would have specifically bought it. But that was a good 3 hours.

Really loved this this game too. Just exploring that house and pieceing together the stories of all the family members was great. Found it way more emotionally affecting than I expected, game got me interested in, and caring about, characters you never meet.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

So is it really just a VM-esque walking simulator or does it have, like, horror elements and poo poo

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Katana Gomai posted:

So is it really just a VM-esque walking simulator or does it have, like, horror elements and poo poo

Just go through it. It's best to go in blind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

I never did finish my Richter run, the first time on PS1 was more than enough

You can beat richter mode in like 30 minutes

• Locked thread