Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

According to reddit, CD Projekt Red just filed a trademark for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Tunga posted:

Oh, and a Sky Force tip: if you're logged into Play Games you can go into the high scores screen and there's an icon for Play Games quests/missions which they've implemented but don't advertise anywhere so you have to manually go to this screen and activate it and then do the same again to collect the reward. These will get you 1000 bonus stars every few (two?) days for doing things like rescuing 100 people.

I must have turned this on at some point but when I go into it now it says the quest has ended.

Under the achievements section there is one called "It's my birthday again" or something like that for opening 50 gifts. How do you give/get gifts? Maybe that is what the green crate was.

I haven't finished all the missions even on normal yet though as I have been grinding cards and stars for upgrades on some of the lower levels.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Okay I figured out the green crate now. It was on stage 4 normal, and it seems likely that it wasn't prompted by anything. I'm assuming it was random. At the very end of the level there was a sort of helipad on the ground that blinked with a green icon of the crate, and the crate opened when I dragged it over it. Out came a collectible card. So it's not something too special.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Tunga posted:

Another interesting Sky Force question: there's a Play Games achievement for destroying all of the towers on mission 5. In the first game this was theoretically possible as you could dodge the no-weapons EMP pulse thing and keep shooting (especially on iOS where the pulse moved and turned significantly slower than on Android for some reason). In this game, however, the anti-weapon field stretches across the entire screen so I don't see how it could be avoided. Anyone have any ideas how this achievement might work?

I've been thinking about stage 5 as well. There's a timed card that gives you a random power-up at the start, and I've found permanent cards to start you with one laser and one bomb so far; maybe a shield would get you through that fence?

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
If anyone has impressions on the latest Kairosoft game I'd appreciate some thoughts before I decide to purchase or not.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Dancer posted:

Okay I figured out the green crate now. It was on stage 4 normal, and it seems likely that it wasn't prompted by anything. I'm assuming it was random. At the very end of the level there was a sort of helipad on the ground that blinked with a green icon of the crate, and the crate opened when I dragged it over it. Out came a collectible card. So it's not something too special.

That is probably from a card then. I have cards that turn those little triangular helipad type things on to give me Bombs and Shields during missions. They work just like rescuing a person does but you get a bomb/shield (and I assume laser too) instead.

You can look at all of your cards from one of the options from the left hand icon at the bottom. Tap a card to flip it over to see what it does. The bottom row ones seem to be 15 minute timer cards that you need to get a new card to get it again. The rest are all permanent improvements for you.

Ceros_X
Aug 6, 2006

U.S. Marine
Nonstop Knight doesn't seem to have a lot of depth besides trying to figure out what skills to use with your items for hard boss fights when you get bogged down. One combo I liked was Jump Clone + Healing Clone + Stun, with a weapon that spawns critters.

In this current replay I got to floor 140 and just wound up with (7) ☆☆☆ weapons.

Still enjoying it. When poo poo gets to hard, just restart. I like using void summon plus the 10 attack to just tear through early levels quickly while frenzying. Weapons where multi kills refresh cool downs are even better.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Trastion posted:

That is probably from a card then. I have cards that turn those little triangular helipad type things on to give me Bombs and Shields during missions. They work just like rescuing a person does but you get a bomb/shield (and I assume laser too) instead.

You can look at all of your cards from one of the options from the left hand icon at the bottom. Tap a card to flip it over to see what it does. The bottom row ones seem to be 15 minute timer cards that you need to get a new card to get it again. The rest are all permanent improvements for you.

If it's related to cards, then the only possibility is that it was the game taking pity on me for not playing at all in the 15 minutes I had an active "Card drop rate increase". That is one of only 2 cards I have (the other being 10% discount on upgrades).

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

In Sky Force I filled an upgrade bar and the little circle on the left end of the bar now has a "2" in it. Any idea how high these go?

Also, are there any ways to figure out where certain cards or ship pieces will drop? Is it more likely on higher difficulty levels? Do certain pieces only drop in certain levels?

I've never found a permanent card yet...

Thanks!

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Mekorama is amazing and all of you should try it. Start with Monument Valley, then switch out the moody grand-quest aesthetic for a set of Minecraft Legos and a cartoon robot. Finally, add a proper puzzle game. Yes, Monument Valley was great, but I think a lot of people would agree with me when I say that its whimsical, bespoke set-pieces didn't always give one the satisfaction of learning and building upon what the player had completed before. Contrast this with my time so far in Mekorama, which has evoked my memories of all those classic console and PC puzzle titles where you move little characters and objects around to reach goals. The kind of game where the early levels ease you into a small, defined set of game mechanics, and as you reach new levels the game begins to layer on new mechanics, remixed versions of existing mechanics, and configurations of previous mechanics that make you turn your existing understanding on its head. I've finished about half of the 50 levels, but there is also a level editor (on mobile? whoa) which lets you share levels via QR code, and I guess there might be more built-in levels in the future.

There are only two downsides so far. The first is that, while the game is truly F2P and "pay what you want", the nag screens to "please support me for making this game~~~~" are, well, very naggy. The other downside is that some levels have a second cartoon robot, and oh my God, this loving guy. Compared to every robot that has ever existed, this one is objectively, by any and all standards, just completely the worst, and I want to murder that piece of poo poo every time it decides to shows up.

e: fixed link :iamafag:

Lutha Mahtin fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 10, 2016

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Chinook posted:

In Sky Force I filled an upgrade bar and the little circle on the left end of the bar now has a "2" in it. Any idea how high these go?

Also, are there any ways to figure out where certain cards or ship pieces will drop? Is it more likely on higher difficulty levels? Do certain pieces only drop in certain levels?

I've never found a permanent card yet...

Thanks!

The health and wing cannons go up to 3 + full bar, the magnet and missiles go to 2 + full bar, and the main cannon goes to at least 4 + full bar. The consumables (bomb, etc.) go up to at least 2 + full bar.

I remember in Sky Force 2014, there were specific drops for specific levels, but I have no idea if that's carried through.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Thanks. Any idea what the little skull icon is on one of the sub menus? When I press it it just says "loading" until I close the app.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Could you be more specific? There are ...a lot of sub menus.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Most of the loot in Nonstop Knight seems poorly balanced. I'm finding that I can get further leaning on a one or two star item that just has a big +damage or +armor number that with any of the +x after being hit or after kill or whatever effects. Reason being that the only real challenge is bosses, and by the time you reach a boss that is actually deadly, you won't be able to kill minions or take hits to rely on stacking those buffs anyway.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Sort of. I save my frenzy potions for pushing at the end of my run. When under frenzy, there isn't a reset before the boss. So the stacking items do help out in those conditions.

1337kutkufan6969
Feb 13, 2010

Oh, Yian Kut Ku!
Where have you been all my life?
Let me break your head.

Grimey Drawer

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Mekorama is amazing and all of you should try it. Start with Monument Valley, then switch out the moody grand-quest aesthetic for a set of Minecraft Legos and a cartoon robot. Finally, add a proper puzzle game. Yes, Monument Valley was great, but I think a lot of people would agree with me when I say that its whimsical, bespoke set-pieces didn't always give one the satisfaction of learning and building upon what the player had completed before. Contrast this with my time so far in Mekorama, which has evoked my memories of all those classic console and PC puzzle titles where you move little characters and objects around to reach goals. The kind of game where the early levels ease you into a small, defined set of game mechanics, and as you reach new levels the game begins to layer on new mechanics, remixed versions of existing mechanics, and configurations of previous mechanics that make you turn your existing understanding on its head. I've finished about half of the 50 levels, but there is also a level editor (on mobile? whoa) which lets you share levels via QR code, and I guess there might be more built-in levels in the future.

There are only two downsides so far. The first is that, while the game is truly F2P and "pay what you want", the nag screens to "please support me for making this game~~~~" are, well, very naggy. The other downside is that some levels have a second cartoon robot, and oh my God, this loving guy. Compared to every robot that has ever existed, this one is objectively, by any and all standards, just completely the worst, and I want to murder that piece of poo poo every time it decides to shows up.

This one was brought up before, but almost immediately buried underneath some other game. I didn't play a ton of it, but it is definitely really good.

The best part?

Mekorama runs in portrait.

:swoon:

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

hooah posted:

Could you be more specific? There are ...a lot of sub menus.

On the same menu where you can look at all your ships and cards collected, to the left of those 2 icons, there is a skull on a post, sort of...

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Chinook posted:

On the same menu where you can look at all your ships and cards collected, to the left of those 2 icons, there is a skull on a post, sort of...

Ahhh, I see. Those are your trophies for bearing the various bosses on the various difficulties. Weird it isn't loading for you.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Mekorama's levels felt kind of samey after a while.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Probably too :spergin: of a question, but is bonus % armor and damage additive or multiplicative? Is my total bonus damage 7,855% (additive) or 11,342% (multiplicative).

If multiplicative, then its a fine stat. If additive, then it's really a minor boost compared to the huge bonuses from token expenditures. Attack speed, crit chance and crit damage would be far superior.

I guess I can do some science now that I found this stats screen. I was flying blind before just a few minutes ago. Next drop I get without %damage I will equip and see what it does to the damage number.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Freeblade has amazing graphics. I notice no difference between running it in reduced resolution or full resolution except the frames drop heavily in full resolution. Guess I don't NEED to display it in quad HD to have it look great.
Cosmonautica is a little too small for my screen. Or my screen is too big for it. Either way it's really hard to see the stuff I need to click on. Everything is so small. It's more of a PC/tablet game anyways. Got the refund for that after seeing how I couldn't really play it.
Asphalt 8 is fun even if I'm terrible at it. Looks really good for a mobile game.
Summoners War isn't for me. Tried it, got to level 8, realized it's just an endless treadmill that slowly gets steeper. Like way too many other games I've played before on my Tablet. There's no gameplay. Press Auto and walk away. It has nice graphics, I guess.

I still got my Kairosoft collection, at least. All 32 titles. 33 if you count Kairo Club.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jun 10, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Ceros_X posted:

Nonstop Knight doesn't seem to have a lot of depth besides trying to figure out what skills to use with your items for hard boss fights when you get bogged down. One combo I liked was Jump Clone + Healing Clone + Stun, with a weapon that spawns critters.

In this current replay I got to floor 140 and just wound up with (7) ☆☆☆ weapons.

Still enjoying it. When poo poo gets to hard, just restart. I like using void summon plus the 10 attack to just tear through early levels quickly while frenzying. Weapons where multi kills refresh cool downs are even better.

I'm saving my potions to see if I can use them to blaze through some really hard levels and get more tokens.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Anyone playing Blades of Brim? Basically like Subway Surfer but with swords and monsters and magic pets. I never played Subway Surfer much because it wasn't interesting, but I like the aesthetic of this one. Doesn't seem to be any reason to me to pay for anything either, progress occurs pretty quickly without needing to.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

gromdul posted:

Probably too :spergin: of a question, but is bonus % armor and damage additive or multiplicative? Is my total bonus damage 7,855% (additive) or 11,342% (multiplicative).

Did some testing; it's multiplicative.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

thehoodie posted:

Anyone playing Blades of Brim? Basically like Subway Surfer but with swords and monsters and magic pets. I never played Subway Surfer much because it wasn't interesting, but I like the aesthetic of this one. Doesn't seem to be any reason to me to pay for anything either, progress occurs pretty quickly without needing to.
It's made by the same people who made Subway Surfer.

This game is fun. I checked out the link, and I'm having a lot of fun with it. Best part is you get to beat up a bunch of Goons :allears:

Ziji
Oct 20, 2010
Yossarian lives!
Has anyone ever played MMA Federation? I can't seem to get it to download (either my phone is incompatible, or it's region locked out of the middle east and VPNs don't seem to work) but it looks pretty great.

EDIT: A developer emailed me and said it is only available on newer smartphones and tablets right now, if anyone was wondering why their's says "incompatible" as well.

Ziji fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 10, 2016

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Mekorama is amazing and all of you should try it.

You linked to the OP of this thread :confused: But that's ok, as I have the Play store link here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.martinmagni.mekorama

tentacles
Nov 26, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

You linked to the OP of this thread :confused: But that's ok, as I have the Play store link here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.martinmagni.mekorama

How Freudian!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

PSA, in Nonstop Knight keep an eye on your game even if you're just afk running one of the speed farming potions. Twice in a row now I've had the knight warp down a floor and end up standing on top of a pillar. He won't attack anything from here, but the enemies will still hit you and make damage numbers appear, although your HP bar doesn't seem to go down at all. Basically it will waste your entire potion duration if you're not being attentive and ready to slap the leap button to get off the pillar.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This might run afoul of one of the big bolded lines in the OP, but has anyone played Township? It shows up in ads a lot for me, and it seems to have a decent chunk of varied gameplay to it. Or, it could just be an IAP-riddled city builder.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

MisterBibs posted:

This might run afoul of one of the big bolded lines in the OP, but has anyone played Township? It shows up in ads a lot for me, and it seems to have a decent chunk of varied gameplay to it. Or, it could just be an IAP-riddled city builder.

It's a slightly different Hay Day. Not bad, but nothing special.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I finished stage 8 in Sky Force and I want more levels :negative:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

thehoodie posted:

Ziji posted:

Has anyone ever played MMA Federation? I can't seem to get it to download (either my phone is incompatible, or it's region locked out of the middle east and VPNs don't seem to work) but it looks pretty great.

EDIT: A developer emailed me and said it is only available on newer smartphones and tablets right now, if anyone was wondering why their's says "incompatible" as well.

Both of these are good so far. Playing them on S7 Edge.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Len posted:

I finished stage 8 in Sky Force and I want more levels :negative:
On all difficulties?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Tunga posted:

On all difficulties?

Nah. I don't have the energy to replay every level that many times.

Does anyone know how to destroy the towers on stage 5 yet?

Dancer
May 23, 2011
There's only like a 5% chance but still: you know there was a Sky Force before this right? Get that too if you didn't know.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

There's a desktop version on Steam, too, called Star Force Anniversary if you wanted to try it there. Not sure how it is, though.

peepsalot
Apr 24, 2007

PEEP THIS...
           BITCH!

Anyone play Tap Adventure? Its another "idle" game but after playing it for a little bit, idling seems to do fuckall. When the screen is off, it won't advance levels, and tapping is like 100x more effective than trying to let your heroes do anything. Like the amount of gold gained from idling for a couple hours can be made by tapping for a couple minutes. Is there something i'm missing or is it just not a good idle game? The graphics are real nice at least.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Chinook posted:

There's a desktop version on Steam, too, called Star Force Anniversary if you wanted to try it there. Not sure how it is, though.

I looks to be the same game as Sky Force 2014.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

peepsalot posted:

Anyone play Tap Adventure? Its another "idle" game but after playing it for a little bit, idling seems to do fuckall. When the screen is off, it won't advance levels, and tapping is like 100x more effective than trying to let your heroes do anything. Like the amount of gold gained from idling for a couple hours can be made by tapping for a couple minutes. Is there something i'm missing or is it just not a good idle game? The graphics are real nice at least.

there are lots of idle games. why play one that is real bad by your own admission?